Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I hope Florida beats Bama in the championship. Hopefully something like Auburn a few years back on the returned field goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Just heard the Coach O presser

Lol his voice

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo
Tech beat uga and the irish lost again :woop:

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

General Dog posted:

I think the committee is going to have to let the Big Ten champ in, if OSU gets in it's going to be Washington (or Colorado) that gets hosed.

I'm not sure I'd agree that we get hosed if OSU gets in. They have a better resume than both Washington and Colorado. I don't think the same applies to the Big 10 champion, though. What makes Penn State or Wisconsin more deserving than Colorado/Washington? I'm really rooting for Wisconsin to beat Penn State, though because I think they have the weakest resume of the 4 teams. 2 unranked losses?

DrunkPanda fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Nov 27, 2016

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
The committee last week already said that the criteria they set up applies to teams who they see as similar and that Ohio State and Penn State were not similar. Going to be lots of pissed off people in two weeks. Also they beat Wisconsin and have a better record.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Washington should obviously be in over Wisconsin/Penn State. If Colorado wins then they should put Michigan in and match them up in a rematch with Ohio State so I can finally have my revenge for that loving miserable Alabama/LSU rematch

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If OSU gets in without winning their division, what's the point of even having conferences or playing the season? Just go with preseason rankings and be done with it.

Having to play one less game than everyone else is a huge advantage and also bullshit

OSU will have more quality wins and fewer losses than the big ten champ no matter who wins. This isn't the huge injustice you're making it out to be.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa beat the holy hell out of Nebraska and I watched with my grandpa and it was very fun! Congrats to Mike Riley for getting his team back to the level of Nebraska Coaching Legend Bo Pelini, I'm sure they fanbase will be very happy and understanding.

Also OSU has more good wins than pretty much anyone in the country and their only loss was to another very good team in a game where they outgained them but lost on a blocked kick, they should definitely be in. The Big Ten divisions are very stupid (but also should remain the same forever because Iowa was a Minnesota collapse away from inexplicably tying for one of them)

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Washington should obviously be in over Wisconsin/Penn State. If Colorado wins then they should put Michigan in and match them up in a rematch with Ohio State so I can finally have my revenge for that loving miserable Alabama/LSU rematch

I think the CFB playoff committee likes Colorado more than the general public thinks they do. They've already commented that they are aware of the fact that Colorado's only losses came when our starting quarterback was injured and that weighs favorably for us. And even then, we were THIS close to beating USC at their place with our backup qb. And by THIS close, I mean we scored a touchdown to tie the game late, the very next drive our cornerback picked off USC's qb on their side of the field (but then the stupid receiver stole the ball out of our cornerback's hands). If he held onto that ball, momentum is 100% on our side, we end up scoring and win the game.

Our only losses were to top 10 teams (USC gonna be ranked top 10 after this week for sure) in which we could make a strong case we would have won both games if our starting qb didn't get injured/miss the games

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

Thoguh posted:

second time in three years that they've gone out of their way to include Ohio State when Ohio State shouldn't be in.

Uhh, 2014 the committee made the right call. Baylor lost in their bowl game to MSU, and they were the Big 12 fav.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

An interesting factor in the FSU dynamic is that Dalvin constantly swears his brother is way better than him at the same age

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Scionix posted:

doesnt matter 'cuz bama winning the 'ship PAWWWWL *coach carter music plays*

Thank you Captain Obvious :sigh:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

pillsburysoldier posted:

An interesting factor in the FSU dynamic is that Dalvin constantly swears his brother is way better than him at the same age

this has been said about every younger sibling of a good player ever

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I wanted Butch to be successful but something is seriously wrong with this team. We had awful injuries, sure, but even with most of them available this team was outcoached, under prepared, unmotivated, and basically lacking in the most fundamental things like tackling and ball security. He's a great recruiter and spouts a bunch of good feeling coach speak, but he is clearly not the man to take this program back to prominence. And that sucks because I'm tired of this poo poo.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
So the rankings going in to the weekend were

1 - Alabama (0 loss)
2 - Ohio State (1 loss)
3 - Michigan (1 loss)
4 - Clemson (1 loss)
5 - Washington (1 loss)
6 - Wisconsin (2 loss)
7 - Penn State (2 loss)

I would think they would do this at the top:

1 - Alabama (0 loss)
2 - Clemson (1 loss) +1
3 - Ohio State (1 loss) -1
4 - Washington (1 loss) +1
5 - Wisconsin (2 loss) +1
6 - Penn State (2 loss) +1
7 - Michigan (2 loss) -4

That way they could seamlessly flip flop Washington and B10 champ after its outcome without anyone moving lots of spots.

Edit: per a few posts down, also would keep Bama from playing Clemson first round.

falz fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 27, 2016

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

sigmachiev posted:

Dubs vs. Colorado gonna own. Not putting much thought towards this playoff situation until after next week. Just gonna enjoy playing for a Pac12 'ship. It's been a long time coming for us.

I've felt for several years now that Washington is basically the Colorado of the Pac 12 North. We are so similar in our school histories (even had our football programs destroyed by the same drat coach), have both been national champions and our down years and up years seem to coincide with each other. We are like twins :)

DrunkPanda fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 27, 2016

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Ohio State is not dropping a spot after beating #3.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
FB Sam Rogers had his senior day against UVA. He was given Beamer's #25 to wear* and had his career game totaling 15 carries for 105 yards, 2 TDs, and another 30 yards receiving. He later came back to an empty Lane Stadium where he proposed to his girlfriend :3:

* - tradition started by Fuente this year. They un-retired the number and give it to a different kid each, usually a special teams standout. It's actually been good luck most of the season as a lot of the kids that have worn it have had impact on those games. Greg Stroman wore it against Duke and blocked a FG that turned into a TD and was the difference in winning the game.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

Rad Valtar posted:

Ohio State is not dropping a spot after beating #3.
It will be easier for them to play games with their ranking if they want to only have B10 Champ in.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

MourningView posted:

this has been said about every younger sibling of a good player ever

Honestly, I don't think it's terribly untrue. VT's had a lot (a lot) of brothers come and go under Beamer and in what I'd say is probably 75-80% of the time the younger ones had the better career. The athleticism is obviously independent of it all but there's a lot to be said for the knowledge gained just by watching and learning from your siblings. The Fullers were a really good example of this as Corey, Kyle, and Kendall learned from Vinnie, who was much older than them because he was their step-brother. Vinnie was already in the NFL before they were in college and he would come home and work with them on the intellectual side of the game and each kid learned more and more to the point where Kendall, the youngest, was mentally prepared to start in college from day 1 because he had 3 older brothers who taught him all he needed to know to prepare.

Maybe this was a bit more unique to VT since it was the same HC and DC (most of the 25+ sets of brothers to play at VT played D) but most of the time it worked out well for VT.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I really hope we dont have to play Clemson in the first playoff game. Secondary was forced to field walk ons vs Auburn, Watson would score every play that his line held up for two seconds

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Raku posted:

I really hope we dont have to play Clemson in the first playoff game. Secondary was forced to field walk ons vs Auburn, Watson would score every play that his line held up for two seconds

I don't want yall first either. :ohdear:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Indiana QB Zander Diamont (the one whose dad is a soap star and whose stepmom was on a Seinfeld episode) is quitting football due to concussions and fear of their after effects.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Raku posted:

I hope we play yall first because the game would be in Atlanta and I would be able to go to it

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
The most Charlie Strong thing ever is Texas possibly making a bowl game at 5-7 due to Graduation Rates.

You were a good man Charlie, you should travel the country cleaning up hosed up, dysfunctional programs. You will look good in Baylor Green

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If OSU gets in without winning their division, what's the point of even having conferences or playing the season? Just go with preseason rankings and be done with it.

Having to play one less game than everyone else is a huge advantage and also bullshit

On the other hand, if divisions matter so much that the consensus #2 team with a 45-24 OOC win over Oklahoma can get jumped by a 2 loss team with a loss to Pitt, then OOC games are a liability but never an asset.

Sometimes those divisions shake out wierd. Bama doesn't even win it's division last year if Arkansas doesn't convert 4th and 26 against Ole Miss.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

falz posted:

It will be easier for them to play games with their ranking if they want to only have B10 Champ in.

They'll be number 2 this week. The uncertainty is in whether they'll get jumped after championship games are played.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Miami beat the poo poo out of duke, and assuming that we get into a bowl that's not the sun bowl or Shreveport, I'm probably going to the bowl with my dad. A good day yesterday.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Sab0921 posted:

The most Charlie Strong thing ever is Texas possibly making a bowl game at 5-7 due to Graduation Rates.

You were a good man Charlie, you should travel the country cleaning up hosed up, dysfunctional programs. You will look good in Baylor Green

id take it just for the extra practices

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
the big ten champ is always deserving and will always perform very well in the actual playoffs themselves

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
I was driving during the second half of the UGA - GA Tech game; does anybody know a way I could watch a replay online?

BEHOLD: MY CAPE
Jan 11, 2004

Lasagna Pilot posted:

On the other hand, if divisions matter so much that the consensus #2 team with a 45-24 OOC win over Oklahoma can get jumped by a 2 loss team with a loss to Pitt, then OOC games are a liability but never an asset.

Sometimes those divisions shake out wierd. Bama doesn't even win it's division last year if Arkansas doesn't convert 4th and 26 against Ole Miss.

Yeah it's almost as though championships will be one of several factors weighed in order to select the four best teams for the playoff. If they wanted to create a champion's playoff they could have explicitly done so at the risk of chronically weak divisions and upsets giving inferior teams automatic bids and incentivizing lovely OOC scheduling that everyone hates.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

Chump Farts posted:

the big ten champ is always deserving and will always perform very well in the actual playoffs themselves

ohio state won the natty in 2014. then MSU got loving killed so hard it destroyed the program

Jan 11, 2004

ulmont posted:

I was driving during the second half of the UGA - GA Tech game; does anybody know a way I could watch a replay online?

Probably the whole game or an edited version will be on YouTube in the near future

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

In retrospect, McElwain should've promised Will Grier the starting job once his suspension was up

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I for one am glad that going to a bunch of dead coaches graves and hitting nuts with a hammer worked out for the university of michigan and their head coach jim harbaugh

Jan 11, 2004

Roargasm posted:

ohio state won the natty in 2014. then MSU got loving killed so hard it destroyed the program

But at the same time, the lone loss they handed Ohio State kept them out of the playoffs and sent them to the Fiesta Bowl, where the hate loving they gave Notre Dame also destroyed the program. Sometimes there is a beautiful rhyme and reason to everything that happens on this gay football earth

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

pillsburysoldier posted:

In retrospect, McElwain should've promised Will Grier the starting job once his suspension was up

I don't believe Will Grier.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

ulmont posted:

I don't think there's a replay the full game up anywhere online yet but this guy usually posts GT games pretty quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

BEHOLD: MY CAPE posted:

But at the same time, the lone loss they handed Ohio State kept them out of the playoffs and sent them to the Fiesta Bowl, where the hate loving they gave Notre Dame also destroyed the program. Sometimes there is a beautiful rhyme and reason to everything that happens on this gay football earth

same, i wonder if kelly lasts more than 1 more season at the irish before hes in the unemployment line

• Locked thread