Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Basic Chunnel posted:

put Cage in an orange wig and have him take a bunch of piledrivers, obviously

Hmmm, not bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Mulaney Power Move posted:

for those of you who also didn't know what this means, he is referring to the producer (mark burnett) who also produced celebrity apprentice. looks like this show has a whole lot to resolve and until it does so i am organizing a boycott of this nefarious product.
So in 10 years time, we can look forward to President Cueto?

No, that won't work, he's not American. President Mundo?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Does Mark Burnett actually do anything with the show other than put his name in the credits

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Benne posted:

Does Mark Burnett actually do anything with the show other than put his name in the credits

well he stores hitler in cryostasis on the temple set whenever they aren't doing shows

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Mulaney Power Move posted:

well he stores hitler in cryostasis on the temple set whenever they aren't doing shows

If that were true he'd have been featured in a Mil Muertes match by now

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I canceled my network sub and I'm gonna pretend it was political and not because this time of year is boring is as gently caress on WWE, so I've already got my performatively woke wrestling action done for this presidency.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Basic Chunnel posted:

So has this show resolved in any way the fact that its financier is in large part responsible for the rise of the president who hates its audience

He already fired Trump and hired Arnold instead, what more do you want from the guy

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

So has this show resolved in any way the fact that its financier is in large part responsible for the rise of the president who hates its audience

This isn't the WWE thread.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
So does anyone know who the new snake men are? As in, who are the wrestlers under that masks, or would that be a spoiler?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rhonne posted:

So does anyone know who the new snake men are? As in, who are the wrestlers under that masks, or would that be a spoiler?

I don't think it's really a spoiler, but I'll tag it in case anyone wants to preserve the mystery Steve Pain and Judas Devlin

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

StarkRavingMad posted:

I don't think it's really a spoiler, but I'll tag it in case anyone wants to preserve the mystery Steve Pain and Judas Devlin

Haven't heard those names before. Without spoiling match results, are they any good in the ring?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
From what I heard Steve Pain was a "pain" to work with and rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, so he was fired pretty quickly

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

Haven't heard those names before. Without spoiling match results, are they any good in the ring?

They're both pretty good if not blow-you-away amazing.

Steve Pain has some experience working in AAA and has done a number of matches with guys like Aerostar and Fenix which makes him a natural choice for a faction going up against Drago and friends. Here's a little spot from one of those matches: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/40c4do/steve_pain_with_a_crazy_backstabber_to_aerostar/

Judas Devlin aka Austin Matelson is a pretty big guy -- like 6'5" which isn't giant by WWE standards but kind of makes him tower over everyone in LU. He was briefly in the news back when he was in NXT and wrote a detailed email to management about what an abusive shithead Bill DeMott was, which eventually leaked.

Capsaicin posted:

From what I heard Steve Pain was a "pain" to work with and rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, so he was fired pretty quickly

I haven't heard that about him. Not saying it's false, it could be true for all I know, but I haven't seen that anywhere.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Dec 9, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Good to know, thanks!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I for one welcome our reptilian overlords.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hopefully they last longer than Night Claw did. I wonder how much they spent on his gear.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Rhonne posted:

Hopefully they last longer than Night Claw did. I wonder how much they spent on his gear.

It definitely feels like they planned on making Night Claw a real thing, but then the whole drama happened with Flamita and Octagon and he decided to go back to Dragon Gate, so they kinda had to drop it.

I do hope someone takes up the Night Claw mask. It was an adorable mask. :3:

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Didn'the Dario say he was from one of original tribes? Someone will have to fill that spot eventually.

Edit: though tbf ancient Aztec rabbit guy = Paul London and a shitton of drugs.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Xand_Man posted:

Didn'the Dario say he was from one of original tribes? Someone will have to fill that spot eventually.

Edit: though tbf ancient Aztec rabbit guy = Paul London and a shitton of drugs.

IIRC they pushed Night Claw as being from the Jaguar tribe, and if they're serious about this Seven Tribes thing going anywhere, then ... yeah, they'll have to find someone to fill that spot.

Who do they have representing the tribes, anyway? We've got, from my memory:

Puma (Prince Puma)
Moth (Marty and Mariposa)
Snake (Kobra Moon and her army of lizards)
Rabbit (Paul London and his band of Molly addicts)
Eagle (Dragon Azteca Jr.)
Jaguar (Night Claw, but maybe not since he left? This is up in the air.)
Phoenix (Fenix), I think? Can't remember if this was established as a tribe.

OK, so I'm clearly struggling. Someone did a big effortpost at one point, breaking down the tribes, can anyone link that to help me out?

Benne fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 9, 2016

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

When does PJ Black start a feud with the Bunny Tribe?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Benne posted:

IIRC they pushed Night Claw as being from the Jaguar tribe, and if they're serious about this Seven Tribes thing going anywhere, then ... yeah, they'll have to find someone to fill that spot.

Who do they have representing the tribes, anyway? We've got, from my memory:

Puma (Prince Puma)
Moth (Marty and Mariposa)
Snake (Kobra Moon and her army of lizards)
Rabbit (Paul London and his band of Molly addicts)
Jaguar (Night Claw, which may or may not be recast)
I think Dragon (presumably Azteca Jr., given Drago's history with the snakes)
Phoenix (Fenix), I think? Can't remember if this was established as a tribe.

OK, so I'm clearly struggling. Someone did a big effortpost at one point, breaking down the tribes, can anyone link that to help me out?

Azteca is part of the Eagle tribe as per Striker and Vampiro this week.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Capsaicin posted:

Azteca is part of the Eagle tribe as per Striker and Vampiro this week.

Ah, that's the one on the tip of my tongue. I'll edit my post to reflect that, thanks.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Mexicans don't watch Lucha Underground.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

Alain Post posted:

Mexicans don't watch Lucha Underground.

They certainly do live.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Rhonne posted:

When does PJ Black start a feud with the Bunny Tribe?

Rabbit Tribe/WWU Trios match :allears:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Striker somehow managed to awkwardly wedge in two references at once when PJ hit the Styles Clash. "He tried to break her faith, but styles will clash!" (Styles Clash was also Michelle McCool's Faithbreaker).

I wonder if he cries himself to sleep every night knowing he will never, ever be as great as William Regal's neverending torrent of Smiths references.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

sticklefifer posted:

Striker somehow managed to awkwardly wedge in two references at once when PJ hit the Styles Clash. "He tried to break her faith, but styles will clash!" (Styles Clash was also Michelle McCool's Faithbreaker).

I wonder if he cries himself to sleep every night knowing he will never, ever be as great as William Regal's neverending torrent of Smiths references.

I really hate Matt Striker

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
AAA, not LU, but I thought this thread might enjoy:

https://twitter.com/Jocay19/status/809167568120512513

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
LAST WEEK:
Cage and The Mack won their respective first round matches to continue in the Battle of the Bulls tournament
Kobra Moon has REAL SNAKE PEOPLE as generals
Sexy Star beat the Darewolf to win a shot at Mundo's Lucha Underground Championship in a Steel Cage (but next week, not this week)

THIS WEEK:
Two more four-way first round Battle of the Bulls matches!
Kobra Moon is facing Drago and probably bringing some snake people

BONUS GUIDE TO SNAKE PEOPLE:
Kobra Moon: yasssssssssssss ssssssslay queen
LORD PINDAR: The shorter and wider of the snake people, named after a penis. The crowd refers to him as Sleestak since no one listens to new names
Vipero? Vibero?: The taller and thinner of the snake people, named after a vibrator. The crowd refers to him as Luchasaurus - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvsdI4FPWN8
Drago: Mister Fancy Pants who thinks he is too good to be a snake people because he's a dragon and not named after any form of penis
Donald Trump: Reptilian Overlord

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
hahah Fox, Sami, and Killshot all hate their own bodies so much

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Fox is legit insane

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
JESUS CHRIST KILLSHOT WHY WOULD YOU TAKE THAT BUMP

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

JESUS CHRIST KILLSHOT WHY WOULD YOU TAKE THAT BUMP

A low-key theme of this season is Killshot, Fox, and Sami trying to out-suicide each other

Also props to Mariposa who seemed totally at home working with the insane dudes on that match

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I hope we get to see the full documentary one day

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

I hope we get to see the full documentary one day

I like that Johnny's terrible acting is both shoot and work

also, the key to beating Sexy Star: FAKE SPIDERS

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

If women are in the battle of bulls matches, shouldn't it be battle of the bovines?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Please welcome the Snakertaker

(edit): Undersnaker?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
HELL YEAH PINDAR

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Sexy Star losing her poo poo here kind of makes her interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I wonder how much money Dario has to spend repairing walls his wrestlers punch holes through

• Locked thread