Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tippis posted:

You called them “lying shills” and telling a liar they lie will get you banned every time. :D

I think since that thread has a high maintenance mod requirement, they probably don't even want Star Citizen being discussed there. I don't see anything in my post other than calling them lying shills. Considering that both Hi-Ban and Cmdr Orlando get banned regularly - and for less - it's anyone's guess wtf triggers the mods these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

trucutru posted:

What's puzzling about that? You admitted to being a non-shaver. As per the orders of Imperator Sandiosa that's a huge infraction.

That did cross my mind tbh. And that lends credence to Sandi either being one of the mods, or something even more ominous.

Mordred
Mar 15, 2007

D_Smart posted:

Well at least Shitizens can't cry foul when the same overzealous mods they keep ripping on /r/DS pull the same stunt and ban others.

I just got banned for this post (probably deleted) which is quite puzzling to say the least.

Amazing how something like that can get you banned.

It's not really that amazing, considering you:
1) are the one who consistently lie
2) insult and flame everyone who disproves your ramblings with facts
3) call everyone who disagree with you shills and/or liars

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Mordred posted:

get a refund friend

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I.N.R.I posted:

I'll read all these 10000 word long posts later. in the mean time, I want to remind everyone to call or visit their parents wherever possible. They raised you with love and care and would like to hear about the things you're getting up to in life

Please consider updating the wording of your message in between posts, friend. It feels less authentic reading the same boilerplate reminder the second time around.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/806562440028819456

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Mordred posted:

:eyepop: whoa look at the shills on that guy

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Mordred posted:

nice meltdown :allears:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Mordred posted:

4) aren't asking for money :lol:

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
*hoping we have a new Lazrin*

Hello, friend

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

senior programmer for sq42.

this is normal.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
If you know anything about star citizen and dont agree that its scam then you are either a shill or a victim.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
or you just like bad video games

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Or sunk cost fallacy is a real thing.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

AEGS

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Oleyo posted:

OK, I have some black hole in my memory and I have to ask about it.

What is all this stuff about Sandy's favorite number? I thought the 42/towel was a known and open HHGG reference. Didn;t they mention it in early videos? Did they start denying this at some point? If so, why? I mean, who can say why CIG does anything, but what is really wrong with a HHGG reference like this? It couldn't possibly be a legal matter, just the number and a towel.

What am I missing here?

e: Accidentally typed SQ42 instead of HHGG initially, blech :P

It's been a while, so I may be a bit fuzzy on the details.

This was all at the very outset of everything. Sandi wasn't married to Chris, the ideas were still original. This whole Sq42 thing came around at some point, and everybody was like "Oh! Like Hitchhikers Guide! Haha!" And instead of go with it, Sandi determined that it wasn't in fact a HHGTTG reference, but instead it was her favorite number. So it's all original and totally not cribbing on Douglas Adams.

As for the towel, no idea? I'm sure towels are her favorite bathroom item or something.

Somebody like Beer can probably correct me if I'm way off base. This is some early days stuff when I wasn't really caring too much because the game was still feasible and not a train wreck.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
a good investment

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Mordred posted:

Someone's easily triggererd :allears:

A month ago the figure was 377.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

42 is Sandi's favorite number we know this for a FACT and anybody who thinks otherwise is clueless. It has NOTHING to do with Hitchhiker's Guide

-Derek Smart about 10x in row in the last thread as every other poster tried to correct him

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Beet Wagon posted:

Please consider updating the wording of your message in between posts, friend. It feels less authentic reading the same boilerplate reminder the second time around.

I personally feel that it seems inefficient to reword the same sentiment again and again

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

TheAgent posted:

a good investment

Bulls make money, bears make money, whales get slaughtered

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

I.N.R.I posted:

I'll read all these 10000 word long posts later. in the mean time, I want to remind everyone to call or visit their parents wherever possible. They raised you with love and care and would like to hear about the things you're getting up to in life

Does it count as calling my parents if I just have to shout up the basement stairs?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

I personally feel that it seems inefficient to reword the same sentiment again and again

I should remind you to call or visit FYAD everyso often, they love and miss you and would really appreciate you being there.

:rolleyes:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sunswipe posted:

Homophobes are like that. It's not just that they don't like gays, they can't stand the thought that anyone anywhere might be gay. That's why you end up with people arguing against gay marriage.

This is a very disappointing outlook to have. :(

I hope some day people will be accepting that "happiness" is arbitrary and what makes different people happy may not fit into your personal narrative of what should be. So long as it's not something like murder or something that makes you happy. Try to keep it nice happiness.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheAgent posted:

a good investment

I'm waiting for the IPO

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I.N.R.I posted:

That may be, but perhaps recapturing the interest of your audience is worth the effort. If people see the same message over and over again they may start to ignore it, and their parents might go un-called. :ohdear:

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Solarin posted:

42 is Sandi's favorite number we know this for a FACT and anybody who thinks otherwise is clueless. It has NOTHING to do with Hitchhiker's Guide

-Derek Smart about 10x in row in the last thread as every other poster tried to correct him

Indeed

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

KM Scorchio posted:

Does it count as calling my parents if I just have to shout up the basement stairs?

I suppose. I would suggest you actually make the trip upstairs and speak to them face to face though

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

Well, seriously, if you're not willing to put in any effort, I'm not sure why you think we should then.

PlaneGuy
Mar 28, 2001

g e r m a n
e n g i n e e r i n g

Yam Slacker

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Some posters put up a bunch of theorizing about that in the last thread. I think Derek did a longer write-up, but I doubt it made it to the blog. :allears: IIRC the consensus was that it is some sort of numerology thing with her, but also serves as a stupid HHGG reference in the old nerd shibboleth style.

I think it was a HHGG reference in the old nerd shibboleth style that someone at CIG convinced Sandi was a powerful numerologic integer and he's been enjoying the epic troll ever since.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
I'm going over to my parents' today to help my dad move a big rear end shuffleboard upstairs. I do this even though I'm super tired from work because they raised me and I love them.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
what does o7 or o9 mean? I get major douchechills from it.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheLightPurges posted:

I'm going over to my parents' today to help my dad move a big rear end shuffleboard upstairs. I do this even though I'm super tired from work because they raised me and I love them.

This is very good of you. :)

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Some of you guys really need to take a break.

You are moving goal posts as bad as CiG. You don't even get comedy posts.
You are looking more and more like the reddit forum you like to make fun of.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheLightPurges posted:

what does o7 or o9 mean? I get major douchechills from it.

o7 is a salute. Like a guy's head and arm. All other versions of it are mockery. Apparently it is big in the simulator circles.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Lladre posted:

Some of you guys really need to take a break.

You are moving goal posts as bad as CiG. You don't even get comedy posts.
You are looking more and more like the reddit forum you like to make fun of.

Sup Moma

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

o/ is more appropriate in BF1 chat however.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

The Titanic posted:

o7 is a salute. Like a guy's head and arm. All other versions of it are mockery. Apparently it is big in the simulator circles.

I always struggle with that one because you don't salute with the left hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

I suppose. I would suggest you actually make the trip upstairs and speak to them face to face though

:effort:

code:
Catte Tax Production Schedule:

You are here 
	v
Start---------------------------------------------------------Finish (date TBC)

Look guys, I'm working on the tax but it will go quicker if you send me lots of money. I promise, when it's done it will be the BDCTE.

KM Scorchio fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 7, 2016