Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Propagandist posted:

I feel like we're watching an episode of DBZ, and Derek and MoMA are screaming at each other while powering up.

:same:

This last few pages the war has become an us vs them thing, where anybody can actually be as humorous or deceitful as they'd like. We're a few pages away from fist fighting.

Thread warfare cats:

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

Then they also started using paid subscriptions to distribute pre-release builds.

Where your paid alpha becomes a paid alpha.

Seriously, my $30 in this poo poo heap is beginning to feel really loving dirty.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

I'm Derek Smart and not only do I know everything there is to know about Star Citizen, I have already written various blogs about everything there is to know about Star Citizen.

I live, drink, eat, and sleep Star Citizen. It's my only purpose in life.

Ask me anything.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

I like the current MoMA - and this isn't even his final form!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Propagandist posted:

Hey quick question because I'm stupid and I'm confused.

Can anyone like... play Star Marine like right now? I mean other than CIG devs or something. If you're some sort of special tester that signed a No Diggity Agreement, could you literally play Star Marine

I don't know... but my gut tells me a very strong "maybe"!

You can take that to the bank of Almost Always and cash it!

Also, I'd have to assume that Star Marine is in the game because it is probably the easiest thing for them to make as a stand alone module/game. It's an arena shooter after all, and they have 300 or so employees. It should be mostly easy for them to make. :)

Really though, building an FPS arena shooter in an FPS arena shooter engine that has tools out of the box to make a multiplayer arena shooter game is not like the second coming.

If it's in... good job at making it finally? Should have been years ago (probably even the first thing since it's the easiest and has the most support and tutorials for things).

If it's not in... it's probably coming soon. I can't imagine they'd let it become another crutch, because it's a no brainer to have out.

If anything, by the end of Star Citizen the FPS portion should be the most highly detailed and advanced, simply because it's an FPS game in an FPS engine, with more tutorials on how to do things FPS related than CIG has dollars. Though it may be getting close! :)

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016
Man, he really got owned there.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Hav posted:

Are they at the level of 20 v 20? That's what I was playing this weekend for the princely sum of $9.99.

So you're merely reporting heresay as prima facie? You don't get why this is ironic?

The difference is what I reported in terms of a patch drop, etc. actually came true. I'm waiting to hear from Derek's FL Attorney General for "investigations."

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/787765375605829632
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/788508928619446272
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/792074238928846848

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/804358691516547072

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

ManofManyAliases posted:

The difference is what I reported in terms of a patch drop, etc. actually came true. I'm waiting to hear from Derek's FL Attorney General for "investigations."

Careful what you wish for, I hear he's a Four Star Attorney General and he also knows karate.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/804035516714909699
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/804035920643162126
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/804038851333423104

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Looking forward to this feature.

I want to be in the hood of a space ship in a box during a massive firefight, playing a game of a guy having a massive firefight in the hood of a ship on my mobiglass [???]. There will be a box in my virtual fight and I will open the box and inside the box will be another virtual me. I will shoot virtual me and then my virtual character will stop because I killed myself in the Star Citizen world.

The real me will look away from the monitor, sweaty, out a window to see another me looking inside the window and there will be lightning and then the other me will be gone. In its place will be a Tesla, with Derek Smart looking in and holding out his hand as he says "Welcome to Star Citizen."

I enjoyed this.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

D1E posted:

Nah. I just don't kiss his rear end.

And nope.

I unironically think you're cool - but then I'm a worthless poster so that doesn't help you all that much

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

crisp roberts posted:

Man, he really got owned there.

Mr Roberts sir! :patriot::a2m:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Ayn Marx posted:

I unironically think you're cool - but then I'm a worthless poster so that doesn't help you all that much

I don't think you're worthless, and I do hope your family is well.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

I think there's a pretty big difference between having some pak files for SM in the game and it actually being playable tho

like there's a ton of stuff you can datamine that's not in the game right now, but I don't think anyone considers that "in"

star marine was going to come out at some point, but months ago peeps were saying it wouldn't hit the pu until early next year

as of right now, a full pu 2.6 release won't hit until early 2017, which means a full pu 3.0/beta release q3/q4 next year/early 2018

at that point this game or beta or alpha or early access or whatever will have been in development seven years

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015
Star Citizen
:sandance::cig::lesnick:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Thread's good again.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

So it is true! Love can bloom on the battlefield!!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Propagandist posted:

Thread's good again.

https://i.imgur.com/aqYeTlu.gifv

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Fat Shat Sings posted:

you shut the gently caress up, we need 600,000 words devoted to the specific terminology and semantics used when describing and introducing it.

Very well ;
code:
for count := 1 to 150000 do
begin
  Writeln ('Its garbage on fire');
end;
There you go. 600,000 words.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Propagandist posted:

Thread's good again.
moma refactored into thread savior, he's p cool

although a little pretentious when it comes to clothes/shoes/whisky/video games

tbf if you're asian ain't much to do around here besides hit up south coast so i can't really fault him

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

D1E posted:

100% echo chamber now confirmed

Last time goons banned and ignored all voices of dissent they spent 300 thousand dollars on star citizen

Cant wait for 2017 goon poo poo show. Keep up the good work, remember: hate EVERYTHING they show, never budge an inch on agents or dereks predictions

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
salt citizen

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I thought it was a joke before but derek really is your leader

Lol

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Madcosby posted:

Lol

you thought lazrin was joking?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Corvettes, frigates, etc why the emphasis on using outdated (c.2946) naval ship terminology? Oh right, the creative bankruptcy.

But really, after a point all these military spacecraft are just spacey spaceships. The class system doesn't exist so CIGs classing is arbitrary. More importantly the game dynamics don't exist for all the different specialized "roles" they talk about.

The vision was broken from the beginning. They were never going to be able to make a good game. The capabilities of the game they wanted to make are impressive, too bad they don't have the talent/the technology simply doesn't exist.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Madcosby posted:

Last time goons banned and ignored all voices of dissent they spent 300 thousand dollars on star citizen

Cant wait for 2017 goon poo poo show. Keep up the good work, remember: hate EVERYTHING they show, never budge an inch on agents or dereks predictions

TheAgent posted:

star citizen good
as reported in my july blog

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Shut down this sub-forum.

Pizza gate

Pizza gate

Kentucky fried chicken and a pizza gate

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is the sad but bitter truth of a fan site not backed by the mother company and made by an Internet marketing corporation.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Can someone link me to the start of the most recent MoMA v Derek thing

I got behind for a few days

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

I think there's a pretty big difference between having some pak files for SM in the game and it actually being playable tho

like there's a ton of stuff you can datamine that's not in the game right now, but I don't think anyone considers that "in"

star marine was going to come out at some point, but months ago peeps were saying it wouldn't hit the pu until early next year

as of right now, a full pu 2.6 release won't hit until early 2017, which means a full pu 3.0/beta release q3/q4 next year/early 2018

at that point this game or beta or alpha or early access or whatever will have been in development seven years

Star marine has existed in the network profile code for years

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Madcosby posted:

Lol

#notallgoons

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

oh my god

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

I like finished games I can play.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Ayn Marx posted:

ManofManyAliases posted:

I don't think you're worthless, and I do hope your family is well.

Nobody is a worthless poster. :)

Thank you for your kindness as well MoMA! It's always nice to see people treated well in an otherwise stormy atmosphere that seems to shift daily with regards to who is the target today.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

The UI is the livestream is way different.

How about the UI in the Illfonic SM stream?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Can someone link me to the start of the most recent MoMA v Derek thing

I got behind for a few days

Dont bother. Its a fight on wether SM is in 2.6 or not. Both argue on the definition of the term "in the build". MoMa argue its "in" since you can find *.pak file referencing it in the build while D_smart argue "it is not" since there are no details leaked from the Avocados and having assets in the files and using them in a playable manner are different thing. Everyone secret sources give conflicted answers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

King of Cheeses posted:

Star Marine is the defining aspect of 2.6.

Example: http://imperialnews.network/2016/10/starmarine/

There's amazing mental gymnastics from some posters on the F:D Star Citizen Thread that its plausible a developer might not know if Star Marine is in 2.6 or not. I just can't see it. I'm sure its big news in the company. They've also tried to shift the narrative from "Star Marine is not in 2.6" as meaning its not accessible or playable to "Derek said Star Marine does not exist but it does, you've just got to hack the game and you can run around the levels." Its some kind of crazy to even call that Star Marine without multiplayer interaction using server and network code.

If Star Marine turns up in a later build I'd call that out as being 2.7 as its a significant update.

CIGs game development is so open not even their own devs know what they just released to the backers.

• Locked thread