Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

A real strong statement. :rolleyes:

Especially since you didn't vote for it at the time.

Seems more like you were floating the Moat idea and seeing if anyone would go for it before you voted for it yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

K, I'm going to take a break for a bit. I don't really want to deal with having everything I say get stretched into a "Max is obv scum" argument. I suddenly understand why chores doesn't like to post much.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

The case being put forward right now is that two people are scum? Because...? They argued?

I really don't have time to argue against a case literally pulled out of thin air and am fine with where my vote is.

I won't even change it if it means I get cuddled instead of someone else, so if you're voting for me you may as well keep doing it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ernie, do you believe that all 5 of the people who voted for you on D1 are town?

Why do you not seem interested in untangling that knot?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Because I have no interest in pretending like I could do it.

Just like I have no interest in pretending I can figure out if there are scum voting for me right now.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

What do you want me to say "x is scum because they voted for me. Y wasn't even though they did the same drat thing"?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Figuring out who is scum is the whole point of the game. Surely, if you're town, you think that one of the 5 who voted you has to be scum. Hell, there's only 4 of them left alive now, so it's an easier choice.

You must have some thoughts about who made an insincere vote on you, right?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Max posted:

Because this is a poo poo argument.

It's a dishonest argument. It's one the TMM from 48 hours ago would have had no problems pointing out as silly, but is being willfully obtuse now.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

TMMadman posted:

Figuring out who is scum is the whole point of the game. Surely, if you're town, you think that one of the 5 who voted you has to be scum. Hell, there's only 4 of them left alive now, so it's an easier choice.

You must have some thoughts about who made an insincere vote on you, right?

Like this post the only reason it exists is so that TMM sounds like he's engaging in conversation. The motivation of the post isn't to argue or scum hunt or anything. It's just TMM wanting to appear like they have a townie mindset.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

There's greater depth to posting and reasoning, ern

You're the only one that has the benefit of your confirmed alignment to discern motive

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'd really like to hear from Tired.

And I'd like Asiina post something that isn't an excuse for not posting.

Also, has stickup said anything today?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

chances asii's scum replacing out?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
If so she must really not get along with her scumbros

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And just FYI, I'd vote Ernie before I voted Moat today.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

TMMadman posted:

And just FYI, I'd vote Ernie before I voted Moat today.

Aw youre a dear

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm tempted to move my vote to Ernie now, but I'd really prefer to lynch Max first.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Moatillata posted:

I would vote ernie over max

Ernies defense of himself did nothing to change this opinion

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Moatillata posted:

If so she must really not get along with her scumbros

I think she just doesn't like to play scum. IIRC it's happened before.

##unvote

##vote asii unless I'm mistaken

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Hmm

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
I feel that.

##unvote ##vote asiina

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why are you voting Asiina when we have two good targets in Max/Ernie?

Both of them have said enough that flipping them would give us a much better idea of the alignments of other people. On the other hand, while Asiina may be scum, flipping her doesn't give us anything to use tomorrow. And if she does end up flipping town, then we're even more screwed.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

TMMadman posted:

Why are you voting Asiina when we have two good targets in Max/Ernie?

Both of them have said enough that flipping them would give us a much better idea of the alignments of other people. On the other hand, while Asiina may be scum, flipping her doesn't give us anything to use tomorrow. And if she does end up flipping town, then we're even more screwed.

Bc she's a super easy push hmmm

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

Yeah, it's really weird.

Hell, you're a better lynch target than Asiina at this point.

And this is coming from someone who does advocate for lynching lurkers.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Moatillata posted:

:agreed:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

I'd switch to Ernie. later tonight if necessary, but Asiina feels like scum in my bones and I have to listen to Jonathan Fisk since he listened to me when I pushed a town mislynch.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

got some chores tonight posted:

I'd switch to Ernie. later tonight if necessary, but Asiina feels like scum in my bones and I have to listen to Jonathan Fisk since he listened to me when I pushed a town mislynch.

But again, we don't get any real useful information even if Asiina is scum. At this point, flipping either Max or Ernie should give us a better idea of the other persons alignment.

I mean I'm all for lynching lurkers most of the time, but this doesn't seem like a good spot to do it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ernie.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This just feels like people deliberately ignoring the biggest thing in the game right now to push a lurker instead.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Chores fisk axis.....of evil??

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

TMMadman posted:

But again, we don't get any real useful information even if Asiina is scum. At this point, flipping either Max or Ernie should give us a better idea of the other persons alignment.

I mean I'm all for lynching lurkers most of the time, but this doesn't seem like a good spot to do it.

If Ernie. flips town, is Max townier or scummier?
If Ernie. flips scum, is Max townier or scummier?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i'm voting for my strongest scum read tyvm

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

but... information! is a trash argument for when you can't makea case btw

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jonathan Fisk posted:

but... information! is a trash argument for when you can't makea case btw

I have made a case against Max.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TMMadman posted:

excuse me, a good and/or compelling case

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Most of your case rests on the idea that Ernie and I are scum together, which you don't know because neither of us has flipped.

I'm quite aware of the fact that you are pushing a narrative where only Ernie or myself are the logical choices today and I think it's pretty horseshit, especially because I think I'm in a position where I literally cannot convince you otherwise and I'm still leaning town on you, so it's super frustrating.

TBH while I don't want to be lunched tonight, I think Asiina should just replace out rather than be the lunch target and I'm not super happy with the push on her.

TMM, feel free to decide that Asiina must be my other scum buddy because of that statement.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jonathan Fisk posted:

excuse me, a good and/or compelling case

Nobody else is making any sort of case.

Hell, you're case on Asiina is entirely:

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I think she just doesn't like to play scum. IIRC it's happened before.

##unvote

##vote asii unless I'm mistaken

On the other hand, I think Max is being disingenuous in his posting. He isn't actually trying to make cases and instead he's just jumping on to other peoples arguments. I've shown examples of these actions.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I didn't case asiina, and probably couldn't if i tried

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

nevertheless, I believe there is a high likelihood of her being scum

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Most of your case rests on the idea that Ernie and I are scum together, which you don't know because neither of us has flipped.

I'm quite aware of the fact that you are pushing a narrative where only Ernie or myself are the logical choices today and I think it's pretty horseshit, especially because I think I'm in a position where I literally cannot convince you otherwise and I'm still leaning town on you, so it's super frustrating.

TBH while I don't want to be lunched tonight, I think Asiina should just replace out rather than be the lunch target and I'm not super happy with the push on her.

TMM, feel free to decide that Asiina must be my other scum buddy because of that statement.

This is bullshit. Most of my case doesn't rest on the idea that you are Ernie are scum together.

Most of it is based on the way you've been posting. You've been posting a lot, but you aren't actually making cases. You're just agreeing with people and using them as cover, particularly me.

Just because I believe that you are scum with Ernie, don't try to paint it as that's the entirety of my case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

This is bullshit. Most of my case doesn't rest on the idea that you are Ernie are scum together.

Most of it is based on the way you've been posting. You've been posting a lot, but you aren't actually making cases. You're just agreeing with people and using them as cover, particularly me.

Just because I believe that you are scum with Ernie, don't try to paint it as that's the entirety of my case.

OK.

• Locked thread