Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I used my gigantic brain to solve this puzzle again and I think the character on the far right is Jon Talbain. Hairy, no discernible head in silhouette, is only wearing pants with a sash

The one in the middle is probably Haggar. The first one is the SFV original story mode lady and I can't tell who the second one is but they have a radio antenna on one shoulder so it might be an entirely new guy but I am pretty sure the theme of the last three is cameos from popular games they're not making more of anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

dangerdoom volvo posted:

im glad onos dog is dead

You suck.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

every story needs a villain. dangerdoom volvo is the villain we all needed

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
dangerdoom volvo is one of the best sa fgc posters

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
that char is almost certainly Q only bc Q is insanely popular. same reason urien got put in, imo.

also he has the most obvious v-trigger ever.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

anime was right posted:

that char is almost certainly Q only bc Q is insanely popular. same reason urien got put in, imo.

also he has the most obvious v-trigger ever.

I'd bet on that but "something something brand new to the SF universe" characters.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Zand posted:

every story needs a villain. dangerdoom volvo is the villain we all needed

Im not a villain, im a vigilante like batman. or that guy who shot people on the subway

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

dangerdoom volvo posted:

im glad onos dog is dead

:shittypop:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
mvci is gonna be bad because onos dog was the spirit of marvel

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pomp posted:

mvci is gonna be bad because onos dog was the spirit of marvel

hypedog!! no!!

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

im glad onos dog is dead

that's hosed up dude

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

how would that be "not too bad of a nerf"

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
1f slower startup, recovery? how do they know all of them are 1 frame slower?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

someone used to playing on pc with vsync off

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

In this video fchamp says the game feels a little "slower". Could there be anything to that or was he imagining it?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

giogadi posted:

In this video fchamp says the game feels a little "slower". Could there be anything to that or was he imagining it?

Probably monitor lag, people were saying the monitors at PSX were bad

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Pomp posted:

Lol gently caress you ken

Junk
Dec 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
I really hope one of the new characters is Damnd. Dude is one of the more visible Final Fight characters but has been neglected to be anything more than a background character/cameo appearance in the card fighter games. His CFN artwork gave him a knife, which he never had before, so hopefully there's something to this.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Maybe that Ken change means he just has one more frame of hitstop?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Pomp posted:

I'm done playing if this happens

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
I thought it was just b.MP (according to Momochi anyway), otherwise Ken would only have 5 frame normals and up which is Birdie tier sluggishness without the range to back it up.

Ken can easily be the best character in the game if his only major nerfs are b.MP and air tatsu tbh, but it sounds like a lot of stuff is changing so it's too early to tell.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

im glad onos dog is dead

What is actually wrong with you

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

im glad onos dog is dead

sfv nerfs have finally gone too far

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

dangerdoom volvo posted:

im glad onos dog is dead

You should be dead instead

Reiley posted:

I used my gigantic brain to solve this puzzle again and I think the character on the far right is Jon Talbain. Hairy, no discernible head in silhouette, is only wearing pants with a sash

The one in the middle is probably Haggar. The first one is the SFV original story mode lady and I can't tell who the second one is but they have a radio antenna on one shoulder so it might be an entirely new guy but I am pretty sure the theme of the last three is cameos from popular games they're not making more of anymore.

That would be insanely cool, please don't do this to me

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
everyone who plays/has played this game is dead

this includes me

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
neckbeard akuma is starting to grow on me

still a ridiculous design tho

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Since nobody posted it, Combofiend posted on Capcom Unity what the main focus of the upcoming balance patch would be.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2016/12/04/street-fighter-v-2017-season-our-goal

- Increasing uniqueness of character play styles
- Recovery changes after successful throws (Ryu getting free throw pressure after successful throws for example)
- Anti-Air Light attacks (This is weird for me because anti airing needs to be better in this game, but at the same time, anti air lights for certain characters are dumb as gently caress and put you in a ridiculous 50/50 even if you're on the other side of the character)
- Invincible reversal reliance (I actually agree with this one, having an invincible reversal isn't a big deal in other fighting games, but in this game where being on defense is a huge disadvantage, having an additional way to get people off becomes way more important as an option and effectively neuters some characters' offense, like Laura and Gief for example)

Full patch notes coming in a few weeks (lol) and Akuma on the 20th along with the new patch, from what I understand.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

InnercityGriot posted:

Since nobody posted it, Combofiend posted on Capcom Unity what the main focus of the upcoming balance patch would be.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2016/12/04/street-fighter-v-2017-season-our-goal

- Increasing uniqueness of character play styles
- Recovery changes after successful throws (Ryu getting free throw pressure after successful throws for example)
- Anti-Air Light attacks (This is weird for me because anti airing needs to be better in this game, but at the same time, anti air lights for certain characters are dumb as gently caress and put you in a ridiculous 50/50 even if you're on the other side of the character)
- Invincible reversal reliance (I actually agree with this one, having an invincible reversal isn't a big deal in other fighting games, but in this game where being on defense is a huge disadvantage, having an additional way to get people off becomes way more important as an option and effectively neuters some characters' offense, like Laura and Gief for example)

Full patch notes coming in a few weeks (lol) and Akuma on the 20th along with the new patch, from what I understand.

I wonder if they've put work into giving characters who only have a jab as an anti-air other options? With the invincible startup being taken away from Ryu's DP, I wonder if it will still be a reliable anti-air?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Them removing iframes from DPs is the dumbest thing ever.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

nickmeister posted:

I wonder if they've put work into giving characters who only have a jab as an anti-air other options? With the invincible startup being taken away from Ryu's DP, I wonder if it will still be a reliable anti-air?

I would imagine they remove the inv. frames from frame 1 or something, so you should still be able to use it as an anti-air, unless you do it right as they're on you, but it's not possible on wakeup, like nash v-trigger.

Then again, who knows.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I would imagine they remove the inv. frames from frame 1 or something, so you should still be able to use it as an anti-air, unless you do it right as they're on you, but it's not possible on wakeup, like nash v-trigger.

Then again, who knows.

I hope so. Otherwise, they may as well just nerf all anti-airs and make it a game completely about jumping.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

im glad onos dog is dead

Please don't wish death upon any dog in this world, tia

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Please don't wish death upon any dog in this world, tia

alright i guess i dont hate checkers for being owned by nixon. i take it back. or hitlers dog that was probably an alright dog too, as far as dogs go

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
We want to make each character's toolset more unique. We're also removing this unique property from all characters.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Reiley posted:

I would instantaneously change my main to either of these Good Boys, but I know capcom isn't cool enough for that.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Why would anyone want the next incarnation of their favorite character to be a Street Fighter V version?

Like, wanting to see Talbain in SF5 is like wanting to see Christopher Reeve as Superman post-accident.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Brosnan posted:

Why would anyone want the next incarnation of their favorite character to be a Street Fighter V version?

Like, wanting to see Talbain in SF5 is like wanting to see Christopher Reeve as Superman post-accident.

What am I gonna do, wait another 10 years for Street Fighter 6?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Junk posted:

What am I gonna do, wait another 10 years for Street Fighter 6?

Or travel to a parallel timeline for Darkstalkers 4 :v:

I just want to see my weird faves in a game that's not MvC, because I suck at that even more than I suck at Street Fighter.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

The fact that you won't be able to wake up DP xx super anymore is dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

S.J. posted:

The fact that you won't be able to wake up DP xx super anymore is dumb

Wake up jab into super ftw