Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Well, poo poo. I'm gonna have to start following the Red Sox again, apparently. Right now I just have their schedule on my phone so I know when the T is gonna be all hosed up around Kenmore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Chexoid posted:

Boston got one of the best pitchers in the world on an absurdly cheap contract and gave up zero major league talent. It's real good.

This is completely misleading. They gave up very good prospects. It's still a very good deal for the red sox though.

I have a feeling Sale and the dumb Boston media won't get along, though.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
I'm already getting mad at people saying "the Sox won/lost this trade". They both have Sox in their name, come on guys.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Bob Nightengale: The White Sox will also acquire Basabe and V. Diaz from Red Sox.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Red Sox got Sale in a relative fleecing, it should have hurt way more to get him

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
It will be interesting to see how Sale's elbow holds up without the supervision of Don Cooper and the White Sox trainers.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

ihatepants posted:

Bob Nightengale: The White Sox will also acquire Basabe and V. Diaz from Red Sox.

I am okay with this. Because they are prospects I don't really know anything about :downs:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Quick! Someone tell me who won/lost this trade?

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Can't wait for Sale to cut up Boston throwback jerseys and the media in that city to piss all over themselves about it

Also, White Sox, trade my team Abreu please

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Now they just need to convince Ortiz to hold off retirement for one more year and the WS is as good as theirs.

Beller
Apr 9, 2009

ihatepants posted:

The White Sox are a joke.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Popete posted:

The Sox.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Popete posted:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Popete posted:

everyone.

red sox get chris sale, consistently one of the best pitchers in the mlb for the past 4-5 years.

white sox get like 3 really good prospects and are finally free of chris sale, a man who idolized a child they kicked out of their clubhouse and inspired him to destroy their throwback jersey day with a psychotic scissor attack.

I'd call it a Good Trade

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Well at least the White Sox didn't trade to noted division rival the Chicago Cubs.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
so, how long before the boston media hates sale

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Beller posted:

The White Sox are a joke.

It's four top 10 prospects but yeah, drat.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

corn on the cop posted:

He's a pretty white so he should be fine.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

corn on the cop posted:

Idk Sale is an angry white manchild so I think Boston will love him.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
White Sox seem to get less than expected for Sale so either they consider him a clubhouse cancer or that down arrow on their stadium is already having an effect

Who do the Nationals panic trade for now

Any Red Sox fans feel like bitching about prospect hugging because I really enjoy that debate

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

The Red Sox got Sale in a relative fleecing, it should have hurt way more to get him

Moncada is the #1 overall prospect. .294/ .407/ .511 in the minors last year. The Red Sox spent $63 million to sign him. He is a huge get for the White Sox.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

CubsWoo posted:

White Sox seem to get less than expected for Sale so either they consider him a clubhouse cancer or that down arrow on their stadium is already having an effect

3 of Boston's top 10 prospects including potentially the best prospect in baseball is less than expected? Sounds about right to me if this was the direction they were going to go.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Sydin posted:

Idk Sale is an angry white manchild so I think Boston will love him.

If he even slightly underperforms then they will hate him.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Which he will, because I want it to happen real bad. Look what happened when I turned my powers on David Price.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

They jays better trade for Eaton.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The Pussy Boss posted:

Moncada is the #1 overall prospect. .294/ .407/ .511 in the minors last year. The Red Sox spent $63 million to sign him. He is a huge get for the White Sox.

30% K rate in AA. It stings to lose Moncada and Kopech because they've got all the physical gifts in the world, but they still have Devers (who might be better than Moncada) and Groome and it's not like trading Betts and Benintendi -- the White Sox asking price in July.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

angrygodofjebus posted:

3 of Boston's top 10 prospects including potentially the best prospect in baseball is less than expected? Sounds about right to me if this was the direction they were going to go.

Chatter is that the White Sox were asking for Betts and Benintendi and may have nearly got it at the deadline and the Yankees arguably got more for a season and a half of Miller

For someone of Sale's caliber for 3 years at that contract I'm shocked they didn't get anyone MLB ready is all

CubsWoo fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Dec 6, 2016

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

will_colorado posted:

Can't wait for Sale to cut up Boston throwback jerseys and the media in that city to piss all over themselves about it

corn on the cop posted:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

He's a pretty white so he should be fine.

"I heard about what happened at the clubhouse this morning... And I have to tell you: it's exactly what this organization needed! We wanna look to the future, we gotta tear down the past! Ted Williams was nothing more than a baby-faced man with little girl arms! And here's something I just found out recently: He wasn't really a Kid!"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Chexoid posted:

Boston got one of the best pitchers in the world on an absurdly cheap contract and gave up zero major league talent. It's real good.

You could say they got an ace pitcher...... on Sale.

I'll be here all week! Tip your waitress!

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Your Taint posted:

You could say they got an ace pitcher...... on Sale.

I'll be here all week! Tip your waitress!

Chris Sold

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
So I guess the red sox are counting on Pablo next season. That or Brock Holt: starting 3b.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I feel like Sale and that contract was one of the more valuable trade chips in MLB and that haul while impressive is nowhere near what he should have brought. What is the deal here

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

bewbies posted:

I feel like Sale and that contract was one of the more valuable trade chips in MLB and that haul while impressive is nowhere near what he should have brought. What is the deal here

Turns out all the White Sox returns are at a Guaranteed Rate

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bewbies posted:

I think it's been pretty obvious for a while now that Sale and White Sox upper-management aren't on the best of terms.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CubsWoo posted:

For someone of Sale's caliber for a year at that contract I'm shocked they didn't get anyone MLB ready is all

Moncada for all intents and purposes is though

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

bewbies posted:

Moncada's value right now is approximately what Kris Bryant's would've been, if the Cubs traded him prior to 2015, if that helps. He is that level of prospect.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

:captainpop:

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

The Pussy Boss posted:

Moncada's value right now is approximately what Kris Bryant's would've been, if the Cubs traded him prior to 2015, if that helps. He is that level of prospect.

So 2018 AL MVP level? Is he expect to just skip AAA entirely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

The Pussy Boss posted:

Agreed, but Sale is one of the best starters in the game, in his prime years, on a deal that's paying him probably a third of his market value for the next three seasons. In order to make this even up Moncada will have to turn into a Kris Bryant kind of player, which is far from a sure thing, and even then I'm not totally sure if it is worth it.

• Locked thread