Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Really hoping this idiot ends up either brain damaged or permanently paralyzed from the neck down so he can't drive again. What a loving reckless oval office.

You think that'd stop this idiot from driving?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

xzzy posted:

Hey that's not fair to all the reasonable cunts out there, we need a special term for idiocy of this magnitude.

:lol: Hey, I said "reckless" not "reasonable", the reasonable ones at least have some common sense

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

kastein posted:

Some wanker in Rhode Island just binned his Honda super hard into the back of a garbage truck on rt6 recently. Cliff notes:
- his driving record included 5 violations (a mix of speeding, traveling in the breakdown lane, and others) since July 2015
- he had been in 3 accidents this year alone
- he was operating on a suspended license at the time of the accident in question
- at speeds ranging from 90 to 115 miles per hour
- he did this while streaming the video to Facebook Live. :wtc:
- he's now in the ICU and will be charged with a variety of things as soon as he becomes conscious

Just after 1 minute in, you can see them pulling him out of the car with an airbag stuck to his head:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUO5anTmOIM

The best copy of the livestream video that I can find:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOsK7beQeFU

loving idiot. Glad he didn't kill anyone, would have been great if he killed himself though.

I normally try to avoid wishing permanent disability or death on people, but this dude will kill someone sooner or later unless he's confined to a wheelchair, a cell, or a wooden box. Jesus.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Dec 3, 2016

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
I think he deserves at least a light crippling for using portrait mode.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
He wasn't even using his seatbelt, what a loving moron. Cars really should disable airbags if they detect somebody driving like that.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

mobby_6kl posted:

He wasn't even using his seatbelt, what a loving moron. Cars really should disable airbags if they detect somebody driving like that.

Nah, prevent them from going more than 10 mph.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

iospace posted:

Nah, prevent them from going more than 10 mph.

Yeah, so he's still causing accidents as people stuck behind him make unsafe passes to try and escape the roadblock.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

xzzy posted:

Yeah, so he's still causing accidents as people stuck behind him make unsafe passes to try and escape the roadblock.

Unless he lives on a major street, he's likely going to have to deal with it on a side street first.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

People would attach the belt, but put the belt between themselves and the seat.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Craptacular posted:

People would attach the belt, but put the belt between themselves and the seat.

or more likely: buy one of those buckles that are intended as replacements. I know some people buy them when they put heavy objects on the front seat (or have a dog) and it'll beep constantly otherwise.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
https://twitter.com/vernalkick/status/805835330163183616

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh the cop and snowplow are by far my favorites. Reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfgonv2UvSs

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Love the guy waving at 1:09 to get attention of the cop that will surely see him waving before he sees a 1 ton sand truck with a plow barrelling down on him.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

Oh the cop and snowplow are by far my favorites. Reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfgonv2UvSs

How the hell does tire rotation and oil change help winterize a vehicle?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

xzzy posted:

How the hell does tire rotation and oil change help winterize a vehicle?

When they last changed the oil and rotated the tires last winter when the ad reminded them.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Yesterday morning we got our first real snowy commute of the season and the noob harvest was in full tilt. Apparently people forgot how to drive in the snow in the last 6 months...

Target fixated directly into a phone pole coming through that corner far too fast :lol:

Me? I was fine in my 2WD pickup returning an insulation blowing machine to Home Depot, even though I had on the $10 set of decade old dry rotted allseasons with minimal tread. Why? Because I only drive like a knob when conditions warrant it.

Really need to get the snows onto that truck though. I mean, I only bought them for the previous truck, in... 2010.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

There was a semi on the road today thinking it was the bus in the movie Speed. Namely at one point I paced it well over 75 mph, nearly 80.

Also, if you guessed it was covered in lights, you're right (also the form fitting fenders over the driving wheels).

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

iospace posted:

There was a semi on the road today thinking it was the bus in the movie Speed. Namely at one point I paced it well over 75 mph, nearly 80.

Also, if you guessed it was covered in lights, you're right (also the form fitting fenders over the driving wheels).

Lights on for safety. I'd rather every highway be a tractor-trailer Autobahn than have 55-mph trucks like real Europe. Haul rear end or get out of the way :black101:

(I bet it was shiny and chrome)

solarNativity fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Dec 6, 2016

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

iospace posted:

I'm sorry, this is newsworthy? Trucks in MA regularly break 75 and breaking 80 is unusual but not unheard-of. I saw a truck go into the left lane on i495 last weekend (immediately after passing a "Trucks Prohibited From Left Lane" sign) to pass another truck at over 80mph.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I'd take a trucker, fueled by cheap meth and his hatred of the CB radio, pushing his 80,000 lb rig at 75 mph long before I'd take your average pube in a broke-rear end Camry.

At least the trucker had to pass a test proving he knows which pedal is the brake and how to signal a lane change.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

spotted on reddit:

http://i.imgur.com/jZsLUQt.gifv

Just rewards.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I'm sorry, this is newsworthy? Trucks in MA regularly break 75 and breaking 80 is unusual but not unheard-of. I saw a truck go into the left lane on i495 last weekend (immediately after passing a "Trucks Prohibited From Left Lane" sign) to pass another truck at over 80mph.

I was on the LIE the other day and saw a van and a car side by side coming onto the highway from the single lane on ramp. The van continues to "push" the car all the way across three lanes, into the HOV lane. The car, when pressed with the decision of slowing down, speeding up, or getting crushed into the median wall, chooses to speed up, overtake the van, slam on his brakes, and throw out the one finger salute.

And I usually feel like i495 isn't too bad. (I guess because I never drive it during rush hours.)

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

xzzy posted:

spotted on reddit:

Just rewards.

Perfect. Leave it to the Mercedes driver to mistake a strip of asphalt as being always empty enough to travel in, which is actually the strip of asphalt most likely to have nonmoving objects in it. Beautiful.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Is it still undertaking if you keep to the right because you aren't a douche, but the left lane is going slower than the speed limit? I hate snowbirds sometimes.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Check out this fuckin genius:

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
He took the wrong lesson from "your car tires has the same footprint as you".

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
It's impressive how some of these crashes could be saved by a liberal use of the throttle.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You can even clearly see him successfully making the turn before locking up the wheels for some reason. So literally doing nothing would've been better than that.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Dibs on the grille and hood if they aren't munched, I need those for my shamewagon that is exactly the same (except for the loose nut behind the wheel.)

e: ABS on subarus is absofuckinglutely retarded, I wouldn't be surprised if that was a stupid driver slamming on the brake before the turn, the wheels sorta kept turning through part of it, then he slammed on the brakes even harder and finally managed to lock them up. So I'd blame a combination of poor driving skills (brake before the turn dammit) and poor ABS design.

kastein fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 6, 2016

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

kastein posted:

Yesterday morning we got our first real snowy commute of the season and the noob harvest was in full tilt. Apparently people forgot how to drive in the snow in the last 6 months...

Out here in eastern WA, he occasionally get short thaws in the winter, so the roads clear up some over the course of a couple days (lighter snow/icepack, of course).

Then it snows again, and every backwards-assed fuckhead has completely forgotten how to deal with anything other than clear pavement again.

Unrelated (other than backwards-assed fuckhead involvement): four-lane major thoroughfare, southbound, protected left turn at the light... welp. Not-quite-brotruck waiting to turn had a smaller car drive straight up between his headlights as he sat there.

I'm hoping they impound idiot's Pokémon as evidence.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Spotted 2 cars ahead of me on the way to work, young guy in a Fusion and an old fart in a Grand Marquis, apparently "duking it out" like idiots coming up to a 4 way stop. Fusion guy was riding the old guy's bumper and got brake checked a couple times, even though old fart was doing about 10 under the limit. All 3 of us take a right at the intersection, old fart swings wide outside so Fusion guy and I take the inside lane. I guess this pissed off old fart who literally tried swerving into the driver's side of the Fusion, both me and Fusion guy honked at him to wake his rear end up. Fusion speeds up, I slow down, old fart gets in my lane and I assume he's taking the next right turn since his signal is on (wrong). He's still going way under the limit so I move left, speed up and he tries pulling the same bullshit with me and swerves toward my passenger side :psyduck: Best part was the cop he didn't see parked in a strip mall lot who witnessed it all go down and yanked his rear end off the road, loving old reckless assholes need to have their license revoked and their poo poo kicked in.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

did you stick around to give a victim impact statement or

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Just got back from the team holiday lunch. Like two hours gone, ugh.

Anyway, it was ten miles each way, in the rain. Counted ten silver cars with their lights off. I actively hunt for those because otherwise I just won't notice them. Most of those didn't even have DRLs.

An unlit explorer was somewhat redeemed in my eyes when I saw the license plate: "XPLODR."

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

xzzy posted:

spotted on reddit:

Just rewards.

I feel bad for the small car he turns in front of at the end. They seemed to be slowing down so maybe they avoided the mercedes but I wouldn't put money on it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
http://i.imgur.com/P5iOL6G.gifv

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Got a little bit more than you bargained for, eh, big guy?

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

xzzy posted:

spotted on reddit:

Just rewards.

Now that's the Newark we're all familiar with. :allears:

Edward IV fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Dec 7, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
From the schadenfreude thread.

(sorry for huge, I have no idea how to make MP4s smaller)

What are the odds he said, "I pushed the brake but it just kept going faster" as soon as he climbed out of the river.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Fantastic. Was that just a dude with a gun or was that a police officer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

PT6A posted:

Fantastic. Was that just a dude with a gun or was that a police officer?

Google Translate for this page says "police volunteer."