Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

That seems like a well-balanced and very mentally stable individual...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Yay! I'm famous. It's like the old EVE days all over again when people tried to guess what “side” I was on. :woop:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Catte Cookies :3

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:sterv:

Thanks you've saved me from the sin of masturbation for at least the next week

You're welcome!

Also HA I knew there had to be one featuring boys elsewhere. The anime-industrial complex is far too savvy to let fujoshi go unpandered to.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

LMAO

I quoted it at him in his discord and he banned me

post the blog bitch

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5fe69h/heresy_and_the_fan_boy/

"REACH DEEP AND DONATE UNTIL IT HURTS! PRAISE THE SPACE LORDS!! YOUR PLEDGE WILL BLESS YOU WITH A NEW SPACESHIP"

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

hello yes i'm doctor idiot MD and it looks like you are suffering from what we call "blue balls syndrome"

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

LMAO

post the blog bitch

You're not a greenie, are you...

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

LMAO

post the blog bitch

he's here right now, i anticipate your concerns will be attended to shortly

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I know he sees that poo poo in bright yellow every time I quote and then just ignores it because loving lol

Stop doxxing Derek.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

alf_pogs posted:

hello yes i'm doctor idiot MD and it looks like you are suffering from what we call "blue balls syndrome"

Yeah, that part I really don't get.
How do you get blue balls syndrome from playing stuff that's out and available, rather than wait forever and paying for the not-privilege?

ahmini
May 5, 2009

Tippis posted:

Yay! I'm famous. It's like the old EVE days all over again when people tried to guess what “side” I was on. :woop:

Playing Eve means you're always on the losing side

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Tippis posted:

Yeah, that part I really don't get.
How do you get blue balls syndrome from playing stuff that's out and available, rather than wait forever and paying for the not-privilege?

Aren't you an eve player? Blueballs was a centerpiece of many strategies there back when I played. Very bad strategies, but still

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

orcinus posted:

You're not a greenie, are you...

I don't think you are allowed to call him on his blue balling bullshit and still get into his super secret ego stroking club.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Truga posted:

Aren't you an eve player? Blueballs was a centerpiece of many strategies there back when I played. Very bad strategies, but still

Sure, but that strategy entailed giving others blueballs, not getting them yourselves while waiting for Chris to squeeze one out.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

Hey MoMa, now that you're back....

They're pegging this week. Agent wasn't quite right that StarMarine is ready to go, but I'm not allowed to speak more than that.

quote:

:smuggo:

ps: https://www.diffchecker.com/ucNCNlQy

pps: FYI, I advocated for FAU not to ban you for that doxxing poo poo you did a few months back. You're welcome

Parking ticket references were vague and did not include your address, et al. I don't need your advocacy or support.If FAU has an issue with me (as of right now, I understand that he does not), then he can discuss with me directly. Other than that, there's quite a blocker right now preventing SM from going to the avocados. Content is there, but it's an interesting blocker that they're on the cusp of resolving. I'm not going to discuss more than that though.

Did you pick up your discounted game package?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
"Sunleader is one of the few level headed people over there"

"I am Grinning"

"Imagine People would sit here. Making these Posts that you call an Discussion. About YOU.
I bet if I were to Talk like this and call it an Discussion of you guys. I would be Banned within a matter of Minutes. "

"Which is exactly what this Forum is Full of. Haters. "

"I am actually Ignoring the People which post nothing but Hate."

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mirificus posted:

It must be a pretty low bar to clear

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Other than that, there's quite a blocker right now preventing SM from going to the avocados. Content is there, but it's an interesting blocker that they're on the cusp of resolving. I'm not going to discuss more than that though.

so, two weeks?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
actually who gives a gently caress

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 28, 2016

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Mirificus posted:

"I am Grinning"

"Imagine People would sit here. Making these Posts that you call an Discussion. About YOU.
I bet if I were to Talk like this and call it an Discussion of you guys. I would be Banned within a matter of Minutes. "

"Which is exactly what this Forum is Full of. Haters. "

"I am actually Ignoring the People which post nothing but Hate."

You missed his introductory post, where he tried to explain why the improved ground scatter video was actually not broken at all, but rather showed off a common bug in non-random terrain, where random features would occasionally make the terrain be drawn below where it was or make the player model be too high up. A completely consistent and coherent argument, of course. :D

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

ManofManyAliases posted:

Parking ticket references were vague and did not include your address, et al. I don't need your advocacy or support.If FAU has an issue with me (as of right now, I understand that he does not), then he can discuss with me directly. Other than that, there's quite a blocker right now preventing SM from going to the avocados. Content is there, but it's an interesting blocker that they're on the cusp of resolving. I'm not going to discuss more than that though.
It is ok--we all already know. Clipping. Walls don't really exist for players or bullets. And the hitboxes aren't working correctly, making it seem like characters are bullet sponges. Tell your CIG buddies they just need to increase the size of the projectile. The 406mm shell should work well in the 64-bit hell CIG has created.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

Other than that, there's quite a blocker right now preventing SM from going to the avocados. Content is there, but it's an interesting blocker that they're on the cusp of resolving. I'm not going to discuss more than that though.

So what's the over/under on SM going out before new year's?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
His block list is insanely long. You'd think it'd be easier for him to just have a white list going.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I don't believe he can pass by a "jerk detected" message without checking to see if it is about him.

In his case it is definitely the "Posters I have been defeated by" list.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

WHat the everloving gently caress that's the creepiest thing I've seen in years

Nah, it's totally not creepy. Clifford aka Miku probably falls asleep to that video on loop every night, and he's clearly a level-headed individual.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: MOD CHALLENGE ALERT :siren: :siren: :siren:

Okay, this is gone on long enough. Random shitposting and off-topic chatter is all fine and dandy, but it's also distracting and frankly this thread has descended into poo poo. Beet and I discussed things and we don't want this thread to be completely devoid of the kind of banter and distractions that let us get through the lean times, but there's only so much bullshit I can take about moderation, irony, and whatever the gently caress Xarael is talking about.

So I'm issuing a mod challenge. For Marching Powder, ArfJason, and Xarael. MP your love of recipes and Star Citizen is well known, so in honor of the holiday spirit I am challenging all three of you to provide us with one dozen Star Citizen themed holiday cookies. You will include a recipe for how these cookies are made. Each cookie must be different (at least equivalent in variation to whatever CIG uses to justify selling a new JPEG with LTI).

If you don't agree to this challenge, then the next post you make in this thread that isn't about Star Citizen will result in you being probated for a day, followed by 3 days, 1 week, 1 month, and then a ban. If you choose to come back after that then the cycle will repeat itself.

If you agree to this challenge then you have ONE WEEK to complete it. During that time any post you make in this thread that isn't about Star Citizen or your endeavor to complete the challenge will result in a 6 hour probation.

If you succeed in this challenge by posting both the recipe and evidence of the dozen cookies by 9:00 AM EST on Sunday, December 4 then Beet and I will choose whoever made the best cookies. Whoever we choose will then get to pick one other cookie maker to be banned.

If, upon accepting this challenge, you fail to make the cookies in the allotted time then you will be banned.

Anyone else is free to join in and take the challenge as well. All of the above rules still apply.

EDIT: After consulting with other mods I decided to give myself more flexibility in terms of bans for shitposting.

I accept the challenge. I'm setting up the cookie production pipeline right now.

I want you all to know that I'm a visionary. I'll be doing things that nobody else is doing in the cookie business. Using such ingredients as butter and sugar and such as such.

Prepare for the BDCE.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

So what's the over/under on SM going out before new year's?

Come on... You have been here a long time. Star Marine has been coming out since before Gamescom. (Well really since the beginning of 2015, but it is tough to follow the non-release.) My money is still on "not released, ever".

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

Did you pick up your discounted game package?

I doubt Derek will ever let you into the Super-Secret Greenie Club with that kind of response.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Xaerael posted:

SPACE CAT SPACE COOKIES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeV0UlPsew4

Sadly, fidelity suffered due to the pixels I used. Turns out the resulting dough was nigh on unsculptable.

Cookies were broken up for the video because I didn't want my housemate's cats to choke.

Cookies represented as many things as I could roughly form with the unwilling dough:

Ben Lesnick
Procedural bird
Procedural planet
T-pose commando
Star
Towel
Vending machine
Dollar sign
Doughnut
Gun
Spaceship
Baseball cap

Please note: in the video Test Subject Piglett totally ignores the Vending Machine cookie, thus proving even drugs don't make vending machines fun.

Recipe was kinda eyeballed, but it was roughly:

Tin of tuna in water, pureed
one egg
flour
about a tablespoon of catnip

Mush together till doughy

Make shapes

Cook at about 180c for 15 mins and let cool.

If the video doesn't work in your country due to copyright whatever, I'm sorry.

This is cool and good.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Ah yes ScionoicS, a new face in the crazed-backer, totally not a cult full of people suffering mental illness pool. After a brief back and forth with this guy he ran into a wall of facts and let his frustration get the better of him...

(Post now deleted by the reddit admins as well as a whole bunch of his other meltdowns)

It's quite funny when you get into discussions on that r/GamesWatchdog subreddit because even though it's :reddit: the majority of the people reading it aren't brainwashed cultists so your posts can actually get upvoted and not get the usual "troll spotted. Downvote and move on" treatment.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

spacetoaster posted:

I accept the challenge. I'm setting up the cookie production pipeline right now.

I want you all to know that I'm a visionary. I'll be doing things that nobody else is doing in the cookie business. Using such ingredients as butter and sugar and such as such.

Prepare for the BDCE.

You've pledged your taste buds to earn your Citizenchips.

Now it's our turn.

We, the Choc Chipizen team at DSNABA, hereby promise to deliver the cookies you expect. You, the tens of dozens of readers, have allowed us to cut out Big Cookie and build these cookies on our terms. To let us focus on quality free of the pressure to deliver now, or ever. To nurture a new original baked IP. To put taste ahead of logic, consistency, or ethics.

We, the Baker, intend to treat you with the same respect we would give an investor. You will receive regular updates about the progress of our cookies. We will do a show and tell for each major milestone. Your voice will be heard and represented in our development docs and our feature wish list. You will see art and video and learn about how we intend to implement baked good mechanics well before the rest of the world. The website will be updated and the community will be maintained. Though the limitations of technology may slow us, we will always do the best for you: if it breaks, we will fix it.

There may be delays and there may be changes; we recognize that such things are inevitable and would be lying to you if we claimed otherwise. But when this happens, we will treat you with the respect you deserve rather than spending your clicks on public relations. When we need to change a recipe or alter something you believe should be in the cookie, we will tell you exactly why.

Your support over the past day has been incredible. You've done your part, and now we will do our utmost to live up to your expectations. We will build you the cookie you are dreaming about.

Signed,
Sarsapariller and the Choc Chipizen team.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The bad news is that I am no longer a Bomber Bro.

The good news is that I now have enough cash to buy a scope for my rifle.

Life is good.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

spacetoaster posted:

Prepare for the BDCE.

I think there are some cookies out which already have those ingredients. I might make a blog about it.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Full burn!
Kickin it to overdrive!
Full burn!
Soon I'll be by your siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide
And you'll seeeeeeeeeee
The only truth in this game, is ASD

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D1E posted:

I doubt Derek will ever let you into the Super-Secret Greenie Club with that kind of response.

I wouldn't want to join anyway. If I did, he'd recognize my voice in an instant.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The bad news is that I am no longer a Bomber Bro.

The good news is that I now have enough cash to buy a scope for my rifle.

Life is good.

What do you shoot, and what for?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Wrecked Angle posted:

Ah yes ScionoicS, a new face in the crazed-backer, totally not a cult full of people suffering mental illness pool. After a brief back and forth with this guy he ran into a wall of facts and let his frustration get the better of him...

(Post now deleted by the reddit admins as well as a whole bunch of his other meltdowns)

It's quite funny when you get into discussions on that r/GamesWatchdog subreddit because even though it's :reddit: the majority of the people reading it aren't brainwashed cultists so your posts can actually get upvoted and not get the usual "troll spotted. Downvote and move on" treatment.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

ManofManyAliases posted:

What do you shoot, and what for?

Blanks.

His kid is adopted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts