Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I watched Mob and was kind of enjoying the fun high school poo poo but then poo poo got good fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froggycleric
May 11, 2013

Don't sully his love with imagined reasons.
http://mangastream.com/r/my_hero_academia/119/3873/1

Chapters up

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
I can't believe Bakugo is loving dead

Good chapter.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"Hey Kacchan! I'm using 8% of my total power! I've caught up with you :dance:"

"THE gently caress"

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Seeing Deku being like, the good guy variant of Freezer is kinda amusing.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

All Might will die... in five minutes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ahahahaha. the cover of Jump this week has various characters dressed up as various Strawhat crew members.

Midoriya is, of course, Sanji. Should be obvious what with his moveset change and all! :allears:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Alright, who called it? I don't wanna go back and check, but someone called this poo poo exactly.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Captain Invictus posted:

ahahahaha. the cover of Jump this week has various characters dressed up as various Strawhat crew members.

Midoriya is, of course, Sanji. Should be obvious what with his moveset change and all! :allears:

Oh poo poo, I just realized Zoro is Aster!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I bet Midoriya just broke bakugou's arms

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wonder why so many people write breath instead of breathe

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I notice that in translations a lot and I think it's an ESL thing- typically people coming from non-English (particularly Asian languages) to English have trouble with stuff like homophones. This isn't really a homophone but I could see confusing "Breath" and "Breathe" if English isn't your native tongue and you're trying to sound it out in your head.

This is mostly coming from my coworkers and colleagues- many of whom speak English as their second language and Thai and/or Chinese as their primary.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 8, 2016

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's easy to remember that "ea" makes the /i/ sound, but harder to remember that following that with "th" undoes it eg "death" :shrug:

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Dr Subterfuge posted:

It's easy to remember that "ea" makes the /i/ sound, but harder to remember that following that with "th" undoes it eg "death" :shrug:

Sheath. Beneath. Wreath.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
This mange is a real breathe of fresh air.

rosenritter
Feb 22, 2014
If I was smart and literary and I would compare and contrast Mob Psycho 100 and My Hero Academia but I'm not so I'll just say they're both good and I enjoy the different ways they tackle similar subjects.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm stupid as gently caress and that ain't stopped me.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I loving love how Bakugou's power looks so goddamn cool and dynamic and volatile and explosive and amazing.

I'm just a big fan of him using his power for mobility cause it's like.... you're using EXPLOSIONS to boost yourself, how is that not goddamn awesome????

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Exercu posted:

Sheath. Beneath. Wreath.

Should have known there were counter examples. A different th sound though.

English spelling/pronuncuation is a total mess.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Dec 8, 2016

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Hate-Senpai posted:

I loving love how Bakugou's power looks so goddamn cool and dynamic and volatile and explosive and amazing.

I'm just a big fan of him using his power for mobility cause it's like.... you're using EXPLOSIONS to boost yourself, how is that not goddamn awesome????

He's rocket-jumping into every fight. It kicks rear end.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm pretty sure he literally used the spin dash this chapter.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Should have known there were counter examples. A different th sound though.

English spelling/pronuncuation is a total mess.

No, same th sound, even. Death, sheath, wreath and beneath all end on an unvoiced th.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Panels like the one in the bottom are fantastic because they convey so much movement and action at once, but it's still easy enough to tell what happened. It does a great job of capturing the tension and speed of the fight.

Hell yeah Bakugou.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Bakugou being an insane combat savant and not just someone who coasts on an incredible quirk is one of my favorite things about him.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Am I just imagining things, or is this ominous narration foreshadowing that Deku is going to accidentally cripple Kacchan? Maybe he was a decoy rival all along. Hot Coldman basically occupies the same role, even being the son of the mentor's rival, and he even failed the hero test like Kacchan did. Why have two characters serving the same purpose in the plot? And when Kacchan failed the test, it was for more nebulous reasons. Maybe the plan was never to have him get his license later. Maybe the author always intended for him to become a vegetable here. Maybe that's why he was written as so unlikable, so readers wouldn't be as bummed out by his career ruining injury.

I'm also very suspicious of the previous chapter's unseen character stopping Eraserhead. If it was just All Might, why did the author want to conceal that?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
A 5% smash to the jaw didn't even knock out Stain, at least immediately. An 8% smash through a guard might be damaging, but not to that extent. Plus they have the Youthful Heroine Recovery Girl there to fix any ouchies.

I do think it might well be the traitor that intercepted Aizawa though.

Also

Tunahead posted:

Hot Coldman basically occupies the same role

Glad to see we are in the same faction of the Stupid Nickname Civil War.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, this might actually be the first time deku has narrated in the past tense, I believe, which is NEVER a good sign for what's going to happen

Aurora posted:

I'm pretty sure he literally used the spin dash this chapter.

Yes he straight up sonic spindashes at deku at one point.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Exercu posted:

No, same th sound, even. Death, sheath, wreath and beneath all end on an unvoiced th.

:doh: right you are

Tunahead posted:

Am I just imagining things, or is this ominous narration foreshadowing that Deku is going to accidentally cripple Kacchan? Maybe he was a decoy rival all along. Hot Coldman basically occupies the same role, even being the son of the mentor's rival, and he even failed the hero test like Kacchan did. Why have two characters serving the same purpose in the plot? And when Kacchan failed the test, it was for more nebulous reasons. Maybe the plan was never to have him get his license later. Maybe the author always intended for him to become a vegetable here. Maybe that's why he was written as so unlikable, so readers wouldn't be as bummed out by his career ruining injury.

I'm also very suspicious of the previous chapter's unseen character stopping Eraserhead. If it was just All Might, why did the author want to conceal that?

Brain damage is way too dark for this story, so that's out. With the Recovery Girl running around, the danger with Deku's accidentally doing too far is more the pain he would be inflicting or the possible discipline he might receive.

However:

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah, this might actually be the first time deku has narrated in the past tense, I believe, which is NEVER a good sign for what's going to happen

I believe the last time it happened was right before when Iida went and challenged Stain. And we all know how that turned out.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Poor Iida, RIP

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I believe the last time it happened was right before when Iida went and challenged Stain. And we all know how that turned out.

And his past tense narration was just as ominous that time around.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
My prediction: Bakugou joins the "destroyed hand" club, and Todoroki (who happened to accidentally delay Eraserhead by startling him as he was going to the convenience store) starts covertly looking into local exorcists.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Unless Deku outright killed Bakugou, I don't see how it'll be crippling considering OFA's blowback damage has been way worse. And I doubt 8% is enough to instagib Bakugou when 5% isn't. Looking forward to next week now, this week was intense and excellent action though.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

JahRoo posted:

And his past tense narration was just as ominous that time around.

Yeah. Bakugou shouldn't be in any real danger, but that narration is shouting REGRET, REGRET. Unintended consequences ahoy!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ChronoReverse posted:

Unless Deku outright killed Bakugou, I don't see how it'll be crippling considering OFA's blowback damage has been way worse. And I doubt 8% is enough to instagib Bakugou when 5% isn't. Looking forward to next week now, this week was intense and excellent action though.

Yeah, considering the sheer poo poo Deku's arm has taken while remaining fixable I think Bakugou has a bit of a buffer (don't think he's even been seriously injured)?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Countblanc posted:

Bakugou being an insane combat savant and not just someone who coasts on an incredible quirk is one of my favorite things about him.

he's trained a ridiculous amount its not really being a savant

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
A guy who sweats nitroglycerin must be a real hit in additional screening at the airport

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Gaining 3 percent of basically superman's power is a lot.

I imagine this ends the fight or someone steps in.

5% let a smallish, mildly fit teenager lay a trained adult out in a couple punches, wall jump, and leap 20+ feet on the air.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I think it's pretty clear that Bakugou is gifted at pretty much everything he does that doesn't involve not being a poo poo head. It isn't just that he has trained more than everyone or something.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

A guy who sweats nitroglycerin must be a real hit in additional screening at the airport

I imagine that when 80% of people have superpowers, many of which are insanely destructive, airport security staff have mostly just given up and slunk home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
bakugou is naturally very very talented, its where his arrogance comes from in the first place

they show it in a flashback to his childhood. hes like "why isnt anyone else getting this..." then he has a realizaiton "I get it! I'm just better than everyone!"