Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
that said, ##unvote I think TMM is honest here and slasher is either lying/being an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
He's either lying or just being sarcastic.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

that said, ##unvote I think TMM is honest here and slasher is either lying/being an idiot

You weren't even voting him.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh my n0 vote didn't carry over I guess

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Do you receive notification of who sent you the gold?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Do you receive notification of who sent you the gold?

No. Why do you think I said it's possible that Tobbs could be scum?

If the PM had explicitly said Tobbs sent me Gil then I'd have no reason to add that part.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
But as I said, it came within 5 minutes of CPig stating the story reward in the thread.

So if Tobbs is scum, then he either got Gil from a scum buddy after presumably sending me the 300 Gil. Or he had a scum buddy who was active in the scum doc to sent me 50 Gil as a cover.

Either way it still seems like a stretch because they couldn't know if I would admit to getting the Gil in the first place.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
The extra 50 Gil is a nice touch and it makes me really believe this.

Slasher why are you taking credit for receiving the Gil?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

TMMadman posted:

And then within 5 minutes of CPig stating the story reward, I received another 50 Gil. So I think it's likely that Tobbs actually is town. It's possible that he's scum and had a scum buddy send me the 50 extra Gil, but that seems like a stretch.

First of all, they couldn't know if I'd admit that I got the Gil. Nor could they know if I'd argue for Tobbs to be saved. So it seems like an awfully expensive way to attempt to save a scum buddy. Plus it's not like I'm exactly known for being persuasive enough to stop a vote.

I kept quiet for a while because I wanted to see how people would respond to Tobbs. Plus I feel like admitting I got the Gil would put a target on my back. But at this point, I don't really care about it.

I'm not going to vote for him as I think he's likely to be town.

That's a very reasonable assumption if true. I've been working on an utterly insane 27 player setup for the last few hours and I'm completely brain dead right now. really kind of depressed that I made it because I'd love to play it, but just want to say that I think you might be on to some thing here but there is no reason to suspect KB. def leaning town based on his questioning.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Moatillata posted:

The extra 50 Gil is a nice touch and it makes me really believe this.

Slasher why are you taking credit for receiving the Gil?

I was waiting for Tobbs to say he didn't send me any
leading to

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

EVEN IF YOU HAD I WOULB STILL ##VOTE TOBBS HAHAHA

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
oh whoops I had the thread open and didn't preview

Kashuno posted:

my vote is pretty cool and good, just sayin.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kinda want to send 1g to everyone just so CPig has to send 16 Pms :nyoron:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
actually, this may be thinkign way to hard about setups, nto sleeping, and tequila talking, but while I actually agree with tmm, I think we unfortunately need to flip tobbs to just due to the potential of that being a huge slip

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Has Tobbs claimed a power? Or just that he spears things?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

He spears things with his mantis-like appendages :v:

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Infinitum posted:

He spears things with his mantis-like appendages :v:

SAME but your mom

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

this is a stickup posted:

actually, this may be thinkign way to hard about setups, nto sleeping, and tequila talking, but while I actually agree with tmm, I think we unfortunately need to flip tobbs to just due to the potential of that being a huge slip

bullshit.

##vote stickup

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
care to expand

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
"I agree with TMM but let's flip the guy anyway just in case"

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Since TMM outed himself, yeah, I gave him 350 Gil. I had a strong meta read that he was town (I lied about using an RNG).

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Kashuno posted:

yeah I think tmm made some good points that make me hesitate. however I think inf is probably right, as I have stated more than once in this thread, and I think it's worth testing despite tmm's post

its 430 am and I've spent like 5 hours working on this ridiculous setup and finished off half a bottle of tequila in the process

so no, none of my post was bullshit

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Since TMM outed himself, yeah, I gave him 350 Gil. I had a strong meta read that he was town (I lied about using an RNG).

If you want your Gil back, just say the word. As soon as I got it, I decided that I was just holding it for you.

And I should say that if I hadn't gotten the 50 Gil almost immediately after CPig posted the story reward, I probably wouldn't have come forward. If it had come an hour after the post, I might be thinking it took a while for a scum buddy to check the scum doc.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Kashuno posted:

also im not even voting tobbs becuase I want to have actual discussion about both tobbs and other players, i posted an opinion not an attempt to turbo. why are you so defensive

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

also im not even voting tobbs becuase I want to have actual discussion about both tobbs and other players, i posted an opinion not an attempt to turbo. why are you so defensive

I don't think defensive means what you think it means???

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
tbh i think im too far into the alcohol to make any sense so I'm jsut gonna go pass out now and try and i'll have this conversation with you tomorrow

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

If you want your Gil back, just say the word. As soon as I got it, I decided that I was just holding it for you.

And I should say that if I hadn't gotten the 50 Gil almost immediately after CPig posted the story reward, I probably wouldn't have come forward. If it had come an hour after the post, I might be thinking it took a while for a scum buddy to check the scum doc.

Keep it (or spread it out at your discretion to make yourself a less juicy target). If I survive I'll play vanilla.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I'm not a baller like ka$$$$huno send some to me I demand it so

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

TMMadman posted:

I'm going to kill you and loot your corpse.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

yeah I think tmm made some good points that make me hesitate. however I think inf is probably right, as I have stated more than once in this thread, and I think it's worth testing despite tmm's post

I don't like this attittude (you want to test a theory, and flip tobbs "as a test", not scum hunt). Maybe it's just wording, but that's important.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I'm going to kill you and loot your corpse.

I don't know what this is. Well, ok, it's a threat/promise. I just don't know why it is.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mithross posted:

I don't like this attittude (you want to test a theory, and flip tobbs "as a test", not scum hunt). Maybe it's just wording, but that's important.

I don't know what this is. Well, ok, it's a threat/promise. I just don't know why it is.

Smart reads here imo

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

im actually not plamning on voting yobbs so w/e

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

it woulv be hilarious if this is the srcond ff gMw wher inf dumbly stumbles into outing sxum

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I'm not going to rely on an Inf flavour case n0 as proof of Tobbs being scum. Having analysed every game it reminds me of Jojo 1 where town stupidly convinced themselves Jojo was scum. There's at least an equal chance that Tobbs is a moron and thinks that batman looks like a bug.

I do think Inf is town though, I don't think scum makes that case and sticks to it so much on n0 and he has a history of being spectacularly right for the wrong reasons as town.

TMM had reason to question Infinitum's case because I sent him my Gil.

I know I'm town and scum know I'm town, but to everyone else Slasher must look odd here. He's either:

A. Defending a scumbro if you think I'm scum or
B: Making a point of not voting me so he can get town cred if you think I'm town

It's a bit suspicious.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

"Look at me I'm TMM I'm going to make things COMPLICATED"

THANKS A LOT TMM.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Yeah that gets me off the case for day 1 though, TMM is probably not wrong (I'll NEVER say he's right it only encourages him)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
For example the "at least an equal chance I'm town part" looks bad. If there's a 50% chance I'm scum, lynch me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Slasher is white noise at best.

poo poo stirring at worst.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Slasher is white noise at best.

poo poo stirring at worst.

This seems to imply you think they're town, at least to me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Awww, I really wanted to see what was up with the Amano artwork mystery but that 350 Gil does sound legit.

I'm heading to work now so if another event pops up while I'm stuck in some bullshit meeting, please keep in mind this one last thing I personally remember about FF2:

In the early game, if you wander slightly the wrong way on the overworld map, you will run into much later monsters that will gently caress your poo poo up. The world is a scary and threatening place so do not stray from the plot.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

TMM had reason to question Infinitum's case because I sent him my Gil.

I know I'm town and scum know I'm town, but to everyone else Slasher must look odd here. He's either:

A. Defending a scumbro if you think I'm scum or
B: Making a point of not voting me so he can get town cred if you think I'm town

It's a bit suspicious.

Yeah, I can see this.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

##vote tMM KILL THE RICH TAKE THER Stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I tried to catch up on the posts from this morning but frankly it's been such a stressful day at work I can't even focus on them, as much as I want to. I'll check in again later tonight. Sorry, not trying to disappear :(

• Locked thread