Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

until you get a new mod.

:popeye:

his nibs fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Nov 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hi everyone, this is just a quick reminder that doxxing people and internet detective bullshit, including posting people's Facebook pages and making giant insane posts where you track down their internet presence, is extremely against the rules. I generally don't get involved with the SC forum, but yeah. Seriously. Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye on this place for a bit until you get a new mod.

I'm hoping the selection process criteria is "Accused of being a Derek Smart alt."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also, please PM me serious moderator suggestions. I do not follow this forum, but I'm the admin in charge of Games stuff, and I would very much appreciate having a list of decent candidates.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

FactsAreUseless posted:

until you get a new mod.

what the gently caress

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
!vote MoMA's House of Star Citizen Unobtrusive Sanity

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Milky Moor posted:

what the gently caress
Doxxing is extremely against the rules. Doing so as a moderator is wildly not okay.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

New mod has to make a new OP because the age of Derek has ended and I want whoever it is to be invested in this bad sub-forum in an agonising way.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

My posts have been mostly sane and fair and just therefore I am an excellent candidate, think about it commandos

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Ill do my best

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Sounds like Mr. Smart flew too close to the sun again. Now that Maxwell "Derek" Smart has gone the way of the Dodo, I'd like a new OP, too. Let's start fresh in this new post-smart world!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

New mod has to make a new OP because the age of Derek has ended and I want whoever it is to be invested in this bad sub-forum in an agonising way.

So, like a punishment? I mean, if that's the intent, I guess that Lazrin is the only option.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Kayak for thread mod!!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Tippis posted:

So, like a punishment? I mean, if that's the intent, I guess that Lazrin is the only option.

Getting Lazrin to do something like that would be like trying to get Derek to do his goon-de-yada. It's kind of telling it more or less came out the same time frame as Derek getting skewered too.

I'm just saying if we're going to enter a new age of fatso it's gonna be with whoever it is riding the bomb in first as mod.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
I vote for Melkor as new Mod who delivered pure substance and savage some posts ago by deconstruction of the anniversary sale/event/2011-state-of-the-art fps module shitshow

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Mr.PayDay posted:

I vote for Melkor as new Mod who delivered pure substance and savage some posts ago by deconstruction of the anniversary sale/event/2011-state-of-the-art fps module shitshow

he also has files :tinfoil:

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
Derek Smart's House of Star Citizen Obsessive Insanity > Now featuring 100% less Derek Smart

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Wrecked Angle posted:

Derek Smart's House of Star Citizen Obsessive Insanity > Now featuring 100% less Derek Smart

He built the house, now we squat in it.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Oh no, Derek exposed a malicious 35year old scammer pretending to be an underage Norwegian girl who was clumsily attempting to deceive the thread whilst screaming victim. God forbid.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
Free Derek

Free Tophat

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Lying on the internet is super hosed up.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
*edit: citizens are broken people and scammers deserve everything they get.

Abongination fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Nov 20, 2016

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord
That's him in the leper's colony.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
R/ds thread is gonna be pretty epic so that a decent farewell gift

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Abongination posted:

Oh no, Derek exposed a malicious 35year old scammer pretending to be an underage Norwegian girl who was clumsily attempting to deceive the thread whilst screaming victim. God forbid.

Sorry, but last time I checked, common decency didn't come with the caveat: "Shitheads are excluded, stone them!"

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Abongination posted:

Upvoted. :)

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Abongination posted:

Let's be real here, this moment has been a long time in the making and the "Ban Derek Smart" button had a bit of masking tape over it with "Give me a million orgasms" written on it in marker.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Free Derek

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug
Radical change is the only solution, Marching Powder for mod with no oversight.

Make Star Citizen thread's great again!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Also, please PM me serious moderator suggestions. I do not follow this forum, but I'm the admin in charge of Games stuff, and I would very much appreciate having a list of decent candidates.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

The Pi dude posted:

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
lol

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Abongination posted:

You know the thread didn't have to spend pages and pages "debating" some idiot who was pretty obviously not what they said they were and make it this giant thing. Like who gives a poo poo in the first place if a whale posts here is real or not.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The Pi dude posted:

New thread title pls

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

TheLightPurges posted:

They don't even have a gloating thread yet the slackers

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Daztek posted:

New thread title pls

Seconding this Derek... wait... awwwwwww

Berious posted:

They don't even have a gloating thread yet the slackers

I swear to Chris Roberts this better be the one time they unwind the spaceships from their buttholes and just laugh at how dumb and funny this ride has been, and avoid going into their usual spree of conspiracy theories and veiled threats.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

TheLightPurges posted:

Now Star Citizen can finally be a good game!

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Someone who hated the forum was casually browsing it at 7am Sunday morning and sprinted over to make a QCS thread about it. Very cool.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

loving lol. The SC thread collapsed before SC did

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Reminder that Fuzzy Modem still hasn't even been probated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

So Derek achieved the ELE, but in a different way than he expected.

• Locked thread