Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Endorph posted:

i mean, if a thing does well, they'll make more of it. buying something helps it to sell well, which means the corporation will want to make more of it to make more money.

SNK isn't involved in these re-releases beyond giving the license to whoever pays up, that's why we just got two different Garou re-releases by two different developers. "Speaking with your wallet" doesn't make a difference in this instance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

also i think you guys are in denial, one of the most successful video game marketing models in existence is "what if first person shooters, but without aim"

Yes Overwatch is pretty successful :P

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

SNK isn't involved in these re-releases beyond giving the license to whoever pays up, that's why we just got two different Garou re-releases by two different developers. "Speaking with your wallet" doesn't make a difference in this instance.
i was talking about valkyria chronicles tbh

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
i'd speak with my wallet if sega would just put vf5 on steam

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
ah yes VF5, for when you want a game that has a near vertical learning curve with nearly zero players, but isn't anime

edit: epic changes made to this post 12/7/2016

Zand fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 8, 2016

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Zand posted:

ah yes VF5, for when you want a game that has a near vertical learning curve with nearly zero players

also this is a joke since its a 3 button fg where you just do option selects until the round is over

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Zand posted:

also this is a joke since its a 3 button fg where you just do option selects until the round is over

https://youtu.be/Y6gulMclzrU?t=10

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Got some friends coming over for the holidays, and one of the games we may be playing is SFV. Anything I should know before trying to get two controllers working with the PC version? :v:

Also, any information out there on how Juri is supposed to be played? Just unlocked her because multiple people coming want to play her, and I'm curious myself after doing story/survival grinding with her.

e: Meant this to go in the SFV thread. Oops.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Dec 8, 2016

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

General Morden posted:

i'd speak with my wallet if sega would just put vf5 on steam

same friend

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Night Blade posted:

Yes Overwatch is pretty successful :P

every post i see from you is some weird snipe at overwatch and you seem like a very sad person

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

absolutely anything posted:

every post i see from you is some weird snipe at overwatch and you seem like a very sad person

ok.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
I don't believe that anyone actually plays VF5, they just talk about how people should play it and then go back to whatever they were really doing.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

so the same thing as with tekken?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
People ask for VF5 because absolutely noone still holds out hope for VF6.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i played more guilty gear tonight. very fun. capcom should look into it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

People ask for VF5 because absolutely noone still holds out hope for VF6.

basically plus i cant be assed to plug my ps3 back in

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

get harada to put VF chars in T7

or get harada to make VF6

one or the other (preferably both)

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Zand posted:

everyone knows programmers are the best game designers

they really are

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Sort of off topic, but does anyone have any recommendations for a headset I can use for PS4 and the TE2 fightstick? It's a great stick but no input for a wired headset. I know there's there Sony PS4 gold headset, but I don't use it enough to really warrant that cost.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

General Morden posted:

get harada to put VF chars in T7

or get harada to make VF6

one or the other (preferably both)

dont let that motherfucker near vf hes gonna make everyone like shoot lasers and poo poo and have tanks for hands

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Put Karnov in Tekken.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

dangerdoom volvo posted:

dont let that motherfucker near vf hes gonna make everyone like shoot lasers and poo poo and have tanks for hands

lei fei immolates himself at the start of every round

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Medullah posted:

Sort of off topic, but does anyone have any recommendations for a headset I can use for PS4 and the TE2 fightstick? It's a great stick but no input for a wired headset. I know there's there Sony PS4 gold headset, but I don't use it enough to really warrant that cost.

Can you log into a 2nd account on your ds4 and have that account join a party while your primary plays

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I got a 25% off Nitroplus voucher out of nowhere and had some money in my Steam wallet so I ended up getting it despite not planning to do so. :toot:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nitroplus is good.

Unless you play Saber in which case you're working from scratch since she's got like nothing written about her. Apparently the new arcade port gives her some legitimate good stuff and reasons to pop Invisible Air other than a teensy bit of extra damage.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Lemon-Lime posted:

I got a 25% off Nitroplus voucher out of nowhere and had some money in my Steam wallet so I ended up getting it despite not planning to do so. :toot:

Owning Skullgirls gives you the voucher I think. I bought it too, cost $20 in the checkout with the voucher.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I have skullgrills and nitroplus is listed at $27. The extra 7 dollars off must be from something else.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Nitroplus definitely looks like some weird waifu fighter.

SperginMcBadposter posted:

I have skullgrills and nitroplus is listed at $27. The extra 7 dollars off must be from something else.

You have to go into checkout.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

there is a coupn that isn't applied until you go to checkout, and yo get an additional 7 dollars off.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

this game has not one but count them 2 story modes, and the cpu can't deal with sonicos low charged cat that does wall bounce. looks like the ultimate casual fighting game fans have been clamoring for since sf5 failed to deliver is finally here

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Zain posted:

Nitroplus definitely looks like some weird waifu fighter.

You have to go into checkout.

I think this is the last screen before it does the purchase and it's just not there

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

how's the netcode

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I think this is the last screen before it does the purchase and it's just not there

sorry

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

I guess Steam doesn't think you are worthy of owning that game. Only one way to prove it wrong....

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I don't get the extra discount for Nitroplus either :shrug:

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Yeah that's the screen where it'd show up.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

I had to restart steam to get the coupon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Someone give me nitroplus blasterz

Edit: for science :D :ninja: :frolf:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Zand posted:

I had to restart steam to get the coupon

Yeah that worked. Gotta squeeze out those savings because revelator is out next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

it drops the price like 10 bucks in combo w/ the other one. 20 is a pretty fair price point for the game honestly