Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

it's the sabbath, friend, and this is the church of star citizen obsessive insanity, and the pope was just banned
The Sabbath is loving Saturday.

You know, the last day of the week... the day God rested?

What I'm saying is humanity is dumb, and almost as bad as Star Citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

I thought it was a mistake at first, but I was wrong. It happens.

What's with these probations out of nowhere? Are we going to have people wondering in from PI or EN and distributing justice?

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Derek is kinda dumb isn't he?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

thatguy posted:

Proceeds to post the address, name, email, and phone number of someone.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Let him loving finish!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

FactsAreUseless posted:

Alright, peter gabriel can be the mod of cats. If any cats start posting here, he can mod them.

:eyepop:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Propagandist posted:

Who hosed up the thread title

There that's better.

Also let us remember in these trying times:
1. Call your 'rents
2. Eat the 'zza
3. Poste the cattes/dogges/bunnes
4. stay ok commandos

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013

DapperDon posted:

I predict Lowtax reverses this and restores Derek back to his former glory.

Did you mention it in your July blog?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

MeLKoR posted:

What's with these probations out of nowhere? Are we going to have people wondering in from PI or EN and distributing justice?
I don't think two six-hour probations for white-noise posts are indicative of a major problem.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

FactsAreUseless, how does it feel to be the most hated moderator on SOMETHINGAWFUL DOT COM? Can you talk us through a day in your life as the holder of this prestigious title?

It's a position I'd like to aspire to, but I just don't know if I have the chops for it.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

There's the truth

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't think two six-hour probations for white-noise posts are indicative of a major problem.

Maybe not, but what worries me is the timing. I assumed that up to this point only Derek had power to put people on probation in here, why change this?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

DogonCrook posted:

Marching powder was the way to go. This thread is going to turn into byob cooking time with cats.

But it's funnier to see his meltdowns over it

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

MeLKoR posted:

Maybe not, but what worries me is the timing. I assumed that up to this point only Derek had power to put people on probation in here, why change this?

I dont think FAU really like this thread. Therefore he makes people mods of this thread that hate it too ie Gom or whatever his name is.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

MeLKoR posted:

Because this forum needs moderators. So it has two full mods, Beer4TheBeerGod and Beet Wagon, and one IK, no they will not (g0m). I made g0m an IK because he's IKed some other forums here and there and been really helpful, and Beer and Beet are both new to modding.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Kakarot posted:

yay its Ben!

Has Ben put on weight? His little Alligator arms don't seem like they'd be able to reach across his belly to clasp his hands in this picture.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

What the gently caress is a gom?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Wuxi posted:

His new name is "no they will not". Probably got it n the name change thread.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

Because this forum needs moderators. So it has two full mods, Beer4TheBeerGod and Beet Wagon, and one IK, no they will not (g0m). I made g0m an IK because he's IKed some other forums here and there and been really helpful, and Beer and Beet are both new to modding.

I'm not sure if you noticed that the post history of the person doing these probations for "white noise" consists of 50 posts with a single word.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

The fourth stimpire is an integral part of SC lore.

And this thread is 6300+ pages. You're going to start probing white noise now? Someone warn Eonwe.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Don't worry all, we will always have INN

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Wuxi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU_XmPFh1Ro

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Currently? Nothing. This "game" is never coming out in a coherent form. What you can see of Star Citizen is all anyone is likely to get, except for maybe more ships.

A year ago (or whenever it was that I came here)? Very little. I still liked the idea, even if I was becoming more disillusioned by the second. I bought in to the kickstarter campaign because of the idea of a new high quality wing-commander type game and the DREAM(TM) of going exploring but actually being able to walk around on poo poo. But by the time I came here I was already p mad at the way things were going.

At this point, for me it wouldn't even matter anymore if they finally did squat out a half decent game. I wouldn't trust CIG as far as I could throw 'em, and the community is one that I have no interest in being even remotely associated with. Anyone that takes a look at the SC community, then compares it with the ED community, should be able to see a huge difference. And I only recently started with ED (with some trepidation, after having been an SC backer).

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Extremely disappointed I slept through the revolution and didn't wake up king.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

MeLKoR posted:

Its a coup by grey market traders.

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013
This thread is seemingly becoming an analogue for Trump's Nu Murica...

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

MeLKoR posted:

I'm not sure if you noticed that the post history of the person doing these probations for "white noise" consists of 50 posts with a single word.

Maybe he'll probe himself.

He wont.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

MeLKoR posted:

oh word?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Our new mod is a garbage can?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Listen sir we didn't get where we are today by stopping people from white noise posting. Quarter of a million post long threads don't grow on trees ya know and if we stopped to think whether we should probate people every time they post the word "Paaaaaarrrrrppppp" across 17 consecutive replies then we'd be wasting precious time that could be spent posting.

Oh my god this thread is over 250,000 posts long

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Wuxi posted:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ripptide posted:

At this point, for me it wouldn't even matter anymore if they finally did squat out a half decent game. I wouldn't trust CIG as far as I could throw 'em, and the community is one that I have no interest in being even remotely associated with. Anyone that takes a look at the SC community, then compares it with the ED community, should be able to see a huge difference. And I only recently started with ED (with some trepidation, after having been an SC backer).

Anybody who buys into SC now literally deserves to have CIG siphon all their money off of them through dumb microtransactions and the inevitable game subscription they're going to implement. I have zero sympathy for these people any more. It's never been easier to get a refund and if you're not doing that then you're lightspeed stupid.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

MeLKoR posted:

I think you're failing to grasp just how desperately a thread that has run (more or less) smoothly for months needs bullshit interference.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

no they will not is a very good poster.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

KM Scorchio posted:

no they will not is a very good poster.

50 posts containing only tane would beg to differ.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
This thread is an important part of my life and I cherish it as I would a newborn baby pug. I am very happy to see that mr g0m is giving out probations in here. Please keep up the good work.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I hope Lowtax does something awful when Derek tweets him about all this.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

!raffle

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
oh awesome the guy who treats this thread like his facebook wall that even his grandmother unfollowed is mod now and derek is gone

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Can I be Idiot King after him? I had a couple pages where I just posted "Space Court" in one of the old threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

FactsAreUseless posted:

This thread is over 6000 pages. Why probate on what is basically the corner stone of the hilarity of Star Citizen? White noise is a piss poor excuse but I guess it's great to have you back to ruin the thread and try to get it closed again.

• Locked thread