Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
2 1/2Stardust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Cody in the BC is only good if he teams up with Jeff Jarrett.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

Cody in the BC is only good if he teams up with Jeff Jarrett.

Actually, I think you mean BONE SOLDIER and also NJPW make Cody wear face paint again and call him BONEDUST

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Cody really needs someone to stop and help him along because he's doing all wrong.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cody upholding the family tradition of joining the "NWO" long after it makes any sense or impact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iD43c2V96w

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MotU posted:

2 1/2Stardust

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

I'm fine with PPV kickoff shows, but I don't know a single person who watches these.

I don't either and more than that I don't know a single reason why anyone would watch them

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I dunno if they still intend to do this next week. But there was cancelled segment/angle on Smackdown tonight involving an unlikely romance.

My guess was Ellsworth getting a girl.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

rovert posted:

I dunno if they still intend to do this next week. But there was cancelled segment/angle on Smackdown tonight involving an unlikely romance.

Ellsworth lands Alexa to, quote, "piss off some nerds on sa"

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

seeing ellsworth as alexas toy would piss off no one

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HerraS posted:

seeing ellsworth as alexas toy would piss off no one

yeah that would be good

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

It was a love story between Ambrose's boot and Ellsworth's rear end, but in the wake of AJ's foot and rear end issues at TLC it seemed gauche.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

rovert posted:

So is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5zmlPAxulU just becoming canon now

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

if anyone is watching Smackdown rn, Ziggler wins the Fatal 4-Way. Smackdown Was Always Bad

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

Cody upholding the family tradition of joining the "NWO" long after it makes any sense or impact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iD43c2V96w

Thought you were gonna post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fidVGd69pSc

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Venomous posted:

if anyone is watching Smackdown rn, Ziggler wins the Fatal 4-Way. Smackdown Was Always Bad

durrr

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Finally a chance for Dolph Ziggler to have another heatless title match

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Alexa should make Ellsworth her boy and have him walk on all fours leashed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tribute to the Troops

Lillian sang the anthem
Opening segment with Reigns, Owens, Rusev, Lana, and Cass. Foley makes a tag match for later: Reigns and Cass vs Owens and Rusev
Sheamus and Cesaro defeated Golden Truth, the Club, and the Shining Stars. Will fight New Day for the tag belts at Roadblock 2
Miz issued an open challenge, non-title. Apollo Crews accepted and gets the win after a distraction from comedian Gabriel "Fluffy" Iglesias
The Wyatts defeated American Alpha and Dolph Ziggler
Backstage segment with Bayley, Dana, and a service dog
Bayley pins Dana
Swann, TJP and Gallagher defeated Kendrick, Nese, and Gulak
Backstage segment with Shield, New Day, and the Club
Reigns and Cass pin Owens and Rusev

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

sounds like a garbage show

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Tribute to the Troops

Lillian sang the anthem
Opening segment with Reigns, Owens, Rusev, Lana, and Cass. Foley makes a tag match for later: Reigns and Cass vs Owens and Rusev
Sheamus and Cesaro defeated Golden Truth, the Club, and the Shining Stars. Will fight New Day for the tag belts at Roadblock 2
Miz issued an open challenge, non-title. Apollo Crews accepted and gets the win after a distraction from comedian Gabriel "Fluffy" Iglesias
The Wyatts defeated American Alpha and Dolph Ziggler
Backstage segment with Bayley, Dana, and a service dog
Bayley pins Dana
Swann, TJP and Gallagher defeated Kendrick, Nese, and Gulak
Backstage segment with Shield, New Day, and the Club
Reigns and Cass pin Owens and Rusev

Ziggler not over enough as a face to win on a Tribute to the Troops show.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No Alexa, no buys.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Every face won at Tribute to the Troops except for the team named American Alpha

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Every face won at Tribute to the Troops except for the team named American Alpha

That's good and funny

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Abroham Lincoln posted:

gently caress the troops imo

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Yeah I was there live with PSPer kidcoelacanth, it was pretty standard, though fun enough in a live show capacity.

I don't know if this will make air, but a USO guy opened the show by awkwardly inserting WWE finishers into pro-military speak. This included the idea we will give a "Rhyno gore" to ISIS (ISIS had a lot of heat btw), that we will send a "Crews missile" to our enemies (people had to stop and remember who's finisher that is), and something about soldiers and Superman punches. Owens did a good promo about being Canadian to set up the main. Roman got booed when he came out which is kind of funny, though crowd was with him by the end. They initially advertised the Hype Bros in American Alpha's place on the graphic vs. the Wyatts, guessing this corresponds to Zack hurting his knee. Oh, and between the Smackdown taping and the whole show, I think the most over person was Randy Orton.

Finally, was sad to see two Europeans get a tag title shot on the troops show, smh. I particularly felt the team of Golden Truth could heal a divided America.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Well yeah, you're not allowed to win in your hometown

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

The Landstander posted:

I think the most over person was Randy Orton.

Now that's a good tribute to the troops :discourse:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
why the gently caress were Reigns and Cass teaming

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Enzo got killed in a hotel

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

The Landstander posted:

(ISIS had a lot of heat btw)

huh weird

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

now watch wwe squander it

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

The Landstander posted:

(ISIS had a lot of heat btw)

God bless you

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Peep these odds

* WWE Universal Championship: Kevin Owens(c) +180 vs Roman Reigns -260
* WWE Women’s Championship: Sasha Banks(c) -540 vs Charlotte Flair +360
* WWE Cruiserweight Championship Triple Threat Match: Rich Swann(c) -350 vs Field (Both TJ Perkins and Brian Kendrick) +250
* WWE Tag Team Championship: The New Day(c) +135 vs Cesaro & Sheamus -175
* 10 Minute Time Limit: Sami Zayn +130 vs Braun Strowman -170
* Seth Rollins -400 vs Chris Jericho +280
* Big Cass +205 vs Rusev -285

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Minus is the favourite right?

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
yawn

I guess the only modest surprise would be Sasha winning but who even cares anymore

Frankston posted:

Minus is the favourite right?

Yep

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

oh thank GOD The New Day are losing the belts tonight. thank God. Now it's time for Kofi to win the Royal Rumble.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
All hail the big dog roman reigns double champion

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Odds factor in potential DQ finishes, I believe, so that could just mean the trombone and Jericho could be a factor in those match finishes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
BOW WOW