Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The Titanic posted:

You'd be surprised maybe. Though really not too many. It's just curiosity. Hearing from the horses mouth is like affirmation of what they probably think. And I think the ones who ask are just either secretly kinky, interested in it but don't want to admit it to themselves, setting you up for the "well you just never had a good man (like me)", or just being rude to set you up with a "well that sounds just wrong and gross." in front of people to make you feel good and happy.

This is way the hell off of Star Citizen now. We're in bat country now! :cheers:

People are generally terrible, and have no sense of "This might be a weird/creepy/not okay thing to ask someone" in my experience. I like to think a lot of them just don't know that it maybe isn't something you should care/ask about because the alternative is way sadder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TheAgent posted:

please please please crobberts make lesbos IV a planet I can explore and capture xi'an lesbians so I can teach them how to love my penis in my cargo hold

tia

…and then have Cronenberg take over the project, at which point it turns out they really love it, especially when roided up like a Belgian Blue, medium-rare, with a side of xil'antro and rad'ixes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Titanic posted:

This is true though. It's in our book. A big two page spread that unfolds. :monocle:
should've been a pop-up book

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

People are generally terrible, and have no sense of "This might be a weird/creepy/not okay thing to ask someone" in my experience. I like to think a lot of them just don't know that it maybe isn't something you should care/ask about because the alternative is way sadder.

I don't mind answering questions though and I try to be pretty open. I feel that if I withhold information I'd be seen in a worse light, like I'm ashamed of myself and justify their other thoughts. It can be a no win situation and while sometimes you know what you're getting into, sometimes it can get real mean and real vicious real fast. That option usually happens with women. I think men just secretly want to save you, or they just like to talk dirty, but it's rarely used vindictively. It's just part of it all. :)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

nawledgelambo posted:

drat.

We need to get an infil team and plant you back on the inside

Operation: Trojan Ben
here's the thing

I hang out at a lot of bars with games type people because I used to work in games a lifetime ago and they are a huge hobby of mine

but CIG is hiring straight outta college or even younger (no joke) and all those kids want to do is impress the boss and not talk poo poo and work lovely long hours and think THIS IS WHAT GAMES PEOPLE DO ITS MY PASSION or whatever dumb poo poo kids think about being used for cheap labor

I can't fault them because I thought the same thing as the higher up executives berated close friends and stole money and hosed around on company hours and I thought "oh this is all part of the deal, coo"

anyway that's why leaks, not just from me, are getting harder and harder to come by

the available pool of people willing to have a few drinks and let loose about their poo poo jobs is getting smaller and smaller

crobberts is keeping, converting or hiring only those willing to share the dream at this point

I mean I can talk tons of poo poo about ea and sony and naughty dog and activision but everyone already kinda knows what its like working for them

when roberts comes out and says something like "oh no, no, we don't work our employees to death here, I don't like the crunch time attitude, we're a family!!" and then people tell me they've barely slept or seen their families in months, that's hosed up and people should know about it

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I feel at this point in the thread, it is my duty as an user of the internets to say:

I can fap to this. :flashfap:

(Purely out of internet tradition though, I'm not actually polishing one up)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

That flag is upside down. Disgraceful. :colbert:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Holy gently caress.

Marching Powder come back we need you.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I'm gay.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

I don't mind answering questions though and I try to be pretty open. I feel that if I withhold information I'd be seen in a worse light, like I'm ashamed of myself and justify their other thoughts. It can be a no win situation and while sometimes you know what you're getting into, sometimes it can get real mean and real vicious real fast. That option usually happens with women. I think men just secretly want to save you, or they just like to talk dirty, but it's rarely used vindictively. It's just part of it all. :)
can you show me on my penis how to be a lesbian

that's not too much to ask, for gods sake I bought you some wings and an arnold palmer, be a trooper about this

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

I'm gay.
Discuss.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sabreseven posted:

I feel at this point in the thread, it is my duty as an user of the internets to say:

I can fap to this. :flashfap:

(Purely out of internet tradition though, I'm not actually polishing one up)

You've done it. You've killed this dead gay thread with that terrible post.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

I'm gay.
suck my dick you human being

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Pgabz needs to use this in a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK6BQA7dUDs

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I appreciate options in games. I was legit upset my FO4 lady had a baby with that creepy guy pretending to be your husband.

Cig used to have two character models in the hangar, did the guy with hair go bye bye?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

There's currently an in-depth discussion going on on :reddit: about whether or not those parking sensors could be used to breach hulls - you know, the thing that isn't loving possible with the way CIG builds their dumb spaceships.

quote:

After all, a Caterpillar is a "search and rescue/salvage" ship. It would likely need the tools to cut a hole in a ship's hull without doing damage to "critical components."

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

You've done it. You've killed this dead gay thread with that terrible post.

:cheeky:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
hair styles are in 3.0, unfortunately the only pube option is totally shaved

my immersion :(

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

thatguy posted:

Discuss.

Not surprised....

Tane.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheLightPurges posted:

what does o7 or o9 mean? I get major douchechills from it.

o4

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

There's currently an in-depth discussion going on on :reddit: about whether or not those parking sensors could be used to breach hulls - you know, the thing that isn't loving possible with the way CIG builds their dumb spaceships.

It's not really going to be more stupid one way or the other, but are they speculating that the parking sensors emit cutting beams, or just that you can ram the parking sensors into another ship's hull to rip it open?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Why does it have one of these on the end?

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Sunswipe posted:

How the hell does anyone think that's an appropriate question to ask someone? I think the closest I've got to that is someone asking me which hand I wank with when they found out I'm left-handed, and that doesn't come close to how not ok asking for exact details of how someone fucks is.

Titanic and Agent have the explanations down for the most part. There's also a certain set of people who think they can straighten others out if they just debate hard enough! You see that sort of behavior online everywhere, as though there's really any arguing matters of taste... (SC is still bad, WC is bad, Sappho is cool as hell tho.)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sunswipe posted:

It's not really going to be more stupid one way or the other, but are they speculating that the parking sensors emit cutting beams, or just that you can ram the parking sensors into another ship's hull to rip it open?

Ramming, obviously, because this is Space WWII. Although one guy was talking about them being attach points for "interdiction modules" which also do not exist in the game.

Sabreseven posted:

Why does it have one of these on the end?

Uh, where else are you going to put your Space Cigarette out? You don't want the UEE to come down on you hard for Space Littering do you?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
someone post sandi wearing her loving giant rear end safety pin and supreme bitchface

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Beet Wagon posted:

Ramming, obviously, because this is Space WWII. Although one guy was talking about them being attach points for "interdiction modules" which also do not exist in the game.

Uh, where else are you going to put your Space Cigarette out? You don't want the UEE to come down on you hard for Space Littering do you?

only losers smoke cancer sticks in the verse. the cool kids vape the 'laxy

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

can you show me on my penis how to be a lesbian

that's not too much to ask, for gods sake I bought you some wings and an arnold palmer, be a trooper about this

You got to grab the tip gently, but firmly, and then *Chris Roberts magic hands flying!*

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

TheAgent posted:

someone post sandi wearing her loving giant rear end safety pin and supreme bitchface

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
safe space indeed

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Right, so I have managed to follow this games dev from arm's length. Who the gently caress is Derek Smart?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

I was involved in that conversation! :monocle:

In so much I said no, and I think nobody cares. :3:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

You got to grab the tip gently, but firmly, and then *Chris Roberts magic hands flying!*
chris roberts handjob: nightmare or wet dream?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

chris roberts handjob: nightmare or wet dream?

The backers will never know! :jerry:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Rocksicles posted:

Right, so I have managed to follow this games dev from arm's length. Who the gently caress is Derek Smart?
derek smart doesn't like pizza

that about sums him up

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

TheAgent posted:

safe space indeed

What? If you're white, clean shaven and male, or have lots of money to give to Sandi, then you're set. Instead of money, an acting role might work. That's diverse! :v:

Also I am sure she's very safe if any of those rumors are to be believed.

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 8, 2016

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

TheAgent posted:

but CIG is hiring straight outta college or even younger (no joke)
I looked at the reel of an animator listed high on CIG's linkedin and they couldn't even do a good walk cycle.

The worst reel I've seen in a long time from an ostensible professional.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
how can anyone hate pizza

what the gently caress is wrong with you derek

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov posted:

Also I am sure she's very safe if any of those rumors are to be believed.
safe for pay

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

nawledgelambo posted:

drat.

We need to get an infil team and plant you back on the inside

Operation: Trojan Ben

crowfund a honeytrap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles