Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

EthanSteele posted:

Cool Genesis tip: for the final Igloo stage make sure to have some units at the top of the map just to the left of the target area when you get the Jotunheim there. 3 battleships that you need to keep alive spawn there with extremely low health and if you do the special condition then 3 Guncannons spawn and are able to attack them right away and holy poo poo I had to sit there for an hour reloading quicksaves until they finally didn't die and that was using SFS units to try and distract the Guncannons and regular reinforcements. It was awful.

How many stages is IGLOO so I know when I'm on the final stage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

GodofDiscord posted:

So now I've finished FMW P I was looking to move on to the next game. But when I tried opening the game, it wouldn't load, even with ntleas; apparently there was an error or something. Can someone tell me what I'm supposed to be doing?
Sorry, I never had any problem running FMW Ei, but I was not using any kind of translation patch.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

GodofDiscord posted:

So now I've finished FMW P I was looking to move on to the next game. But when I tried opening the game, it wouldn't load, even with ntleas; apparently there was an error or something. Can someone tell me what I'm supposed to be doing?

Gamemaker is touchy sometimes and straight up asks you to reboot your computer.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Prism posted:

How many stages is IGLOO so I know when I'm on the final stage?

Sorry this is late, I was sick as a dog, but IGLOO has 5 stages.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So my first effort trying to order from PlayAsia to Finland is a hassle (UPS here sucks, turns out). I've decided to just make an HK account instead to save myself the trouble. It seems easy enough to create the account, but do I need a separate memory card as well (separate from the current US based account mem card I have)?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Kingtheninja posted:

So my first effort trying to order from PlayAsia to Finland is a hassle (UPS here sucks, turns out). I've decided to just make an HK account instead to save myself the trouble. It seems easy enough to create the account, but do I need a separate memory card as well (separate from the current US based account mem card I have)?

Hard to say, don't have a Vita, doing it on a PS4 is much simpler, also I'd recommend going with a Singapore account instead, should be easier(as it's all in English), also I'd have to double check but I think Singapore PSN funds are cheaper to buy(but that's admittedly here in the US, might be different in Finland)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
In GGG I'm currently playing through each one of the first stages just so I can make some easy money/unlock as many MS and character entries as soon as possible, but drat all those side stories are getting mixed up in my head now. Oh well, I'm almost out of the One Year War finally and that leaves like 90% of the side stories behind.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

In GGG I'm currently playing through each one of the first stages just so I can make some easy money/unlock as many MS and character entries as soon as possible, but drat all those side stories are getting mixed up in my head now. Oh well, I'm almost out of the One Year War finally and that leaves like 90% of the side stories behind.

Everyone OYW Story in a nutshell:

"Wow, I am a (Federation/Zeon) Ace Pilot! How convenient that I found a (high tier mobile suit) and happen to be on the vague outside of important events. Oh look, a thematic rival who also has a similar (high tier mobile suit)! We must fight to the death. Fortunately I have my team that contains one older guy (probably blond), one younger guy and a girl (probably redheaded) at my side."

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

Yes, you need a separate memory card or will have to erase it. Account switching on Vita is unpleasant.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ImpAtom posted:

"Wow, I am a (Federation/Zeon) Ace Pilot! How convenient that I found a (high tier mobile suit) and happen to be on the vague outside of important events. Oh look, a thematic rival who also has a similar (high tier mobile suit)! We must fight to the death. Fortunately I have my team that contains one older guy (probably blond), one younger guy and a girl (probably redheaded) at my side."

On the other hand you have Zeonic Front where it's like "gently caress you have some Zakus, maybe later you can upgrade to a Dom" if I remember the game correctly. I don't think you ever got anything higher power than maybe a Gouf in the main story.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

On the other hand you have Zeonic Front where it's like "gently caress you have some Zakus, maybe later you can upgrade to a Dom" if I remember the game correctly. I don't think you ever got anything higher power than maybe a Gouf in the main story.

Even Zeonic Front had the high-tier mobile suit and thematic rival, it just happens to be your enemy!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ImpAtom posted:

Even Zeonic Front had the high-tier mobile suit and thematic rival, it just happens to be your enemy!

God, Amuro was loving terrifying in that game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

God, Amuro was loving terrifying in that game.

I was thinking of the Mudrock but honestly yeah the Amuro scene in that game is basically the closest possible video game representation to what it must be like to go up against the Gundam as a regular grunt.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

That level gave me ptsd. I think the best suit I ended up with was a Dom tropen with a beam rifle.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.

BlitzBlast posted:

Gamemaker is touchy sometimes and straight up asks you to reboot your computer.

Yeah, that was it. I rebooted and tried again today and it's loading no problem. Though, now I can't seem to transfer my clear data from FMW P to FMW I. Any ideas on how to do that?

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
As bad as Crossfire was, I love how fragile your MS was and how careful you had to be when a single stray shot could tear off the arm holding your only weapon. I don't know how many times I lost both arms, had my legs wrecked, and had to finish the level by hobbling around and tickling stuff with the head vulcans.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

GodofDiscord posted:

Yeah, that was it. I rebooted and tried again today and it's loading no problem. Though, now I can't seem to transfer my clear data from FMW P to FMW I. Any ideas on how to do that?

The process is the same as it was from E to P. Move the clear save file and your system save to I's savedata folder, and when you start a new game you should get a prompt asking if you want to continue from it.

Remember that while the in-game save file numbering starts from 1, the actual files start from 0. So if your clear save is in Save Slot 1, it's actually save file 0.

If there's any other possible problems, I can't think of them offhand. Could you elaborate?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

ImpAtom posted:

Do you think Amuro would've been as paranoid about being a human target if he knew that there was someone in Federation HQ keeping track of all the prototypes and making sure they didn't meet?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HitTheTargets posted:

Do you think Amuro would've been as paranoid about being a human target if he knew that there was someone in Federation HQ keeping track of all the prototypes and making sure they didn't meet?

I assume that was what General Revil did in his off time.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
There is one side story, I forget its name, that stars a bunch of murderers whose job it is to murder corrupt federation officers. It starts with the main guy saying "in war, the good and young die first. Luckily I'm neither of those things". That one stood out at least.

edit: Missing Link, that's it. I expect someone to say "I love it when a plan comes together" at some point.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 29, 2016

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.

BlitzBlast posted:

The process is the same as it was from E to P. Move the clear save file and your system save to I's savedata folder, and when you start a new game you should get a prompt asking if you want to continue from it.

Remember that while the in-game save file numbering starts from 1, the actual files start from 0. So if your clear save is in Save Slot 1, it's actually save file 0.

If there's any other possible problems, I can't think of them offhand. Could you elaborate?
I figured it out the problem. I was using the incorrect save data folder. That was my bad :v:
But now I need to ask, can you only use clear data from the first time you clear the game, because it won't let me use the save from new game plus.
Not a huge problem if it doesn't, just wanted to know.
Thanks for helping me Blitz, I appreciate it!

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Samurai Sanders posted:

There is one side story, I forget its name, that stars a bunch of murderers whose job it is to murder corrupt federation officers. It starts with the main guy saying "in war, the good and young die first. Luckily I'm neither of those things". That one stood out at least.

edit: Missing Link, that's it. I expect someone to say "I love it when a plan comes together" at some point.

I had to look this one up. Pretty ballsy, it's a OYW story whose high-tier mobile suit isn't a super-custom GM or a spare Gundam somehow. It's straight up a newer, better suit than the RX-78. If you're looking for it in G Gen, it's the one with the HADES system.

ImpAtom posted:

It's not entirely a new suit, it's an upgraded EXAM System suit. The HADES is just modified EXAM.

Pff. By that logic: the Gouf isn't a new suit, it's just an upgraded Zaku. I think we all know that's not the case.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Dec 1, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HitTheTargets posted:

I had to look this one up. Pretty ballsy, it's a OYW story whose high-tier mobile suit isn't a super-custom GM or a spare Gundam somehow. It's straight up a newer, better suit than the RX-78. If you're looking for it in G Gen, it's the one with the HADES system.

It's not entirely a new suit, it's an upgraded EXAM System suit. The HADES is just modified EXAM.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's not even a modified EXAM, it's straight up a bootleg one. It glows red because of installed lights.

GodofDiscord posted:

But now I need to ask, can you only use clear data from the first time you clear the game, because it won't let me use the save from new game plus.

Bingo. Otherwise you could just grind everyone to max in between games.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/hyvkwons/status/801176010410651648

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Oh my loving god.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

MechaX posted:

What was the reception for the 3DS SRW games anyway?
Apologies if I either misunderstood this question or just make a mistake because of low sample size.

UX is make or break depending on how much you love its off the wall cast list - the gameplay is acceptable for SRW standards, as in a W-style super easy no real frustration spots sort of affair. Has some system implementation issues, like having a hardon for force deploying characters in Solos despite it being really lackluster compared to Pairs.

(The Japanese on forums and review sites seem to really hate Miku Fei-Yan's inclusion. I can't really tell whether it's a vocal minority or a norm)

BX is generally agreed to be UX with a weaker Cast List that doesn't really fix that much of its gameplay issues or at least doesn't amount to much - like, they fixed Combo Attacks so that they're actually worth using where in UX they generally were not, but the game is still easy you probably won't tell the difference.

It strikes me as having the sort of cast list that would only appeal to a really hardcore Mecha fan - like I can't imagine that many people going "Oh my gosh, Giant Gorg!" the way Z2's reveal caused a gushing over GL and Geass

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I knew a few deep nerds who were all about suddenly having Gorg and Galian.

V is weird because there are some people who are like "I'm not touching anything that involves Cross Ange" and some people who are like "Cross Ange, this is going to be hilarious/interesting."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I can't believe Cross Ange got in before Valvrave.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Eeeh, I don't really see a point in going all up in arms because Cross Ange or whatever series got in. Yes, I know that it's notorious for some of the stuff it did but to outright dismiss the game before even seeing how events will play out? Nah.

As for me, I'm still excited for V with Mazinger ZERO, Might Gaine (though I would've loved some Exkaiser...) and Crossbone.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Anyway re: Cross Ange showing up before Valvrave - I was only exposed to Cross Ange at an extremely safe distance, but I sat through enough of Valvrave to feel like it would have to get way more insane than I ever heard it did to be less safe to include than Valvrave. Like, I'm kind of aware that Cross Ange has loving and possibly brainwashing? but Valvrave has nearly explicit forceful rape.

e: hell, I don't even know why I thought mind games, psychosexual or otherwise, would be an issue when it's SRW we're talking about.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

honestly cross ange has some really bad scenes but at least it actually goes somewhere with that kinda stuff, even if it's stupid and leering about it. valvrave has rape and then the immediate response to that rape is for every character to make excuses for it and downplay it. cross ange is kinda gross, like a b-grade exploitation film from the 80s, but valvrave is actively disturbing.

Cross Ange isn't any worse than Zeorymer, and if anything I'd say it's not as bad as Zeorymer.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Endorph posted:

Cross Ange isn't any worse than Zeorymer, and if anything I'd say it's not as bad as Zeorymer.

You're thinking about manga Zeorymer, no? Because the series was pretty much PG-13, only with a few bits of nudity (from both genders).

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
All you need to know about Cross Ange is that just about every person in that show is a horrible person that likely deserves whatever fate that got handed to them. Except Vivian who is a total angel and somehow made it through that whole show without being killed horribly.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Honestly I'm more surprised that Majestic Prince hasn't gotten in yet

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
MJP would go well with a pair system but it would have to be a good, flexible pair system so the Rose one could carry out its stated function, i.e. blast ahead and gently caress the entire enemy formation up. There's no point if single units are dead in the water and there's little point if you have to give Tamaki a partner.

Or they could do one of those things where it deliberately has poo poo EN consumption so you want to pair her with one of those jets from Gaiking or Raideen.

Platinum option: Tamaki and Boss.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Speaking of V, does anyone know if the Premium Edition will be made available with English subs or if that's a Japan-only thing? None of the usual sites have an English sub pre-order for it available, but have the Japanese one so I'm guessing no...

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Kind of a newbie question for GGG, but does a unit's EN regenerate at all? Aside from a ship skill I found, I didn't see EN come back up during a stage I was playing.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Kingtheninja posted:

Kind of a newbie question for GGG, but does a unit's EN regenerate at all? Aside from a ship skill I found, I didn't see EN come back up during a stage I was playing.
Guest characters yeah, your characters no. You need to send them back to their carrier every few turns to refuel. It only ever takes a turn though, so there's that.

Also maybe you noticed that if a MS is destroyed it really is destroyed. Those two things are quite a change from SRW thinking.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Dec 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Well just bought GGG, partly cause I heard that if you bought it before December 6th you'd get some of the DLC for free, hopefully that applies to the SEA release and not just the JPN version

• Locked thread