Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

i am the bird posted:

Am I missing something about what generation Pokémon are in the game, or who has claimed what? Why are you assuming Infinitum is gen 2 again?

Setup speculation. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Met posted:

Hey, you're here. Want to pass on Kashuno's offer?

I have, and Kash told you I had :v:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Met posted:

Setup speculation. :smug:

No one has said "I'm a gen 1." It's all just been "How do you know?"

Surely someone would have said "I know you're wrong." at this point rather than they're not sure if my assumption holds water.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Truth Quark posted:

No one should rush to nominate anyone, as we will only have a limited team size.

I'm personally not at an advantage or disadvantage against this gym, but I do gain some cool stuff from evolving.

Does anyone else know what they get from evolving? Cuz I sure as poo poo don't.

Truth Quark posted:

If we believe Kash's claim (and I kinda do), then throwing him at gym 1 is not a bad plan since he is Ice type. Future gyms I dunno, he isn't town and I'd rather give the exp to players that can do something good with it.

Assuming, of course, we find anyone we can trust on future gyms :tinfoil:

More "Trust nobody" stuff from liar quark. We already know that everyone in the first gym was telling the truth. His whole stream of posts is like sowing discontent when I just wanna turn into a big badass pokemon and burn up the scum team.

##vote Truth Quark

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

New/stronger abilities.

Poison Mushroom posted:

[*]Two points of experience and a Pokemon, if capable, will evolve. This will unlock powers, or strengthen/upgrade existing ones.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Truth Quark posted:

No one should rush to nominate anyone, as we will only have a limited team size.

I'm personally not at an advantage or disadvantage against this gym, but I do gain some cool stuff from evolving.

Truth Quark posted:

And town players might get more useful powers. I don't really know yet as I don't know what your presents do, nor do I know what I get when I evolve as my PM just says "You can evolve!"

Oh, actually it's not clear, because TQ is contradicting himself.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

More "Trust nobody" stuff from liar quark. We already know that everyone in the first gym was telling the truth. His whole stream of posts is like sowing discontent when I just wanna turn into a big badass pokemon and burn up the scum team.

##vote Truth Quark

Uh, I'm on board with this actually. My role doesn't tell me anything about what I get from evolving.

##vote Truth Quark

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That first quote is interesting because I wasn't told what I'd get for evolving.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I should've previewed but everything about that second quote annoys me as well.

For what it's worth, Met is on my radar but I think the case against him is predicated on dumb posts rather than scum posts.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm still leaning Met but I think that's a pretty good catch on Quark

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Hey man. I'd rather you call me scum than dumb. :(

##vote Truth Quark

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Met posted:

Hey man. I'd rather you call me scum than dumb. :(

##vote Truth Quark

I just wanted the rhyme. Sorry. :v:

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
woulb vote quark

kinda suds on ssv as well going after met would be an easy way to buddy up to inf

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
##unvote

Had a re-read and am not reading as scum as this morning.

Happy to lynch a liar too; my PM has nothing about what I'd get for evolving

##vote Truth Quark

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Oh, actually it's not clear, because TQ is contradicting himself.

That's a really nice catch.

Going to re-read after work tonight but this is probably where my vote's going.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I missed my role pm! What's news

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I missed my role pm! What's news

we're huntin' varmints

I'd be really happy if you were Meowth somehow

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
things i don't care about anymore

meta

pokemon

everyone in this thread who isn't a bug too

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

i am the bird posted:

I should've previewed but everything about that second quote annoys me as well.

For what it's worth, Met is on my radar but I think the case against him is predicated on dumb posts rather than scum posts.

I almost think that Met is posting too much to be scum, tbh. Really good catch on TQ, and I think that's a better candidate than Met or Kash today.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Absurd Revolver posted:

things i don't care about anymore

meta

pokemon

everyone in this thread who isn't a bug too

Meta is dumb.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Also:

##vote Truth Quark

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

##vote truth quark more like liar quark tbh

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Truth Quark posted:

I'm Gen II as well and I'm scum so that means--

Hang on wait a minute

how did I miss this

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

how did I miss this

That is some scum slip boy :kiddo:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

tpink posted:

I almost think that Met is posting too much to be scum, tbh.

:psyduck:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

It is a well known fact that scum never lurk and are always among the most prolific posters. FACT.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

tpink posted:

It is a well known fact that scum never lurk and are always among the most prolific posters. FACT.

and they never stop posting when caught and go running back to scumdoc to conjure up some desperate ploy,

hey TQ? :smugdon:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

woulb vote quark

kinda suds on ssv as well going after met would be an easy way to buddy up to inf

I voted met before he went after infin though because his talk about generations twigged me as trying to look useful.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Has TQ given us a good ol' Scum Slip? I'd like to hear from him before voting cause he's at -3

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

SirSamVimes posted:

I voted met before he went after infin though because his talk about generations twigged me as trying to look useful.

I thought this too but infi could also be scum

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

This case on quark is dumb and stupid

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

give head or get dead posted:

This case on quark is dumb and stupid

voting people for being caught in a lie is dumb and stupid?

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

It says right here that evolving is a pretty good way to get more abilities in this game

The Goddamn OP posted:

The majority of players will also be capable of evolving, which will grant new powers, or upgrade existing ones.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

voting people for being caught in a lie is dumb and stupid?

Point out the lie for me please!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

He said "I get cool stuff from evolving" then he said he knew nothing about evolution.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I don't even know how evolving would improve my role tbh

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

We all get cool stuff from evolving though......? We just dont know what that is?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I like the case on Quark, I don't like how quickly the votes on him piled up. That always makes me question things.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Speaking of can anyone post the votecount stuff, VF doesn't play nice with my work's firewall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
when I looked up my dude in the link inf posted, I also assumed I would get cool stuff from evolving cause he seems pretty good but I dunno anything about evolution in pokemon or pokemafia

uh oh, I have contradicted myself, better suddenly shift the lynch to me instead of met, by far the most awkward poster in the thread that started rolefishing when there had only been around 30 game related posts, despite already being unable to keep up with the thread

and also definitely not infinitum, who probably was actually caught lying as he apparently has played hundreds of hours of pokemon but screwed his type up after looking it up

let's all compromise and lynch dickb

• Locked thread