Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

If she had been a contender, I bet Jill Stein would have conceded way better than Clinton did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Grondoth posted:

that_maddow_tweet.png

For all her virtues, Rachel Maddow makes 8 figures in her contract with MSNBC, and she isn't going to feel an ounce of real hardship during the Trump years.

She also has an INCREDIBLY skewed misogyny detector, because I remember her getting pissed at Bill Clinton for referring to Hillary as a "girl" in his convention speech.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

100 degrees Calcium posted:

If she had been a contender, I bet Jill Stein would have conceded way better than Clinton did.

I still can't believe Clinton ran away and refused to face her loyal followers.

Like of all the bad things I thought about her, I never thought she would do that.

I think we should try to pick candidates who would not actually do that.

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

Would be funny if the election was overturned. I cant see how the GOP could obstruct any more than they have already since 2008, so not sure what Hillary has to lose.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Alter Ego posted:

For all her virtues, Rachel Maddow makes 8 figures in her contract with MSNBC, and she isn't going to feel an ounce of real hardship during the Trump years.

She also has an INCREDIBLY skewed misogyny detector, because I remember her getting pissed at Bill Clinton for referring to Hillary as a "girl" in his convention speech.

wouldnt want anyone to think bill clonton was bad with women

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

zegermans posted:

This is weird because the weeks before the election she straight up said Trump was a better choice. Of course she is a mentally unsound insane woman who should probably not be allowed to be her own guardian so

http://www.snopes.com/jill-stein-endorsed-donald-trump/

quote:

In fact, Stein in no way endorsed Donald Trump or opined that "Donald Trump is better" — rather, she said she wouldn't "sleep well at night" if either Trump or Clinton were elected, asserted that both candidates were "promoting lethal policies," and averred it was "fortunate [that] we have another choice other than these two candidates." The most positive thing Stein said about Donald Trump was that she found Hillary Clinton's foreign policy to be "scarier" than his:

Liberals getting mad about "fake news" makes me lmao

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

quote:

In fact, Stein in no way endorsed Donald Trump or opined that "Donald Trump is better" — rather, she said she wouldn't "sleep well at night" if either Trump or Clinton were elected, asserted that both candidates were "promoting lethal policies," and averred it was "fortunate [that] we have another choice other than these two candidates." The most positive thing Stein said about Donald Trump was that she found Hillary Clinton's foreign policy to be "scarier" than his:

Jill Stein was right

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

At the very least there should be a thorough investigation into how much voter suppression measures ended up affecting electoral outcomes. How many ballots were discounted based on bogus voting fraud laws?

I think some genuine investigation and studies, not aimed at overturning the election results but at really understanding them, would be worthwhile in a lot of different ways.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i've already dehumanized myself and faced to the bloodshed

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

But she was happy to host a platform to anyone interested in making GBS threads on Bernie Sanders, her network giving more voice to an empty podium than a fellow self described progressive, a guy who most certainly would have raised their taxes. It's almost like she and her network are entirely full of poo poo.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

2016 election prediction guide:
If you want to know what happens next, imagine the craziest outcome. That's what will happen.

Jill Stein is going to uncover massive tampering with the election numbers.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Al! posted:

If there's any solace about Clinton's loss it is not having to watch in disappointment as white elite feminists try to brush Bill's behavior under the carpet.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

The only thing she'll uncover massive tampering with is the scales her weed dealer uses.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

This is weird because the weeks before the election she straight up said Trump was a better choice. Of course she is a mentally unsound insane woman who should probably not be allowed to be her own guardian so

lol you are an idiot.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

The only thing she'll uncover massive tampering with is the scales her weed dealer uses.

That's worth investigating and even more reason why hillary/obama are poo poo. Legalize it!

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Does Stein even have a chance of having a judge go forward with a recount when it is so obvious that she didn't win? I know she's doing it for Hillary's sake but that can't be her legal reasoning for her, as a candidate, to get a recount, can it?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I bet Jill Stein is the kind of stoner that gets distracted and holds onto the bong while going on long rants.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zegermans posted:

:salt:

I bet Jill Stein is the kind of stoner that gets distracted and holds onto the bong while going on long rants.

It's worse than that. She's straight edge.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Powercrazy posted:

lol you are an idiot.

that's OK because so is Jill Stein

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Well What Now posted:

that's OK because so is Jill Stein
Well I guess the pragmatic thing to say is that they are both equally idiotic.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Fidel Castronaut posted:

If there's any solace about Clinton's loss it is not having to watch in disappointment as white elite feminists try to brush Bill's behavior under the carpet.

im a big believer in white 1337 feminism

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

gary johnson is the kind of stoner you find out years later after you broke all contact with him for some weird poo poo he did has several sex crime convictions

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I will gladly take the mantle of being an idiot on a dead comedy forum if it dispels the notion that Jill Stein knows what she's doing.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
We must dispel this notion that Jill Stein doesn't know what she's doing. She knows exactly what she is doing.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Reminder that Tuesday November 29 is a Day of Disruption and we should all be fighting tooth and claw to allow fast food and airport service employees to unionize.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hating Jill Stein for trying to certify the integrity of our electoral process is the weirdest reason to hate her yet.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Hating Jill Stein for trying to certify the integrity of our electoral process is the weirdest reason to hate her yet.

Probably because the adults in the room can see an obvious scam from a mile away

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zegermans posted:

Probably because the adults in the room can see an obvious scam from a mile away

The adults in the room all bet on Hillary Clinton, so "adults" seem to be completely full of poo poo rn.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The oldest people in the country, the "most adult" of adults, voted for Donald J. Trump.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Al! posted:

I didn't say Clinton didn't have a history with women. Calling Hillary Clinton a "girl" when telling a story about when they first met, however, is not part of it.

Yudo posted:

But she was happy to host a platform to anyone interested in making GBS threads on Bernie Sanders, her network giving more voice to an empty podium than a fellow self described progressive, a guy who most certainly would have raised their taxes. It's almost like she and her network are entirely full of poo poo.

Considering MSNBC employs Joe Scarborough, yeah.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The adults in the room all bet on Hillary Clinton, so "adults" seem to be completely full of poo poo rn.

no thats correct, the adults went for hillary and she still lost but lets not relitigate the election, maybe litigate it but not relitigate

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If only we'd run the communist jew, then Billy Bob Ray Cletus Sue would see the light

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

GlyphGryph posted:

I still can't believe Clinton ran away and refused to face her loyal followers.

Like of all the bad things I thought about her, I never thought she would do that.

I think we should try to pick candidates who would not actually do that.

i wasnt surprised. she was never a strong figure, she was always in it for herself, and even her staunchest supporters knew it deep down.

in the end, she gave her morning after concession speech (showed up v. late) to ridiculous applause. she didnt even sound mad. she didnt promise a fight. it was a pathetic spectacle, but quite fitting

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

2016 election prediction guide:
If you want to know what happens next, imagine the craziest outcome. That's what will happen.

I'm starting to think that bernie might become president in 2016. I don't know how but we clearly live in a reality unburdened with sane causality.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Look, Trump won the election. Anything is possible now. Nothing is forbidden.

We are clearly living in a simulation run by a bunch of teenagers who want to see how nuts they can make things go.

Stein is going to prove that the Russians stole the election, it'll force a constitutional crisis, some stuff will happen and Hillary wins in the end.

In 2018 the Democrats take the Senate.

In 2020 Stein runs again but having her image completely turned around by her saving the Republic she wins a decent chunk of electoral votes causing no candidate to win. The Republicans still hold the House and vote in Trump. The Senate votes in VP candidate Bernie Sanders.

Bernie Sanders dies one month into office from natural causes. Speaker of the House Dave Brat ascends to the VP position.

Trump realizes that he hates being president and fires the US as a client and resigns.

Hail President Brat.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Actually yeah a lot of poor people with funny names probably would have voted if Bernie was running but that's beside the point

The point is they didn't vote for you guys with the efforts you did choose to make, and you should figure out why that is

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

In 2018 the Democrats take the Senate.

Out of that list, I'm pretty sure that's one part that's impossible.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

If only we'd run the communist jew, then Billy Bob Ray Cletus Sue would see the light

:salt:

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Election is over, don't try to change the past. I'm really annoyed that another round of this recount stuff is coming up. Although I guess it is a good sanity check to see how fascist our regime really is.

Moving forward, dig up all of Trump's speeches saying he's going to bring the jobs back and hold him accountable. The ones where he got everyone to rally together under the lovely factories that left America? Make your platform a platform of accountability. Jobs! No one cares about what Trump said about Hillary, the people at his rallies cared about what he had to say about jobs.

Now that your platform is about job equality, when the voting population realizes that a republican majority in all branches couldn't deliver on that, you have given them the perfect platform to defect to.

Oh yeah, we should also be pro gun as hell. Guns own. Now that a bunch of loving nationalist fascists have shown up the left wants guns to. Everyone wants guns. The more you idolize guns the more votes you get next election, straight up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

zegermans posted:

Billy Bob Ray Cletus Sue is a communist, so yes

• Locked thread