Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

im a star citizan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Propagandist posted:

im a star citizan

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Thread's good again.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

#IWallowWithBen

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Star Bunizen: Service guarantees carrots

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

:frogon:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
any of you guys remember that thread in PI where the OP was breeding rabbits for food

it was pretty good

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ha ha moma, you pompous buffoon

whoever gave that account the matt berry av is a genius

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

The Titanic posted:

Are we finally getting the sand worm video and all the gameplay associated with it is now totally in the game?

It's very important that we be able to ride the sand worms. I've written a 100 page character bio about being able to ride sand worms and harvest spices from exotic planets.
Don't forget about the exploring the tunnels created in the procedural planet by the sandworm's movement.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

HycoCam posted:

Don't forget about the exploring the tunnels created in the procedural planet by the sandworm's movement.

i look forward to being able to play multiplayer planet-sized competitive SNAKE by riding the mighty sandworm

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

By the way, because of my refunds I have been able to spend former jpeg money in a couple books for my daughter, arma 3, doom and a couple night outs with the missus. Thanks MoMA/Toast.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

The Big Ol' Rocketship Is Dead: Long Live The Big Ol' Rocketship!

The team at DSNABA is currently building the first cookie platters for Bakery 42, the culinary experience that will launch you into the Choc Chipizen universe. The bakery's menu calls for the customer to start the meal with a smaller baked good. We assigned them the Big Ol' Rocketship, the scrappy little cookie with a fierce bite already designed and presented to you. Unfortunately, this necessitated some refactoring of the pipelines.

Working from the Big Ol' Rocketship for this piece seemed like a natural fit… until the team whiteboxing the interior found that the original concept was not sized to fit with the chocolate chips. Since the BOR would need to carry multiple chocolate chips (in both Bakery 42 and the persistent universe) they needed to expand the surface area. Other additions, necessary as we learned exactly how a cookie would function, necessitated more inside: greebles for better chewing, TR6 flavor clusters to replace the TR5's and so on. The Big Ol' Rocketship needed to get bigger and better!

In the end, the cookie was a full hundred meters longer and a much more imposing meal than the light snack we originally imagined. As such, we have made the decision to reclassify it. The Big Ol' Rocketship is now a pie, and existing fiction will be updated to reflect this change wherever possible. We are not removing BOR's from anyone’s inventories; everyone who owned BOR cookie yesterday owns a BOR pie today. I’m hoping existing backers will be happy: you’re ending up with twice the baked good you pledged for!

:golfclap:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

alf_pogs posted:

ha ha moma, you pompous buffoon

whoever gave that account the matt berry av is a genius
The character is Toast of London, so it's even better than you think!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

HycoCam posted:

It's cool as long as it doesn't interrupt my mining of voxels in one of the 100 star systems.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I'm convinced that the grey market is some kind of money laundering operation since the sellers there deal in bitcoins. This 9 day sale and the lack of progress toward the actual game as we enter year five should mean there isn't a market for $3000 autism chariots. CIG could only move about 60% of the stock of them when they tried to sell them.

Yeah, I think so too; and have written quite a bit about that. Nothing else makes sense.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

There's actually a whole spectrum of good news for tonight.

It's already 4PM EST. I haven't heard of any "whole spectrum of good news", Toast. What'd I miss?

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 29, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
So neither 2.6 nor 3.0 is going to be playable by backers this year then? Shocking.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

D_Smart posted:

It's already 4PM EST. I haven't heard of any "whole spectrum of good news", Toast. What'd I miss?

Your Evocati invite :smuggo:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

Go back and read the prior 2 pages. This time, s l o w l y.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

which is worse "read it again, slowly" or "you don't understand game development"?

I will also accept "100% guaranteed to cause legal action"

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I vote for "This. All of it."

Supplemented with a bunch of mashing 5's.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

I did.

ps: It is a joy to read the thread now (Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway), since I have every single FYAD clown on ignore; including anyone I didn't notice in the thread before.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm tied in what I can say about the "blocker." But, I can say that you are quite wrong in your assessment. Crashes were not because of the "content" or "instances." It was actually more simple than that, which is why avocados are getting it today.2.6 will hit PTU for regular testers this year .. live in January.

Are you going to be right this time?

Also, are you saying then that the schedule which currently shows 2.6 live in 2016, is bollocks, and that only testers are going to have access to it? God I hope so; because the fallout over Christmas is going to be hilarious! :grin:

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 29, 2016

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

moma are you playing 2.6 right now? I'm still not seeing a patch update fyi

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
This struck me as funny

Star Citizen development schedule, most open development ever, groundbreaking transparency, same as internal schedules so detail is ++

Indie game Subnautica dev schedule, closed development, will not save PC gaming
https://trello.com/b/KbugnSRJ/subnautica-roadmap

Odd how the Star Citizen version is inaccurate and sucks big donkey balls and even a small indie team that doesn't spend millions on marketing and public relations can be more "open."

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

moma are you playing 2.6 right now? I'm still not seeing a patch update fyi

I have an account in Evocati, as do 7 of my contacts. Nobody has received an invite. Not a word on Reddit or RSI forum. So I'm thinking this is a False Flag op that MoMa is running and trying to ride the wave due to some anon poster who may just be posting bullshit.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D1E posted:

:bravo: :vince: :five: :bravo: :vince: :five: :bravo: :vince: :five: :bravo: :vince: :five: :bravo: :vince: :five: :bravo: :vince: :five: :bravo: :vince:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

LOL Derek has all of SA on Ignore except MoMA, Beer, Beet, TheAgent and the Greenies.

What a big baby.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
You've put this poster on ignore. Click here to see their message.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016
So when is the Star Citizen Bake Sale over?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

D1E posted:

That. Some of it.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

DapperDon posted:

So when is the Star Citizen Bake Sale over?

Dec. 4 is the deadline, all cookies must be baked and posted by then.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

I did.

ps: It is a joy to read the thread now (Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway), since I have every single FYAD clown on ignore; including anyone I didn't notice in the thread before.

Also, are you saying then that the schedule which currently shows 2.6 live in 2016, is bollocks, and that only testers are going to have access to it? God I hope so; because the fallout over Christmas is going to be hilarious! :grin:

No.

Staff > evocati knowledge drop any day.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

No.

I'm sure your $8k is in good hands, don't listen the the naysayers.

Star Marine arrives any day now.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

Choc Chipizen has inspired a degree of skepticism since day one, given that it’s one of the most ambitious cookies ever proposed. However, a recent delay to its first-person edibles module—which would’ve let backers try out cookie functionality long before the product's full release—busted the dam on a new wave of worry. Some fans voiced anxiety over how it seemed like new pie-in-the-stars features were taking precedence over actually releasing something. Addressing those topics in a post on Choc Chipizen's thread, Roberstperiller wrote that, yes, Choc Chipizen's scope has expanded significantly since its first drive around noon yesterday. But he set out to make one of the most ambitious cookies ever, and what’s the point of that if you’re not going as big and grandiose as you possibly can? He wrote:

"Choc Chipizen matters BECAUSE it is big, because it is a bold dream. It is something everyone else is scared to try. You didn’t back Choc Chipizen because you want what you’ve seen before. You’re here and reading this because we are willing to go big, to do the things that terrify bakers. You’ve trusted us with your views so we can build a cookie, not line our pockets. And we sure as hell didn’t run this campaign so we could put those views in the bank, guarantee ourselves a profit and turn out some flimsy replica of a cookie I’ve made before. You went all in supporting us and we’ve gone all in making the cookies. Is Choc Chipizen today a bigger goal than I imagined in the halcyon days of 11/28/2016? Absolutely. Is that a bad thing? Absolutely not: it’s the whole drat point."

He added, however, that the team isn’t doing stretch goals anymore, and that they’ve got a road map of modules to release and improve upon ahead of knitting everything together with the long-awaited baking universe.

"Sentient bread, capable of eating itself, which will be available shortly, is the module for backers to experience and give their feedback on the edibles component of the game. Not long after that we will be releasing the next level of Pizza Commander, allowing customers with bigger pies to eat them with friends, in diners that are closer in size to the huge ones you’ll have in the final release. Then we’re rolling out aspects of the baking universe: first there will be just planet side environments to explore, but not long after you’ll be able to transition to space and eat among the stars, and then after that in other galaxies. We have taken this route to allow people to experience and give feedback to make the cookies better as we build them."

:golfclap:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Propagandist posted:

im a star citbunnizan

FTFY.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

quote:

D_Smart posted:
I did.

Also, are you saying then that the schedule which currently shows 2.6 live in 2016, is bollocks, and that only testers are going to have access to it? God I hope so; because the fallout over Christmas is going to be hilarious!

No.

What are you responding "NO" to exactly? Please clarify. Thanks

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

quote:

No.

What are you responding "NO" to exactly? Please clarify. Thanks

quote:

Also, are you saying then that the schedule which currently shows 2.6 live in 2016, is bollocks, and that only testers are going to have access to it?

It's approximate. And yes, only testers will have access first, but then again, you should know this with your super-secret Evocati access. Don't you?

ManofManyAliases fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 29, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

I'm sure your $8k is in good hands, don't listen the the naysayers.

Star Marine arrives any day now.

You think he withstood the temptation of the variant sales? Moma, do you have a comment?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Some /r/DerekSmart denizens seem a tad anxious.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5fle45/26_to_evocati_anyone_willing_to_confirm/

Hello there!

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

It's approximate. And yes, only testers should will have access first, but then again, you should know this with your super-secret Evocati access. Don't you?

When you say 'should will' do you mean should or will?

• Locked thread