Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Real hurthling! posted:

set the controls to be only on the left stick with movement switching to aiming when you draw your gun. i was having a hard time with it until i did it and then it became really good feeling and natural. it does not play well imo as a 2 stick game.

I'm playing with mouse n' keyboard and it feels good so far - I mean, outside of no moving while shooting. But that's a kind of clumsiness that's making it feel more atmospheric, so it works!

Made it to the second typewriter after the church bells rang and the zombies quit attacking me, and y'know....this is a good game. Dated for sure, but appealing nonetheless and I yelped a few times when zombies lunged at me, so it's definitely working that atmosphere. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I cannot wait to play Death Stranding just to figure out what the hell is going on there

I have a feeling playing the game may not actually help but that's OK

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRwP0P5j05g

:bisonyes:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Monkey Fracas posted:

I cannot wait to play Death Stranding just to figure out what the hell is going on there

I have a feeling playing the game may not actually help but that's OK

from what i can tell the nazis have covered themselves in whale guts and spilled oil all over and turned hannibal into an umbilical feeding apparatus for soldiers so del toro needs to take a magic baby through the sewers to save him from being plugged in

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Real hurthling! posted:

from what i can tell the nazis have covered themselves in whale guts and spilled oil all over and turned hannibal into an umbilical feeding apparatus for soldiers so del toro needs to take a magic baby through the sewers to save him from being plugged in

Pfffft, tame. I thought this was supposed to be a Kojima joint.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I can't even begin to figure out what type of game Death Stranding will be but it looks pretty cool

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

I can't even begin to figure out what type of game Death Stranding will be but it looks pretty cool

well its on some sony engine according to some rumors and the reveal that cerney is a producer so it will probably be a cinematic adventure or action game like knack

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

This looks brilliant

glam rock hamhock posted:

We don't know because they haven't shown any actual game yet, just concepts.

Its gonna be a 3rd person adventure game exactly like MGS except way trippier and with less shooting, calling it now.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I still haven't played the other DLC for that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

same. i hear its good though. love the main game

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ciaphas posted:

It's alright. The controls are very slippery, it's a love-it-or-hate-it kind of thing.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You two need to play Plague Knight. So good. Granted Plague Knight does take some time to get use to because he can be one slippery bastard to control.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shindragon posted:

You two need to play Plague Knight. So good. Granted Plague Knight does take some time to get use to because he can be one slippery bastard to control.

i played the main game in like 2014 so i doubt i would remember exactly what shovel knight felt like to compare so its all good

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CJacobs posted:

It's alright. The controls are very slippery, it's a love-it-or-hate-it kind of thing.

Yeah, I unfortunately hate it which is too bad because I love Shovel Knight. The weird bomb based gameplay just wasn't fun for me.

Still extremely excited for Specter Knight!

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
So where is the hearts of iron 4 thread(s)?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

So Street Fighter has reached the point where they are selling sexy costume dlc? Nice job Sony/Capcom.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Herr Tog posted:

So where is the hearts of iron 4 thread(s)?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3776674

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

So Street Fighter has reached the point where they are selling sexy costume dlc? Nice job Sony/Capcom.

they've been doing this since like april or may or whenever they realized their cash store wasn't going to work and finally ran all transactions through psn/steam.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

StrixNebulosa posted:

I know that these questions can be answered with "just go with it", but uh - why would you send a special agent into a rescue mission with only a handgun and ten bullets?

And why can't he move when he's shooting? Even Harry Mason from Silent Hill could do that!

e: What the heck, why a typewriter for a save point? :psyduck:

Because the original resident evil also had typewriter save points and they're funny

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm playing with mouse n' keyboard and it feels good so far - I mean, outside of no moving while shooting. But that's a kind of clumsiness that's making it feel more atmospheric, so it works!

Made it to the second typewriter after the church bells rang and the zombies quit attacking me, and y'know....this is a good game. Dated for sure, but appealing nonetheless and I yelped a few times when zombies lunged at me, so it's definitely working that atmosphere. :D

It's great, and the writing gets really funny. Everyone loves re4 for a reason

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They send an agent who doesn't speak Spanish to investigate the Spanish countryside, good job team

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

They send an agent who doesn't speak Spanish to investigate the Spanish countryside, good job team

Don't worry, for some inexplicable reason the only important files he'll find are in his native language! :psyduck:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

tane

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

achillesforever6 posted:

I'm sad that Nolan North is a scab :smith:

1. A scab is someone who crosses a picket line.
2. Anyone who says NN is a scab based on his speech is oversimplifying the issues surrounding the strike.

Mumbling fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Dec 2, 2016

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ZgaD7Y-jM

:parrot: Hannibal Lecter is gonna gently caress some poo poo up.

Good to see FromSoft is shaking up the formula.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

thank you

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

So which video games have won the very important video game awards tonight?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

chumbler posted:

So which video games have won the very important video game awards tonight?

I can't say because I did not watch

But what I can say is that I want a Schick Hydro character action game by Platinum now

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah, I unfortunately hate it which is too bad because I love Shovel Knight. The weird bomb based gameplay just wasn't fun for me.

Still extremely excited for Specter Knight!

:yeah::agreed::same:

I only tried playing the Plague Knight DLC recently, I posted about in the PYF and I was treated like I was insane. It's just bafflingly uncontrollable to me.

I'm glad someone knew

Olive! fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Dec 2, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

:yeah::agreed::same:

I only tried playing the Plague Knight DLC recently, I posted about in the PYF and I was treated like I was insane. It's just bafflingly uncontrollable to me.

IMO the first level is one of the hardest as plague knight since it is before you get any of your major bomb and movement abilities. The game really opens up with more abilities later and you can, iirc, get an explosion that lets you control yourself better in the air. It has a learning curve to it, but plague knight is definitely very controllable once you can get the hang of him or at least unlock the hover explosion thing

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

FirstAidKite posted:

IMO the first level is one of the hardest as plague knight since it is before you get any of your major bomb and movement abilities. The game really opens up with more abilities later and you can, iirc, get an explosion that lets you control yourself better in the air. It has a learning curve to it, but plague knight is definitely very controllable once you can get the hang of him or at least unlock the hover explosion thing

I may try to get back into it but I also seem to have some kind of mental block when it comes to characters with projectiles. I have the same problem with characters like Snake or Diddy Kong in Smash Bros.

e: Not on the control ability particularly, more trying to manage where my character is plus where my projectiles are/are heading towards.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

I'm sad that Nolan North is a scab :smith:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Cool. A bit like some old thing like Ming the Merciless. idk if it's still online tho.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Memories

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Dec 2, 2016

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Playing more Resident Evil 4 now and discovering that I did not miss QTEs. "sprint from bolder! press x+c to dodge!" no thank you game

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Putting QTEs in cutscenes was so obnoxious.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

You get a ton of great death scenes for failing those though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

StrixNebulosa posted:

Playing more Resident Evil 4 now and discovering that I did not miss QTEs. "sprint from bolder! press x+c to dodge!" no thank you game

You will learn to hate X and C even more as the game goes on. I think I died to every single X+C prompt that appeared in a cutscene in my let's play of the game

edit: RE5 is somehow even worse because their 'alternate button prompt' buttons are F+V. At least with X+C you can just move your A/D fingers down and hit it, you have to rotate your whole wrist in RE5 which is ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Andrast posted:

You get a ton of great death scenes for failing those though.

Yeah but the game's ungenerous checkpoints made it hard to enjoy having to redo a whole section because I tried to eat my Alpha-bits during a boring talky part.

• Locked thread