Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

punk rebel ecks posted:

I can't find a stick thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Zand posted:

I had no idea there was such a thread I only read fg threads

edit I can't find the thread please link

Here you go Zand: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796452

Now answer my question about Nitroplus:

FanaticalMilk posted:

Is the steam version the same as the update that was recently announced at the Japanese tournament or is it something in between the PS4 version and that recently announced one?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

FanaticalMilk posted:

Here you go Zand: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796452

Now answer my question about Nitroplus:

ty! Ill check nitro plus when I get home

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

FanaticalMilk posted:

Michael Murray said that Kuma's outfit is his Tekken Force outfit. I know nothing about Tekken so maybe it's from a previous game's Tekken Force mode, but I took it to mean the upcoming game will have a Tekken Force mode in which certain people have a unique costume.

Yeah I'm honestly not sure what that means. Story Mode and Tekken Force have sorrrt of been converging over the years, so T6's full-length story was a sprawling Tekken Force-driven mode that had a world map with a bunch of stages and bosses and poo poo. But it did also have the more traditional character-specific stories and endings that you'd get from Arcade Mode style battles.

It would be a little redundant to make Tekken Force its own thing again while also having some giant MK-style narrative mode.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Zand posted:

I had no idea there was such a thread I only read fg threads

edit I can't find the thread please link

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796452&perpage=40

edit: nvm awful.app broke so I didn't see the new page

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Holding out for tekken 7 switch edition, with exclusive ball mode.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

In Training posted:

I have a HRAP4 and have never really had any issues with it. 5ms of input lag is like...1/3 a frame? It's probably insignificant.

That's good to know. Any other impressions?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

So, I know the mizumi wiki has a big write up on SamSho 5s, but no one play that on fightcade. Is there a big write up like that for Samsho2

I will play Samshovs with you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

That's good to know. Any other impressions?

I love it personally. It's got a really good weight to it and the stock buttons are very nice. After a while I swapped the stick because I wanted something with a shorter throw and the modding process was super painless.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Smoking Crow posted:

is the hrap5 worth it

Does the RAP5 even exist outside of the Xbox model? Google makes some vague mentions of the RAP5 for PS4, but Hori's official site only has the RAP4's in the PS4 section and the RAP5 only in Xbox One section. I can't even figure out if there's a difference between the two in terms of the hardware.

Any ways RIP anyone who plays fighting games on the Xbone and RIP people with legacy 360 sticks.

Also n'thing the reccs for the RAP4, I have one and it's good and in Canada they're way cheaper than the MadCatz stuff (even more so than Hori is cheaper than MadCatz in the states, I think). I swapped the stick and buttons for Seimitsu parts after playing with the stock stuff for a little while because I'm autistic, but the stock parts were p. good too.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 12, 2016

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

to me, hrap sucks compared to similarly priced sanwa sticks. some people don't mind the kuro or hayabusa parts but I'd strongly suggest trying before buying

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

My TE2+ took a poo poo and the buttons don't work. So I'm going to send it in to Mad Catz to replace because I still have the warranty, sell the new one and buy a HRAP4. That's the plan anyway.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

I've heard there's different versions of te2+ with diff failure rates for the boards. is this true? I like it so far but the sfv pic on it makes me uneasy

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Zand posted:

I've heard there's different versions of te2+ with diff failure rates for the boards. is this true? I like it so far but the sfv pic on it makes me uneasy

I just got sent my second replacement. Both of the others were bad the instant I got them.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Zand posted:

to me, hrap sucks compared to similarly priced sanwa sticks.

Do these exist internationally? In Canada, its pretty much the RAP4 or MadCatz sticks, and I wouldn't really call those quite 'similarly' priced.

Going off of Amazon's current pricing in CAD:
RAP4: $190
TE2+: $335
TES+: $260

I've honestly barely seen any of the new MadCatz sticks tbh, it's mostly Hori's up north anecdotally. I'm not sure if it's because the Mad Catz ones are harder to find in Canada (they are, or at least they were for lots of this year), we're cheap, or some combination of the two.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 12, 2016

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

S.J. posted:

I just got sent my second replacement. Both of the others were bad the instant I got them.

Wtf is going on with MadCatz quality control!?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

punk rebel ecks posted:

Wtf is going on with MadCatz quality control!?

fired to cover losses on instruments

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

oh I meant hrap parts, the kuro and hayabusa gear versus the sanwa parts. did I just get a good deal at 215 on my te2+? I had no idea this poo poo was over 300 normally...

custom sticks seem to be basically dead now too unfortunately. are there any left? is qanba still there? what about the new razer stick?

edit OH those prices were in Canadian play money

Zand fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 13, 2016

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So called MadCatz for a replacement. They stated that they would cover it but that I would have to pay for shipping. Argued with them and they put a request for my shipping to be covered by the company. Like hell I'm paying $40 for shipping.

Real hurthling! posted:

fired to cover losses on instruments

Well now it's likely really killing their business. MadCatz fightsticks were premium sticks known for their reliability. Now they are as reliable as their cheap plastic poo poo from the '90s.

Zand posted:

did I just get a good deal at 215 on my te2+? I had no idea this poo poo was over 300 normally...?

It's usually $220 I believe. Though sales at $200 aren't uncommon.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 12, 2016

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

punk rebel ecks posted:

Well now it's likely really killing their business. MadCatz fightsticks were premium sticks known for their reliability. Now they are as reliable as their cheap plastic poo poo from the '90s.

Dawg it was a joke

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

Dawg it was a joke

Seeing the luck I've had with the stick, I wouldn't be shocked if it was true. This is the third problem in like half a year.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005

Ryoga posted:

Holding out for tekken 7 switch edition, with exclusive ball mode.

The only tekken I have access to is a ttt2 on wii u. I tried playing some ranked matches online the two weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon.

The saddest existence, the barrenest landscapes :smith:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

attackmole posted:

Does the RAP5 even exist outside of the Xbox model? Google makes some vague mentions of the RAP5 for PS4, but Hori's official site only has the RAP4's in the PS4 section and the RAP5 only in Xbox One section. I can't even figure out if there's a difference between the two in terms of the hardware.

Any ways RIP anyone who plays fighting games on the Xbone and RIP people with legacy 360 sticks.

Also n'thing the reccs for the RAP4, I have one and it's good and in Canada they're way cheaper than the MadCatz stuff (even more so than Hori is cheaper than MadCatz in the states, I think). I swapped the stick and buttons for Seimitsu parts after playing with the stock stuff for a little while because I'm autistic, but the stock parts were p. good too.

I already own a hrap4, yes hrap5 exists in ps4

Zand posted:

to me, hrap sucks compared to similarly priced sanwa sticks. some people don't mind the kuro or hayabusa parts but I'd strongly suggest trying before buying

im going to replace all the stuff w/ seimitsus

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I realized I typed HRAP4 before. I neabt to type Hori RARP4. This stick I mean.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Wait, what's this?

Why it's a 2D fighting game from former SNK staff who worked on Kizuna Encounter and KOF98, 2001 and 2002.

On the SNES!

Check out the screenshots and character profiles here.

2016 just keeps on giving.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

You picked the right screenshot, thank you friend

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

I wanted to post this link that I stole from someone

http://www.teyah.net/sticklag/results.html

I wasn't being clear before, the poo poo one is the HRAP KAI and its derivatives, the HRAP V4 or whatever I know basically nothing about but its supposedly fine. The DOA/KOF/"Kai" stick etc are just ugly, feel plasticy and cheap like you could accidentally break them. And apparently they lag

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
I had a really old HRAP2 that I bought over ten years ago. Horis are solid sticks that will last forever, but the buttons especially are just not as good as Sanwa buttons. It's cheap to switch them out, but if you're going to do that you might as well just get a stick with all Sanwa parts imo.

The way I found out the buttons were just worse was when I went to China for a year and played in arcade (Sanwa buttons) and I could do Honda jab xx hands in SF4 100% of the time. When I got back home and played on console with my Hori, I could do jab xx hands 0% of the time, simply because my muscle memory for it was the touch needed to trigger the inputs on Sanwa buttons, and that same pressure on Hori buttons doesn't trigger them.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
GG, Owl pal. Lemme know if you wanna play anything else, I'm real bad at anything not SF4 or MB but it was fun. Also let's play MB next time because that game is actually pretty cool.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

lmfao my suit fits good

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i got them marvel 4 leaks

https://a.pomf.cat/xssads.webm
https://a.pomf.cat/pbrnij.webm
https://a.pomf.cat/bproce.webm

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

who does trump main?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
take a wild guess

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bison

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So now my stick is working again after trying to push things in a second time? Not sure what went wrong the first time.

General Morden posted:

take a wild guess

Somebody with an orange palette.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Fereydun posted:

i got them marvel 4 leaks

What's the HnK engine doing in Marvel 4???

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Is dizzy better in GG now?

I actually low key forgot about her and just moved to BB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

SectumSempra posted:

Is dizzy better in GG now?

I actually low key forgot about her and just moved to BB.

I don't know if the potemkin matchup is bad or not, but I find that she has more holes for him to pick than in AC. Maybe that's just how she transitioned to Xrd, but maybe people haven't figured her out. The new super ain't exactly what it's cooked out to be, but it's good for a reversal option.

I'll give it some time before people figure out what's good or bad.

But, BB is a more complete package compared to GG right now. Just my opinion, but I had more fun there despite being a hardcore AC player.