Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

spacetoaster posted:

Ok. Basic cookies are done.

Here is the entry level cook:

Now this one, this is your best cook for your money. It's got sprinkles.

If you aren't a space plebe you're gonna want to have this next cookie. (Only 5,000 available)

*fake edit* Beer, is this an acceptable entry for the challenge?!?!?!

Nine cookies to go, plus the recipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Dear Sandi,

I'm gay

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Technically wouldn't the SKS be for shooting capitalist pigdog paper?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MeLKoR posted:

You went for the final refund?

Nope. Just sold my last giftable ship. I have no idea how much they would refund me for.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

Technically wouldn't the SKS be for shooting capitalist pigdog paper?

I do it ironically.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I fired a shotgun once. It was one of the two bullet thingys. I was shooting at a clay pidgeon. I managed to shoot a tree right in the branch.

That's my gun story.

(I used to trap a clay pidgeon shoot in my mid teens for pocket money, and we'd occasionally be offered to shoot a rifle. I tried once, wasn't for me.)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I do it ironically.

That works too. I also would have accepted "for shooting communist paper that isn't communist enough" as an answer.

Man I miss my SKS. I should get another one.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AP posted:

My view on it is that a lot of the blue balling is intentional as this is the Star Citizen thread, CIG spent a good two years promising "2 weeks" and everyone should learn to be more sceptical of promises. Apart from that I think sometimes Derek just changes his mind, sometimes the situation changes, sometimes he gets distracted by something shiny and goes off on one.

Ultimately though what this comes down to is proof, "prove what you said is true" and nothing else will do. I think the clues are in the thread about things that have happened, Star Marine, the change on refunds being the most visible, but you've never going to get "proof" to satisfy you on things that haven't happened in public view, not until someone internal to CIG goes public and why would anyone ruin their career doing that? To me it would make more sense for employees to just get a job somewhere else, or wait until CIG goes bust.

Also at this point if you really need proof that CIG haven't a clue what they are doing I dunno what to tell you, as far as I'm aware the game patcher is still broke, the tutorial is still broken and they haven't patched anything since, what June?. I can understand why people get blue balled waiting for CIG to go bust but look at what's happening.

Total in November 2012: $4,367,877
Total in November 2013: $7,871,634
Total in November 2014: $6,101,678
Total in November 2015: $5,358,817
Total in November 2016(so far): $7,521,926

In 2016 with nothing of any level of competence released, they are going to match or exceed their income from the crazy days of the "end of LTI" sale in 2013. When any of us are judging what's going to happen you are dealing with a company that acts irrationally heavily supported with income from backers who are also acting irrationally.

Nothing I've just said is going to change your mind but afterwards, then I think it's going to be a lot more obvious to all why things happened as they did.

Are you thinking that because I call Derek out for being completely full of poo poo about having any "100% guaranteed to get legal action" info that I somehow think CIG isn't broke and incompetent?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I really love this guy. :allears:

1: They can name a version anything they want. Tomorrow they could call it 3.0. There! You got 3.0!

2: You can't. They showed you a cinematic of this. Nobody is doing this in the game.

3: First it was already in the game. Then it was canceled. Now it's in the game again. Uh, sure, maybe you and Chris need to sit down and figure out how this is going to go next time. Plus, it's a loving arena shooter module in an engine designed from ground up to be a loving arena shooter. CryEngine came with Star Marine in it from the start. CIG just broke it.

4: You're 5 years in, and 130 loving MILLION DOLLARS later, and you have <1% of a game. At what point do you think "Hmmm... something seems amiss with this!" Because that's what we're all really waiting for. Is for you guys to come to the explosive realization you're getting screwed for Porsche payments, exotic vacations, and maybe a CGI movie.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

The Titanic posted:

I really love this guy. :allears:

1: They can name a version anything they want. Tomorrow they could call it 3.0. There! You got 3.0!

2: You can't. They showed you a cinematic of this. Nobody is doing this in the game.

3: First it was already in the game. Then it was canceled. Now it's in the game again. Uh, sure, maybe you and Chris need to sit down and figure out how this is going to go next time. Plus, it's a loving arena shooter module in an engine designed from ground up to be a loving arena shooter. CryEngine came with Star Marine in it from the start. CIG just broke it.

4: You're 5 years in, and 130 loving MILLION DOLLARS later, and you have <1% of a game. At what point do you think "Hmmm... something seems amiss with this!" Because that's what we're all really waiting for. Is for you guys to come to the explosive realization you're getting screwed for Porsche payments, exotic vacations, and maybe a CGI movie.

Takaroshe is pretty great because he uses Edwin from Baldur's Gate as a twitter avatar and it really fits his posting style. I'm just sad he doesn't do little off to the side comments in brackets.

But he's still great as a laughing stock character in this whole Star Citizen thing. Looking forward to the character arc where he's transformed into a woman and because CIG hasn't implemented a model yet he haunts everyone as a ghost instead.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Come to MD and we can make that happen.

I'm in PA, about 45 minutes west of both Philly and NYC. MD is no problem. We could do this.

Coolguye posted:

he likely just hasn't been reported, or at least not in this light. i tend to be fairly thick skinned about kill yourself comments since i grew up during the internet phase when that was the normal proscribed way to inform someone you disagreed with their taste in breakfast cereal but even by those standards the pattern is kinda concerning

I started on the Internet back in 1992, Compuserve, or whatever. Did my first real on-line gaming in maybe 1996. That sort of poo poo was par for the course, but having someone lurk on you and post stuff like that would've been very concerning even way back then.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I would also kneecap all the starliner flight attendants because what the gently caress

*gets kneecapped*

Oh man! They don't even have the one-legged crippled motion capture done yet! Now I'm stuck forever behind this waist high wall! drat you evil space pirates! This was my dreeeeeeeeaaaaam...!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Are you thinking that because I call Derek out for being completely full of poo poo about having any "100% guaranteed to get legal action" info that I somehow think CIG isn't broke and incompetent?

That was a small part of my post, I was more thinking you're annoyed you didn't get your promised blog.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

https://youtu.be/ePv7ZdWVjY4

Added joke: This video is over 7 years old, and CIG isn't up to it yet in fluidity or appearance.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5fd174/the_vanguard_is_headed_in_the_wrong_direction/

lol a 226 post long thread melting down because the Aegis Potato Sr. has a lovely stupid design and doesn't look enough like the concept art.

It's like 2013 all over again.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tarquinn posted:

Problem: Super Hornet too powerful in PvE and PvP. Gun setup, missile load-out and agility severely outperform comparable ships.
Balancing Fix: Increased price to USD 250.00. You're welcome.

Whoa whoa! Hold the phone!!!

I think you are a CIG agent! Nobody could solve a problem so effectively and quickly!

I'll be watching you, buddy! :monocle:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

AP posted:

That was a small part of my post, I was more thinking you're annoyed you didn't get your promised blog.

Full disclosure though: you're kind of like the Vice President of the super secret Greenie club, right?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Did I miss something arguing with FYAD? What the gently caress is a Greenie?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Coolguye posted:

alright since nobody else will apparently say it, i will

this avatar haunts my loving dreams

How is anyone else suppose to know your dreams?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Nine cookies to go, plus the recipe.

I want to take a moment to talk to you guys about cookie paint jobs. This little beauty is an upgraded entry level cookie.

This one is showing off our "electro frosting". A cookie that can change frosting colors as the situation dictates.

This bad boy is our larger model cookie. Notice how it's elongated to fit into your glass of milk with ease (milk will be sold separately)

For those of you with actual friends, you'll want this cookie for sure. It has a detachable, smaller cookie, that you can give to others.

Now I wouldn't be much of a cookie salesman if I didn't offer the "premium" version. So here she is. You'll have so many friends if you buy this one. So many friends.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Lladre posted:

How is anyone else suppose to know your dreams?

they are public in the dreams thread here, friend

are you not linked into the gaia field

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

thatguy posted:

Goons who have been elevated to Derek Smart's inner circle on Discord, equivalent to Trump's cabinet members.

They fuel the Internet Warlord's wrath.

As to the name, gently caress if I know. Ask Derek Smart.

EDIT: they also crowd-funded the $10 to buy Derek a new account.

D1E fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 29, 2016

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

thatguy posted:

Discord status. Greenies get into the super secret channel.

D1E posted:

Your name shows up green, at least on my software.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I proclaim this thread dead and gay, I will make the nastiest, saltiest loving cookies ever and I will eat them and document it and say that it's better than hanging out with you guys and you will all cry and repent

:lol:

This is like a spite purchase, except in cookies!

I will feel great grief for every bite you take!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D1E posted:

Full disclosure though: you're kind of like the Vice President of the super secret Greenie club, right?

I wouldn't put it like that. I don't think any unverified rumours or any extra second hand information I've picked up would substantially change your mind about things. It is what it is.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

D1E posted:

Their names are in green text in the Discord channel user list

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
what do the magentas get?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Xaerael posted:

SPACE CAT SPACE COOKIES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeV0UlPsew4

Sadly, fidelity suffered due to the pixels I used. Turns out the resulting dough was nigh on unsculptable.

Cookies were broken up for the video because I didn't want my housemate's cats to choke.

Cookies represented as many things as I could roughly form with the unwilling dough:

Ben Lesnick
Procedural bird
Procedural planet
T-pose commando
Star
Towel
Vending machine
Dollar sign
Doughnut
Gun
Spaceship
Baseball cap

Please note: in the video Test Subject Piglett totally ignores the Vending Machine cookie, thus proving even drugs don't make vending machines fun.

Recipe was kinda eyeballed, but it was roughly:

Tin of tuna in water, pureed
one egg
flour
about a tablespoon of catnip

Mush together till doughy

Make shapes

Cook at about 180c for 15 mins and let cool.

If the video doesn't work in your country due to copyright whatever, I'm sorry.

Phenomenal! :)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

spacetoaster posted:

I want to take a moment to talk to you guys about cookie paint jobs. This little beauty is an upgraded entry level cookie.

This one is showing off our "electro frosting". A cookie that can change frosting colors as the situation dictates.

This bad boy is our larger model cookie. Notice how it's elongated to fit into your glass of milk with ease (milk will be sold separately)

For those of you with actual friends, you'll want this cookie for sure. It has a detachable, smaller cookie, that you can give to others.

Now I wouldn't be much of a cookie salesman if I didn't offer the "premium" version. So here she is. You'll have so many friends if you buy this one. So many friends.

Are those modular cookies with addons?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Oh my god, Boo is Wolf Larson. Got the exact same douche chills from that reddit post as the one Wolf made about the INN embarrassment

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

SniperWoreConverse posted:

what do the magentas get?

Space cats.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Solarin posted:

Oh my god, Boo is Wolf Larson. Got the exact same douche chills from that reddit post as the one Wolf made about the INN embarrassment

But that... th...

... that fits. Perfectly.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AP posted:

lol, if Derek posted a blog I wouldn't read it because it wouldn't have anything that wasn't already posted in this thread in a more concise manner. No, I'm just laughing at the other side of the promise but never deliver coin.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is just sad and bad. :(

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Someone should post in there that Ben Parry who works at CIG is embarrassed by the companies misuse of the word and how shameful he thinks it is as he posted on the Elite forums

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

peter gabriel posted:

Someone should post in there that Ben Parry who works at CIG is embarrassed by the companies misuse of the word and how shameful he thinks it is as he posted on the Elite forums

But that would be embarrassing to them — especially after the way they praised Parry's arguing with Derek earlier.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Nov 29, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

The Titanic posted:

This is just sad and bad. :(

https://twitter.com/commando_tom/status/803400365253283840

:grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Just in case anyone forgot, Discord is poo poo.

• Locked thread