Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Lladre posted:

No.

It's some chat or scoreboard stuff.
You can see at the very end some of the letters peep past the black box.

The gameplay shown isn't in Around the Verse, and yes there's a chat box up there or something, but to me it's now more possible this is extra footage filmed for Around the Verse as the UI seems to match better than the offline Star Marine. Which given the choices are Derek/TheAgent are wrong or CIG or some hardcore Citizen faked it, and the logo definitely has been shown on Around the Verse...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Propagandist posted:

I feel like we're watching an episode of DBZ, and Derek and MoMA are screaming at each other while powering up.

One of them is Yamcha and the other a saibaman, but I'm not sure who is who

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

drluv posted:

Caterpillar is amazing - very functional

Going to be fun to play with the fully functional economy and trading system that they have.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

When you realize that all this bluster is over whether or not a 140 million dollar international company has managed to make a very basic 4v4 FPS in cryengine after 5 years of crunch development, it's pretty hilarious.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

The gameplay shown isn't in Around the Verse, and yes there's a chat box up there or something, but to me it's now more possible this is extra footage filmed for Around the Verse as the UI seems to match better than the offline Star Marine. Which given the choices are Derek/TheAgent are wrong or CIG or some hardcore Citizen faked it, and the logo definitely has been shown on Around the Verse...
I told ya, I got 2 people or so saying they can't play and other people saying they are pew pewin right now

I don't know what to believe anymore

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

You don't have evocati, otherwise you'd be playing SM right now.

Who at CIG is lying to you, or are you lying to us?

They showed Star Marine on a LAN during the live stream, reminder December 2013 they showed Arena Commander on a LAN it wasn't until August that backers got it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Going to be fun to play with the fully functional economy and trading system that they have.

You put the box in, you take the box out. Cargo is in compile it and ship it

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Hey quick question because I'm stupid and I'm confused.

Can anyone like... play Star Marine like right now? I mean other than CIG devs or something. If you're some sort of special tester that signed a No Diggity Agreement, could you literally play Star Marine

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

TheAgent posted:

I told ya, I got 2 people or so saying they can't play and other people saying they are pew pewin right now

maybe only the truly worthy get to play it

maybe evocati suffered a split almost as tragic as INN

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Right. Compare the date of the ATV broadcast to the release date of the 2.6 Evocati build and compare the UI in the video release by Parias.

Regardless, the GIF video is not from the 2.6 Evocati build. The video (of hacked files) that Parias posted, appears (because no official Evocati 2.6 SM video exists yet) to be from that build.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

Your ownage continues and I am the latest victim

Serious post (for once!): you really are the best poster on the SA forums, bar none. You're always funny, witty, gracious, and often self-deprecating. You make the very best videos, and your Twitter responses to Shitizen trolls are hilarious but genial. You also seem like a genuinely interesting person in your work and personal life.

Everyone loves pgabs.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

:gary:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

Agent - for what it's worth, I still don't believe you have any significant ties to CIG. However, to be fair: many companies release multiple builds for testing in this stage of alpha. Different groups of testers are targets for a variety of aspects and then that data is collected for use in a later build that will go out to a larger test-group. I wouldn't be surprised if some people can play SM and others couldn't.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

D1E posted:

Serious post (for once!): you really are the best poster on the SA forums, bar none. You're always funny, witty, gracious, and often self-deprecating. You make the very best videos, and your Twitter responses to Shitizen trolls are hilarious but genial. You also seem like a genuinely interesting person in your work and personal life.

Everyone loves pgabs.

Aside from his massive anger issues. :argh:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

Who at CIG is lying to you, or are you lying to us?

They showed Star Marine on a LAN during the live stream, reminder December 2013 they showed Arena Commander on a LAN it wasn't until August that backers got it.

Put yourself in my shoes belt: Why would I answer this? Even jokingly?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D1E posted:

Everyone loves pgabs.

Serious post: Thanks! I love everyone in this thread, it's just layers on layers of different characters and it's brilliant :) All underpinned by a colossal slow train wreck that we all get to enjoy for free, it's just win win.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

ManofManyAliases posted:

No, but that's not what you originally claimed. Want to talk about revisionist history?

You made claim, after claim, after claim that SM WASN't in the build like, at all. LIKE AT ALL. And you were so sure of your pompous self because you have 70,000 evocati accounts.

GTFO already you pathetic, pathological liar.

wtf.

you're supposed to be owning derek not weak pedantry that qualifies for an instant self-own. Not my MoMA.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

It's not from AtV

The GIF matches the UI from that SP SM leak

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

Put yourself in my shoes. Why would I answer this? Even jokingly?

Are your shoes infinite adjust like your belts? I want to be sure before I commit to wearing them.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Propagandist posted:

Hey quick question because I'm stupid and I'm confused.

Can anyone like... play Star Marine like right now? I mean other than CIG devs or something. If you're some sort of special tester that signed a No Diggity Agreement, could you literally play Star Marine

The devs can play it

QA can play it

Anyone with special access (regardless of Evocati invite) can play it

So, the notion that "people are playing it right now" is 100% plausible.

What's in contention is: are "people in Evocati playing it right now". And if they are, they it's plausible that it's either via the hack (as per Parias video) or via a new build they pushed after the first build

It's all semantics and obfuscation. And MoMA is a liar (we already know this).

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

drluv posted:

Well, sorry I just had to quote this.

more than just a 4v4.

70-90 fps on a mid-range machine

hangars now load fully in less than 5 seconds

Caterpillar is amazing - very functional

Define "Mid range". Some "PC master race" consider mid range to be i7 with a 1060 GTX , 12Gb ram and a SSD.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Agent - for what it's worth, I still don't believe you have any significant ties to CIG. However, to be fair: many companies release multiple builds for testing in this stage of alpha. Different groups of testers are targets for a variety of aspects and then that data is collected for use in a later build that will go out to a larger test-group. I wouldn't be surprised if some people can play SM and others couldn't.
I don't have any significant ties to CIG, so you are 100% correct again

you are on fuckin fire lately

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

Pot loving kettle LOL

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

peter gabriel posted:

Are your shoes infinite adjust like your belts? I want to be sure before I commit to wearing them.

No, I wear very nice fitting leather-bottoms. Would Allen Edmonds suffice as a daily?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

wtf.

you're supposed to be owning derek not weak pedantry that qualifies for an instant self-own. Not my MoMA.

That's why I ignored him. He's just having another meltdown. Because, you know, the Star Marine files being in 2.6 build, totally means that it's an official playable release that nobody needs to hack. And furthermore.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

AP posted:

My apologies I thought you meant the upper right box was to block out the around the verse logo.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

The devs can play it

QA can play it

Anyone with special access (regardless of Evocati invite) can play it

So, the notion that "people are playing it right now" is 100% plausible.

What's in contention is: are "people in Evocati playing it right now". And if they are, they it's plausible that it's either via the hack (as per Parias video) or via a new build they pushed after the first build

How come you didn't answer me? I didn't lie in the past 10 pages or so. Why aren't you trying to refute me? ANSWER MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

No, I wear very nice fitting leather-bottoms. Would Allen Edmonds suffice as a daily?

That would be superb, yes

*googles Allen Edmonds*

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

That's why I ignored him.

100% echo chamber now confirmed

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Put yourself in my shoes belt: Why would I answer this? Even jokingly?

Ok, how come you spent something like $12k on Star Citizen and you didn't get an evocati invite?

They should sell the invites with the Idris, Javelin etc, this is a money making idea I fear they missed.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Checks out, considering I'm only talking to myself like 95% of the time

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Daztek posted:

It's not from AtV

The GIF matches the UI from that SP SM leak

Check the 10:08 time index.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

How come you didn't answer me? I didn't lie in the past 10 pages or so. Why aren't you trying to refute me? ANSWER MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ask him where the 100% guaranteed to get legal action blog is again. I'm sure most everyone in the thread is real eager to see those financials.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

Ok, how come you spent something like $12k on Star Citizen and you didn't get an evocati invite?

They should sell the invites with the Idris, Javelin etc, this is a money making idea I fear they missed.

I'm not actively participating, even though I was invited. I didn't download a test build and didn't sign an NDA.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm not actively participating, even though I was invited. I didn't download a test build and didn't sign an NDA.

Why not?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

Check out sex tape.

Am I the only one who sees hilarious yet deeply disturbing parallels between Donald Trump and Derek Smart?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

wow that intro video is really terrible, it reminds me of the days when every website had to have a horrible flash intro page

Now we'll probably see the difference between a "fan page" and a "fan page supported with $$$ from the company the fan page is about".

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Busy at work? Life? Honestly don't have the time to dedicate to testing and providing bug reports.

*says this while browsing a dead, gay, comedy forum*

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Lladre posted:

My apologies I thought you meant the upper right box was to block out the around the verse logo.

Well I dunno, this most open development and transparent thing is all very confusing considering the NDA and absolute refusal to comment on basic stuff like "what's in the new patch being tested guys?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

moma lemme tell you a story

there was this absolute goddess of a girl that used to work at the bar I went to all the time

she went out on a date with a very handsome, successful dude who drove a tesla and had a huge house and made a shitload of money and looked great on paper

for their first date he took her out to help him shop for pocket squares at tom ford

she didn't give him a second date and ended up with a guy that wore star wars tshirts and flip flops (well rainbows so thats somethin I guess)

don't be the tom ford first date dude moma

• Locked thread