Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
Got my 5 tickets, figured I'd burn them now and try my luck for the event CEs, make grinding a bit easier.

Got Zouken 4* CE, Kariya 4* CE, Kriei 4* CE, the 5* event CE... and Ishtarin out of nowhere.

So I now have my first gold non-welfare Archer. Feels pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Twib posted:

Got my 5 tickets, figured I'd burn them now and try my luck for the event CEs, make grinding a bit easier.

Got Zouken 4* CE, Kariya 4* CE, Kriei 4* CE, the 5* event CE... and Ishtarin out of nowhere.

So I now have my first gold non-welfare Archer. Feels pretty good.

Wow, nice. I also had kinda good luck with the 6 tickets I spent today (5 from the cubes and 1 from the mail) and got a second Chevalier D'Eon and Stheno. Considering I've gone through many 10-pulls in the past without a single 4*, 2 from just 6 single pulls is pretty good.

edit: I have a kind of general question regarding NP levels. I know that leveling up to 2 lets you charge to 200%, but when is this actually worth it? Isn't it almost always better to just use it at 100% and charge it to 100% again (unless you ended at like 95% and your next turn got you to 180% or something)? Also, what extra benefit is conferred from level 4 and 5 NPs, since I think 3 opens up to 300% charging?

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 1, 2016

Twib
Dec 24, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Wow, nice. I also had kinda good luck with the 6 tickets I spent today (5 from the cubes and 1 from the mail) and got a second Chevalier D'Eon and Stheno. Considering I've gone through many 10-pulls in the past without a single 4*, 2 from just 6 single pulls is pretty good.

edit: I have a kind of general question regarding NP levels. I know that leveling up to 2 lets you charge to 200%, but when is this actually worth it? Isn't it almost always better to just use it at 100% and charge it to 100% again (unless you ended at like 95% and your next turn got you to 180% or something)? Also, what extra benefit is conferred from level 4 and 5 NPs, since I think 3 opens up to 300% charging?

Generally, unless the secondary effect of the NP is that useful, you totally just want to use it at 100% and then charge it again. As mentioned before, increased NP level increases damage, and it's only at level 5 can you charge it to 300% bar.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Ytlaya posted:

There is a difference between NP Level and Overcharge. Increasing the NP Level flat out increases the base effect of the NP, whether that be a higher damage multiplier, a bigger heal, or a higher chance of debuff. You always want a higher NP level unless it's someone where it doesn't really matter like Waver.

Meanwhile Overcharge affects, as you might have guessed from the name, the Overcharge effect. Every single NP has a secondary effect. Excalibur, for instance, will restore part of Artoria's NP gauge. The secondary effect does not scale to the NP Level, so even a NP Level 5 Excalibur will still only restore 20% NP upon use. But if you get the bar up to 200%, it'll restore 27.5%. And if you hit 300%, it'll restore 35%.

Since you're wondering when you would actually use this, I assume that means you don't know how Noble Phantasm Chains work. If you were to do a NP-NP-B chain, the second NP gets a free 100% added to it from the first. And if you were to do NP-NP-NP, the third NP would get a full 200% added. Because of this, you can even get NP1 Servants to 300% charge. And if you have a NP5, the maximum Overcharge possible is 500%.
If you're curious, at 500% Excalibur restores 50% of Artoria's NP gauge.

There are a couple of Servants with extremely useful Overcharge effects, with the most famous being Robin Hood prior to his NP glitch getting fixed.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 1, 2016

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
https://news.fate-extella.jp/2016/12/01/dlc04/

New dlc outfits for Extella, mainly for the guys.

For the 3 we care about.

https://twitter.com/katayudekun/status/803897336044732416

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Lord, I am swooning at EMIYA and Iskander, HOT drat

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

I never thought Amakusa would be my favorite servant during an event, but him being Tuxedo Mask complete with entrance SFX is miles away the best part thus far.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Uh please refer to him by his proper name of SANTA ISLAND MASK.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I thought he was part of the 1* Alliance at first even though he's 5*

That being said, I'm glad that all Mozart is good for is his third ascension mask

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Mozart third skill is amazing.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Crazy Theory: Romani Archiman was the human host for the Fuyuki Grail War's Ruler, Solomon.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Excellent observation, moonspeak reader.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Nyaa posted:

Excellent observation, moonspeak reader.

Hahaha, I can barely read the kanas, I'm just going off the summaries online.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What is the best way to get fruit cakes for this event? It seems like the last 40AP one doesn't drop them, and the first 40AP one only gives like 8-10 per run, even with Lancer Jeanne Alter in my party. I seem to remember the equivalent being a lot easier to get in the last event (I think there was at least a craft essence that increased its drops).

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

What is the best way to get fruit cakes for this event? It seems like the last 40AP one doesn't drop them, and the first 40AP one only gives like 8-10 per run, even with Lancer Jeanne Alter in my party. I seem to remember the equivalent being a lot easier to get in the last event (I think there was at least a craft essence that increased its drops).

The newest (third) 40AP quest does, in fact, drop them, though the quantity isn't great.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I might still not have gotten any 5-Star Servants, but at least I finally got the last copy of Holy Night Supper to drop. :smith:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Mashed through my monthly tickets and was very surprised to see Ishtar.

Too bad she's going to join the rest of my golds on the bench. I've got bronzes and silvers to max, drat it! :argh:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I just checked, and I'm only missing four 3-Star Servants to have all the Servants ranked 3 and below. And one of them I'll get for free when I finally manage to complete Camelot.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Okay, what the actual gently caress, I got the white ticket, why can't I exchange it for a permanent Santa Lily?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Have to beat the main story first, which will unlock in a day or two.

Also save up those chocolate cake cause her copies cost 5 cake each.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Goddamnit, I am eating a goddamn log cake tomorrow for my cheat day. :mad:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

why does god drat every bronze and silver servant need so much loving dust

why can't you assholes want proofs or fangs instead, I have tons of those

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
My bottleneck is QP as I'm focusing on my 5*'s. I need something like millions and millions to bring Okita's 2nd and 3rd skill from 6 and 7 to 10's.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Alright, event complete. All I need to do now is to empty out the rest of the prize draws and shop.

Except for the rewards that require log cakes.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I got an extra copy of the 5-Star Event CE. Should I keep it or burn it/feed it to another CE?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's +10% crit and NP damage. No reason not to keep it if you've got a good Servant for it.

Also fully ascended Geronimo, Asterios, Billy, and Sanson. Pretty fruitful event. :toot:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Why in god's name would you waste mats and XP cards on Geronimo :negative:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Because he's a real American hero. :colbert:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Because he was nice enough to not want dust.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Wait, the christmas event only stays for a week?
I just cleared Orleans :ohdear:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Better get cracking then.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The event itself is relatively easy to clear if you just want to get the welfare. Slam through the story quests, then roll the Christmas gacha fishing for the grand prizes. Reset the lottery as soon as you get them (though that really depends on your luck), and once you get the white ticket you're done.

If you want to get her to NP5 or get the event CE fully ascended with an early game team though.

Uh.

Good luck?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

If you want to get her to NP5 or get the event CE fully ascended with an early game team though.

Uh.

Good luck?

Challenge accepted :colbert:

Good thing I have 175 apples

The team is not as early game as "just cleared Orleans" sounds luckily. I just don't like playing the story chapters. So much trash, so little rewards

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 4, 2016

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Am I the only one who mentally thinks of Asterios as "Fluffy"?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Well he is.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The school quarter's winding down, so I'm gonna try and summarize another order again. Since the Orleans translation has resurrected, it's off to Okeanos.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Bloomberg talks about FGO:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-04/psst-sony-has-a-hit-that-s-as-big-as-pokemon-go-in-japan

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

FGO's chances of an english version going from "absolutely zero" to "possible" is p. cool.

Also it took the Pokemon comparison for me to finally realize the game's name is Fate Go.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

I approve of their taste in waifus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Tarezax posted:

I approve of their taste in waifus

Stheno was my only gold for a long time, and my first full ascension. Sign me up for the Stheno Appreciation Station.