Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Zeno is so loving cute. The bit of him floating upside was great.

Rutibex posted:

Why did Trunks go back to the wrecked Earth? why not travel far enough back to before the Androids?
Why travel back at all to a timeline he doesn't belong in at all? His Earth is gone

Weird loving ending. Rick and Morty style nails it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Rutibex posted:

Why did Trunks go back to the wrecked Earth? why not travel far enough back to before the Androids?

From what little I remember about the time traveling talk back in DBZ, when you travel to the past, time keeps going on in the future (so if you go to the past, stay 10 mins, then go back to the future, 10 mins would have passed in the future too)

After all, you are not travelling back in time, but travelling back to the past of a separate timeline. The same concept is used in Chrono Trigger too, and it kinda resembles the "Past and present coexist" of X-MenDoFP

So no, it is not possible to return back to before the Androids...

HELL, by all logic, they aren't returning to their original timeline either. Based on what Beerus and Whis said, they going back to a previous save state on Trunk's Timeline to stop Zamasu would only create another Time Ring, ie. another completely different timeline, one in which Trunks and Mai already exist.

This episode tried to wrap all things up fast (why? this arc was very succesful, are they on a limited budget or time constraint?) and ended up creating a convoluted mess not seen since Inception :psyboom:

On the plus side, this means that good boy Zamasu technically did win in killing all the filthy

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Cons:
That was stupid as gently caress
Zamasu.jpg becoming the universe is dumb looking
Just going "oh, that was like a spirit bomb!" is kinda dire. It's fun when things are left for interpretation, but the fact that me going "his blue power up was the earth giving him power, it's a bait since we associate blue with SSB but it was the blue of spirit bomb!" is just as valid as "random power up, and then everyone gave power like it's a movie" and heck, most probably will see the latter as way more valid than my fanfiction.
Crashes hard with the themes they were building up. The only thing that survives is that power alone means very little, it's using your intelligence what truly matters, as seen with the mafuba being what really beats up Zamasu, his psyche breaking leading to his harsh defeats and then Goku's time-loving to get Zen-oh a buddy.
The timeline stuff can only be described as Time Fuckery.
I could not even understand the Gohan bit at the end.

Pros:
That was stupid as gently caress
Zamasu.jpg becoming the universe
The timeline stuff can only be described as Time Fuckery

Kinda tanks my opinion of the arc itself. Now it's more like "it's dumb but then it gets HYPE AS gently caress" for me.

Next week's episode will be the best thing ever.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Nov 20, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
This was the first time I thought Goku was a genius ever.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Zamasu.jpg and Zamasu.jpg invading the whole universe is the most accurate "90's Movie Computer Virus" I've seen in a while

This episode was bad

This episode was good

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I like the fact that the survivors of Earth contributing their power to Trunks was pointless, and they all died.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Trunks can only know suffering

suffering

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there a picture of Zamasu Gigygas?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Tae posted:

This was the first time I thought Goku was a genius ever.

Seriously, though, holy poo poo Goku

in an arc full of weird and unexpected time shenanigans, I think that legit caught me by surprise the hardest

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
That was kinda cool and made sense to me, but the fact that Trunk's spirit sword wasn't the real end of the fight is kinda disappointing. I also wonder why I thought Zamasu would be dead there.

But hey, Zamasu Giygas is a neat way to add more to Trunk's suffering.

The bit with Gohan at the end: I'm gonna guess PTSD mixed with the feelings of genuine guilt that he wasn't able to even protect his world, but must start over from a save state and exist only as a time interloper. But Gohan was there to cheer him up and remind him he still made a better world simply by interloping as he did.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

At the very least, I like how this episode addresses Why they didn't just call Zeno in the first place. Bit risky calling the guy who will blow up a universe with almost zero hesitation. It's sort of like using a nuke for pest control. .

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Mixed about the last episode. Zamasu coming back as an angry fart cloud wasn't really needed.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
We better get a Fart-Zamasu.gif playable DLC for Xenoverse.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Zamasu completed his ascension to full JRPG boss by having a 2nd form where he becomes god and a 3rd form where You Cannot Grasp The True Form Of Zamasu's Attack so I'm down with that conceptually. the execution could have been better for sure but I liked the idea

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rirse posted:

Is there a picture of Zamasu Gigygas?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This ending not only invalidates everything Trunks did this arc, it also invalidates the entire Cell saga :v: Future Bulma specifically did not want to Rick & Morty it, she built the time machine to save her world. They could have abandoned the wreaked Earth any time they wanted to.

Trunks time-duplicate mom is going to be pissed at him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

This ending not only invalidates everything Trunks did this arc, it also invalidates the entire Cell saga :v: Future Bulma specifically did not want to Rick & Morty it, she built the time machine to save her world. They could have abandoned the wreaked Earth any time they wanted to.

Trunks time-duplicate mom is going to be pissed at him.

Well, Future Bulma was dead so it isn't like it worked out for her.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I glad that the gently caress Trunks theme won out.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So we're four for four on arcs where the main characters don't actually win and need godly beings to either bail them out via universal savescumming or their opponent backing down in the end.

Interesting message for Dragonball Super to send.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

NEW FUTURE TRUNKS IMAGE SONG FROM THE OST:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

So we're four for four on arcs where the main characters don't actually win and need godly beings to either bail them out via universal savescumming or their opponent backing down in the end.

Interesting message for Dragonball Super to send.

Well, to be fair, the gods also keep telling them "Yo, you need to figure out how to handle your own poo poo" with a side of "gently caress Ningen" on the side.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Well at least Trunks still has Mai. You know, until two arcs later when we find out and a little piece of Zamasu secretly possessed her.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I love Dragon Ball Super so much you guys

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I would not be surprised if this is sort of a quick rewrite to give Trunks and Mai a reason to maybe abandon their hosed up timeline and become like recurring characters or something, while still letting there be a happy ending. I mean, the idea that these two are now essentially separate entities means they're basically free to find new places for themselves. Or even a way to toss one Future Trunks into Time Patrol and let the other handle the future.

So somehow the new Future Trunks will have purple hair and no one will mention it.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I liked the Zen-chan part... Zen-chan is the man.

Would play with 100%

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Goku used his brain for once and it led to incredible results. Beerus sprinting to get in line when he showed up was great. the high priest being Whis and Vados' dad also makes sense

Vegeta and Trunks having a real father-son moment was also great. the Gohan scene was something really subtle that struck an emotional nerve for me, that was really good

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 20, 2016

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I have no idea why they felt that extra knife twist was necessary. I'm just going to pretend Zamasu poofed out of existence and Trunks and Mai just lived in their own, not destroyed world.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Momomo posted:

I have no idea why they felt that extra knife twist was necessary. I'm just going to pretend Zamasu poofed out of existence and Trunks and Mai just lived in their own, not destroyed world.

I assume to stick to the very important rule of "gently caress you, Trunks."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Maybe it was to have an easier time for Future Trunks to cameo, since the only reason why he appeared was because of a galaxy-ending threat, and him leaving this time won't put it in peril.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
that episode

I

what?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

In all seriousness

That world was hosed even if they stopped Zamasu without incident.

No Kais in any reality to create new life, and no Gods of Destruction to handle the other end.

It was kind of a mercy killing really.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
Gotta say. The short Gohan scene was emotional as hell. I've watched all db/dbZ/gt on their original broadcast in Japan so this struck took a chord with me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I feel like the episode might have felt a bit less sour if we got one shot of Future Trunk's new timeline and the happy people there rather than ending it on "and two small children, a pair of hard-working guards, and Android 8 and Yajirobi were all brutally murdered by Gygas!"

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

why does everyone forget Turtle

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Turtle died the way he lived- sitting around doing nothing.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Hot new spoilers

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Super Ningen Baseball Super Ningen Yamcha. Here to save the world.
That episode needs to reenact the plot of Space Jam for the first half. Come on Super.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Turtle died the way he lived- sitting around doing nothing.

While unbelievably stoned out of his shell.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Only Goku would think that a temperatmental child God who destroys universes on whim would be best matched with a literal duplicate of himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

TFRazorsaw posted:

In all seriousness

That world was hosed even if they stopped Zamasu without incident.

No Kais in any reality to create new life, and no Gods of Destruction to handle the other end.

It was kind of a mercy killing really.

I think the idea is to stop Zamasu before he kills all the Kaioshin?

Also I don't think he killed all of the Kais, just the Kaioshin. The point was just to get rid of the Gods of Destruction, the Kais aren't a threat to him. And King Kai seems to have kept his job even though he's dead, so maybe the dead Kaioshin can still create stuff?

...That timeline no longer has a Zen-chan, either. No idea what consequences that will have.

• Locked thread