Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Tavarin posted:

I don't think that'll happen. Quintana is still signed for another four years, so unless the Sox get blown away I think they'll just hold onto him. Of course that leaves quite a few players that could be dealt. David Robertson, Nate Jones, Melky, Abreu, Frazier and James Shields if anyone is drunk.

:pray: Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from Shields. :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Christ that is a giant overpay

Apparently the Nats' offer for Sale was the same three guys plus Robles

In which case Kenny Williams needs to be fired on the spot.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bewbies posted:

Adam Eaton is very good and is on a very good deal for several more seasons but that is way too much to give up for him.

Is there some sort of personal issue with Eaton that I'm not aware of because I always thought he seemed pretty cool

He's one of Drake LaRoche's biggest fans. He said the White Sox lost a leader when he wasn't allowed in the clubhouse anymore :lol:

Julio Cruz posted:

Why? He got most of that package anyway, but now he also has Moncada

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Julio Cruz posted:

Why?

What he and Hahn did was better. They could have very easily sensed while talking that the Nationals would give up what they would for just Eaton and then just took the RSox's Offer.

Got top prospects from two organizations rather than one.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Huntington probably thought three guys was too many to have to pay

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I dunno, having a ~top 30 OBP in MLB three years in a row while playing good defense is pretty good. Also comes with a 5/38 contract, and if it all goes horribly wrong in 2019 or 2020 they can cut ties.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Your Taint posted:

A trade that can work out well for both sides. And Davis, if he owns again in 2017, should be much cheaper to lock up than Jansen or Chapman.
If Davis performs well, wouldn't he probably get a Melancon-size contract?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I dunno, having a ~top 30 OBP in MLB three years in a row while playing good defense is pretty good. Also comes with a 5/38 contract, and if it all goes horribly wrong in 2019 or 2020 they can cut ties.

https://twitter.com/DSzymborski/status/806625866784641024

Also Eaton in CF is mostly average defensively.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thom P. Tiers posted:

The contract is great and he's a good player, it's just a lot to give up. It's a desperation move for someone who, even at his best, is likely not going to get you to where you're obviously trying to go.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/DSzymborski/status/806625866784641024

Also Eaton in CF is mostly average defensively.

that is a gem of a tweet.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Trade us fuckin Stroman, Toronto.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't expect the Astros to make a run for Stroman but you have to admit if they pulled off a trade that would be a pretty pro player/team name combination

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
What is there for Stroman to rap or snapchat about in Denver. Jack poo poo. No deal.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

"While the Rockies are reportedly intrigued by Stroman, Morosi relays that they would not be willing to trade Charlie Blackmon straight-up for the 25-year-old right-hander. "

lol

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Huntington probably thought three guys was too many to have to pay
I just realized that they aren't going to trade Cutch and try to use that as PR for how loyal they are to the fans about keeping the face of the franchise as they continue to do jack poo poo in the offseason.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Anyone else a little underwhelmed by Giolito when they called him up? Saw a couple of his starts and that ~80 fastball~ was... meh. And yes I know he is 22 years old with a great track record in the minors.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ArtVandelay posted:

I don't know that much about Adam Eaton, but what I've seen I'm not really that impressed. Is he really worth giolito +? How should I feel about this as a Nats fan?

I think Giolito is pretty overrated, but it seems like the Nats just gave up their Sale package for Eaton...

The Pussy Boss posted:

Anyone else a little underwhelmed by Giolito when they called him up? Saw a couple of his starts and that ~80 fastball~ was... meh. And yes I know he is 22 years old with a great track record in the minors.

His track record in the minors honestly isn't that impressive for this apparently obvious #1 RHP prospect.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Chexoid posted:

What is there for Stroman to rap or snapchat about in Denver. Jack poo poo. No deal.

Craft beer
Weed
Snow
Mountains
Good lookin women

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
https://twitter.com/ChrisCotillo/status/806636978984861697

:laffo:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

loving owns.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

:allears:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lmao

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

He was just up to here with Oakland's poo poo.

Also it's Toronto that's asking for more than Blackmon for Stroman, not the Rockies.

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 8, 2016

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

Blech

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Nationals got played extremely hard, it'll be funny if they miss the playoffs next year

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Julio Cruz posted:

Kenny Williams is the new Theo Epstein.

But only in the fact that everyone forgets they aren't the GM.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

corn on the cop posted:

Is Rizzo drunk?

Took me a second to realize you weren't talking about Anthony Rizzos batting stance.

Popete posted:

I sincerely hope the Nats are in panic mode and trying desperately to make SOMETHING happen. Please sell the farm.

Quoting myself from a few pages before the Eaton trade, lol.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Came here to post that. gently caress him but that's absolutely hilarious and I love it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Carlosologist posted:

The Nationals got played extremely hard, it'll be funny if they miss the playoffs next year

That's a team almost overly cognizant of their window, right there.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Inspector_666 posted:

That's a team almost overly cognizant of their window, right there.

They completely sold the farm and didn't recognize why they got rejected for Sale, Mike Rizzo needs to get shitcanned asap

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

They completely sold the farm and didn't recognize why they got rejected for Sale, Mike Rizzo needs to get shitcanned asap

It's a bad trade but lol

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

will_colorado posted:

Craft beer
Weed
Snow
Mountains
Good lookin women

Thank you for describing Canada

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Still laughing at the Ian Desmond deal

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Rough day at work made up for by getting all the prospects for Eaton. Going to miss the dude a bit but his value could not get any higher. Keep tearing it down Hahn

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Seriously, the prospect price of these trades keeps growing and growing

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

HAHAH this is the best tweet.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Hand Knit posted:

Well, they're allowed to dream I guess.

Let's see the ol' Colorado splits:

Career home: .334/.389/.511
Career away: .261/.305/.422

He's like Pillar with more power.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Carlosologist posted:

Seriously, the prospect price of these trades keeps growing and growing

Soler for Davis straight up is looking sweeter and sweeter for both teams imo.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Twin Cinema posted:

Let's see the ol' Colorado splits:

Career home: .334/.389/.511
Career away: .261/.305/.422

He's like Pillar with more power.

And shittier defense and less control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Chris "Once Threw A No-Hitter, No Really" Heston to the Mariners.

• Locked thread