Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Powershift posted:

I can't wait until every loving supercar theft mission is "drive across map, get into truck that's towing fast cars, drive truck back across the map"

it's so true ... :negative:

I'm interested in seeing what they've learned from CEO and MC in their continuing quest to never improve an existing feature but always add new ones, but I'll have to see a lot more details before I throw in on yet another business scheme in freeroam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Psion posted:

it's so true ... :negative:

I'm interested in seeing what they've learned from CEO and MC in their continuing quest to never improve an existing feature but always add new ones, but I'll have to see a lot more details before I throw in on yet another business scheme in freeroam.

Worse than none of them being as profitable as PAC, they're all carefully mathed out to barely be profitable, like the design some poo poo and then the shark card department comes in and cuts all the payouts in half.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Powershift posted:

I can't wait until every loving supercar theft mission is "drive across map, get into truck that's towing fast cars, drive truck back across the map"

While in free-roam getting chased by Hydras.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Did they manage to slow down hackers at all? This session is ruined by everyone but kissing a guy for free money as he teleports around, flies, spawns bags of money and instant explodes things.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 3, 2016

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Carecat posted:

Did they manage to slow down hackers at all? This session is ruined by everyone but kissing a guy for free money as he teleports around, flies, spawns bags of money and instant explodes things.

The trend seems to be: R* updates the game (CEO update, MC update, etc) & implements some anti cheat to break or better detect menus or whatever. About a month or 2 later modders start showing up.

Usually when I see a modder in lobby acting stupid I just find a new lobby & move on with it. They have been a little more frequent the past week or two, but I haven't seen anything really stupid (exploding lobby) in a long time. Modders can still crash your game though so :shrug:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Every time I've been in a large public session in the last week, I've eventually been attacked by clowns armed with miniguns.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

FuturePastNow posted:

Every time I've been in a large public session in the last week, I've eventually been attacked by clowns armed with miniguns.

& it owns every time.

The last time I ran into a modder he did this while we were doing Most Wanted.
https://gfycat.com/WelldocumentedRespectfulEmeraldtreeskink

It was amazing.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

& it owns every time.

The last time I ran into a modder he did this while we were doing Most Wanted.
https://gfycat.com/WelldocumentedRespectfulEmeraldtreeskink

It was amazing.

Beautiful. Now that I finally have the LSPD tint on the Heavy, most of my freemode fun now is going on hacker safari. Just go around in passive and see what wacky poo poo they're doing. And ramming peoples' cars into the water at the helipad.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Googling a modding forum tells me about all they have done is detect mod menus (then they make new ones), block generating magic money in your own account bigger than 100k a pop and limit spawned money bags to 2k (spawning money was detected but they found a different method). So about the only thing that has changed is hackers can't drop a trillion dollars. Impressive anti cheat for a year and a half after release!

Carecat fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Dec 3, 2016

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Carecat posted:

Googling a modding forum tells me about all they have done is detect mod menus (then they make new ones), block generating magic money in your own account bigger than 100k a pop and limit spawned money bags to 2k (spawning money was detected but they found a different method). So about the only thing that has changed is hackers can't drop a trillion dollars. Impressive anti cheat for a year and a half after release!

It's a good thing reality never matches the garbage you find online.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
people still getting banned on the reg though. if you need to fly around as a chimp making it rain dildos at least make sure you're using a throwaway account.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I find the black market that has popped up around grand theft auto to give me quite the chuckle.

The game is called grand theft auto, except you can't steal cars you have to buy them, so people have started coming up with all sorts of ways to "steal" the cars from the game so now stealing cars in grand theft auto gets you banned.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Jose Mengelez posted:

If you need to fly around as a chimp making it rain dildos at least make sure you're using a throwaway account.
Please don't kinkshame.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Jose Mengelez posted:

people still getting banned on the reg though. if you need to fly around as a chimp making it rain dildos at least make sure you're using a throwaway account.

Can you use throwaway accounts, or is the game key tied to one user account only?

One of the people I gently caress around with most weeks uses a mod menu to spawn stuff in, but only in private game modes so we can lob cargo planes around or have railgun deathmatches. I mean, most of the time. Sometimes it's nice to involve other players:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I think the really dedicated modders just buy stolen accounts off Russian sites every time they get banned.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Finally got myself a PS4 copy in the black friday sale, transferred my old characters over, still have my dead hooker money and am still in LLJK.

Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea what to do next. Last time I played was pre-heists, like 4th of July update back on 360. Any advice for how to try and get back into things?

JSprague24 on PSN. I won't be on until at least the 19th to play, but fear not, as my rear end will be back because I genuinely enjoy nothing on PS4 more than playing this game with Goons and doing things like proximity mining strippers and driving various motorcycles inside Vanilla Unicorn.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I think I'm in love with the Hakuchou Drag. The wheel spin is negated with a quick half-step on the gas before you floor it, it doesn't squirrel around like the Shotaro and if you just tap the brake before a bend it corners hard and powers through nicely. There's something really satisfyingly solid about the way it feels.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

My friends all think it's poo poo but it's hands down my favorite bike.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
your friends are bad, because the Drag is excellent :raise:

like it's hilariously overpriced but whatever, if you have a BF400/Sanchez, a Drag, and a Gargoyle you're set for everything

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Psion posted:

your friends are bad, because the Drag is excellent :raise:

like it's hilariously overpriced but whatever, if you have a BF400/Sanchez, a Drag, and a Gargoyle you're set for everything

Akuma Matata

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Cheap Shot posted:

I haven't played in a year and a half

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Please Zigmidge, don't hurt 'em.

Plus everyone is wrong, we all know the Sanctus is the best bike in the game. Buy a shark card if you're a scrub, I guess... but really $2mil is nothing.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Don't forget the Bati, which is a great little sportbike that's fast and cheap.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Is script hook still screwed? I remember there being a camera detacher mod or whatever that let you use the camera from an unlimited distance away from your character in the editor, but I remember it breaking because of Rockstar.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
They haven't announced what exact dates the gameworld would have snow yet have they? I'm gonna be out of town between 19th and 26th and want at least a couple days. It wasn't up the entire week between xmas and new years last year was it?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I think it was only on for the 3 or 4 days surrounding both nye and chrismas, last time. I forget.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Zigmidge posted:

I think it was only on for the 3 or 4 days surrounding both nye and chrismas, last time. I forget.

yep it was snowy on Christmas eve and Christmas day and then a couple days around new years iirc

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Oh gently caress I can't wait for that. The regular tampa in the snow was a lot of fun, now I get to take an awd version out for a spin. :getin:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

If you think the Tampa is fun in the snow, try the Mamba.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I'm back.

Long time PS4 player. Now on peesee.

Looking for the bestest stupidest gimickiest jobs you got. Cause I love loading up big arsed playlists with my friends and doing dumb poo poo we've never seen before.

This is the first one we did. https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/pc/playlists/playlist/FH_xNCWUyk28L1xxGboaIw

Some were bad. Some were good. Some were better then than should have been.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Come find us on our discord. https://discordapp.com/invite/u4Zdvpg

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Ziploc posted:

I'm back.

I saw "Ziploc" and was like what do you mean PS4 player, I've been playing with you forever. Took me a second to realize that was Gran Turismo 5 on PS3, not GTA5 on PC. I promise our races on PC don't have any more (or less) intentional sabotaging than our super serious GTCC races did. *wink*

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Welp, at least I know one of my characters got nuked. Can't say about the other until I try to switch to it in-game.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

All my outfits have disappeared. What the gently caress?

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Oh, did the Akuma stop being a kickass bike that can do it all for 9k and I missed it? All the new bikes have been cool looking and quick but overpriced as fuuuuck

Cheap Shot fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 7, 2016

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Ziploc posted:

I'm back.

slut

SplitSoul posted:

All my outfits have disappeared. What the gently caress?

It's been happening since the bike update, I lost mine months ago and I am not happy about it because I miss that sweet-rear end cop outfit of mine

E:

Cheap Shot posted:

Oh, did the Akuma stop being a kickass bike that can do it all for 9k and I missed it? All the new bikes have been cool looking and quick but overpriced as fuuuuck

Akuma is fine and good, Zig just hates this game and all of the content in it and everyone who plays it and he is right imo

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

titties posted:

It's been happening since the bike update, I lost mine months ago and I am not happy about it because I miss that sweet-rear end cop outfit of mine

Aside from the ten thousand different game modes that keep splitting the dwindling player base with each update, it's simply mindboggling that Rockstar refuse to fix the weird and stupid bugs in this multi-billion-dollar game.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

SplitSoul posted:

Aside from the ten thousand different game modes that keep splitting the dwindling player base with each update, it's simply mindboggling that Rockstar refuse to fix the weird and stupid bugs in this multi-billion-dollar game.

Does anyone else have an issue where guests get ejected from a vehicle when an activity starts? One of my friends will have everyone in his helicopter, start something like Headhunter, and suddenly we're all falling to our deaths.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

marshmallow creep posted:

Does anyone else have an issue where guests get ejected from a vehicle when an activity starts? One of my friends will have everyone in his helicopter, start something like Headhunter, and suddenly we're all falling to our deaths.

Yeah that happens when you start headhunter with people in your vehicle. I get that too. They just bail automatically when your car/helicopter slows down enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

marshmallow creep posted:

Yes, without fail. Or with plenty of fail, as it were.

• Locked thread