Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
" Following Meicoomon's rampage and the Reboot, Tai (Taichi) and the others leave behind a distressed Meiko and head to the Digital World. But the partner Digimon that they've reunited with have lost their memories. They once again try to forge new connections, but only Biyomon is wary, telling her partner Sora that she doesn't know anything about the past. While Sora normally thinks of others even before herself, she now has distrust in her heart. As Sora stands heartbroken, Tai and Matt (Yamato) cannot find the words to help her.

A tearful Meicoomon appears and disappears again. For some reason, she has retained past memories, and is searching for Meiko. Upon seeing Meicoomon, the kids resolve to journey through the Digital World to save her, but a man with the Dark Masters at his command stands in their way.

Meanwhile, in the real world, Nishijima receives a notice that Himekawa has disappeared. When he investigates, he learns that she has had a hidden goal behind all her actions thus far.

The film will open in Japan on February 25. "

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/4th-digimon-adventure-tri-film-plot-summary-revealed/.109243

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
For anyone who doesn't watch App Digimon, this is what you're missing...

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

look man

It's Youtube

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Appmon is good.

I can't bring myself to like Astra though. Musimon's pretty nice but Astra's poo poo.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
My favorite one so far is the idol girl's sumo inspired fusion thing. Not just because it looks cool, but because it destroyed the enemy before Gachimon could finish his I'm Feeling Lucky routine and find the weak point.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
This guy has pictures of the six God Grade Appmons

https://twitter.com/miruka0816

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

To make it easier to see:

Gaiamon, the Creation Appmon. Its special move is Ultimate Adamas. Gatchmon's God Appmon form.
Poseidomon, the Invincible Appmon. Its special move is Trident Fall. Dokamon's God Appmon form.
Uranosmon, the Awakening Appmon. Its special move is Astral Eruption. Musimon's God Appmon form.
Hadesmon, the Change Appmon. Its special move is Melan-Explode. Hackmon's God Appmon form.
Deusmon, the Almighty Appmon. Its special move is Initial Zero. Possibly on Leviathan's side, as going down the chain, it forms from Mienumon and Sakusimon, both agents of Leviathan.
Rebootmon, the Reboot Appmon. Its special move is Cosmic Ray. Final form of the two main characters of the 3DS game, Onmon and Offmon.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/804498133984169984

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Masaru is the best protagonist.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

watched Applimonsters episode 10.

Raidramon is so freaking cool.

I've had issues with how the plot has been handled and the CGI animation but. Like. As far as its design and abilities are portrayed?

Raidramon is freaking awesome.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4iJpNWNxyo

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
yup. that sure looks like...one of those games...

barf

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I love how the whole video is just the player trying and failing to figure out what the gently caress they're doing.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

mikeycp posted:

yup. that sure looks like...one of those games...

barf

Dude, we get it, do you have to post this every time it comes up? We've known what Next Order is going to be for a long time now, you don't have to keep acting like it's something you're still getting blindsided with.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Media Creates sale numbers for this week are out and welp

11.[3DS] Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters (Bandai Namco, 12/01/16) – 7,255 (New)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

not so great, that. Aw well.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I haven't played that game yet, but don't we normally agree that Digimon games are usually bad?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

response to the demo at least was that it was pretty good, but most of what I heard came from digimon fans.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm still not a fan of the CGI animation, but now that Applimonsters has found the plot and managed to do action sequences longer than a few minutes long, I'm interested again.

How they handled Sakushimon was rather interesting.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New interview with CS and N0 International Version Producer

http://twinfinite.net/2016/10/digimon-world-next-order-interview-with-producer-kazumasa-habu/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

quote:

Well you actually mentioned this before, before we got started. Digimon Worlds is a very different game from Digimon Stories. With Cyber Sleuth being the most recent game in fans’, especially new fans, memory, was there any hesitation or worry about bringing Digimon World to the West?

Actually, I wasn’t working with the Japanese Vita Version, somebody else was doing that and I was working on Cyber Sleuth. Redigitize and Decode – the previous Digimon World games – I was working on that, and those were the same game systems as this. In this system, the Digimon have a lifetime, so they die once they come to a certain age. So for the light fans it was pretty hard to raise them but have them die.

For Digimon Story, we wanted to make it completely different, to make it more easier. Just collect the Digimon. So the guys who were working on Decode just decided on, ‘we wanted to make it a much more lighter game, and not something so serious’. And that was about the Japanese Vita version, so we made it too simple and the Japanese core fans were really, not like upset, but disappointed. They [the Digimon] hardly die in the Japanese version, and it was too easy.

So when bringing it to North America, you upped the challenge so those Digimon fans who found previous games were good but too simple could find a little more challenge and some strategy?

Yes. The people playing this game are core fans so we wanted to make it harder to clear, harder to raise Digimon, harder to train, harder to beat the boss.

Oh, so the North American fans were really vocal about wanting Next Order?

Yes, yes. They did the petition and those two are what really pushed us.

Was that a very big surprise to have such a desire and attention? Did the game end up bigger than you guys anticipated?

It’s been eight years since I started on Digimon Games. When I started there wasn’t– Digimon wasn’t famous in the US, but I really wanted to deliver you guys a game… but it wasn’t so easy. What broke that was the petition from the fans. That’s why we got Cyber Sleuth in the States, but after we released it, the fans really loved it. So the reactions from the fans were really good. So the reason why we can release this game in the states is because Cyber Sleuth was so popular.

As the popularity grows with Cyber Sleuth and this game, can we expect even bigger games set in the Digimon universe? Games that are specifically for PS4 and not Vita, or any other wild ideas you guys may have for like large RPGs?

You mean after this title?

Yeah, after this title.

After Cyber Sleuth, I was near getting off the Digimon producer role. Maybe I was gonna do something else. But, because the success of Cyber Sleuth I was kinda brought back to do much bigger stuff, so of course after this title we’re working on different stuff.

We have ideas for different games. It’s going to take a couple of years I mean, but we’re not just gonna finish with it the next one. We’re gonna keep going for the series. I think the fans should keep waiting, we’re gonna have something more. I hope we can bring something new, the next year to Comic Con to the same place, and I hope you come to.

I’ll look forward to that, definitely. One more question, because since we keep touching on Digimon Story and Digimon World. With both increasing in popularity and offering different things — Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth was more of a mystery thing and Digimon World is more like you’re a trainer in the anime — can we ever expect to see maybe some type of crossover between the two types of games?

That’s the really hard part, not technically, but how it works. In Digimon World, the player themself doesn’t really go into the battle when you make them fight. You’re kinda watching them and making decisions and telling them what to do. I want to ask the fans, how much can we change that? You know, if we do a crossover. If I was working on the Vita Version, I would probably change a whole lot.

Anything in mind that you would have wanted to change?

I wanted to change the battle system.

What would you have preferred battle-wise?

I wanted to make the player be able to control it more.

Like choosing their moves instead of just choosing strategy? Like being very direct in what they do?

Yeah

Is that something we can expect to see from you in a future Digimon World game? Giving it a little more player control to the systems?

We’ll be thinking about that, but as for next year, probably there will be a different story, a Digimon Story title. As for now we want you to focus on this one (laughter), but if we were to power the Digimon World, next title, it would be more about online features. Like you can play with others or something, we would put that into the new concept.

For more of a like connected Digimon Universe?

Yes.

I love this guy :allears:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5599kt_digimon-adventure-tri-part-4-pv1_tv

New Tri trailer.

I hope Seraphimon gets his rear end kicked immediately again.

TRADITION.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Man, Mei is really getting on my nerves now.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Meet Vobomon (ヴォーボモン)

https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/809483226825785344
https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/809483238322438144

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Probably Vorbomon, from the German word vorboten.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Craptacular! posted:

I haven't played that game yet, but don't we normally agree that Digimon games are usually bad?

Cyber Sleuth was really good.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Craptacular! posted:

For anyone who doesn't watch App Digimon, this is what you're missing...

I can't tell if this means I need to watch this show right now or avoid it at all costs.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
So is the Tri dub ever going to be on iTunes or anything? Or was it just that one night special in a limited selection of theatres and it's buried?

readingatwork posted:

I can't tell if this means I need to watch this show right now or avoid it at all costs.

I haven't watched any anime in a couple weeks, but when I left off it was kind of trying to figure out what it wanted to be. The top villain is literally Skynet from the future and needs to have some sort of presence in modern time, so they're doing the "DC Comics event book" thing of the mysterious stranger who is watching our heroes in a room of observation screens and darkness.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Went and watched the first couple episodes. It's very obvious that this show was conceived in a marketing department conference room. It's not completely awful but I'm kind of mad because some of these concepts would be really cool in the hands of a team that actually gave a poo poo. Like, if you're going to give the main character an anthropomorphic Google partner at least make him some kind of detective/hacker/nosy rear end in a top hat who likes gossip so the pairing results in something interesting. Hell, at least make the main character smart enough to realize that their powers CAN be used in mundane situations (cheating on homework or something) because so far all the digimon does during the day is sit around.

Also I kind of hate the main character so far. He's not annoying but he is painfully boring and doesn't seem to have anything going on other than the vague motivation of "wanting to be a protagonist!". Honestly I think I'd like it more if they put the fate of the world in the hands of Gene Belcher that blond kid who wants to win back his friends with the power of his farts. That show would be amazing for better or worse.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Astra is nearly intolerable. Haru is somewhat bland, sure, but at least he's not a generic hot blooded idiot with nothing else to his character, that already puts him above Daisuke, Takuya and especially his direct predecessor Tagiru.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Supposed art of Minerva

https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/810661550302384128

KoB
May 1, 2009
Star Platinum with the infinity stones, nice.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbRYMjTCOdQ

drat

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
That's a pretty substantial visual upgrade.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/digimon_games/status/810890358238416897

Seems like we don't need to worry too much about the future of digimon games in the west

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
good. shame they can't give us just the good ones, but i get that that's a big ask

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

mikeycp posted:

good. shame they can't give us just the good ones, but i get that that's a big ask

There'd be no point for the Twitter if they had nothing to sell!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://p-bandai.jp/enquete/1000004100_outline/

Bandai's survey for overseas fans. Mainly about if you would be interesting on buying stuff directly from them.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

There'd be no point for the Twitter if they had nothing to sell!

you got me there!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Put side by side like this definitely highlights how much blander Tri's artstyle is compared to the original Adventure's

https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/812608653819838464

https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/812608664855019520

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
To be slightly fair to both

Digimon Adventure's animation budget was utterly dreadful, so they made up with limited animation with extravagant and super detailed character designs. Tri has much better animation, much more fluid, and the more detailed designs would only weigh that down.

So it's an either or kinda thing.