Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

What would you begin to cost/str that at?

rez cost: 0
strength: 8 or something even higher

Because that operation is going to get trashed the first time the subroutine fires, which means it will do nothing ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

What would you begin to cost/str that at?

Realistically, this card would either be terrible or degenerate. Circumventing costs in a highly convoluted manner is never worth it to do "fair" effects.

You'd only ever use this for Scorch or other I Win operations.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Just have it let you play an operation from hand when rezzed

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Machai posted:

Just have it let you play an operation from hand when rezzed

I would spend the rest of my life trying to kill people with a Bandwidth -> Bandwidth -> Boom server

AgentF
May 11, 2009
The problem with playing events/operations at instant speed or during runs is that many of them can be used to initiate runs. You use that ICE's sub to play An Offer You Can't Refuse and now the runner is running while she's running. If both runs are on the same server then the runner can run past herself. At this point the FAQ doubles in length.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

AgentF posted:

The problem with playing events/operations at instant speed or during runs is that many of them can be used to initiate runs. You use that ICE's sub to play An Offer You Can't Refuse and now the runner is running while she's running. If both runs are on the same server then the runner can run past herself. At this point the FAQ doubles in length.

It was at that point that my console returned an underflow error and an honest-to-god blue screen of death. Like, I didn't even know those could still happen. But it turns out when you hit a server with quantum-entangled security protocols, your system clock gets really weird. I jacked out, threw up, called Jinteki IT and asked to speak to the SysOp that had been loving with me all run. I congratulated her, threw up again, and was promptly arrested.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

ZorajitZorajit posted:

It was at that point that my console returned an underflow error and an honest-to-god blue screen of death. Like, I didn't even know those could still happen. But it turns out when you hit a server with quantum-entangled security protocols, your system clock gets really weird. I jacked out, threw up, called Jinteki IT and asked to speak to the SysOp that had been loving with me all run. I congratulated her, threw up again, and was promptly arrested.

:five:

This is why you close your tables, people

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 17, 2016

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

AgentF posted:

Unless they introduce an interruption style tag then yeah. Too many issues related to gaining clicks or initiating runs during other actions.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I would love to use it to Cyberdex Trial on a run on R&D with a ton of Medium counters out.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I'm running a Netrunner-themed mafia if anyone here is interested in signing up for that.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Realtalk though, some kind of Scheherazade style "pause this run to make another run" card would be pretty hilarious.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Kai Tave posted:

Realtalk though, some kind of Scheherazade style "pause this run to make another run" card would be pretty hilarious.

Pause the run and start a new game where each player switches sides. If the current corp player wins that game, end the run.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Machai posted:

Pause the run and start a new game where each player switches sides. If the current corp player wins that game, end the run.

Players need 1 less agenda point to win the subgame^.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The German version of Terminal Directive's Rulebook got leaked. I'm not going to post any spoilers from it because there's a bunch of Legacy mechanics that I wanna find out for myself.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

The Deleter posted:

The German version of Terminal Directive's Rulebook got leaked. I'm not going to post any spoilers from it because there's a bunch of Legacy mechanics that I wanna find out for myself.

The good news at least is that none of the cards in the sealed packs are going to be tournament legal so there is no reason to spoil them.

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013

LordNat posted:

The good news at least is that none of the cards in the sealed packs are going to be tournament legal so there is no reason to spoil them.

I was under the impression all the cards will be tournament legal.

"even as the expansion provides a massive infusion to your standard, tournament-legal Android: Netrunner matches with 163 new cards (86 Corp and 77 Runner) divided between the Criminal, Shaper, Haas-Bioroid, and Weyland Consortium factions, as well as neutral."

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
What are the odds that this is a "core box 2.0" type scenario? That's a lot of cards.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
That's physical cards, not counting playsets. By all accounts there's three copies each of 53 new cards, plus four identities. So about equivalent to a deluxe box, with everything in the spoiler packs counted seperately.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Does anyone have a link to spoilers for just the cards, not the mechanics?

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
All there is at this stage are card names from the sample Decklists (and the Diamond icon cards from Worlds), which are rough translations for the most part. If you just wanted the decklists:

Ayla "Bios" Rahim
2x Careful Planning
2x Deep Data Mining
3x Diesel*
3x Modded*
3x Process Automation
3x Special Order*
1x Stimhack*
3x Sure Gamble*
2x Personal Touch*
2x Ubax
3x Datasucker*
3x Dhegdheer
3x Magnum Opus*
2x Adept
2x Gordian Blade
1x Mammon
2x Biometric Spoofing
2x Dean Lister

Steve Cambridge
2x Account Siphon*
1x Brute Force Hack
3x Easy Mark*
3x Forged Activation Orders*
3x Process Automation
2x Spear Phishing
1x Special Order*
3x Sure Gamble*
1x Akamatsu Memchip*
2x Polyhistor
2x Aurora*
2x Femme Fatale*
2x Gordian Blade*
2x Mammon
1x Sneakdoor Beta
3x Armitage Codebusting*
2x Bankjob*
2x Biometric Spoofing
2x Quack
2x Dean Lister
2x Laguna Velasco District

Seidr Laboratories
3x Accelerated Betatest*
3x Successful Field Test
1x Optional Upgrade
3x Adonis Campaign*
3x Marilyn Campaign
1x Aggresive Secretary
1x Snare!*
2x Mason Bellamy
1x Black Level Clearance
1x SanSan Citygrid
3x Hedge Funds
3x IPO
2x Archived Memories*
2x Biotic Labor*
1x Heimdall 1.0*
2x Viktor 1.0*
3x Ichi 1.0*
1x Enigma*
2x Tapestry
2x Eli 2.0 :siren:
1x Rototurret*
2x Tollbooth*
2x Wall of Static*
1x Hortum

Skorpios Defense Systems
3x Hardened Servers
2x Bribe Money
2x Adonis Campaign*
3x Snare!*
2x Mr. Stone
1x Melange Mining Corp*
2x PAD Campaign*
1x Sansan City Grid*
2x K.P. Lynn
2x Beanstalk Royalties*
3x Hedge Funds*
2x Scorched Earth*
2x Hunter-Seeker
2x IPO
1x Ice Wall*
2x Colossus
1x Hailstorm
2x Hortum
1x Enigma*
1x Wall of Static*
1x Data Raven*
(* = Core Set card)

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
It's a new thread! Time to talk about storage again, especially with the 1000th card being released soon.

I bought 2x 2" Staples better binders a while back, but while bindering is great to browse through cards holy poo poo does it take forever to sort stuff back in. Plus numbering by set -> set number sucks.

I'm thinking of resorting by faction/card type, but maybe just getting rid of my binders all together, otherwise doing the 9x 1" binder things I've seen some people mention.

Curious what people who use their cards A LOT more than I ever get to do use.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I sort by faction->card type-> set number

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I use 9x ultra-pro binders. One for each faction and one for Neutral Corp and Neutral Runner/Mini-factions, sorted by cycle and number. Alt-arts go beside the regular card. It sucks to organize at first, but it's really easy later on for both finding cards and putting new cards in later. I bought a box of extra sheets for when I run out of space.

For Tokens I use a fishing tacklebox, which keeps everything organized nicely.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 19, 2016

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I got a stacking storage thing from Joann Fabrics and made an insert for the top half. It has enough room for four rows of vertical cards. I own almost everything and with three decks built it has enough wiggle room on all the rows to flip through cards and be able to stick my fat fingers in to take cards out.

The bottom container is for tokens, rule book and decks

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
I use two big ring binders that are groaning at the seams and I'm going to need new ones soon.

To hell with sorting by set/number, I just sort by faction and then card type (ID->Agenda->Asset->Upgrade->Ice->Operation etc). I'm gonna have to buy two more binders and break them into HB/Jinteki, NBN/Weyland/Neutral, and then Anarch/Crim and Shaper/Neutral/D&D IDs.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Nov 20, 2016

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

I've been enjoying this Smoke deck:

Ele "Smoke" Scovak: Cynosure of the Net

Event (8)
2x Account Siphon ●●●●● ●●●
3x Diesel
1x Indexing
1x Levy AR Lab Access
1x Rumor Mill ●●

Hardware (9)
3x Akamatsu Mem Chip
2x Mirror
2x Net-Ready Eyes
2x R&D Interface

Resource (12)
1x Artist Colony
1x Beth Kilrain-Chang
3x Ghost Runner
3x Net Mercur
1x Same Old Thing
3x Scrubber ●●●

Icebreaker (4)
1x Corroder ●●
1x Dagger
1x Dai V
1x Refractor

Program (7)
3x Cloak
1x Magnum Opus
3x Self-modifying Code

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Intervention

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

I keep feeling like I'm behind, and then all of a sudden "oh hey I can siphon you and Index R&D or smash your assets, whatever."

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Sensies actor's union:Sensei's Divining Top::Net Mercur:Umezawa's Jitte

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Machai posted:

I got a stacking storage thing from Joann Fabrics and made an insert for the top half. It has enough room for four rows of vertical cards. I own almost everything and with three decks built it has enough wiggle room on all the rows to flip through cards and be able to stick my fat fingers in to take cards out.

The bottom container is for tokens, rule book and decks

Do not trust that handle.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

PJOmega posted:

Do not trust that handle.

I dont, I carry it around in a reusable grocery bag.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Had anyone had much luck getting Khan to work yet? I'm looking at the game again and thinking of trying to relearn it on Jinteki. Khan is one of the first IDs in a while to pique my interest since Leela.

The legacy campaign expansion + ghost in the shell coming out next year is making me want to try this again. Do a lot of goons play on Jinteki?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Had anyone had much luck getting Khan to work yet?
She bad.

Acolyte!
Aug 6, 2001

Go! Rocket Kiwi! Go!

jeeves posted:

It's a new thread! Time to talk about storage again, especially with the 1000th card being released soon.

I bought 2x 2" Staples better binders a while back, but while bindering is great to browse through cards holy poo poo does it take forever to sort stuff back in. Plus numbering by set -> set number sucks.

I'm thinking of resorting by faction/card type, but maybe just getting rid of my binders all together, otherwise doing the 9x 1" binder things I've seen some people mention.

Curious what people who use their cards A LOT more than I ever get to do use.

This is a bit old, but I use this

They've since been moved to another box and the corp has joined them. I worry sometimes about damaging them and I can't build by paging through it like I could with binders when I was doing that. Putting together and taking apart pre-arranged decklists is pretty efficient, though.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Specifically her breakers are a bit too expensive to reliably use their bounce ability, her ID ability doesn't help much, her console has no direct synergy and 12 inf in Criminal is a big drawback.

There are some decks on Netrunnerdb that you can check out. She's not unplayable but she's definitely not top tier either.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Had anyone had much luck getting Khan to work yet? I'm looking at the game again and thinking of trying to relearn it on Jinteki. Khan is one of the first IDs in a while to pique my interest since Leela.

Since nobody is going to actually answer this, I'll answer. Khan's suite is about making a big run on HQ, derezzing all the ice on the way, gaining a bunch of multi-access, and then hammering it over and over in the traditional Criminal manner. The problem with this is that all of her stuff is really expensive.

Your deck is going to want a REALLY strong economy, most likely Temujins and run-based/event economy. You want stuff that will help/reward you for installing programs and when the Corp rezzes Ice. Your limited influence is going to be on some combination of Sasahara, Ice Analyser and Scheherazade for cash, and LLDS Processor for making breaking with the birds easier. Your multi-access is going to be Turning Wheel.

If you're thinking "oh gosh, I don't have enough influence for all this," congrats, you're using your noodle! Deckbuilding is meant to be tricky! But you're also right. That support suite is gonna be all of your influence. It sucks. If you need to cut stuff, the absolute core of your imports is LLDS Processor.

Compromised Employee is in-faction, as are all the various Jobs and Security Testing to punish remotes. Account Siphon for sure. Autoscripter maybe? You generally want Generic Criminal Tricks and economy for the rest of your cards. No backup breakers - if you wanna Kahn you gotta go all in on her gimmicks.

Kahn isn't top tier, but once you get the support up and turn using the birds from a pain in the balls into a pain train on the Corp she's tons of fun.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I appreciate the Khan breakdown! Sounds a bit disappointing so far, but I really like the idea behind it. I suppose I can try it out on Jinteki against some of my other relapsed friends who won't be terribly competitive either.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

The Deleter posted:

Since nobody is going to actually answer this, I'll answer. Khan's suite is about making a big run on HQ, derezzing all the ice on the way, gaining a bunch of multi-access, and then hammering it over and over in the traditional Criminal manner. The problem with this is that all of her stuff is really expensive.

Your deck is going to want a REALLY strong economy, most likely Temujins and run-based/event economy. You want stuff that will help/reward you for installing programs and when the Corp rezzes Ice. Your limited influence is going to be on some combination of Sasahara, Ice Analyser and Scheherazade for cash, and LLDS Processor for making breaking with the birds easier. Your multi-access is going to be Turning Wheel.

If you're thinking "oh gosh, I don't have enough influence for all this," congrats, you're using your noodle! Deckbuilding is meant to be tricky! But you're also right. That support suite is gonna be all of your influence. It sucks. If you need to cut stuff, the absolute core of your imports is LLDS Processor.

Compromised Employee is in-faction, as are all the various Jobs and Security Testing to punish remotes. Account Siphon for sure. Autoscripter maybe? You generally want Generic Criminal Tricks and economy for the rest of your cards. No backup breakers - if you wanna Kahn you gotta go all in on her gimmicks.

Kahn isn't top tier, but once you get the support up and turn using the birds from a pain in the balls into a pain train on the Corp she's tons of fun.

One of the problems Khan suffers from is Splash damage. everyone is so terrified of ice destruction out of anarch that they don't run expensive ice anymore for fear of losing it so you do-rezzing ice doesn't do anything much when the Corp can rez for a credit or two

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
That is true, and hopefully there will be a day and age where it's not so prevalent and people start playing larger ICE again, so derezzing ICE will be worth it. Sadly, the main sources of ICE destruction aren't going away any time soon.

If Khan had more influence you could put En Passant in there and be a real jerk.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Or you can run En Passant in your Val Blackmail spam deck, where it's really pretty good (and will make everyone hate you!)

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

It's pretty fun in Siphon/Keyhole Reina, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I hope more people use Ark Lockdown to remove copies of Blackmail and kick that archetype in the privates. All hail the Ark Lockdown meta.

• Locked thread