Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

loving :laffo:x100000000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Maw posted:

Haha sometimes you make good posts moma. You're alright you are.

Please note, I've never said a bad thing to him. Unless you count me saying him saying he visited his parents and they were fine as a sad loss of a punchline...

Actually, I don't think I have said anything bad to anyone but the ONE goon on my ignore list.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

people telling me that star marine was not up for testing

wait a minute

are you saying...

that star marine is not in the 2.6 evocati build

lol

Well do we really need to hold CIG accountable for what 2.6 is supposed to really have even if they say it?

It's not easy making a stand alone FPS module in the CryEngine, an engine built from ground up for FPS games. CIG is competing against ea after all, who is running an active FUD campaign that is killing the veracity of their otherwise Rockstar grade programming department. The only reason we don't have Star Citizen 100% done today is because the workers cry for 15 hours of their 16 hour shift, rubbing tear streaked fingers over Twitter posts and blogs saying the game is a scam.

I for one do not care if anything is in 2.6 that was promised to be in 2.6, because Chris is making this game for me. His blood, sweat, and tears can easily be seen as he waves frustrated hands at the video taped board meetings. This thing, that thing, the terrible chat interface. It's all things already fixed in the secret build.

In fact, I'm donating my kidneys to this game because deep down, I really loved Dune and Star Wars, and every other idea that CIG will only make better once they include it in the gaming version of the Mona Lisa.

If you want to read more, please join my blog. And remember to retweet #cymelionwasright and donate all of your critical body organs to Chris Roberts. The verse is real, and I'm going to live in it, and I'll just be resurrected as a bald white man in my Citizen life and frankly I am ready for it.

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Nov 30, 2016

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

I don't think he knew SM wasn't going to be in it :D

ManofManyAliases posted:

I mean, technically speaking 2.6 will be released.
I dunno man

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
lol at this whole fuckin project

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
yea its the web based version, which does

oh

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Send help, I'm loving dying here! :laffo:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
does it do VOIP? coming soon (just use mumble you voice locusts)
does it do guilds? well kinda sorta but yeah you can add friends n stuff and maybe some type of org thing but dont use that its fuckin broke
does it do PMs? YES IT DOES YOU FUCKIN BET
does it resolve tickets for people who have paid over $1,000 into this poo poo? kinda I guess!

whoa

amazing work there

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

aleksendr posted:

Every patch is the Jesus patch. The one i'm really looking for is when the first ship buyable with in game money get released.

:allears:

I don't even think they listed that as one of their fake and bullshit milestones they have no intention of adhering to. If it doesn't even make the goofy list, you're easily looking at CIG going under before their cold, dead fingers can be pried away from more :airquote:concept sale:airquote: money. The only thing CIG is good at developing is hideous greed and complete incompetence.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

Send help, I'm loving dying here! :laffo:

Yeah, he was on my Discord trolling us earlier today. Clearly he's not in Evocati, and had no clue that SM wasn't in it. :smuggo:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, he was on my Discord trolling us earlier today. Clearly he's not in Evocati, and had no clue that SM wasn't in it. :smuggo:

Yeah, that's great.

Where's the blog Derek?

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

quote:

gh0u1 posted:
Riiiight. Because a, what you say has any weight or meaning in my life, and b, what any of those rejects think of me matters. I'll give you one chance to tell me why I would ever listen to what a bunch of no-life retards have to say.

Is he talking about goons or the folks at CIG?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

HycoCam posted:

Is he talking about goons or the folks at CIG?

Not regular goons.

Goons who hang out on Derek Smart's Discord.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
Did anyone not think Spectrum would be delivered and work? Spectrum is being developed by Turbulent, correct? Turbulent seems to have knowledgeable and experienced employees on staff. What Turbulent delivers works. Heck if it didn't--spergs would have had a hard time buying and CCU ships.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

D1E posted:

What was the blocker? The entirety of Star Marine?

Probably. They solved that by removing the blocker it seems.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

HycoCam posted:

Did anyone not think Spectrum would be delivered and work? Spectrum is being developed by Turbulent, correct? Turbulent seems to have knowledgeable and experienced employees on staff. What Turbulent delivers works. Heck if it didn't--spergs would have had a hard time buying and CCU ships.

A2M (Behaviour Interactive)

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Just putting everything in one place.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Are you trying to post into relevancy again? Please do tell everyone here that they shouldn't read my posts anymore. I missed that.

ManofManyAliases posted:

There's actually a whole spectrum of good news for tonight.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm tied in what I can say about the "blocker." But, I can say that you are quite wrong in your assessment. Crashes were not because of the "content" or "instances." It was actually more simple than that, which is why avocados are getting it today.2.6 will hit PTU for regular testers this year .. live in January.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I mean, technically speaking 2.6 will be released.

ManofManyAliases posted:

What can I say. It is, in fact, live for evocati...

ManofManyAliases posted:

Hey 'the agent,' where was your info on this? Just out of curiosity?

ManofManyAliases posted:

Go back and read the prior 2 pages. This time, s l o w l y.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I too have spent thousands of dollars on space ships in a game I don't think I'll ever play. But I can't wait for this new INTERNET FORUM SOFTWARE!!! :homebrew:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

HycoCam posted:

The funniest thing is that it's a preemptive "the grapes were sour anyway".

This guy just keeps pilling them up.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

We'll never burn dinner again, we promise!

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Solis posted:

Man these guys are weasels. They closed my refund request ticket, saying the money had been issued on the 18th, and it hadn't. I emailed them back and the reply I got was that it had already been processed simultaneously with an email from paypal saying I had money from CIG. Glad I'm done with these fucks.

Congrats commando

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Nov 30, 2016

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

i choose none of the above

for 2.6 and 3.0 lol

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

So wait. Which, if any, of the headline features are actually in “2.6”?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Currently arguing with another Twit on Twitter, that Real Gremlich chappie. Idiot wants me to prove I am not Derek. As I am only one of his toxic alts (THAT'S A JOKE FOR YOU CITIZEN TYPES, BTW!), I posted the following.

Seriously, Derek, EIGHT years? That IS the long con!

EDIT: Oh, yeah, the TwiAge page.

Bet I have been on there longer than that Twit has.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 30, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tippis posted:

So wait. Which, if any, of the headline features are actually in “2.6”?

The new bar. Maybe.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheAgent posted:

I dunno man

I expect MoMA will be back soon with the CIG company shill line...."See, 2.6 was released. We didn't say in detail what all was going to be in it."

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ripptide posted:

I expect MoMA will be back soon with the CIG company shill line...."See, 2.6 was released. We didn't say in detail what all was going to be in it."

Well, technically...

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MeLKoR posted:

The funniest thing is that it's a preemptive "the grapes were sour anyway".

This guy just keeps pilling them up.

Because CIG is so loving hilariously incompetent and outstandingly terrible, and the only progress they make is in the number of promises they continually break each day, Derek gets poo poo like this from mean people.

Reddit dudes reading the thread: if CIG was so successful would you be wishing this kind of stuff on anybody, even Derek? Probably not, you'd be playing the game and having a "lol Derek was wrong!" moment.

Now flip this logic and understand that Derek's influence here is absolute zero. He has no control over how CIG continually screws up. He is not lying to you behind a 130 million dollar, multinational corporation with like 16 shell companies. Saying dumb poo poo like this about him or anybody is not helping Star Citizen suddenly be everything it should be!

It's CIG, guys. CIG is lying to you, in power points, in speeches, in YouTube videos, in press releases. Everything they say is probably less than 15% truth. They say this because lying is how they get your money! Is Derek taking your money? Is Derek profiting like a bandit here?

Remember the old crime saying: Follow the money. Guess where the trail leads?

It leads to loving CIG and 16 or so shell companies.

Nobody cares if you pick on Derek for what he says, but don't go so stupid you wish people dead or hateful things on them. It's just mean. Be nice in your hate reddit. It's just 1% of a video game you're being a complete dick over.

And also, if Derek dropped dead tomorrow, what do you think is going to happen? Do you seriously think Star Citizen will suddenly appear out of thin air? No, it won't. :(

If you want to fix the problem, go bang on CIGs door and ask, "Why are you lying about everything???" Because we all want to know that answer! :shrug:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

They're dancing. And there's a green screen.

Can anyone work their creative magic?

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/799472237380243456

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

The Titanic posted:

Because CIG is so loving hilariously incompetent and outstandingly terrible, and the only progress they make is in the number of promises they continually break each day, Derek gets poo poo like this from mean people.

Reddit dudes reading the thread: if CIG was so successful would you be wishing this kind of stuff on anybody, even Derek? Probably not, you'd be playing the game and having a "lol Derek was wrong!" moment.

Now flip this logic and understand that Derek's influence here is absolute zero. He has no control over how CIG continually screws up. He is not lying to you behind a 130 million dollar, multinational corporation with like 16 shell companies. Saying dumb poo poo like this about him or anybody is not helping Star Citizen suddenly be everything it should be!

It's CIG, guys. CIG is lying to you, in power points, in speeches, in YouTube videos, in press releases. Everything they say is probably less than 15% truth. They say this because lying is how they get your money! Is Derek taking your money? Is Derek profiting like a bandit here?

Remember the old crime saying: Follow the money. Guess where the trail leads?

It leads to loving CIG and 16 or so shell companies.

Nobody cares if you pick on Derek for what he says, but don't go so stupid you wish people dead or hateful things on them. It's just mean. Be nice in your hate reddit. It's just 1% of a video game you're being a complete dick over.

And also, if Derek dropped dead tomorrow, what do you think is going to happen? Do you seriously think Star Citizen will suddenly appear out of thin air? No, it won't. :(

If you want to fix the problem, go bang on CIGs door and ask, "Why are you lying about everything???" Because we all want to know that answer! :shrug:

I think what you're getting at here is that I have quite a long time to wait to fulfill my lifelong dream of playing a game where I hide in a crate in space.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Scruffpuff posted:

I think what you're getting at here is that I have quite a long time to wait to fulfill my lifelong dream of playing a game where I hide in a crate in space.

You're looking at pretty much never. :)

CIG is not going to make this dream come true. Nor will I be riding sand worms. Both our dreams will be in vain, friend. :3:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
I wonder what happened to 2.7, 2.8 and 2.9.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

orcinus posted:

I wonder what happened to 2.7, 2.8 and 2.9.

seven ate nine

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I think I honestly have more faith that E:D will consume all of SC's core features (open universe, person to person combat, boarding, quests, trading) than I do that SC will even be released in any form. And that's saying something because I pretty much take E:D for feature complete at this point.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

I'd suggest you may want to look into alternatives at this point.....

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Posting from the past, a bit. (Caution: Drunk post, been to a stag do)

Not that I give half a poo poo, but Computer engineer? That sounds suspiciously like one of those made up job titles, akin to Subway Sandwiches "Flavour technicians" or "Sandwich engineer" or "Pastry architect".

It's a bit like calling a Gynecologist a "Vagina miner" when they stumble upon a gold dental filling. I'm going off the subject a bit, but my point is that "Computer engineer" as a job title/description sounds like they wanted to state their vast pretend knowledge of electronic hardware to gain authority and awe (maybe even a pokey bum wank) amongst the less electronically savvy without actally having a clue what they were talking about.

I imagine their actual occupation resides somewhere between "PC world checkout staff" and "Unemployed". :shrug:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Depends on the country I guess, over here there is a distinction between "computer" and "software" engineers, the former are more hardware oriented with a much smaller programming component.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tokamak posted:

seven ate nine

And then suffocated.

• Locked thread