Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Yeah that's my question, what exactly is the situation that your voice comes out of the speakers? :confused:

He said he wears earbuds so that voice chat doesn't come out of his speakers. If it did, then it would come out of his speakers and go back into his microphone, where I'd be able to hear it.

The rest of your post is pretty spot on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Yeah that's my question, what exactly is the situation that your voice comes out of the speakers? :confused:

Player 1 says something over VOIP
Sound comes out of Player 2's speaker
Player 2's mic picks up audio from the speakers and transmits game audio and/or voip whenever Player 2 hits their PTT key.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I'm surprised I haven't seen a plague of glazs myself considering this is a modern military shooter. I guess with the way gun play works in the game they dont need to be a sniper to have an inflated sense of skill and become operator as fuk.
I wonder who is the people who think they know what they're doing but don't character.

I've noticed the further from release you look the less popular Glaz is, it took a while but I think people eventually realised that you can't just be the dead-weight sniper every game.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

He said he wears earbuds so that voice chat doesn't come out of his speakers. If it did, then it would come out of his speakers and go back into his microphone, where I'd be able to hear it.

The rest of your post is pretty spot on.

lohli posted:

Player 2's mic picks up audio from the speakers and transmits game audio and/or voip whenever Player 2 hits their PTT key.
I was so close but yet so far away from figuring this out.

:negative:

lohli posted:

I've noticed the further from release you look the less popular Glaz is, it took a while but I think people eventually realised that you can't just be the dead-weight sniper every game.
The maps help a great deal with this, I feel. There hardly are situations where you can make kills with a sniper without wishing to be literally anything else, so even if you're channeling your inner Chris Kyle two hours every morning, you end up picking something else to get to the actual shooting.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 7, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Please don't invest anything in ~gaming~ audio or furniture. Also please fix your game Hard, my friend's HyperX Cloud II is still not being recognized by the game.
:rip: Fair enough, video game is not worth a migraine.

My gaming chair is awesome. Well adjusted, comfortable and sturdy. Also my headphones works just fine so it's not my problem. Fix your friend :colbert:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

lohli posted:

If the game wasn't oneshot-headshot i'm fairly sure we would see a shitton more of 'Main Glaz''

e: ffffffff Quote != EditReply

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
the only operators i think are hard enough to consider not taking are Thatcher and Smoke

Paradigmata posted:

Also people that get angry are usually bad players or wont improve, because they cant control their emotions and seem to be bad at adapting and learning from mistakes or just outright will blame someone else for their incompetence.

yeah this is why they are stuck playing alone in a competitive game where so few people do it being in a group gives you an automatic advantage at the lower ranks

i consider myself a very casual player in this game but i will play 5th wheel to an organized group whenever i see one in discord and ranked is fun as hell because of trying to work together as a team regardless of which operators you choose, not the outcome of the little pixel jpeg next to your profile avatar.

i bounce between gold number ranks and i'm sure if i played ranked more regularly it would be platinum - not at all because of my skill but because of my willingness to assist my teammates and talking on the microphone in discord. the people i play with know i'm bad but they have never ever kicked me out of the group or blamed me because of it even if we lose. you won't see me blasting headshots as often but that doesn't stop me from locking down an entire chokepoint by expending ammo at it in irregular intervals. things like suppressing fire, communication and using shields or traps to harass the enemy without even having to directly hit them all have a huge affect on the flow of a round I think. another thing you can do is just take a shotgun and blow giant loving holes in the wall to confuse the other team regardless of if you're on offense or defense.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard posted:

My gaming chair is awesome. Well adjusted, comfortable and sturdy. Also my headphones works just fine so it's not my problem. Fix your friend :colbert:
Wow rude :(

Seriously though, this microphone problem is the least decipherable problem I have encountered in a while, albeit I suspect that his OS might be hosed up a wee bit. Although, apparently there's plenty of Russians complaining about VoIP accessibility.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 7, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Thief posted:

the only operators i think are hard enough to consider not taking are Thatcher and Smoke

I get smoke because his gadget is basically like throwing a less lethal C4 and is asking to have the guy come around and kill you mid-throw. But how is Thatcher hard to play? You just throw his grenade down where the breacher asks and then you throw another one inside the objective room. Is his guns supposed to be bad/hard to use? I don't even know what constitutes a good gun anymore or a gun that I like using. I like going Rook/Doc because I feel their skills can be super useful but end up feeling like I'm gimping my team because of my weapon choices.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Otherwise I think you have a good point about ~Le Operators~ picking 3 speed attackers, in line with current meta.

3 speed + angled grip has certain encounters feeling like COD and Siege were mashed together in a really nasty unfun way.

I wouldn't mind so much if it weren't for just how quiet the 3 speed guys are, it feels like it's too easy to have an Ash or Hibana get the drop on you.

Ularg posted:

I get smoke because his gadget is basically like throwing a less lethal C4 and is asking to have the guy come around and kill you mid-throw. But how is Thatcher hard to play? You just throw his grenade down where the breacher asks and then you throw another one inside the objective room. Is his guns supposed to be bad/hard to use? I don't even know what constitutes a good gun anymore or a gun that I like using. I like going Rook/Doc because I feel their skills can be super useful but end up feeling like I'm gimping my team because of my weapon choices.

The difficulty in Thatcher is knowing when and where to throw things as well as the general responsibility you have to help breachers get in before you get toasted, it's harder than it used to since the EMP range got nerfed quite badly. Just throwing poo poo where the breachers mark works fine most of the time, but other times you need to use some initiative and that's where things like knowing the room layout and where gadgets are is necessary.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Thief posted:

Thatcher is just a gun tho???

Smoke feels like he's in a good place now even w/o the ACOG. The limb damage change and new destruction system feels like it did a lot for shotguns; you can shoot open rotations with far fewer shells if you aim parallel into the wall, and hipfire feels really consistent now. Extended Barrel isn't bad on the MAC11 now that you don't really have to care about recoil either. Still kinda torn between him and Echo, but I can see myself playing more Smoke once people get better at spotting the drone.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Yeah Thatcher seems really simple to use.
I think the shield guys are deceptively hard to use, even not taking the bug into account.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Wow rude :(

Seriously though, this microphone problem is the least decipherable problem I have encountered in a while, albeit I suspect that his OS might be hosed up a wee bit. Although, apparently there's plenty of Russians complaining about VoIP accessibility.

Is Siege the only game he has issues ? ( If that's the case sending me his DXdiag wouldn't hurt.)

They were gift when we shipped the game so about 500+ devs are using/used them and I never heard someone mentioning they didn't work.

Granted i didn't engage in this topic with everybody but at one point everyone was using them to play Siege.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Hard posted:

Is Siege the only game he has issues ? ( If that's the case sending me his DXdiag wouldn't hurt.)

They were gift when we shipped the game so about 500+ devs are using/used them and I never heard someone mentioning they didn't work.

Granted i didn't engage in this topic with everybody but at one point everyone was using them to play Siege.

The microphone is definitely broken in siege. I've had countless people in-game complain about mic issues. There was a guy in the old thread who emailed the manufacturer of his headset and they replied saying it's a problem with siege. Sometimes it doesn't recognise the mic, sometimes the mic volume is too low. It's a problem.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sultan Tarquin posted:

The microphone is definitely broken in siege. I've had countless people in-game complain about mic issues. There was a guy in the old thread who emailed the manufacturer of his headset and they replied saying it's a problem with siege. Sometimes it doesn't recognise the mic, sometimes the mic volume is too low. It's a problem.

That was me; I have the exact same headphone as Hard. Using the USB DAC means that mic output volume is low as gently caress and there's no real way to increase it in game.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
weird AF, my mic is working fine and I've never had any issues. :/

[insert mumble > discord joke] but are you talking about ingame voice?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Hard posted:

Yeah. Ingame voice is knackered as gently caress. My mic works perfectly in every single other program that uses the microphone. I can be talking on discord perfectly clearly and at the right volume and it just won't work ingame.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

There are settings in the uplay overlay that appear as though they should be unrelated but you can adjust mic output there so who knows really

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I seem to be very quiet in game as well

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

The Duggler posted:

There are settings in the uplay overlay that appear as though they should be unrelated but you can adjust mic output there so who knows really

That's actually for the completely separate uplay party voice chat.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard posted:

Yes, this is the only game he has any whatsoever issues with microphone. The problem is that the game does not detect the microphone at all, rather than a volume issue of sorts. The headset itself works in the game, for listening, just not the microphone. The microphone did work until some patch before Red Crow, then it just died. The headset is connected through USB dongle thing. Swapping between USB ports, multiple 3.0 and 2.0 options, does not help. I'll PM you his dxdiag in a moment.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Dec 7, 2016

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Hard you are a true saint

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Hard posted:

Talking about the ingame voice, yeah. poo poo has been hosed since release basically, which is why everyone uses a third party program.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Speaking of loudness though, while my perception might be skewed by living in land where literally everyone yells into Cold War era radio equipment for in-game voice communications, I've never faced any audibility issues. I mean, my own asides, but they are not game specific. I have a slightly weird-rear end microphone, so regardless of the program I am using it in, there will be no sound recorded with Windows microphone volume level below 93. As soon as it is 93 I can be heard yelling over from the hallway.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Party Plane Jones posted:

Talking about the ingame voice, yeah. poo poo has been hosed since release basically, which is why everyone uses a third party program.

Proper VOIP programs have definitely always been better than siege's ingame stuff but with, I think, the latest big update it seems like lots of people are much much quieter than before.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I moved my USB headset plug from the top of my case to the back and WHOOSH, all the crackling and static went away. I'm back to louder sound, its great.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Christ no wonder.

Front panel can be really bad for audio especially if you got a cheap case as it uses an extra (often cheap) wire to connect to your sound card.

Front panel should be a phone charger and that's about it :p

e: VV yeeeah the MP5 is one of my favorite weapon.

Hard fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 8, 2016

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Ularg posted:

I like going Rook/Doc because I feel their skills can be super useful but end up feeling like I'm gimping my team because of my weapon choices.

Never feel bad picking Rook, it's what I pick all the time and I consider myself between slightly bad to mediocre. Just by doing so, you make everyone else on your team better passively, so they have more flexibility to clutch the round for you.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hard posted:

If the game wasn't oneshot-headshot i'm fairly sure we would see a shitton more of 'Main Glaz''

e: ffffffff Quote != EditReply

Let Glaz shoot through indestructible walls. Problem Solved

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

lohli posted:

The difficulty in Thatcher is knowing when and where to throw things as well as the general responsibility you have to help breachers get in before you get toasted, it's harder than it used to since the EMP range got nerfed quite badly. Just throwing poo poo where the breachers mark works fine most of the time, but other times you need to use some initiative and that's where things like knowing the room layout and where gadgets are is necessary.

This is how I feel. Weapon loadouts, armor and speed aside if you look at him compared to the other operators I feel like his special ability is very situational and you won't see him being as useful to a disorganized team compared to practically any other attacker.

Even IQ can just skim the edges of the building and pop kapkans through wooden boards. Or she can also find the bomb/containers before the team even breaches the building more often than not if the drones are suffering bad luck.

And since every player is forced to use a drone regularly I'd guess someone like Twitch will just come naturally to a player.

Overall I don't think it matters much. At the worst it should only take like 3 hits to kill another player regardless of who you are. Things like team composition are overrated I think, it is really hard to pick any 5 of the operators and find yourself gimped. Actually getting locked out of an objective is so rare that when it does actually happen it's really just more impressive on the part of the defenders.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I feel the opposite. Thatcher can just toss emps and maybe get stuff that might matter, but in disorganized IQ struggles to be useful because her ability is more useful with call outs.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Same, Thatcher feels like a very straightforward pick for a disorganised play. There's a Thermite or Hibana in your team? Piggyback them to the nearest wall, then throw grenade when they ask or look at you with gadget in their hands. Otherwise, just throw it at the walls or doors around the bad guys, but not in so Jager doesn't nullify the EMP. His AR is very good either, so it really feels like one of the few safety picks where you can't really gently caress things up.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
It'll never happen but I really wish IQ's gadget didn't pick up allied equipment

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

has anyone bought the new frost bundle that lets you dress up as the best friend from Life is Strange™ yet?

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I solved my sound problem by installing Equalizer APO and finding settings that made my sound better and louder.

Then I went too loud and blew some of my headset, I get crackles on real bassy stuff now. But I can hear footsteps and other things much more clearly! Any recommendations for $50-75 headsets that won't blow out easily and also have a mic?

EDIT: My current set is the Microsft LifeChat LX-3000.

Probably HyperX Cloud II if it hasn't been said already. They also have step down versions of the headset that remove things like the mic, the usb DAC, and the swapable ear pads if you are tight on money. If things are super tight you can also opt to get the HyperX Cloud Stinger ($49 on amazon) which uses the exact same drivers as the Cloud Core and exact same mic as well only now its non removable and its also now a fully plastic headset. But generally you'll get something that sounds on par with the Cloud line of headsets with the Stinger.

If you somehow find yourself with 150-200 dollars burning a hole in your pocket and you absolutely must have a gaming headset then the Sennheiser GAME ONE ($168 on amazon) is a really solid option.

And if you literally have no money at all: Sennheiser HD202 ($24 on amazon) is probably your best bet. No integrated mic but you can get the Zalman Zm-Mic1 ($7 on amazon) and you'd easily have one of the cheapest but best sounding headphones both to you and to the people you play with for well under $40.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Thief posted:

has anyone bought the new frost bundle that lets you dress up as the best friend from Life is Strange™ yet?

I don't have frost yet so I can't yet be the grrl

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
I bought them.

Because I'm on a quest to fund the game entirely through micro transactions.

http://i.imgur.com/ncu8xii.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LnSBepO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bR8G7dk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dJLWwPQ.jpg

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

i play frost a lot, she seems easier to get trap kills with than kapkan

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Dosvidanya posted:

It'll never happen but I really wish IQ's gadget didn't pick up allied equipment

They could change the color to red or something. Dunno if it's a balance issue.

And thanks IceOrb. I played several games with my USB in the back slot and everything was great. I'll keep all that in mind if I look again though!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Admiral Joeslop posted:

They could change the color to red or something. Dunno if it's a balance issue.

IQ's gadget being blue on white or white on blue (I rarely use it TBH) plus drones showing up makes it a massive pain in the rear end, yes. Daytime maps especially you're going to have a hard time actually seeing objects because of how bright the lighting is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

How many of you guys get the season pass? I am enjoying this game enough I don't think I would mind investing more into it.

• Locked thread