Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

But in all seriousness this should probably be like, a claimless game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
P lame

I would claim first but I am saving it maximum effect

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I am the kill man.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
im maf

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
WHOA

Everyone please

Slow the gently caress down I am trying to write these down

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

hosed up if true

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Quidthulhu posted:

But in all seriousness this should probably be like, a claimless game.

##vote quid

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
going to sleep plz dont turbo while im asleep kthx

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

SirSamVimes posted:

##vote quid

##VOTE QUID

I think this should be a completely claim-filled game. But maybe that's because I'm always town.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I mean I guess we can break the mods game which he spent a bunch of time putting together and filling slots for in the first three hours.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Our goal is to hunt scum and you seem to be against a very effective means of scumhunting. I honestly don't think it'll break the game though.

Consider this. The game has 17 players. There are 7 anti-town players (consolidating the scum and 3p). If a mass claim occurs, that means only three players will get confirmed town status.

I still really don't like the fact that you're just using being nice to the mod as an excuse to avoid a strategy that "breaks the game" though.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

There is absolutely no way you believe any of what you just said.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Why not

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You get 3 confirmed guaranteed and then the rest of the scum team and 3ps have to consciously not choose the same roles

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i rather not because im a slut who likes night-action games

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Jonathan Fisk posted:

You get 3 confirmed guaranteed and then the rest of the scum team and 3ps have to consciously not choose the same roles

I'm not saying it isn't a strong tactic, I still want to do it. I'm just saying it probably doesn't break the game.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Quidthulhu posted:

I mean I guess we can break the mods game which he spent a bunch of time putting together and filling slots for in the first three hours.

mad cause gonna get owned ##vote quid

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
hallo, what is LLO

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tired Moritz posted:

hallo, what is LLO

Limited lights out. If the Marshall reveals there can be up to three lynches, but there will be no flips until the end of the day.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

SirSamVimes posted:

Our goal is to hunt scum and you seem to be against a very effective means of scumhunting. I honestly don't think it'll break the game though.

Consider this. The game has 17 players. There are 7 anti-town players (consolidating the scum and 3p). If a mass claim occurs, that means only three players will get confirmed town status.

I still really don't like the fact that you're just using being nice to the mod as an excuse to avoid a strategy that "breaks the game" though.

yeah, if you try reaaaally hard and we'll all be fooled and think that you're town

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
nah the game is to have fun and its not very fun to play lynch the counterclaim simulator

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

its going to come down to claims eventually

might as well do it now

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
agreed, like I didn't even want to play mafia in the first l
place

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Lets start this game properly.

Im town

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tired Moritz posted:

Lets start this game properly.

Im town
i believe you

##vote tired moretits

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm pretty sure that means we've been on the same team in literally every game we've played together tm

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
wait were you in shine 3?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
my favorite superhero is colin mochrie

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

man, reducing the pool of lynchable candidates from 17 to 14 sure makes the game no longer mafia. the integrity of the game would be completely ruined

I'm the Citizen btw.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am the 2-shot veteran, and now there is no point for me to play the game because I will never be visited.

##vote Quid

Thanks for the fun, assholes!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

In what way is there no point for you to play the game?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Tbh that feels kinda fake. Even if your power was completely negated, you can still play mafia and at this point there's enough resistance to the mass claim idea that there wasn't that much pressure for you to claim if you're so against it. Leaving my vote where it is.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm saying that your strategy is against the spirit of Mafia, a real dick move to the mod, and that makes for an unfun game, which you have also doubly ruined because nobody is going to visit me at night now. There is no point for me to play.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Uh, you're actually the most important player in the game

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

An unkillable confirmed town, boring

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

this is a stickup posted:

wait were you in shine 3?

no, there was like 5000 players in that and I wanted to stay loyal to board games maf.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Quidthulhu posted:

I am the 2-shot veteran, and now there is no point for me to play the game because I will never be visited.

##vote Quid

Thanks for the fun, assholes!

the only person who outed their role is Sir. So why?? did you do this??

you are either: 1. scum that's trying to guilt-trip people so you won't ever get voted, 2. third party that wants scum and town to back the gently caress off and never visit you, 3. town that realized that they don't have time to play.

also you brought up the idea of everyone claiming in the first place, nerd!!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Quidthulhu posted:

I'm saying that your strategy is against the spirit of Mafia, a real dick move to the mod, and that makes for an unfun game, which you have also doubly ruined because nobody is going to visit me at night now. There is no point for me to play.

I think you're vastly overestimating the level to which this breaks the game.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

SirSamVimes posted:

I think you're vastly overestimating the level to which this breaks the game.

this is true, but you're underestimating it as well. I want to catch scum by by playing the game, not gaming the game. that's because it will be more fun, not because it's game breaking mechanically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Hey guys in still waiting to claim you all suck

• Locked thread