Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

At least this one probably won't end with an execution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

The Spire of Dreams (Polsy)

Do you guys love the Concubine yet? Do you????????

Artix fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 30, 2016

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

Artix posted:

Do you guys love the Concubine yet? Do you????????

My heart is all aflutter with anticipation for our reunion with her.

The Hand of Ormazd, huh? I suppose you could call this episode a... blue plate special.

...Yeah, I'll see myself out.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
If there is a difference between the Hand and Step powers, it's that Step tends to go from plate to plate or plate to ground, while the Hand tends to leave you one or two moves away from safety, so you'll have to swing, Elika jump, or otherwise do a thing before you can stop.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So just a heads up, this week's update is probably going to be delayed because someone won't send me his audio for the next set of videos. I'm sure you'll be shocked to find out who.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Artix posted:

So just a heads up, this week's update is probably going to be delayed because someone won't send me his audio for the next set of videos. I'm sure you'll be shocked to find out who.

Blind Sally?

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Was it Nolan North?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I bet it was Artix. Just can't rely on that guy.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
It was the carpets. They just weren't thick enough, so we had to redo them.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

The Royal Spire (Polsy)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
nice spire climbin', lou

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

it was one of the posters in this chat channel:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

You thought it was Nine gear crow but it was me Dio Blind sally?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Je suis Blind Sally.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Coronation Hall (Polsy)

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
For some reason I read that as "Coronation Hell"... eh, close enough, right?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think the evil bees are like a timer for the sequences they appear in. If you take too long to do the whole thing they kill you. Which makes them pretty nonthreatening because the platforming paths are generally fairly linear and there's no reason to slow down.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sindai posted:

the platforming paths are generally fairly linear and there's no reason to slow down.

Minus Artix's one long pause waiting for the corruption pools on the wall to get out of his way (which clearly didn't help matters :v:).

Unrelated, I found that conversation about Nolan North and stable time loops of Fedule's anecdotes a hell of a lot funnier than I should've.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So next week we'll probably be off if for no other reason than trying to convince people to do commentary over Christmas is a losing battle. After that, we should be back on track for the last quarter of the game. Happy Holidays, everyone!

The Palace Rooms (Polsy)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Carpets Curtains this thick thin!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The solution to the clones puzzle is definitely the most memorable thing in the game.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Your move, Crow. :colbert:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Artix posted:

Your move, Crow. :colbert:

Alright. Game on:

...Wait. poo poo!

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
The four powers you get have been bothering me. Some of them just seem like upgrades of each other.

Green: Move between points on a physical surface. Sure, unique enough.
Red: Move between points in a straight line in the air.
Blue: Like red, but you can bend your trajectory.
Yellow: Like blue but as far as you want.

Maybe they would've felt better in an upgrade path.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Forgotten Sands non-Wii did color-based upgrades. I don't think it was very good at that, but it was at least more like the previous trilogy than this and had some neat mechanics that were almost unrelated to the upgrades.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
I played PC Forgotten Sands and all I remember is that it was boring and the controls were so precise that they felt wooden

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I mean it's in the title that it was a pretty forgettable game.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

:siren: The City Gate (Polsy) :siren:

nine-gear crow posted:

THE WARRIOR

The Warrior is the fourth and final (base game) Corrupted. His domain is the City of Light, the one-time home to the Ahura common people.

In his mortal life, the Warrior was the king of a proud, but peaceful people from before the days of Ahura. However, his nation was beset from all sides by enemies and his people suffered greatly during their assaults. He lacked the strength to defend his people and ultimately fell into despair as their suffering increased.

It was then that Ahriman came to him, promising to grant him the strength to defend his people and defeat his enemies, which the king, in his desperation, accepted. Ahriman transformed him into the being now known as the Warrior, a powerful and deadly unstoppable force of destruction. The Warrior promptly slaughtered all those who opposed him, but at the cost of the very people he had struck the bargain to defend. Those who survived the war ultimately fled the city rather than live under the rule of a monster.

With his people gone and his city in ruins, the Warrior had nothing left to live for and by then was so deep in Ahriman’s thrall that he ruefully turned himself over to the dark god to serve as one of his Corrupted generals alongside the Hunter, Alchemist, and Concubine.

However, unlike the other Corrupted, there may yet be a shred of his former self still there inside the Warrior’s otherwise impenetrable hulk.

Voiced by: J. Grant Albrecht

Artix fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jan 5, 2017

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I guess the main challenge for the area is meant to be figuring out the puzzle boss, so the platforming is really easy even compared to the other three intro areas.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I'm really looking forward to the worst area! I've only seen as much of the game as you've shown off, but the Warrior seems like an interesting concept, at least. His design is also exaggerated enough that it seems memorable, compared to other Corrupted being liches surrounded by dark tendrils. I appreciated the music selection for the light seeds, too.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

The Tower of Ahriman (Polsy)

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
And straight from one garbage heap into another. At least this one isn't the level's fault?

The Tower of Ormazd (Polsy)

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

The temple wasn't the only staircase in the game. Wasn't there a (thoroughly broken) spiral staircase in one of the levels in the Concubine's area?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I dunno about you guys, but frankly I'm ready to be done with this game so we're going to...accelerate the update schedule a bit. Expect 2 a week until we finish the game.

The Queen's Tower (Polsy)

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Artix posted:

I dunno about you guys, but frankly I'm ready to be done with this game so we're going to...accelerate the update schedule a bit. Expect 2 a week until we finish the game.

The Queen's Tower (Polsy)

Stop spamming updates Artix
This must be
Savored

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I like your choice of music.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Were they joking about the song being Bohemian Rhapsody or did they seriously not know what song it was?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Were they joking about the song being Bohemian Rhapsody or did they seriously not know what song it was?

When we record these I have the music sections silenced, and I'll add whatever music goes in there in post. So 99% of the time the joke is "Someone suggests a song in the video, so I go back and pick something that's similar but still makes them look like an idiot."

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
^^^
the correct way to treat co-commentators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I look forward to the episode with the Deus Ex buttpunching song.

• Locked thread