Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It cracks me up that somewhere in a person's contract it stipulates what size their poster icon must be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
I just want a book of people's agents sending angry notes about name placement and poster icon size.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

MacheteZombie posted:

It cracks me up that somewhere in a person's contract it stipulates what size their poster icon must be.

I get the feeling studios encourage this poo poo because the alternative is just giving the actors more money.

Like how modern special effects houses are underpaid for the work they do but hey, at least everyone gets their names in the end credits now!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MacheteZombie posted:

I hope that those negotiations are the manager's doing and the talent doesn't typically care.
Of course they care if they are the lead and want to be featured but only the most psychotic actor would flip out over being 3% larger than the other guy instead of 5%.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Ho P.E. sounds like something that should have come out in that wave of stuff like Dodgeball, Balls of Fury, and Blades of Glory.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Darthemed posted:

Ho P.E. sounds like something that should have come out in that wave of stuff like Dodgeball, Balls of Fury, and Blades of Glory.

How about the one with Billy Bob & Sean William Scott, where Billy Bob's a rude ex teacher? U know what I'm talking about here?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mr. Woodcock!

I only vaguely recall this because I was wondering where the name "woodcock" came from. I watched this movie. But I couldn't tell you anything about it. Any scene I recall ends up being a scene from Eastbound and Down so.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CelticPredator posted:

Mr. Woodcock!

I only vaguely recall this because I was wondering where the name "woodcock" came from.

It's a bird.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

Mr. Woodcock!

I only vaguely recall this because I was wondering where the name "woodcock" came from. I watched this movie. But I couldn't tell you anything about it. Any scene I recall ends up being a scene from Eastbound and Down so.

That bad boy really ruled the "It's always on Comedy Central" timeslot

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

drat it Helen, I'm trying to sleep here.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

"Wait till Helen Comes" sounds like an early 90s sitcom.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It's a horror that replaced jump scares with Helen Hunt performances.

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I hope that those negotiations are the manager's doing and the talent doesn't typically care.
Of course they care if they are the lead and want to be featured but only the most psychotic actor would flip out over being 3% larger than the other guy instead of 5%.

This is definitely often the case. I worked on a production where one actor griped about the size of his trailer, so his agent complained and got him a trailer that was the same size of another actor who was a similar level of fame. However the lead actor of the thing was happy with his trailer, the smallest one available and when the first actor realised he got all embarrassed at his over zealous agent and downgraded himself to the same size trailer as the lead.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

a lovely king posted:

This is definitely often the case. I worked on a production where one actor griped about the size of his trailer, so his agent complained and got him a trailer that was the same size of another actor who was a similar level of fame. However the lead actor of the thing was happy with his trailer, the smallest one available and when the first actor realised he got all embarrassed at his over zealous agent and downgraded himself to the same size trailer as the lead.

It's like Goldilocks

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Palpek posted:

It's a horror that replaced jump scares with Helen Hunt performances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl7-fxVnDZw

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

Mr. Woodcock!

I think that's the one where he steals his girlfriend but not really?

And I'm not confusing it with Anger Management which also does that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Palpek posted:

drat it Helen, I'm trying to sleep here.

NC-17?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Turns out the title is a play on words, you see.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The moose drinking out of a toilet is a good poster. All the others are unnecessary.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Who's ever slept in a fridge?

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

Aphrodite posted:

I think that's the one where he steals his girlfriend but not really?

And I'm not confusing it with Anger Management which also does that.

I think you are thinking of School for Scoundrels with Jon Heder? Mr. Woodcock is the one where he marries or is dating Seann William Scott's mom, and he's trying to get them to break up. This job would be immensely easier if Thornton was stealing his girlfriend as well.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Guy Goodbody posted:

The moose drinking out of a toilet is a good poster. All the others are unnecessary.

Moose?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Bathroom with a Moose.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Santa's sleigh, pulled by eight tiny mooses

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Improbable Lobster posted:

Santa's sleigh, pulled by eight tiny mooses

I think the plural of moose is just moose

moooooooose if you need to get specific

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Office Christmas Party makes me irritated because the title is just so very lazy.
I know this is a big-ticket cash in for the cast because there is no way it's going to be a good movie.

Then again, even though the marketing has been obnoxious, the real thing may be good. TJ Miller gets a lot of credit with me.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
It helps that the cast is that right mix of funny and sexy as Hell. I don't know, I have positive expectations.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

They're for a Los Angeles art gallery exhibit titled "Sequel 2."

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
TV14 because Canada.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Please give me Being Jeff Goldblum and Tank Girl 2.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

DC Murderverse posted:

I think the plural of moose is just moose

moooooooose if you need to get specific

Moosi

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Only $50

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

this is what happens when you allow gay marriage: everyone is getting a gay divorce.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

The poster's pretty good, but man, that is an awful tagline.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation
I can't believe they fuckin' killed the car from cars.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Catfishenfuego posted:

Paul Newman died of natural causes.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I'd be more excited about that poster if I knew the movie wasn't Cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Catfishenfuego posted:

They will CGI over Lightning McQueen's brothers for the remaining scenes and the profits from the movie will fund all Disney films until Mickey Mouse becomes public domain.