Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
How long does it take for Wimpod to respawn?
Because I accidentally killed the first one I saw on Route 8, and no more are showing up. :suicide:

Ethiser posted:

Do Drampa not live in this ice cave? Serebii says it does but looking for it says otherwise.

A shiny Golbat just showed up before a Drampa has.
If you find a female one, could you breed me an egg or two? I can give you a cyndaquil and a popplio, if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
ITS YA BOY GUZMA

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Classtoise posted:

Man Salandit is...not very good.

It got loving stomped by a 2 level lower Masquerain. I think that's grounds to box the poo poo out of this thing.

Yeah I like the design but it's way too fragile and I haven't been finding it strong enough. Like in a one off fight, maybe sure, but for getting around it just gets worn down too fast.

Also the humor's been loving on point so far (I just got to the third island). Team Skull's been great every showing (I got self esteem issues + you forgot us just cause we switched places?), the dramatic slowpoke, the fire trial...

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I was totally chill about not being able to have a Totodile in my party until January until I found out you can catch Totodile via Island Scan and holy poo poo I need one right now, gently caress you video game for making my first Island Scan a Spheal instead of Totodile.

Does anybody have a Totodile they can trade? I have nothing of value to offer beyond my undying admiration.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

corn in the bible posted:

ITS YA BOY GUZMA

I beat the fire trial (fantastic) and have yet to meet my boy WHEN DO I MEET MY BOY

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

What the poo poo, Hau hosed me up on when you arrive at the third island. I was not prepared for Alolan Raichu outspeeding everything and Psychic being so goddamn powerful.

oh thank god it wasn't just me, I felt so bad getting my rear end kicked by Hau

Blaziken386 posted:

Just exit / re-enter the area a couple of times, it should show back up

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

-Fish- posted:

I was totally chill about not being able to have a Totodile in my party until January until I found out you can catch Totodile via Island Scan and holy poo poo I need one right now, gently caress you video game for making my first Island Scan a Spheal instead of Totodile.

Does anybody have a Totodile they can trade? I have nothing of value to offer beyond my undying admiration.

Literally just caught one, I can hatch one for you if you want?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Blaziken386 posted:

Because I accidentally killed the first one I saw on Route 8, and no more are showing up.

I think you just need to do an area transition.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

someone awful. posted:

Literally just caught one, I can hatch one for you if you want?

You would be my greatest friend. I'm 3840 8522 8202

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

when do you see the other ape pokemon. I caught the moon one but I can't trade for the sun one cause I haven't seen it yet.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Mazerunner posted:

when do you see the other ape pokemon. I caught the moon one but I can't trade for the sun one cause I haven't seen it yet.

Just go to the bottom of the letter list and hit the one that lets you input a name.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

You can type it in at the bottom, that's how I got a Feebas for the sidequest after giving up trying to catch them with their stupidly rare encounter rate

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hello friends i am back from my amazing pokemon adventure

i have beat Moon and I loved pretty much every minute of it!!

the story was amazing, i actually really liked ALL of the characters. the only thing i would change would be to give the player character more than one vacant stare facial expression. :downs:

my team ended up as follows:

but it was really the first 5 that carried me throughout the whole game. the 6th slot was more of a rotating leveling spot, and I didn't use Lunala too much since you get her so late. my main guys were always 5-10 levels higher than stuff i would catch and i never got anyone caught up to them.

if i played through again (probably won't, but who knows) I'd have picked Primarina over Decidueye. Mudsdale is a fuckin beast and probably the most surprising in how good he was. Vikavolt and Espeon did a lot of fuckin work too, especially against all the dark and poison type villain teams. Talonflame did what he could but his attacks ended up being a bit weak at the end.

now to take a break for a bit before diving back in and seeing what the actual end game stuff ends up being.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

-Fish- posted:

You would be my greatest friend. I'm 3840 8522 8202

I'm 3110 6100 5895 but it's telling me your friend code isn't working? :negative: Hatching the egg right now though!

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

someone awful. posted:

I'm 3110 6100 5895 but it's telling me your friend code isn't working? :negative: Hatching the egg right now though!

Should've been 3840 8522 8208 my bad

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Woot, finally got a Synchronize Adamant Abra after 12 hours of grinding.

Ugh, I didn't knew in the ending you can just flee from forced story encounter with the Electric Tapu instead of catching it, or I would had just rerolled the nature at my leisure.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Flagrama posted:

Everything since Gen 3 is still existent in code within the games. It's just that there is no known way to get certain items in Gen 7 right now. Particularly certain Mega Stones. As usual, mystery gift events and more games in the generation will add more to the pool of obtainable objects. It's more a matter of when than if.

Ok thanks. The way Smogon was talking I was under the impression it was removed from the game completely.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Inflammatory posted:

I think you just need to do an area transition.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Just exit / re-enter the area a couple of times, it should show back up
Left and came back like 5 times, no dice. :v:
e: Well, whatever. Drampa trade on the GTS came through, so I guess I'll pass on Golisopod this time around. Was kinda on the fence about using it in the main game, anyways. It's ability seems like a hindrance more than a help, especially with low speed.

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Nov 22, 2016

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

-Fish- posted:

Should've been 3840 8522 8208 my bad

Aight, I got you. Keep an eye out for some dork named Radd sending a link request.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

someone awful. posted:

Aight, I got you. Keep an eye out for some dork named Radd sending a link request.

Just got 'im! Thank you so much, Feraligatr is my favorite Pokemon.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Hammerite posted:

I'm curious as to whether we can collect Chinese language pokedex entries now...

I got one, so yes.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

-Fish- posted:

Just got 'im! Thank you so much, Feraligatr is my favorite Pokemon.

Glad to help! :shobon:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Mazerunner posted:

Semi-related, but you can use QR codes to get a 'seen' entry for any mon. Mostly helpful for catching one yourself, not so much for exclusive dudes.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Beat the game

Time to get cracking on a battle spot team I guess. Gotta inject some Garchomp into my veins after this long Garchomp-free spell

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Classtoise posted:

Man Salandit is...not very good.

It got loving stomped by a 2 level lower Masquerain. I think that's grounds to box the poo poo out of this thing.

It's because Masquerain owns and it got a boost to speed and sp attk this gen. Its the best moth. I love my masquerain friend.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
So my battery/subway car cocoon bug doesn't get to evolve until nearly the end of the game? Seriously?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

So my battery/subway car cocoon bug doesn't get to evolve until nearly the end of the game? Seriously?

it's true. mine was level 50 by the time i got there.

but that little bug bus carried my rear end through a hell of a lot of poo poo. he's a good bug. bus. bugbus.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

How, exactly, do pokeballs get passed down?
Because I like having all my pokemon in Pokeballs, and this Drampa I'm breeding was caught in an ultra ball. The dad (salandit) was caught in a pokeball, but all of the eggs are coming out as Ultra balls.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Neither does the brand new Mega Man X maverick, Punch Icecrab.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

So I caught a lady Salandit (second encounter) - should I role with that over this Litwick I caught using the island scan?
Why are there so many good ghosts and bugs in this generation? Especially bugs.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

How, exactly, do pokeballs get passed down?
Because I like having all my pokemon in Pokeballs, and this Drampa I'm breeding was caught in an ultra ball. The dad (salandit) was caught in a pokeball, but all of the eggs are coming out as Ultra balls.

breed with ditto or female has to be in the ball you want.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i need a female salandit

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Supremezero posted:

Just go to the bottom of the letter list and hit the one that lets you input a name.

Regy Rusty posted:

You can type it in at the bottom, that's how I got a Feebas for the sidequest after giving up trying to catch them with their stupidly rare encounter rate

cool thanks guys. It got traded in like two minutes

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Classtoise posted:

Neither does the brand new Mega Man X maverick, Punch Icecrab.

Both are on my current team on Island 2. Excellent. At least I really like their designs and personality.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

cancerianmoth posted:

breed with ditto or female has to be in the ball you want.
Does ditto not pass it's ball down?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

OK are the bubbling rocks for fishing just a giant troll, cause I've been fishing them and I've literally only ever gotten Magikarp to pop out, and the occasional Pearl or Big Pearl. They're supposed to do something, right?

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
I am by no means skipping pokemon that I run into or speeding through the game but I am definitely missing out on some of them. I'm actually surprised I came across comfey. I'm not really looking at guides to see where they pop up but man I feel like I'm missing a lot

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
All the different generations' Pikachu variants have untranslated names whose pun never works in english right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

someone awful. posted:

OK are the bubbling rocks for fishing just a giant troll, cause I've been fishing them and I've literally only ever gotten Magikarp to pop out, and the occasional Pearl or Big Pearl. They're supposed to do something, right?
You can get other things, I promise. It's just that a lot of them are 5% like Feebas.