Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Beer, PGabz :argh:, Beet, Melkor, AP, all good decision for mod IMO

E: gonna reuse for tax :laugh:

E2: then again I also have no problem with Derek, allthough I found the whole Deloria thing pretty tedious

tuo fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Nov 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

No way, he's also implicated in the doxxing scandal, not to mention being an accessory and associate of that ex-mod of ours

We need someone untouched by all this. There's some idiot whining in QCS about becoming our mod, how about him?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

It doesn't matter who it is, doxxing is against the rules on SA.

Which part of it was doxxing?
Dolores said she isn't that guy, didn't she?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

tuo posted:

Maybe link me some profiles or give full names or something, because I do not know any of the SC forum regulars.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

orcinus posted:

Which part of it was doxxing?
Dolores said she isn't that guy, didn't she?
It was a giant post with Facebook profile links and so forth, which is, again, against the rules. Very much so.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

tuo posted:

I'd be a horrible mod. I would promise to make a lot of unfair rulings. Like probating Moma, just because.

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

At my signal, DEAL WITH IT.
Taco Defender

FactsAreUseless posted:

Maybe link me some profiles or give full names or something, because I do not know any of the SC forum regulars.

Beer4TheBeerGod: http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=62024
Peter Gabriel: http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=181666
Beet Wagon: http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=216339
AP: http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=58749

e: poo poo, forgot MeLKoR: http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=71687

All fine candidates.

shalcar fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 20, 2016

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Beer4theBeerGod, Peter Gabriel, Beet Wagon, Melkor, AP

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

MilesK posted:

i vote Ben Lesnik for new forum mod.

We should probably have a mod who's life expectancy can't be measured using an egg timer.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Honestly, most of the regulars here would make bad mods. Pgabz would be alright, but they don't seem that active and probably wouldn't want to do it. Beer is probably the only other one that follows along but doesn't engage the drama too much. I would probably fall in the same boat too, but I know better than to want to mod this nightmare.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

KM Scorchio posted:

We should probably have a mod who's life expectancy can't be measured using an egg timer.

that seriously made me lol

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Hobolando for mod!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Don't probate Moma, please.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

KM Scorchio posted:

What if we get a really low-quality egg timer? One that looks fancy? That would be entirely thematically appropriate and also let us have Ben around for what short while he lasts.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I mean, its probably not a whole bunch of poo poo you have to do. Ignore a whole host of probably salty reports and counter-reports or whatever, ban obvious seraph alts, do not doxx people

Sad to see Derek go, but actually, I'm not. I like him, but this is funny :allears:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
#IStandWithSmart

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hi everyone, this is just a quick reminder that doxxing people and internet detective bullshit, including posting people's Facebook pages and making giant insane posts where you track down their internet presence, is extremely against the rules. I generally don't get involved with the SC forum, but yeah. Seriously. Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye on this place for a bit until you get a new mod.

Thank you FAU for finally recognizing what an anti-Star Citizen echochamber this place is. Perhaps now this subforum can finally start to move towards a more neutral ground where the game can be discussed in a more objective light. Derek Smart never intended to give Chris or his project a chance and as such he should not have been the mod. How can constructive discussion take place when the entire thread zeitgeist is against the very idea of Star Citizen?

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

At my signal, DEAL WITH IT.
Taco Defender

Tokamak posted:

Honestly, most of the regulars here would make bad mods. Pgabz would be alright, but they don't seem that active and probably wouldn't want to do it. Beer is probably the only other one that follows along but doesn't engage the drama too much. I would probably fall in the same boat too, but I know better than to want to mod this nightmare.

Beer4TheBeerGod would be my first pick, yeah.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

kikkelivelho posted:

Thank you FAU for finally recognizing what an anti-Star Citizen echochamber this place is. Perhaps now this subforum can finally start to move towards a more neutral ground where the game can be discussed in a more objective light. Derek Smart never intended to give Chris or his project a chance and as such he should not have been the mod. How can constructive discussion take place when the entire thread zeitgeist is against the very idea of Star Citizen?

Make this guy mod plz.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

kikkelivelho posted:

Star Citizen = poo poo and never getting finished
Chris Roberts = Conman
Ben = Fat

Have I missed anything?

Oh yeah..

PARP!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Wuxi posted:

I mean, its probably not a whole bunch of poo poo you have to do. Ignore a whole host of probably salty reports and counter-reports or whatever, ban obvious seraph alts, do not doxx people

Sad to see Derek go, but actually, I'm not. I like him, but this is funny :allears:

It is not policing the thread which would be a problem. Just the occasional problem user, and obsessives over on /r/dereksmart who think that SA mods are the illuminate.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Maui Thai guy would make an excellent mod imho

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

#IStandWithSmart

to the Frontier forums!

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Tokamak posted:

It is not policing the thread which would be a problem. Just the occasional problem user, and obsessives over on /r/dereksmart who think that SA mods are the illuminate.

But then again, who the gently caress actually reads reddit in general and /r/dereksmart in particular?

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
I vote this guy.

Look! A Horse!
Feb 10, 2010
oh good can we finally talk about how utterly awful Derek's new game looks?

B4B for mod with MELKOR as 1st alternate

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Nah, that guy is a twat.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

I'm a 15 year old Spanish girl actually

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

Nah, that guy is a twat.

This is true.
I know him.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

gently caress that loser

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Dollaria for mod!
Vengeance!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Y'all are hosed now.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Wrecked Angle posted:

Star Citizen = poo poo and never getting finished
Chris Roberts = Conman
Ben = Fat

Have I missed anything?

Oh yeah..

PARP!

!raffle

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Y'all are hosed now.

What kinda hosed? There are good, bad and worst kinds

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Y'all are hosed now.

But are we jewed?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Tippis posted:

Nah, that guy is a twat.

:boom:

:love:

You're not wrong :D

(I'm guessing that link just brings up whoever clicks it)

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

they'd be a terrible mod

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
It's true, all of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Any of these fine gentlemen would do.