Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

I've got some news about Mendoza and I hope you're sitting down

pls tell me mendoza is okay :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

coupedeville posted:

pls tell me mendoza is okay :ohdear:

I'm afraid he...woke up in a new Bugatti

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
he just tryna spend a hunred bills every day

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

https://fat.gfycat.com/VacantColossalIndigowingedparrot.webm

That was unnecessarily graphic, ripper

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Quick question, does your character level up and get stronger?

Yeah, you've got a bunch of stats. Most aren't worth actively going out of your way to level up but they have nice effects.

Health- you get more health every 20 levels up to 100. A rank 1 player has 238 HP, increases by 18 every 20 levels (basically one pistol bullet) until, at rank 100, you have 328 HP, just enough to survive a heavy sniper shot to the chest.

Stamina- the more you run, the more you improve this, and when it's maxed out you can run indefinitely without resting.

Shooting- levels up naturally as you shoot, improves reload times and lets you carry more ammo.

Strength- levels up when you punch people or play golf or tennis. Lets you climb ladders faster and survive longer falls, and do more melee damage.

Stealth- level up by walking or shooting while in stealth-mode, all this seems to do is hide your blip a little better in deathmatches and other pvp jobs.

Flying- fly more to reduce the random wobble the planes have.

Driving- this stat does ? I dunno, you'll level it up so fast it doesn't matter.

Lung capacity- the stat to level up when you've completely run out of things to do.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

No blood for oil?

No, blood for oil!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

FuturePastNow posted:

YStealth- level up by walking or shooting while in stealth-mode, all this seems to do is hide your blip a little better in deathmatches and other pvp jobs.

Seem to recall that it also decreases cooldown for rolls.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

So you got the Discord overlay working? That's cool.

You know what's not cool?

This.

I'll be back just in time for Christmas, but gently caress having all of my progress and monies wiped.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Domestic Amuse posted:

This.

I'll be back just in time for Christmas, but gently caress having all of my progress and monies wiped.

What'd you do!

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Domestic Amuse posted:

This.

poor motherfucher :(

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Domestic Amuse posted:

This.

Have you tried not breaking the rules? That's what I usually try and it works out pretty well for not getting me banned

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

ArtIsResistance posted:

Have you tried not breaking the rules? That's what I usually try and it works out pretty well for not getting me banned

:same:

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

ArtIsResistance posted:

Pfffft. Breaking the rules is :krad:, you lame-os.

Renegade for life. :c00lbert:

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Domestic Amuse posted:

shine on you crazy diamond

just...you know...not in GTA :v:

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Domestic Amuse posted:

This.

Domestic Amuse posted:

I dunno buddy you don't seem too sure yourself, figure it out in a month (or a week when you buy this game again)

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
So how'd you get banned?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Is it a legit ban or a new exploit to get others banned?

Did the "hackers can get you banned" thing turn out to be true?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

name and shame the menu that got you banned dude.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

lmao goon hackers are rolling in to grill mother and he is conspicuously silent :grin:

it's okay mother this is a safe space actually not really but spill the beans already scrublord jfc

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

It was probably the mod menu that did it. But I'm not too sure, since Pound_Coin got his account hit for terrorizing pubbies in his Hydra and I was doing the same thing. First time getting banned mid-game, though -- on my old account, the bans usually came while I was offline.

I always thought that whole "hackers can ban" thing was bullshit, since I figured bans could only be given out server-side.

Jose Mengelez posted:

name and shame the menu that got you banned dude.

GTA Force

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Someone gets banned and all the mewling kittens come out to cry and worry.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Zigmidge posted:

Someone gets banned and all the mewling kittens come out to cry and worry.

You just made a post on the internet, we all hope to God it didn't suck!

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

15 dollars a month well spent imo.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Jose Mengelez posted:

:roflolmao:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

My friends are trying to do Pacific Standard and were curious how to correctly do the Karuma trick. I've done it legitimately before, but I'm hoping that I can get my friends a relatively painless payout.

So someone correct me if I'm missing something, but from what I've read:

• You need to own the apartment near where the bikes are stowed. May not actually be required but much more useful than trying to get to any other apartment.
  • The apartment owner needs to own an armored Karuma and have it assigned to that garage.
  • You need the money bag carrier to step out of the bank long enough to trigger the waypoints for the escape route, and then have them duck back in.
  • The others (the car owner is enough, really) need to go to where the bikes are. Destroying the bikes is optional? I've seen videos of it with and without destroying the bikes. Also some sources say the car owner must be in the Crowd Control role--the Hacker would not be able to make it work.
  • The car owner needs to climb up to where their apartment front door is located and go in. They can buzz in their friends in if they like but it's not necessary? I've read that there can be some inconsistency about getting into your apartment at this step?
  • Take the Karuma back to the bank and collect Mr. or Mrs. Moneybags for the trip up the mountain.

Do I have any misapprehensions in this list?

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

marshmallow creep posted:

My friends are trying to do Pacific Standard and were curious how to correctly do the Karuma trick. I've done it legitimately before, but I'm hoping that I can get my friends a relatively painless payout.

So someone correct me if I'm missing something, but from what I've read:

• You need to own the apartment near where the bikes are stowed. May not actually be required but much more useful than trying to get to any other apartment.
  • The apartment owner needs to own an armored Karuma and have it assigned to that garage.
  • You need the money bag carrier to step out of the bank long enough to trigger the waypoints for the escape route, and then have them duck back in.
  • The others (the car owner is enough, really) need to go to where the bikes are. Destroying the bikes is optional? I've seen videos of it with and without destroying the bikes. Also some sources say the car owner must be in the Crowd Control role--the Hacker would not be able to make it work.
  • The car owner needs to climb up to where their apartment front door is located and go in. They can buzz in their friends in if they like but it's not necessary? I've read that there can be some inconsistency about getting into your apartment at this step?
  • Take the Karuma back to the bank and collect Mr. or Mrs. Moneybags for the trip up the mountain.

yeah ur pretty much on point goonbro

I always destroy the bikes and Las lagunas blvd apt 4 is the one you want demolition is usually money bags but I don't think the kuruma owner/driver needs to have a specific role for that part of the escape

one thing to make sure to remember; when the kuruma driver and teammates pick up moneybags from the bank, you have to make sure to drive them through all the escape checkpoints that you just fought thru to get to your armored car before heading out of town :eng101:

coupedeville fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 26, 2016

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Except for how you spelled Kuruma :smugdon:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Ah, that's an important hint. I remember one of the videos had Lester repeating dialogue but I wasn't clear why.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Ah, that's an important hint. I remember one of the videos had Lester repeating dialogue but I wasn't clear why.

yep make sure moneybags shouts out if a checkpoint is missed because if ya miss one and don't swing back around it'll count down to mission failure and you'll have to do it all over again

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Thank you.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

oh for sure goonbro glad to put my completely worthless compendium of GTA knowledge to some use :D

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

coupedeville posted:

one thing to make sure to remember; when the kuruma driver and teammates pick up moneybags from the bank, you have to make sure to drive them through all the escape checkpoints that you just fought thru to get to your armored car before heading out of town :eng101:

Not necessary. Send one person (one of the crowd control guys) to run for the run for the bikes, leave the other 3 at the bank. Once he reaches the bikes, blow them up. Once the objective changes, have the CC guy kill himself. When you restart everyone will be at the bikes.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

titties posted:

Not necessary. Send one person (one of the crowd control guys) to run for the run for the bikes, leave the other 3 at the bank. Once he reaches the bikes, blow them up. Once the objective changes, have the CC guy kill himself. When you restart everyone will be at the bikes.

you shouldn't tell people to kill themselves dread :ohdear:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Jose Mengelez posted:

:cheers:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

coupedeville posted:

you shouldn't tell people to kill themselves dread :ohdear:

sorry

Destroying the bikes is optional? I've seen videos of it with and without destroying the bikes. Also some sources say the car owner must be in the Crowd Control role--the Hacker would not be able to make it work.
[*]The car owner needs to climb up to where their apartment front door is located and go in. They can buzz in their friends in if they like but it's not necessary? I've read that there can be some inconsistency about getting into your apartment at this step?
[*]Take the Karuma back to the bank and collect Mr. or Mrs. Moneybags for the trip up the mountain.
[/list]

Have one of the CC guys make the run to the bikes solo. If you're switching hosts, both of the people hosting should be CC. Send the person who is not the host for the current run. Once he reaches the bikes, have him blow them up and then COMMIT SUICIDE once the waypoint changes.

Everyone will respawn at the bike. Have the CC guy IMMEDIATELY run to the garage door. He has to get there before the police spawn in or it will be hard to get in. Once he's inside, blow up the bikes again to get the waypoint to change.

titties fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 26, 2016

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Jose Mengelez posted:

poo poo. I could have been putting that money into Shark Cards. :saddowns:

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
new gamemode is kind of fun.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Jose Mengelez posted:

Shoulda spent a single onetime fee of $10 and got Menyoo / Authority imho :v:

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
dont do things that have been explicitly stated to get you banned and then whine about it when it happens maybe? hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Surprised it took so long, but all my saved outfits got deleted. Jerks.

• Locked thread