Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TheAgent posted:

like how the gently caress are you testing star marine when the loving network code isn't in and functioning

MoMA???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Tokamak posted:

CryEngine 3's netcode could support up to 32 players out of the box, hth.

They had to refactor it.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

The best part about this is the Elite video is almost two years older than the SC one and it still looks more polished.

ArcaneLayne
Aug 12, 2016
Sorry guys, if I'm partly responsible for the Star Marine delay.

Just need to wait for the money actually show up in my bank account now!

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

ArcaneLayne posted:

Sorry guys, if I'm partly responsible for the Star Marine delay.

Just need to wait for the money actually show up in my bank account now!

They kept your account open? They usually get all angry and stompy and close refunders accounts, mature company that they are. :)

ArcaneLayne
Aug 12, 2016
Wait! ...wh--what's this?!?

ManofManyAliases" posted:

SM is very much alive and well in the 2.6 build and is playable (more than just a 4v4 by the way). It runs at 70-90 fps on a mid-range machine and hangars now load fully in less than 5 seconds. Caterpillar is amazing - very functional.

Oh, God, noooooooooo!!!! Is this grief?

Well, I least I'm not DOOMed completely. Smart Marine came out, and it's pretty good.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Tokamak posted:

Out of the box. Whatever Cig has now is the Schroedinger's CryEngine.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Raskolnikov posted:

Nice beltdown?

Please don't doxx moma

stay safe belt kickstarting ghost

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Tokamak posted:

Yeah out of the box, yet CIG's bastardized it to essentially the point of no return.

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?
I saw the post about the guy selling his farm, and no that wasn't me as I have a wife and family to support. Although we do have a dog. I've been playing the uncharted series on the PS4 pro we got as well as playing skyrim. Waiting to see more about this PSVR hack for PC. If it works for elite might pick one up.

Prostheticfoot
Mar 27, 2002
My pain at not hitting 6666 triples every second, furthermore

In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Meanwhile, one of things that Citizens could previously point to ED and get all :smug: about is being eroded.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/359929/atv-2-6-new-flight-mechanics-are-brilliant

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheLightPurges posted:

I have returned.

Does this mean d_shart is gone

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

man if i had a dollar for every star citizen backer who believed the word "logical" was a compliment

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Does this mean d_shart is gone

truly hope not he was like Steroid Lazrin

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

his nibs posted:

Meanwhile, one of things that Citizens could previously point to ED and get all :smug: about is being eroded.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/359929/atv-2-6-new-flight-mechanics-are-brilliant

GAMEPLAH!! :yarr:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

well THANKS for the memories

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

So, how many boxes has Ben got?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

TheAgent posted:

actually wait
  • sqlude is the only planned sq42 release; everything else is delayed indefinitely
  • the rest of the chapters depend on the success of sqlude and additional ship sales
  • 2.6, then sqlude, then 3.0
  • all that subscriber nonsense I posted about awhile back is still being discussed, ie certain classes, missions, skins, weapons locked behind sub

Well that's the MVP right there. There never will be anything else. Especially if they are going to see how 'lude is received (it wont go well). It will take all of 2017+ to poop that stuff out, they'll limp around for months (collecting pledges) and then they will shut down.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Hi I'm Betty Big Tits and I was wondering which forum upgrade to get. I don't have enough time to look myself since I am too busy doing nude webcam shows.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheLightPurges posted:

Well that's the MVP right there. There never will be anything else. Especially if they are going to see how 'lude is received (it wont go well). It will take all of 2017+ to poop that stuff out, they'll limp around for months (collecting pledges) and then they will shut down.

Nothing will shut down until the money stops rolling in, and backers have shown to be almost inconceivably resistent to failure on CIG's part

We'll all be here a year from now, wondering what the hell happened/didn't happen. As long as they can keep the Citizens from playing their broken heap of poo poo they'll be happy

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Nothing will shut down until the money stops rolling in, and backers have shown to be almost inconceivably resistent to failure on CIG's part

We'll all be here a year from now, wondering what the hell happened/didn't happen. As long as they can keep the Citizens from playing their broken heap of poo poo they'll be happy

Yea I think they'll make it to 2018 in some form. But they have to release something for SQ42 next year and that will be the end of them when they can't hide behind "alpha" anymore. The dream balloon has to pop at some point.

But yea if theres one thing this thread has been perpetually wrong about (me especially) its the willingness of the backers to be poo poo on then spend.

TheLightPurges fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Dec 3, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheLightPurges posted:

Yea I think they'll make it to 2018 in some form. But they have to release something for SQ42 next year and that will be the end of them when they can't hide behind "alpha" anymore. The dream balloon has to pop at some point.

But yea if theres one thing this thread has been perpetually wrong about (me especially) its the willingness of the backers to be poo poo on then spend.

I would have thought the same about SQ42 a year ago, I really didn't think they'd have another year without major uproar

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Star Citizen - Conservative Expectations

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

STAR CITIZEN: When deeply invested backers dont give a poo poo about transparency

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I would have thought the same about SQ42 a year ago, I really didn't think they'd have another year without major uproar

They did get pretty drat pissed over that sale some weeks ago. "Muh autistwagon cost me more than that!"

But then they shoved that boring Star Marine footage (I think it was? These names, man, only a shitizen can truly keep up) and all was good again.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

That community deserves everything it will get. Or in this case that it wont get

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I love that all the backers have conservative expectations because everyone else has decided this project can get hosed.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

BigglesSWE posted:

They did get pretty drat pissed over that sale some weeks ago. "Muh autistwagon cost me more than that!"

But then they shoved that boring Star Marine footage (I think it was? These names, man, only a shitizen can truly keep up) and all was good again.

Yea they do seem to get mad but the very second they show anything that allows them to believe that stuff is happening over at CIG they open their wallets. Even if its a pile of poo poo.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

TheAgent posted:

[*]sqlude is the only planned sq42 release; everything else is delayed indefinitely
[*]the rest of the chapters depend on the success of sqlude and additional ship sales

But it has already been presold to the vast majority of its audience since 2014 at the jolly tune of 45$. They should know if it is a success...

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

aleksendr posted:

But it has already been presold to the vast majority of its audience since 2014 at the jolly tune of 45$. They should know if it is a success...

Old backer money doesn't count. And remember they've been telling themselves and potential future investors that they're only 10%of the market.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Astroniomix posted:

The best part about this is the Elite video is almost two years older than the SC one and it still looks more polished.

To be fair, SC developpement only started last month, so they are making great progress.

TheLightPurges posted:

Old backer money doesn't count. And remember they've been telling themselves and potential future investors that they're only 10%of the market.

How the release go will be interesting. Will they accept giving Valve and other digital channels a cut and release as a stand alone game or double down on their own release channel, reducing visibility ?

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Dec 3, 2016

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
How far do you think the "well you cant judge them on this release they're a rookie dev studio on their first time out" will carry them?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

You broke his toasty warm heart by being a filthy leaver, you monster!

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

TheLightPurges posted:

How far do you think the "well you cant judge them on this release they're a rookie dev studio on their first time out" will carry them?

In the backer's heart of heart ? Forever.

Real world ? Maybe first release. But if it is not a top of the line game any critics worth his salt will get a poke at the 140m$ dev price.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

MedicineHut posted:

How do you respond to the usual sperg retort here about a ship flying wonky if it loses some of the lateral thrusters or what not? This what makes shillizens feel all warm and fuzzy inside and says it proves the fidelity of the accurate individual thruster modelling and calculations etc when discussing these things.

e: bunnies pics

Instead of actually modelling flight physics (mass of ship, power of thrusters, direction of thrust and the resulting acceleration and velocity etc.) they're actually doing it in reverse. By default the ship is assumed to be in one piece and therefore has their "default" tweak values for noclipping around. If the ship takes "damage" to a certain thruster, then the ship will fly differently based on that damage state. Example:

State0 (undamaged):
- acceleration:34
- mass:78
- leanleft:0
- leanright:0

State1 (left thruster damaged):
- acceleration:17
- mass:76
- leanleft:10

This is an oversimplification, but you get the gist of it. The goal is to have as many simple states as possible that make the ship fly differently based on all the combinations of thrusters/systems that can be damaged. There's actually nothing at all wrong with doing it this way from a technical perspective - as long as the game feels right. It's actually rather clever, because it needs basically 0 CPU power to do it this way, instead of complex physics calculations. It also allows them to tweak things quickly and easily on the "ship feel" front without loving around with the entire engine each time.

Of course the real issue isn't how they're doing it - it's that CIG has a pathological need to constantly tell backers that everything in the game is mimicking reality itself in the code - when the truth is that, like every other developer, they use cheats to achieve the desired result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Scruffpuff posted:

Instead of actually modelling flight physics (mass of ship, power of thrusters, direction of thrust and the resulting acceleration and velocity etc.) they're actually doing it in reverse. By default the ship is assumed to be in one piece and therefore has their "default" tweak values for noclipping around. If the ship takes "damage" to a certain thruster, then the ship will fly differently based on that damage state. Example:

State0 (undamaged):
- acceleration:34
- mass:78
- leanleft:0

State1 (left thruster damaged):
- acceleration:17
- mass:76
- leanleft:10

This is an oversimplification, but you get the gist of it. The goal is to have as many simple states as possible that make the ship fly differently based on all the combinations of thrusters/systems that can be damaged. There's actually nothing at all wrong with doing it this way from a technical perspective - as long as the game feels right. It's actually rather clever, because it needs basically 0 CPU power to do it this way, instead of complex physics calculations. It also allows them to tweak things quickly and easily on the "ship feel" front without loving around with the entire engine each time.

Of course the real issue isn't how they're doing it - it's that CIG has a pathological need to constantly tell backers that everything in the game is mimicking reality itself in the code - when the truth is that, like every other developer, they use cheats to achieve the desired result.

Granted that I'm not a game dev but that's exactly how I'd do it, why gently caress around with rocket science? The problem is that: 1) they are lying about it; 2) they are doing a horrible job of it.