Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

OldTennisCourt posted:

I'm really curious if the rumors are true and the villain of the Defenders is Mephisto . It could either be super awesome or dumb as hell depending on how it's handled.

Also, I really really hope the Punisher series is basically just them lifting story arcs from the MAX series and doesn't give him his own super antagonist. Jigsaw was and is dumb as loving hell as a villain.

What does he have to do with The Hand? More likely a human host for The Beast; I'm guessing a female version of Ken Wind:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Daredevil-Season 1 is out now on Blu-Ray, but based on Amazon reviews, it is only worth getting if you haven't already seen it on Netflix over the past two years. The episodes are on the release, but that's about it. No special features or commentaries or anything else of that nature are included.

I mean gently caress, even Agents of Shield gets some lovely outtakes clips and stuff like that.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dr Christmas posted:

If that's true, I wonder if it'll tie into Agents of Shield. The current season features Ghost Rider, though Mephisto hasn't been name dropped yet.

Nothing will ever tie into Agens of Shield.

notthegoatseguy posted:

Daredevil-Season 1 is out now on Blu-Ray, but based on Amazon reviews, it is only worth getting if you haven't already seen it on Netflix over the past two years. The episodes are on the release, but that's about it. No special features or commentaries or anything else of that nature are included.

I mean gently caress, even Agents of Shield gets some lovely outtakes clips and stuff like that.

Netflix operates with the goal of getting everyone to pay them money to stream, not buy physical media. Though considering how fast House of Cards and Orange Is The New Black have come out previously it's ridiculous they're only just now getting around to letting people buy Daredevil.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Gyges posted:

Nothing will ever tie into Agens of Shield.

Netflix operates with the goal of getting everyone to pay them money to stream, not buy physical media. Though considering how fast House of Cards and Orange Is The New Black have come out previously it's ridiculous they're only just now getting around to letting people buy Daredevil.

Too bad a big company like Marvel or Disney doesn't own a part of Daredevil and can't have any part in decisions like that, I bet we could have gotten some cool behind the scenes footage then :\

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Daredevil
(j)Essica Jones
(Iron) Fist
(Luk)E Cage
(Pu)Nisher SQUEEEE
(Spi)Der-Man?!
Spells out 'DEFEND'

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Sjs00 posted:

Daredevil
(j)Essica Jones
(Iron) Fist
(Luk)E Cage
(Pu)Nisher SQUEEEE
(Spi)Der-Man?!
Spells out 'DEFEND'

Djironlukepuspi?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

HIJK posted:

Djironlukepuspi?

I knew someone was gonna do this ahahaha

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

that second d looks like the first d, so it's probably the two seasons of daredevl

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sjs00 posted:

Daredevil
(j)Essica Jones
(Iron) Fist
(Luk)E Cage
(Pu)Nisher SQUEEEE
(Spi)Der-Man?!
Spells out 'DEFEND'

You know it'll be kind of genius if Spider-Man gets a Netflix crossover. The actor is unknown enough it's entirely doable.

Hell we might finally get the Spider-Man/Punisher introduction which would be kind of awesome.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
The last D is for fan-favorite...

Diamondback is back with his own series you motherfuckers!

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

BSam posted:

that second d looks like the first d, so it's probably the two seasons of daredevl

So Elecktra, somehow, is what you're saying :dance:

Blazing Ownager posted:

You know it'll be kind of genius if Spider-Man gets a Netflix crossover. The actor is unknown enough it's entirely doable.

Hell we might finally get the Spider-Man/Punisher introduction which would be kind of awesome.

He's owned by..Sony, right? They're cheap! like, :10bux: cheap

AngryBooch posted:

I should probably finish watching (Luk)E Cage

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sjs00 posted:

Pretty sure that Marvel owns the rights to all their characters in non-movie format.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sjs00 posted:

Have you not been keeping up on current events so badly you don't know that Marvel basically got the character back for a % of the profits? I mean I'm not sure how you missed Spider-Man showing up in every other TV ad when Civil War was in theaters, or the fact there's a moving coming up by Marvel, etc., but I'm pretty sure if they put him in a TV show the deal would scale accordingly, or they worked something out like that.

This is even more the case when you consider you're not going to see a Spider-Man TV show, but rather, Spider-Man as apart of the Defenders, which is only 8 episodes long. If they use him like they used him in Civil War he'll be there for like an episode front and center, and then just apart of the final few, or something like that. It's not insanely far fetched.

ED: Also figure in the fact that Marvel REALLY wants to fix Spider-Man and get people to check out the movie despite Sony's making GBS threads on it, so having him make a few episode cameo in what will probably be one of the most watched Netflix show, in a spot Marvel is getting tons of acclaim, before his movie would be absolutely net-gain for Marvel, to the point they'd probably be willing to pay Sony their cut for a few episodes. It's really good marketing if they are indeed going for it as that logo suggests.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Nov 29, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marvel has had the TV rights and that's not at all how the movie deal works either.

Sony is making Homecoming.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

Marvel has had the TV rights and that's not at all how the movie deal works either.

It sounds like from a quick check that it's very much a co-operative effort. Marvel would not be throwing Robert Downey Jr. into the mix or announcing it alongside the other MCU titles otherwise. That said, I see no reason they wouldn't allow the character a few episode cross-over, same as they did with the movie. Even if it's a Sony movie, this is great advertising for it. I still say it's definitely not out of the question. I seriously expect they'll space it out (they have 6 characters to juggle) so we're talking probably an hour of screen time maximum, but that's fine.

PS: They had the TV rights but not the rights to the specific incarnation of Spider-Man. If they changed the actor and pretended the MCU events didn't happen, maybe, but as it stands they can't just yank the exact same character from the movie onto TV, they'd have to make their own take and I don't see that happening at all.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The younger, more optimistic version of Spiderman in MCU/Homecoming really doesn't fit the tone of the Netflix series. Doesn't seem likely he'd show up.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

HIJK posted:

Djironlukepuspi?

Netflix Marvel: Djironlukepuspi

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Doesn't Marvel Spiderman already have a logo font that looks nothing like that?

Also, between it's incredible cast, the fact it's a Spiderman movie, his cameo in Civil War, and the number of people who'll assume it's Iron Man 3.86 (with AoU being 3.5 and Civil War being 3.75), I don't think Spiderman" Homecoming's box office is in question.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah already Sony has rejected the guy that Marvel wanted to play Spider-man and the director iirc.

I do think people who say its going to be awful and bomb are being a little premature though

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

bloodychill posted:

The younger, more optimistic version of Spiderman in MCU/Homecoming really doesn't fit the tone of the Netflix series. Doesn't seem likely he'd show up.

But that's been the whole dynamic in comics forever, Spiderman's optimism versus Punisher/Daredevil's nihilism and darkness. Also Spiderman now lives in a semi-realistic simulcrum of Queens, so it would cover another area of a lower level type NYC.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Marvel film and Marvel TV clearly have a very real division. Outside of a handful of quick appearances in Agents of Shield, it is highly unlikely that any film character will ever appear on a Netflix series.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

It'll never happen (sadly) but when I was watching the darkest, rapey-est scenes in Jessica Jones it kept occurring to me that a hyper-violent talking raccoon could walk into the room at any moment.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Happy Hippo posted:

It'll never happen (sadly) but when I was watching the darkest, rapey-est scenes in Jessica Jones it kept occurring to me that a hyper-violent talking raccoon could walk into the room at any moment.

I wonder if Rocket and Groot would be able to resist Kilgrave.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Purple Man: "Take care of her."

Groot: *grows some fruit and a nest of soft flowery branches* :unsmith:

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah already Sony has rejected the guy that Marvel wanted to play Spider-man and the director iirc.

If you're referring to the guy from Civil War, you're incorrect. Unless Marvel had previous choices before Civil War that were turned down, but that would've been ages ago and I never heard about that. Also, Tom Holland killed it, so I'm happy either way.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

AngryBooch posted:

D Man.

Mentally unstable hobo who lives in a sewer.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Why does he look like Wolverine?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sjs00 posted:

Why does he look like Wolverine?

He was a pro wrestler and his manager ripped off Daredevil and Wolverine's outfits for marketing purposes. Then he got super strength and started hanging out with Captain America, who's then-sidekick treated him like poo poo. They lost touch and D-man had a mental breakdown and became a deluded hobo.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I'm catching up on Daredevil s2 and I just finished e4 where Karen and Spiderman Matt kiss in the rain and Elektra shows up.

Didn't Foggy and Karen have a thing? When did Foggy cede that relationship to Matt?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Didn't Foggy and Karen have a thing? When did Foggy cede that relationship to Matt?

It kind of got dropped once he started dating that other woman.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

notthegoatseguy posted:

It kind of got dropped once he started dating that other woman.
When did Foggy start dating someone else?

edit: n/m, just saw him having drinks with the woman in question.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Dec 3, 2016

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I actually watched the Daredevil seasons in reverse order- S2 first because S1 starts slow. It really worked because S1 speeds up only in the last few episodes. They were awesome though!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Finished Luke Cage over the weekend.
I was enjoying it until Diamondback appeared and then things took a nosedive.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Golden Goat posted:

Finished Luke Cage over the weekend.
I was enjoying it until Diamondback appeared and then things took a nosedive.

He worked better as a silent partner for Cottonmouth, he really didn't have enough screen presence to command attention (as opposed to Kingpin, who was a major force offscreen and even bigger and better onscreen). By the time he put on the goofy K-mart halloween costume I couldn't buy him as a serious threat. Even in the actual fight it looked like Luke was pulling his punches.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, even though they presented Diamondback as a true threat I thought the drive of that second half really was "Luke doesn't really want to hurt his apparently mentally challenged insane baby brother."

It was a weak idea, sadly that didn't live up to the Cottonmouth first half.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It felt like they didn't think of a strong enough reason for Luke to go after Diamondback since they already killed Pops to give him motivation to go after Cottonmouth so they just made them half brothers with a grudge.

In the end though they really quickly end the fight with DB and move to Mariah & Shades, who I liked a lot more as villians because they (Mariah mainly) used other ways to get at Luke aside from Judas guns.

Also please tell me Claire isn't going to meet with Iron Fist via a martial arts class she's going to attend.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Yeah, Mariah and Shades worked because they didn't go after Luke for a fist fight, they went for the people around him and in ways he wasn't prepared for.

Diamondback started off almost too strong with the magic bullet and they had to tone down the threat so Luke would win. Towards the end Diamondback was just a wacky villain smiling and talking about how crazy he was, but just wasn't fun to watch.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, even though they presented Diamondback as a true threat I thought the drive of that second half really was "Luke doesn't really want to hurt his apparently mentally challenged insane baby brother."

It was a weak idea, sadly that didn't live up to the Cottonmouth first half.

Most shows would have held off with the "I'm your half brother" reveal until right at the end, maybe not until after the final fight.

But Luke Cage? gently caress no! First appearance, Diamondback shoots him in the tits and screams about how daddy never loved him.

Subtle it was not.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Golden Goat posted:

Also please tell me Claire isn't going to meet with Iron Fist via a martial arts class she's going to attend.

By the time Iron Fist season 2 ends, I think we'll have to settle for the fact that at least Jessica and Claire didn't hook up.

Though by then Jessica Jones seasons 2 and 3 will have aired, so maybe not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

It felt like they didn't think of a strong enough reason for Luke to go after Diamondback since they already killed Pops to give him motivation to go after Cottonmouth so they just made them half brothers with a grudge.

In the end though they really quickly end the fight with DB and move to Mariah & Shades, who I liked a lot more as villians because they (Mariah mainly) used other ways to get at Luke aside from Judas guns.

No, but she can meet Coleen Wing.... And connect on from there.