Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

In Training posted:

Once I got over that Doom (2016) is its own thing and not the exact same as original Doom Ive been getting into it. I still feel like the melee kills and chainsaw mechanic break things up a little much for my liking but Ive been putting point into ammo capacity upgrades so I can just run and the gun the whole time. Its fairly epic when youre in a tight arena and having to struggle for survival against the demons of Hell.

It's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

In Training posted:

Once I got over that Doom (2016) is its own thing and not the exact same as original Doom Ive been getting into it. I still feel like the melee kills and chainsaw mechanic break things up a little much for my liking but Ive been putting point into ammo capacity upgrades so I can just run and the gun the whole time. Its fairly epic when youre in a tight arena and having to struggle for survival against the demons of Hell.

There's also an arcade mode that lets you play the campaign with everything unlocked. You choose a build, and then you just run through and shoot everything. Haven't tried it yet but it might be more what you want.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cannonballoon posted:

There's also an arcade mode that lets you play the campaign with everything unlocked. You choose a build, and then you just run through and shoot everything. Haven't tried it yet but it might be more what you want.

I saw that but I wanna beat it once before trying that out. Also this game finally made me get a new mouse bc the one I have drops all input for a split second every 5 to 6 seconds and it's making it really hard to play a reflex based shooter lol

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

The centered weapon option they also added is a silly throwback to the original games, but I love it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm really bad at finding secrets in this game. I've come across like 2 through the first 4 levels

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
new doom is too slow
and all you do is run laps around squarish arenas.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
the bosses and secrets are good though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the idea behind the plasma rifle but i cant believe how it sounds and it makes me not want to use it.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

In Training posted:

I like the idea behind the plasma rifle but i cant believe how it sounds and it makes me not want to use it.

yeah, i thought every gun noise was bad compared to old doom.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Proud Rat Mom posted:

the bosses and secrets are good though.

Yeah I wish there were more bosses actually. It's weird how back-loaded they are

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Proud Rat Mom posted:

new doom is too slow
and all you do is run laps around squarish arenas.

I dont mind running around the arenas because the movement is kinda fun. But I wish they would use a different color palette, every single room looks the same, and theres no real design or backtracking so nothing really sticks out in my head.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

NuDoom kicks several varities of rear end. Much recommended.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

don't troll

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Proud Rat Mom posted:

yeah, i thought every gun noise was bad compared to old doom.

doom has the best gun noises of all time so its hard to compete

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

NuDoom kicks several varities of rear end. Much recommended.

The snap to enemy weirdness of the glory kill was already pretty jarring but I unlocked the passive that lets you do it from even further and it just feels broken

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
yeah i never took that passive off lol. what difficulty are you playing on? it felt pretty necessary on higher levels to rely on the invincibility from the glory kills

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

yeah i never took that passive off lol. what difficulty are you playing on? it felt pretty necessary on higher levels to rely on the invincibility from the glory kills

Ultra Violence

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think Im gonna drop the difficulty to easy and blow through the rest of this because I played for like 40 minutes today and realized I bored through most of it. I think this game would have been cooler with about half the levels or every level being half the size. It doesnt help that every level looks the same and has the exact same structure (hallway, arena, hallway, arena etc.)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

I think Im gonna drop the difficulty to easy and blow through the rest of this because I played for like 40 minutes today and realized I bored through most of it. I think this game would have been cooler with about half the levels or every level being half the size. It doesnt help that every level looks the same and has the exact same structure (hallway, arena, hallway, arena etc.)

PC gaming FTW

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

PC gaming FTW

I played goldeneye with kbm this past weekend.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

PC gaming FTW

It took me a half hour to realize the level I was on was a remake of a previous level after it was destroyed, because I thought every level looked the same. I realized it was a revision when I looked at the name of the level, Argent Tower (Destroyed)

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

It took me a half hour to realize the level I was on was a remake of a previous level after it was destroyed, because I thought every level looked the same. I realized it was a revision when I looked at the name of the level, Argent Tower (Destroyed)

What the gently caress man. Maybe use a spoiler tag next time you piece of poo poo

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
me (walking through a pristine argent tower): What's even the point

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

I played goldeneye with kbm this past weekend.

No thanks

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

no they will not posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

no they will not posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

no they will not posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

no they will not posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

In the menu it shows about 2/3rds of the level names before you even reach them anyway...not much of a spoiler.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

no they will not posted:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its not the preferred method but red dead redemption is coming to playstation now, so you will technically be able to play RDR on a pc

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

thats what the game looked like to me and everyone kept telling me im insane

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://mobile.twitter.com/Steam_Spy/status/804072335997358084

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Awesome. I love PC gaming.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What were the 6 games in 2004 that weren't half life

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Half Life 2
Half Life 2 Lost Coast
Half Life 2 Deathmatch
Counterstrike

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Thinking of half life 2, anyone ever play a mod called minerva back in the day? that had the best level design I've ever seen for the era

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Rag Doll Kung Fu