Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samizdata
May 14, 2007

alphabettitouretti posted:

Thanks to my sources I've gotten a super exclusive peek at 2.6.

Please do not share this I don't want my sources to get burned.

Fake. No mixing machine and no Hairy Roberts. Prove that is a RSI bar/pirate lounge!

EDIT:Pirate Bar feline remittance.

Cheap off brand bar cat, mind you, but this IS SC.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Lounge Bar definitely seems like the type of ultra creative name croberts would give to a lounge/bar.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

"confirmed ships Game progress can go backward, that's what you meant, right?"

FTFY.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Lounge Bar definitely seems like the type of ultra creative name croberts would give to a lounge/bar.

I dunno it's a bit left field for him 'Cantina' maybe, with alien elephants playing cyber trumpets and poo poo

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
My thoughts on Star Marine, in the game or not:

If it's a separate module (game), I'm not sure if it's a good idea for CIG to do. They really need to focus on getting the good and tight FPS gameplay inside of their PU game. If they do that, they would be making good progress towards the eventual conception of something resembling their concept.

If it's literally it's own thing, totally disconnected from the main game and PU, I feel like they are rehashing Illfonic again. These things don't snap together like Lego bricks unfortunately.

Star Marine stand alone would signify a huge waste of resources, and an entirely separate game they would then need to support. They already don't do much with Arena Commander. Making an FPS arena game is not this huge colossal achievement; if it is stand alone. It would be another staggering hurdle they would need to maintain.

They should drop Arena Commander and Star Marine and roll it all up into making the PU an actual game that is fun to play and supports the player count they hope to have. Splitting the player base and more importantly their focus is going to be detrimental to the game.

I guess once Star Marine is in the wild people will be able to tell if it's integrated into the PU engine at a core level or if it's really just a CryEngine stand alone game.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

peter gabriel posted:

I dunno it's a bit left field for him 'Cantina' maybe, with alien elephants playing cyber trumpets and poo poo

Are you Chris Roberts all this time? Hiding amongst us mere non-millionaires (except some here) and making cute videos! Only The Roberts has original ideas like this. Next thing you're going to suggest is that this Cantina be a home to scum and villainy, aren't you?? :ohdear:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

I guess once Star Marine is in the wild people will be able to tell if it's integrated into the PU engine at a core level or if it's really just a CryEngine stand alone game.
if the pu mechanics are still stuck in 2.5 and only star marine has the new 2.6 fps stuff I'll die

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://twitter.com/commando_tom/status/804399742541266948

:laugh:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

The Titanic posted:

Are you Chris Roberts all this time? Hiding amongst us mere non-millionaires (except some here) and making cute videos! Only The Roberts has original ideas like this. Next thing you're going to suggest is that this Cantina be a home to scum and villainy, aren't you?? :ohdear:

You're one in a million kid, great job on the parseks WOO HOO

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

if the pu mechanics are still stuck in 2.5 and only star marine has the new 2.6 fps stuff I'll die

Hopefully not, but I have a feeling that will be the case. :shrug:

They really like doing tons of work and wasting resources on totally useless things and ideas. Hopefully there will be backers who may realize that as well and pull out while the pulling is good.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Yes. I meant right in the lol. Sorry, my keyboard is very small and sometimes rereading my posts can be blah. I really need a legal department who can review it for me before I hit the button, then I'll probably be safe. I'm sorry! :3:

Yeah, but the costs in belly rubs can get brutal.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Hav posted:

Where your paid alpha becomes a paid alpha.

Seriously, my $30 in this poo poo heap is beginning to feel really loving dirty.

Well that's only the half of it. Your paid alpha becomes a pre-paid pre-alpha :smuggo:

btw, wb

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

peter gabriel posted:

You're one in a million kid, great job on the parseks WOO HOO

I knew it!

Don't worry, your secret is safe with me, friend. :ssh:

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

every time you post btak quotes my heart leaps with joy but my scrotum does this little corkscrewing cringe thing.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Mirificus posted:

In this thread, ideas that where found out to be bad 15 years ago by other games.

I wish this game to be everything they asked for and fail one year after release due to the whales refusing to pay for the massive infrastructure it will require since it was promised as a "pay only once"

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

The Titanic posted:

I knew it!

Don't worry, your secret is safe with me, friend. :ssh:

:wookie:

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
from a presumably disgruntled caterpillar owner on r/starcitizen_leaks

PARKING
SENSOR

A Neurotic Corncob fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Dec 1, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

PARKING
SENSOR

loving :lol: BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEP "OK honey we are at the supermarket and everything is fine"

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

These are the same people that hate fun in E:D and freak out whenever anyone finds a way to make money at a reasonable rate.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Lladre posted:

People do not become pirates because of their strong work ethic. So you'd have a lot of downtime while you procrastinate, raping and pillaging, till the last possible minute before your run out of :catdrugs:.

In fact, that is WHY you do GO pirate. "Cap'n? We are out of nyborg!"

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

PARKING
SENSOR
lol how much did this ship cost to purchase or preorder or pledge or whatever

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

They're totally tying themselves in knots.

quote:

The video isn't proof that SM is activated "in this build". Its only proof that the assest and gameplay mode are in there. Technically he's right; as long as CIG (or de avocado's) can't confirm that SM is "active and playable" in the current build it's not there. (or is it....... schrodingers star marine?)

quote:

I disagree. Even if CIG would state that SM is active and playable, Derek and his lackeys will simply claim that it is only active in a new build and still wasn't active on day one.
No amount of proof will be enough for Derek and his lackeys, unless CIG states was in before something is in the hands of the Evocati. And even that wouldn't be enough. CIG would need to remove the NDA completely to make Derek shut up about something not being in. Frankly, I think that is actually what Derek wants. He is saying all this to get the NDA removed. With the NDA removed he probably hopes that the media will again report about the patches, especially on how buggy it is. All Derek does has an ulterior motive to try to cause a refund cascade.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 1, 2016

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

PARKING
SENSOR

I can't even ...
What ?

So what happened to normal sized parking sensors ? Like this ? Sure a space ship is slightly bigger than a car , but the technology would be improved by whatever year this is set in

Why am I even over thinking this when we have space pings to find space mines

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

PARKING
SENSOR

This is it, this is the peak. It can't get any better, can it?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

PARKING
SENSOR

Yeah, but SM is totally in though. According to pgabz, the print screen button just doesn't work there.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Females?

Females.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

:popeye::eyepop:

He was a big time shill too..amazing :getin:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Hahaha, is this the same ConfusedMonkeh idiot that's been posting on Derek's offsite doxxhaven?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Wuxi posted:

This is it, this is the peak. It can't get any better, can it?

Your not thinking like a true Citizen. What we should ask now is "Can i disable someone Parking Sensor and prevent them to land so i can ambush them and trap them in my space dungeon for RP reasons ? Asking for a friend."

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

here's the gay leather bar MoMA was talking about earlier.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

here's the gay pick-up bar MoMA was talking about earlier.

I can literally hear the eurotrash playing.

unce unce unce unce
ya whoa did ehp boyyyyyy
unce unce unce unce

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Pretty sure I made out with a hefty broad there in my mid 20's, is that place in Philly?

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

his nibs posted:

:popeye::eyepop:

He was a big time shill too..amazing :getin:

Old school shill too. He's the Cymelion of 2015 era. He was always getting posted in the thread, as he was constantly hate buying expensive ships whenever a deadline was missed.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, but SM is totally in though. According to pgabz, the print screen button just doesn't work there.

ManofManyAliases posted:

The blog, Derek. 100 - percent - legally - actionable - blog.

I spaced it out for you so you don't have to fetch your reading glasses.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Derek - I smell you typing up 1000 words from here. Let me save you the trouble:

Please don't respond unless you provide any of the following:

-you have proof of an investigation (e.g.: a photo of documentation pertinent to CIG et al.)
-you have a signed letter from a lawyer to CIG with your demands
-you photograph your evocati access with your name and today's date - signed by you (which is LOL since you stated your own computer laptop can't even run your shitbox of a game, LOD.
-MRI of your positronic, AI neural net, mathematical-logic brain

I'll wait.

ManofManyAliases posted:

No, but that's not what you originally claimed. Want to talk about revisionist history?

You made claim, after claim, after claim that SM WASN't in the build like, at all. LIKE AT ALL. And you were so sure of your pompous self because you have 70,000 evocati accounts.

GTFO already you pathetic, pathological liar.

Let's go Derek. Why are you ignoring me? DEREK SMART DEREK SMART DEREK SMART

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Cudos to the 3d Artists. It really convey the whole "Shithole bar" athmosphere. Make me think of the Yellow Flag.

• Locked thread