Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Fatkraken posted:

SHOW US THE COOKIES

It is still in the pipeline.

I do actually kind of like to say something because I sort of get annoyed sometimes when I see this pop up in comments like “Oh cookies are cancelled or where’s Sentient Bread!?” Sentient Bread was just a baked good for people to eat the flour-based elements of Choc Chipizen until we could combine everything together: Flying, walking around, eating, doing all the rest of the stuff, all together, that is what is in reality 2.0, that’s what is reality 2.1.

With CC Alpha 2.0 onwards, you have basically what we were planning to do from Choc Chipizen and from the very very beginning. If you could go back and look at the original pitch we didn’t say “Hey we’re doing Sentient Bread“ We said we will have flour-based elements and cookies, well you have flour-based elements and you have cookies right now and so what’s really happening is there will not be features that will only be for Sentient Bread outside a sort of competition mode and scoring that isn’t going to be in the game and so we’re actually rolling out the Sentient Bread features.

E:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sarsapariller posted:

I do actually kind of like to say something because I sort of get annoyed sometimes when I see this pop up in comments like “Oh cookies are cancelled or where’s Sentient Bread!?” Sentient Bread was just a baked good for people to eat the flour-based elements of Choc Chipizen until we could combine everything together: Flying, walking around, eating, doing all the rest of the stuff, all together, that is what is in reality 2.0, that’s what is reality 2.1.

With CC Alpha 2.0 onwards, you have basically what we were planning to do from Choc Chipizen and from the very very beginning. If you could go back and look at the original pitch we didn’t say “Hey we’re doing Sentient Bread“ We said we will have flour-based elements and cookies, well you have flour-based elements and you have cookies right now and so what’s really happening is there will not be features that will only be for Sentient Bread outside a sort of competition mode and scoring that isn’t going to be in the game and so we’re actually rolling out the Sentient Bread features.

E:

Well, it's obvious from this that they are going to deliver.

*pledges for 2500 cookies*

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

[QUESTION] I'm not really into Space Games per see, but I anticipate, in light of this Recession, it might benefit me to explore the possibilities inherent in Star Citizen visavi the Real Life Economy, by which I primarily refer to Self-Employment and the profitability of Careers InVerse if you will, and what Your thoughts are of the viability of Financing not just the Game by playing, but also the Support of one's household

[CHRIS] Ummm well, it won't be in 3.0 or probably uh, tup tup 3.1 but we're like thinking of some really cool stuff

:nyd:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

A cat clipping through some food in space. That's a very good image for this thread.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Your requisite I.N.R.I Addendum: if your family actually act like family and are not toxic, deadbeats, or otherwise detrimental to your life and mental health, you should totally call them. Otherwise, remember why you cut them out of your life, and leave them there.
You don't owe them anything just for sharing some DNA. Reconciliation is for Lifetime movies.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

"Give the gift of prime" :yikes:

Here... 2^132049-1

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
DISCO: Hello backers and welcome to the holiday stream! Today we are joined by the head Emperor himself, Chris Roberts!

*Chris is shown with a strained, wide smile on his face. His bloodshot eyes are wide open, vibrating. A tiny stream of spittle is leaking from his clenched teeth*

DISCO: Chris, the internet is talking non-stop about 2.6. But some, and I hate to say trolls but we all know who they are, are saying that 2.6 is in fact not the giant leap forward we promised. What do you say to that?

*Chris continues to sit still, staring ahead with a maniacal expression. Disco pats him on the shoulder, making him jump three feet off his seat*

CHRIS: MOTHERFUCKER DON'T YOU EVER TO--*looks at camera and calms down*--Yes, Yes I do random employee.

DISCO: I'm Disco Lando...I've been with this project...

CHRIS: Yes yes I'm sure that is fascinating. But I am here to dispel some of the flagrant lies that have been spread around the internet about my masterpiece. And because this is the holiday season I find it only appropriate to say...

*Chris takes a deep breath and puts on his best fake smile*

CHRIS: 2.6 was inside us all along.

DISCO *Nodding, sagely*: Heavy stuff man. I think speaking for myself, and all the backers who have kept this project alive, that we knew all along 2.6 was inside us. Okay, so now we will...

*Chris fiddles with his hands as Disco continues to talk.*

CHRIS: Inside us all. *louder* INSIDE US ALL!

*Chris smacks table, startling Disco.*

DISCO: Um..

CHRIS: I'll prove it! Prove it to you all!

*Chris takes out a dagger and plunges it deep into Disco's gut. Chris starts to tear the dagger upwards*

CHRIS: IT'S INSIDE US! INSIDE US! I'LL SHOW YOU IT'S INSIDE US!

*Chris starts to spill the insides of Disco onto the desk as the livestream cuts out*

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Propagandist posted:

The United States of America.

Yes they are.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

DISCO: Hello backers and welcome to the holiday stream! Today we are joined by the head Emperor himself, Chris Roberts!

*Chris is shown with a strained, wide smile on his face. His bloodshot eyes are wide open, vibrating. A tiny stream of spittle is leaking from his clenched teeth*

DISCO: Chris, the internet is talking non-stop about 2.6. But some, and I hate to say trolls but we all know who they are, are saying that 2.6 is in fact not the giant leap forward we promised. What do you say to that?

*Chris continues to sit still, staring ahead with a maniacal expression. Disco pats him on the shoulder, making him jump three feet off his seat*

CHRIS: MOTHERFUCKER DON'T YOU EVER TO--*looks at camera and calms down*--Yes, Yes I do random employee.

CHRIS: Yes yes I'm sure that is fascinating. But I am here to dispel some of the flagrant lies that have been spread around the internet about my masterpiece. And because this is the holiday season I find it only appropriate to say...

DISCO *Nodding, sagely*: Heavy stuff man. I think speaking for myself, and all the backers who have kept this project alive, that we knew all along 2.6 was inside us. Okay, so now we will...

*Chris takes out a dagger and plunges it deep into Disco's gut. Chris starts to tear the dagger upwards*

*Chris starts to spill the insides of Disco onto the desk as the livestream cuts out*

Excellent catte sir

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Sandi can't even hid her contempt for her "husband" lol.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Sarsapariller posted:

E:

I ate another of my cookies today. It was one of the trees. Actually I ate a tree and a couple of the small cutout cookies too, I had a nice time. Tomorrow I might tackle the Aeon Eagle.

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
people are playing star marine right now and also completely unable to play star marine right now

sounds about right for a cig release

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

D1E posted:

Well, since you're one of the prime enablers in the Greenies and administrator of his Smart Community, you certainly would be one of the first to defend him.

Lazrin, is that you?...

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

did laz even come back to :smug: after the demodding?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I don't think so :(

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Which is basically a bigger disappointment than literally everything about SC

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
here's some loving crazy opinions

new DOOM good
watch dogs 2 good
titanfall 2 good
call o duty meh
battlefield 1 good
final fantasy good
world of warcraft legion lol
swtor expansion good
star citizen good

thanks for hearing me out

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

TheAgent posted:

new DOOM good
watch dogs 2 good
titanfall 2 good
call o duty meh
battlefield 1 good
final fantasy good
swtor expansion good
star citizen good

Forgot Dishonored 2. You can pick up bottles and lob them at people's heads. And knock dudes unconscious and throw their bodies off rooftops.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

TheAgent posted:

new DOOM good
watch dogs 2 good
titanfall 2 good
call o duty meh
battlefield 1 good
final fantasy good
swtor expansion good
star citizen good

You missed Hyperdimension Neptunia re:birth off that list. I've been having a blast fighting the Console Wars of Gamindustri.

(Disclaimer: It's a jrpg. And while it's very jrpg, it's also pretty funny and witty.)

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

This is all very boring without constant public fuckups by cig staff

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I think I figured it out guys. I figured out why this is the most open game development ever. We (i.e. the public) know exactly as much about the game as chris & co. on tv youtube do.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Tokamak posted:

Strange that no one has posted the patch notes, or there has been much chatter about the FPS stuff (or really any other part of the patch). Citizens love to feel like insiders, and having special access to stuff (even MOMA does it). So you'd think one of them would be only too happy to let us know how much fun they are having and what we are missing out on. Even if it's only to gloat over the Derek and the doubters. I guess we will see in two weeks, if we are any closer to release. It will be quite a test of faith.

The patch notes are tailored to different people involved in the evocati. There are minuscule changes in the text, copy and content designed to lead to those who leak the notes. Same goes for evocati test builds.

I was not incorrect in claiming that 2.6 was going live to Evocati.
Also, StarMarine is technically in the build:

"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Demien/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Echo11/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Loadout/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Loadout/terraintexture.pak",

However, the actualy FPS StarMarine is not ready for testing in this first evocati build. It'll come though.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Free Lazrin.

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.
SO I may have missed it somewhere in the thread but what ever happened to Solar Plebian?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

ManofManyAliases posted:

Technically correct, the best kind of correct

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

ManofManyAliases posted:

There are minuscule changes in the text, copy and content designed to lead to those who leak the notes.

Most open development ever

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Agree with this though

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I will go one better.
The game may or may not come out. The game may or may not be as advertised. The game may or may not be good.

Whew now I too will always be technically right no matter what happens.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I will go one better.
The game may or may not come out. The game may or may not be as advertised. The game may or may not be good.

I do'nt know how you expect us to take you seriously if you won't name and prove your sources for this

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Norefund14days posted:

SO I may have missed it somewhere in the thread but what ever happened to Solar Plebian?

It was too good of a game so EA had it sabotaged

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

The patch notes are tailored to different people involved in the evocati. There are minuscule changes in the text, copy and content designed to lead to those who leak the notes. Same goes for evocati test builds.

I was not incorrect in claiming that 2.6 was going live to Evocati.

"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Demien/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Echo11/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Loadout/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Loadout/terraintexture.pak",

However, the actualy FPS StarMarine is not ready for testing in this first evocati build. It'll come though.

Ironclad TOS proclamation!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

spacetoaster posted:

Sandi can't even hid her contempt for her "husband" lol.

$700 Chloe sweater on Ms. Gardiner there. The backers will never know.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I will go one better.

Don't forget to breathlessly storm in the thread to post "called it" whenever anything happens.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Technically, star marine is already in the game. You have FPS. Stop asking about it, you're annoying chris.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Lol imagine having to make a slightly different patch for each tester, so your boss can catch filthy leakers

How do you even do that, how can anyone test anything when no two versions are the same

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

This year? :D

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Daztek posted:

This year? :D

It'll def be live for evocati and certain PTU testers this year.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

ManofManyAliases posted:

Why do some PTU testers get it before others?

• Locked thread