Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I'm going to have to side with my friend MoMA in this matter regardless of facts because lol at issuing official statements about why you blocked a postee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

TheAgent posted:

citizen kane
godfather part 2
indiana jones and the last crusade
wing commander

list checks out

what kind of artless philistine puts wing commander last like that

it belongs first, come on man

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D1E posted:

He already said he's unwilling to doxx the NDA.

Humans? Sure.

Papers? gently caress no.

Yeah he said that because he is full of poo poo.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

I was just tellin him what derek said man

Gotcha.. Well, there's the update anyway.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I'm surprised no one has said Citizen Tane yet

D_Shart
Nov 30, 2016

Ayn Marx posted:

I'm surprised no one has said Citizen Tane yet

Only retards say t*** so you are doing well on your quest to be the biggest idiot of the thread.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Jason Sextro posted:

list was alphabetical not in order of greatness

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

I didn't read Derek's novella (as usual) so can someone point out exactly what claims he's toxxing over?

Derek says he has access to the evocati build as do others and multiplayer Star Marine ain't in it.

Moma says his source says it is and won't toxx. Moma also says he's been invited to evocati but hasn't signed the NDA and so can't check himself.

Derek mentioned if he posts proof not only would that be bad as a game developer as it's breaching NDA but would potentially leave him up the creek legally.

Personally I believe Derek and think Moma is either being lied to or getting Derek wound up enough to break the NDA was the plan all along, but obviously people will make their own minds up.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The best thing about this epic slapfight is that it doesn't matter one bit, because you'd have to drown in kool aid before seeing SM as anything but a giant turd
And its sooo much worse than the Ilfonic demo they showed like 20 months ago anyway. Yay for progress

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jason Sextro posted:

Save the best for last, dude. You're not going to be able to watch lesser films for a long time after watching Wing Commander.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
The NDA cannot be broken for it is ironclad.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Wuxi posted:

The best thing about this epic slapfight is that it doesn't matter one bit, because you'd have to drown in kool aid before seeing SM as anything but a giant turd
And its sooo much worse than the Ilfonic demo they showed like 20 months ago anyway. Yay for progress
it also doesn't matter because its a video game

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I don't believe for a moment that MOMA hasn't signed the NDA because you actually sign it automatically just by visiting their website.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

D_Shart posted:

Only retards say t*** so you are doing well on your quest to be the biggest idiot of the thread.

Thanks, please keep me updated on my progress if you find the time

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

aleksendr posted:

Your not thinking like a true Citizen. What we should ask now is "Can i disable someone Parking Sensor and prevent them to land so i can ambush them and trap them in my space dungeon for RP reasons ? Asking for a friend."

Rape: the inevitable consequence of parking sensors

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

TheAgent posted:

it also doesn't matter because its a video game

My 11 pages of shitposts itt tell me otherwise :colbert:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Wuxi posted:

Yes, it doesn't matter as far as the module goes, but it's all been a bit weird. If the GIF was faked then the intention behind it is odd, why bother considering evocati stuff leaks anyway after a few days?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

AP posted:

Derek says he has access to the evocati build as do others and multiplayer Star Marine ain't in it.

Moma says his source says it is and won't toxx. Moma also says he's been invited to evocati but hasn't signed the NDA and so can't check himself.

Derek mentioned if he posts proof not only would that be bad as a game developer as it's breaching NDA but would potentially leave him up the creek legally.

Personally I believe Derek and think Moma is either being lied to or getting Derek wound up enough to break the NDA was the plan all along, but obviously people will make their own minds up.
I choose to believe that Sandi made one of the QA guys record Star Marine so she could post it and make Derek look like a fool because this is the funniest option.

Derek thinking that the video was Photoshopped is a close second.

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

D_Shart posted:

Only retards say tane so you are doing well on your quest to be the biggest idiot of the thread.

tane. You said tane, ive said tane. Congrats Sir.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
This development is so open that no one has any idea what is or isn't happening in the current build of the game.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I think it should be in the official SA forum rules that anyone who gets fired as a mod and then issues a press release explaining how they were railroaded by a shadowy conspiracy and that they were a great mod, the BEST mod, should be loving permabanned and pointed at/laughed at forever.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ghostlight posted:

I don't believe for a moment that MOMA hasn't signed the NDA because you actually sign it automatically just by visiting their website.

No, Evocati access has a separate NDA.

2DCAT posted:

This development is so open that no one has any idea what is or isn't happening in the current build of the game.

Yeah, it's like a bad ep of Truman Show

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

2DCAT posted:

I'm glad of it.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

thatguy posted:

I didn't read Derek's novella (as usual) so can someone point out exactly what claims he's toxxing over?

if you make less than 5 posts per page for the next 10 pages, he'll be banned

D_Shart
Nov 30, 2016

D1E posted:

I think it should be in the official SA forum rules that anyone who gets fired as a mod and then issues a press release explaining how they were railroaded by a shadowy conspiracy and that they were a great mod, the BEST mod, should be loving permabanned and pointed at/laughed at forever.

Agreed get this cucklefuck out of here so we can finally have some balance on this forum.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Kakarot posted:

Fat chance

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I will :toxx: my account that Derek can't provide definitive proof that he can log in and play on the evocati server, cause I'm 100% sure he's full of poo poo.

:rip:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

No, Evocati access has a separate NDA.

Yeah, it's like a bad ep of Truman Show

LOL he answered for real. You know, I'm thoroughly convinced that he's fully embraced middle age and just lost the Warlord spirit that was once in him.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Kakarot posted:

Space Court.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

thatguy posted:

Space Court.

Thats the spirit

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

No.

the latest build to go out is actually only SM enabled. No PU.
soooooooooo

edit: It's the third build out so far. It's live for evocati now.

Only SM in a build? That would be a seperate branch then and not part of 2.6

Since SM is supposed to be a seperate game mode within a game, I've always imagined that the 2.x/3.x whatever always related to the actual game and not seperate code branches for dlc components. Why do they have such convoluted and inefficient practices at CIG?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

2DCAT posted:

It's in if you REALLY believe in Chris Roberts. You do believe, don't you?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

There's something people need to see before you consider Fat Shat's suggestion:

come on over to UMFP and say that like a man

Also Indiana Jones is totally overrated and has nothing to do with this thread being high octane garbage.

But I do recommend the new movie forum as it's movie chat without the insufferable 35,000 word treatise on Zizek and Nietzsche when invoking the symbolism on why Shrek's belch had food particles in it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

D1E posted:

The shadowy conspiracy was me showing the insane stuff he writes in this thread to people in fyad and by extension the mods and admins who read fyad for the lulz. :-]

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

You're all right in my book, MOMA

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

The shadowy conspiracy was me showing the insane stuff he writes in this thread to people in fyad and by extension the mods and admins who read fyad for the lulz. :-]
That's not a conspiracy.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

thank you for getting me through another workday, thread

:lol:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Fat Shat Sings posted:

come on over to UMFP and say that like a man

Also Indiana Jones is totally overrated and has nothing to do with this thread being high octane garbage.

But I do recommend the new movie forum as it's movie chat without the insufferable 35,000 word treatise on Zizek and Nietzsche when invoking the symbolism on why Shrek's belch had food particles in it.

I'm not a man, I'm a five thousand year old gay dragon.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

Thank you for your service :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Samizdata posted:

Then I should pat you on the head, take the furs off your feet and walk you back to the firepit, since you couldn't POSSIBLY get back there on your own, amirite?

According to some people, apparently not. I hope it kills them to know there are highly successful women in the world. I hope there are women in their lives who can look down on them with sufficient contempt that the only thing that makes them sleep at night is the mere thought that if they asked her "think quick, right hand!" they would be justified in dreaming that a woman's place is in the kitchen sand not in "mans world".

That's my Kokoro wish. :>

• Locked thread