Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MeLKoR posted:

What changed?

I don't know. I just finally accepted that they were never going to deliver anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't know. I just finally accepted that they were never going to deliver anything.

"The Chairman's" response to the Escapist was when I became convinced of that particular fact.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well if you refunded I think some other whale should be given your job so that balance is maintained.

MoMA for Mod

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MeLKoR posted:

Well if you refunded I think some other whale should be given your job so that balance is maintained.

MoMA for Mod

We'll see. I suspect that this won't be easy.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

hakimashou posted:

"The Chairman's" response to the Escapist was when I became convinced of that particular fact.

That just convinced me that Chris was inept. I had hoped that the other devs could do their work in spite of him. I think seeing the Warhorse Studios update combined with the latest ATV showing that dumb bit of choreography cemented that CIG is fundamentally broken.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Just wanted to share my experience today. Just came back from USCIS Office. Got my Biometrics picture taken for US Citizenship wearing a Star Citizen polo shirt. Citizenship application picture on great style. Citizenship must be earned :-)

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

How much you in for commando?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

We'll see. I suspect that this won't be easy.

If you've gone powermad and are unwilling to step down then two whale mods will be needed, I propose MoMA and Lazrin.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

nawledgelambo posted:

lol god damnit

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

911.gif

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

my issue for the refunds was that I had ships gifted to me for the lti. I am hosed and accept that.
I am a star citizen.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

MeLKoR posted:

This guy is going to show up on Derek's door one day.

which one? Sandi or the other guy?

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Citizenship must be earned :-)

Or bought pledged for

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

intardnation posted:

my issue for the refunds was that I had ships gifted to me for the lti. I am hosed and accept that.
I am a star citizen.

You can get gifted items refunded as long as the value is less than the amount you spent on the account. The gifting limitations are all poo poo CIG made up. If you've $100 on your account in RSI meltable value items and have spent $150 you can get $100 back. If you have $100 on your account in RSI meltable value items and have spent $50 you should be able to get $50 back and have them leave the account open with the other $50 still on it or have $50 returned to whoever gifted you it.

There's no way CIG want to stand up in court and attempt to explain all this dodgy gifting poo poo.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

intardnation posted:

raise the titanic!

Or don't. :)

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

AP posted:

There's no way CIG want to stand up in court and attempt to explain all this dodgy gifting poo poo.

What a show it would be though. I mean, I would make a night of it if I could watch it on TV.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

You can get gifted items refunded as long as the value is less than the amount you spent on the account. The gifting limitations are all poo poo CIG made up. If you've $100 on your account in RSI meltable value items and have spent $150 you can get $100 back. If you have $100 on your account in RSI meltable value items and have spent $50 you should be able to get $50 back and have them leave the account open with the other $50 still on it or have $50 returned to whoever gifted you it.

:downsbravo:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Where in the procedural gently caress did CIG hire this many gnomes?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKQJkG7Xh6o

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

AP posted:

The way normal businesses deal with this is whoever has the goods gets the refund. Its why if someone buys me clothes that don't fit I can go to the store and get a refund for myself. If someone gifts me 100 dollar spaceship I should be able to refund it, not them.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

And here's CIG's CS vs the leavers. Begs a caption. (you can get the gif by replacing .mp4 with gif)

http://i.imgur.com/tsZ5nk7.mp4

Also, this...

Yes, could you tone down on the Cthulhu summoner?

But not like this

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I was super shocked to find it at a local ramen restaurant and stocked at a local liquor store, so maybe it's only just now hitting some regional distributors. :iiam:

I got it at a place in Providence called Wara Wara.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
I think even some backers noticed this.

This ATV showing off how early(read: lovely) the animations are reveals that the whole SQ42 2016(especially chris's gamescom interview) was a clear lie. Not optimism, a deliberate misrepresentation of the state of things.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

And here's CIG's CS vs the leavers. Begs a caption. (you can get the gif by replacing .mp4 with gif)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xcXuZvvfRE&t=172s

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheLightPurges posted:

The way normal businesses deal with this is whoever has the goods gets the refund. Its why if someone buys me clothes that don't fit I can go to the store and get a refund for myself. If someone gifts me 100 dollar spaceship I should be able to refund it, not them.

p sure no digital stuff ever worked that way with refunds

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SelenicMartian posted:

The funny part is that if you have a guy walk out in front of the space jet I can guarantee you that they'll continue to do their stupid animations as if nothing happed.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

It won't be good 'til you can sex the fempilot

I can already pictre it : Ankward, fully clothed vibrating characters slowly merging into each other untill one spaghettify and get throw out the bedrrom at 200m/s.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheLightPurges posted:

This ATV showing off how early(read: lovely) the animations are reveals that the whole SQ42 2016(especially chris's gamescom interview) was a clear lie. Not optimism, a deliberate misrepresentation of the state of things.

That's a good point. Compare where SQ42 is now with where Infinite Warfare, a game that actually did release in 2016, was back at E3 when they did the reveal trailers.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I requested a refund.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

"His rear end is like this big. And the flesh flaps - it's like a very fat, very greasy caterpillar"

aleksendr posted:

I can already pictre it : Ankward, fully clothed vibrating characters slowly merging into each other untill one spaghettify and get throw out the bedrrom at 200m/s.

I picture a lot of tickling, only this time Sandi's doing her RBF all the while

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

They have also been keeping a lot of money. Standard procedure for awhile would be

Backer 1 buys $250 ship and gifts it to Backer 2
Backer 2 buys a $150 ship
Backer 2 asks for refund, CIG deletes his account and gives him back the $150 he paid, the $250 that was gifted disappears into the ether
When asked CIG refuses to refund the $250 as it wasn't purchased by Backer 2

It wasn't until a bunch of people started posting here and getting refunds that people found out they were entitled to the store credit they had been given as gifts and CIG repeatedly caved on the gift thing when pressed, but who knows how much money has just been kept by CIG by people who refused to press through a half dozen emails where you have to teach their customer service reps that currency value held by a person is that person's property regardless of it's origin.

It's pretty funny in an illegal way. Kind of like how they refuse to allow gift cards to be spent on sales because they technically aren't "new money." This is totally a bad idea but they can't separate the "Melt Ships = Credit" mechanic from "Pay Money in Advance= Credit" mechanic, so they have to invalidate the use of all forms of prior credit, including the completely valid gift cards which are legally eligible for sales.

explaining any of this to backers or CIG customer service is a waste of time though. I figured some whale would have sued over not being to use his $3000 in giftcards for a Javelin or something. If any other company said "No, You know what guys? Those Giftcards you bought? They don't apply to sales. Sorry." I'm sure something would be done about it, but most companies sell actual products and not dreams.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

Exactly this. There is just no way at all they were not showing anything all of this time because of some funky spoilers. Thousands of games and movies for over a decade have been able to show teasers without spoilers. There was not a damned thing they had to show for there to be any spoilers about and now we can all see that for ourselves. Chris's bullshit excuse that it wasn't to his degree of perfection and polish has never passed the sniff test when the PTU runs like flaming cat poo poo for all to see. What about that perfection standard there?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

nawledgelambo posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5h93u5/star_citizen_around_the_verse_316_atx/daydd7p/

If you have to preface "I'm straight, but" then follow up with some homoerotic lust about said person, I have news for you, you're probably not.

We have a saying in french that could translate in " everything before the but doesn't exit ". It works 90% of the time.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

TheLightPurges posted:

Star Citizen is the Benjamin Button of game development. In four-five years we've gone from incredibly slick trailers of a polished looking product to 6 Poser models dancing like idiots in an untextured hangar. Everything is done completely backwards. If you watched every video in reverse order from now until the start of the project, it would really start looking like SC was coming together and turning into a decent looking game. Do it the other way around and it looks like the wheels falling off a train while it bursts into flames.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

For what it's worth, if you're willing to go through and untangle the web of gift transactions for them, they usually will sort it out. My refund involved having ships sent back to the original accounts before the refund took place, but I actually did get all of my money back. Beer's account is a total nightmare compared to mine though, so he's gonna have some work to do.

Maybe I should buy back in so when :reddit: cries about how biased we are and how we all hate Star Citizen we can go "nuh uh, one of our mods is a backer still! :smuggo:"

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Still holding out on that refund. Partially because I kind of hope some lovely game still comes out of this, but mostly because I enjoy poking them with a stick on the RSI forums.

Course having all my Pixel ships disappear off the RSI forums after I request a refund would be hilarious.

Klyith posted:

the aircraft carrier mocap was awful but it did induce me to go watch youtubes of carrier deck guys doing the real thing which are pretty neat

also the most realistic space fighter launch was, as with pretty much any other thing you could care to name, in babylon 5. in that they just dropped them out of the bottom of the ship.

because their ship was spinning for artificial gravity, so all you have to do is just let go and the fighter "falls" away.

weird how all the future spaceships with some kind of gravity generators need so much more complicated mechanisms.

Agreed. Its weird how spergy nerds get over "realism". Its an amazing confluence of half-thought out science, misconceptions, and expectations seen in other sci-fi.

Babylon 5 did a great job of mixing realism with sci-fantasy. Only thing I would change about their ships is they should be using counter-rotating sections to offset the in torque induced by the spin.

Eldragon fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Dec 9, 2016

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
I'm a backer make me IK

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
SC is like 10% fidelitousness, 90% cradling your hairy knees and crying.

LorneReams posted:

I got it at a place in Providence called Wara Wara.

If you're familiar with Providence, the shop I found it at is Nikki's Liquors a bit off Main St. I think there's one bottle left on the shelf now, at least (not sure if they have anything in the back).

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

For what it's worth, if you're willing to go through and untangle the web of gift transactions for them, they usually will sort it out. My refund involved having ships sent back to the original accounts before the refund took place, but I actually did get all of my money back. Beer's account is a total nightmare compared to mine though, so he's gonna have some work to do.

Maybe I should buy back in so when :reddit: cries about how biased we are and how we all hate Star Citizen we can go "nuh uh, one of our mods is a backer still! :smuggo:"

I still have my starter package for shits and giggles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That just convinced me that Chris was inept. I had hoped that the other devs could do their work in spite of him. I think seeing the Warhorse Studios update combined with the latest ATV showing that dumb bit of choreography cemented that CIG is fundamentally broken.

Well with an attitude like that I can see why you're public enemy number two when it comes to Star Citizen!

But in all seriousness here's hoping you get your last bits of cash out of this shitscrew.

Natron posted:

Star Citizen is the Benjamin Button of game development. In four-five years we've gone from incredibly slick trailers of a polished looking product to 6 Poser models dancing like idiots in an untextured hangar. Everything is done completely backwards. If you watched every video in reverse order from now until the start of the project, it would really start looking like SC was coming together and turning into a decent looking game. Do it the other way around and it looks like the wheels falling off a train while it bursts into flames.

This is fantastic and true.