Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mewse
May 2, 2006

Who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

It's all over just like that is a p. good catchphrase to cap off fights with I think. :shrug:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Anik is leagues better than Goldberg I don't know what y'all have against him.

Anik adds little but subtracts nothing; he's as close to a generic announcer as you get in MMA. He's fine.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ratios and Tendency posted:

It's all over just like that is a p. good catchphrase to cap off fights with I think. :shrug:

Everyone is gonna feel real dumb when Goldberg is replaced with an idiot with zero memorable catchphrases and idiosyncrasies. Goldy is a doofus but he's likable and perfect next to Rogan.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
michael "the voice" schiavello

Nothing will help you appreciate "and it is all over" quite like "goodnight irene"

Thrawn
Sep 10, 2004

The main problem with Anik was that they used to always team him with KenFlo & you couldnt tell their voices apart on the broadcast

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Could it be Sean Wheelock? He's good, and since leaving Bellator I've only heard him do a few B-league shows on fight pass.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
I hope it's Chris Berman

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The lad who commentated the Fedor/Maldonado fight who slowly became disillusioned with Russian MMA over the course of the fight and started yelling "Why hasn't this stopped? What is going on!?"

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Sean Wheelock is a good announcer.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Also small chuckles whenever someone gets knocked out

I want this so bad.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Kilometers Davis posted:

Everyone is gonna feel real dumb when Goldberg is replaced with an idiot with zero memorable catchphrases and idiosyncrasies. Goldy is a doofus but he's likable and perfect next to Rogan.

He's extremely unlikeable

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I really cannot articulate how much I love that photo

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
when he gets replaced please switch goldberg and bruce lee's places in that photo and place some corn nuts on the grave

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Guy UFC has wanted for years?

Fedor's coming to the UFC, baby.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Grandmaster.flv posted:

I really cannot articulate how much I love that photo

It's right up there with titodick.jpg in my book.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I want to hear Cris Collinsworth talk about mma fighters. "Now here's a guy who's got a great reach and a couple of really just....really just terrific intangibles and..."

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Gay Horney posted:

I want to hear Cris Collinsworth talk about mma fighters. "Now here's a guy who's got a great reach and a couple of really just....really just terrific intangibles and..."

This reminds me of the first time I really started to like Cris Collinsworth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6SoKIGrpZg

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Haha "#WhereisJoseWaldo" - Max Holloway

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

projectmurphy, the Mike Goldberg of artificial intelligence

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Kilometers Davis posted:

You should feel borderline retarded for sincerely defending mike Goldberg

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Sonnen and rogan calling fights is what I need. I don't really have an opinion outside of that vague dream because whoever it is will not be worse than mike Goldberg

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Ariel Helwani

When Dana White said "I've been trying to get him for years" I guess he wasn't talking about signing him...

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
it should be don frye grunting and audibly cracking beers open while rogan talks about mission control

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

It's not gonna be a former fighter, they're going to want a play-by-play guy with Rogan instead of two color commentators.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Memento posted:

When Dana White said "I've been trying to get him for years" I guess he wasn't talking about signing him...

If Dana said this I doubt very much he's talking about any existing mma announcer, so it probably means somebody who does announcing for a more mainstream sport currently.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
We'd like to welcome our guest accouncer tonight, president-elect Donald Trump.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

The only podcaster I want to see on official UFC programming is Joey Diaz.

"This muthafucka's been eating cheese steaks for twenty goddamned years, Joe Rogan! I fuckin told you this mother fucker is an animal, Joe Rogan"

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

fatherdog posted:

If Dana said this I doubt very much he's talking about any existing mma announcer, so it probably means somebody who does announcing for a more mainstream sport currently.

what gym does Marv Albert train out of?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Bubba Smith posted:

what gym does Marv Albert train out of?

whatever gym mike kyle is at

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bluedeanie posted:

It's not gonna be a former fighter, they're going to want a play-by-play guy with Rogan instead of two color commentators.

see what does this even mean? i know so little about commentary i just want two guys who i like to listen to booming out of my television i don't want one of them to be a weird dickhead just because he's a 'play by play' guy.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Marching Powder posted:

see what does this even mean? i know so little about commentary i just want two guys who i like to listen to booming out of my television i don't want one of them to be a weird dickhead just because he's a 'play by play' guy.

in traditional sports broadcasting a play-by-play guy does most of the talking; they tell you what's happening as it's happening. Essentially the things the average viewer (anybody with eyeballs) can see for themselves, like a ball being passed or a punch being thrown. The color commentary is to go in-depth on details the average viewer wouldn't typically know. That's where a guy like Joe Rogan or a retired fighter can explain the intricacies of a submission or striking setup.

Sure you could have two guys who do the in-depth stuff but you can see how it's mostly redundant, you don't need more than one guy to breakdown the finer details of a sport. Meanwhile broadcasting actually sounds really really weird without that mundane "[fighter] with the straight left. Followed up with another jab. He's keeping his distance." etc.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Robin Black.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

in traditional sports broadcasting a play-by-play guy does most of the talking; they tell you what's happening as it's happening. Essentially the things the average viewer (anybody with eyeballs) can see for themselves, like a ball being passed or a punch being thrown. The color commentary is to go in-depth on details the average viewer wouldn't typically know. That's where a guy like Joe Rogan or a retired fighter can explain the intricacies of a submission or striking setup.

Sure you could have two guys who do the in-depth stuff but you can see how it's mostly redundant, you don't need more than one guy to breakdown the finer details of a sport. Meanwhile broadcasting actually sounds really really weird without that mundane "[fighter] with the straight left. Followed up with another jab. He's keeping his distance." etc.

huh. thanks.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Stealth Tiger posted:

The only podcaster I want to see on official UFC programming is Joey Diaz.

"This muthafucka's been eating cheese steaks for twenty goddamned years, Joe Rogan! I fuckin told you this mother fucker is an animal, Joe Rogan"

Please don't call Anthony Johnson an animal

mewse
May 2, 2006

Dead Snoopy posted:

Robin Black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Bisping :-]

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

Bisping :-]

that would own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Robin Black is a colour commentator and he's actually not too bad in that role because he doesn't have the chance to get into meth-addled logic loops about how Eddie Alvarez is the opposite of Bob Sapp but not because Sapp is fat and fights in Japan. He does it for some B-league promotion.

Nobody has mentioned TJ De Santis. Because it's not going to be him. He's too good to be named ironically but not good enough to be named seriously. Poor TJ.

• Locked thread