Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/361635/everything-will-be-answered-tomorrow/p1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Fun must have killed this dude's parents

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

AP posted:

I think the INN guys will get off lightly compared to some of the streamers and the guys from r/ds to be honest.

This is the stream I was talking about

I tried to watch it but failed even skipping through most of it, it's far more painful than the usual INN stream because the non-INN streamer guest, in the top right, is possibly the most boring person on Earth.

What happened to the chubby younger looking feller? Did he wise up and get out of SC all together?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Lladre posted:

What happened to the chubby younger looking feller? Did he wise up and get out of SC all together?

Wasn't he already doubting The Vision back in the day?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lladre posted:

Nah man you can catch all of six hours' worth of him here https://www.twitch.tv/relay_sc/v/105009093

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Raskolnikov posted:

Wasn't he already doubting The Vision back in the day?

No, just playing devil's advocate, it all part of the Relay_SC team's dynamic

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
actually mods change my name to whip up a wet fart

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Kinda disappointed I have to tell you about the Relay_SC team honestly :mad:

They only demand a few hours of your week, is it truly too much to ask of you to keep up?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Kinda disappointed I have to tell you about the Relay_SC team honestly :mad:

They only demand a few hours of your week, is it truly too much to ask of you to keep up?

it says a lot about what they are doing when you have to explain to the people who watch SC as a hobby who they even are and what they do.

I think I saw a graphic that said "SC_Relay" with a satellite a few weeks ago and didn't even know what it was, and now you just managed to explain it. I'm still not even sure what [REDACTED] is. I thought that was a joke you all were doing until TheAgent saying they were being paid.

It's the same principle as people who are thread regulars here going "Wait, that's a real thing?!" when people talk about "Perverse The Verse" or "Adverse The Verse" or whatever those 3-4 "erse" word fan podcasts are.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Good point.

I also accidentally learned another good term from this thread a few days ago, when I tried to look up a non-sensical saying a CEO of something or other would use when questioned about vaporware demos. "Squirrels and sea monkeys."

Sea Monkeys: When you eat too much lettuce and then have diarrhea.

I never did figure out that CEO's saying. There were zero hits on it beyond his own statement. It was apparently his own creation.

Fake edit: It was Rony Abovitz of the "Magic Leap" project, which has apparently raised $1.4 billion in funding, and is valued at $4.5 billion. Step it up, crobbler, you're small potatoes in the "bullshit tech with faked demos" game.

Think bigger. Just do it!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

You know that photoshopped picture of Jay Cutler holding a body building trophy of himself holding a trophy... etc?

That's Derek with his tweets.

LOOK AT MY LATEST TWEET ABOUT ME GOTO MY FORUMS CREATED BY ME TO READ MORE

I used to like Derek coming in here and making GBS threads allover CIG, but lately he's been even more of a shilltastic piece of poo poo

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Fun must have killed this dude's parents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huVi6rdPE4I

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Derek will never be able to top the Library of Babel troll honestly. That set the gold standard in making the thread melt down.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Lladre posted:

He still seems friendly with the INN2 guys "Community Manager for Relay".

https://twitter.com/jakeacappella

The INN2 crowd all seem to have calmed down a lot, I think getting shafted by that Wolf Larsen guy by creating content for years without pay, while now suspecting there was a secret CIG cash pot they didn't know about has helped them. They still seem to think there's going to be a game though.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
The warlord has his slow days: Legal has been walked and Netflix has nothing new.

Being semi-retired is a double-edged sword... but then again, I wish I had more time for Stellaris.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sappo569 posted:

You know that photoshopped picture of Jay Cutler holding a body building trophy of himself holding a trophy... etc?

No. I tried to google it, but got this instead:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I'm still not even sure what [REDACTED] is. I thought that was a joke you all were doing until TheAgent saying they were being paid.

Didn't [REDACTED] originally come from the Illfonic Star Marine debacle, where CIG's explanation and defense referred to the outside developer as [REDACTED]? I only jumped into these SC threads in about July of 2015, so I may be wrong because I came in after that stuff.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

when derek says "read my blog" or "go to my forums" or whatever in response to a question, all i see is hillary clinton saying "go to my website"

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

Didn't [REDACTED] originally come from the Illfonic Star Marine debacle, where CIG's explanation and defense referred to the outside developer as [REDACTED]? I only jumped into these SC threads in about July of 2015, so I may be wrong because I came in after that stuff.
https://www.redacted.tv/about/

quote:

Discover how [REDACTED] delivers to a global audience with highly engaged content creators, giving you interactive and effective ways to reach millions of gamers worldwide through different mediums.

We pride ourselves in being more than just a logo, having one of the strongest content creator communities in not only Star Citizen but in gaming in general that work together to a shared goal. Our integrated sponsorships allow you to connect with our deeply engaged audiences while building brand credibility.

To learn how you can use our collaborative to help get more of a global reach for your brand and products please contact us.

o.
but but but its just a fansite WE SWEAR

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

HKS posted:

This, and also Beer you need to GET MAD. Use Pgabs as your inspiration. I don't know if you think getting mad is something only dumbs do, or you have a view of the world where logic rules everything, or you think CIG WINS if they make you mad.

Put your emotions into this son. GET MAD GET ANGRY and let it out. The reason that you were stuck in denial forever and is actually still in denial now is because you never got mad

What good does getting mad do me? I've already invested enough emotional and mental energy into this farce, and at this point nothing CIG does surprises or particularly bothers me. If they gently caress me over and don't refund the money then yeah, I'll get mad and do everything in my power to make them return what I'm owed, but outside of that what does it matter? The bottom line is that I've finally accepted that CIG is hosed, Star Citizen is a scam, and that there's nothing that can be done to save it. Given how far down the rabbit hole I went that's a pretty significant thing for me.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Ash1138 posted:

when derek says "read my blog" or "go to my forums" or whatever in response to a question, all i see is hillary clinton saying "go to my website"

You're missing out. They're the best forums ever. The blogs are tremendous, big league. Like nothing you've ever seen. They'll make your head spin. You don't go to them? Sad! :smugdon:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm clouds. Derek is windmills. Get that right.

you're a toxxless coward and nothing more, fella

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

sorry to doxxx you like this but I post in the star citizen game thread so don't know any better plus when I called my mom who raised me with love and wanted to hear what I was up to she said docking was cool so here we are

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

XK posted:

That or the SQ42/CIG use of it to sound military and official. The cast was [REDACTED] for Sq42 for awhile.

I get that we have been using it as a joke for years but I didn't realize people were actually talking about an actual SC podcast called [REDACTED] until TheAgent said they were being paid like INN and the streamers to give CIG good publicity.

These guys have so much impact and market share that people who watch the Star Citizen clusterfuck on a daily basis have no idea who they are. SC_Relay was news to me just like [REDACTED] was. It's kinda funny in a really really sad way. Both on the people involved and their dreams of popularity and the fact CIG is paying for this level of visibility.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Thoatse posted:

sorry to doxxx you like this but I post in the star citizen game thread so don't know any better plus when I called my mom who raised me with love and wanted to hear what I was up to she said docking was cool so here we are

:gonk: this is horrific

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Thoatse posted:

why you give us the spikey chode !?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Thoatse posted:

At least you chose a good pic.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

TheAgent posted:

https://www.redacted.tv/about/

but but but its just a fansite WE SWEAR

Even after a year and a half I'm still learning something new. I really thought it was a jape on the Illfonic Star Marine thing.

So they had both INN and [REDACTED].

Is Relay still doing transcripts, explicitly for only ad money now? Maybe Wolf can be a Trailblazer and sponsor them.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
An intensely stimperial picture :golfclap:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Of course WTFOSAURUS is a staff member and administrator of [REDACTED].

lol

I wonder who's getting paid behind the scenes for [REDACTED], and keeping any money away from freebie volunteers like WTFO who spend their living purgatory traveling to Kareah just to get shot in the back within 15 seconds while trying to collect cigars.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

I bet 2.6 has been pushed back to 2017, CIG are panicking about what to do about the sale as they really thought they'd release it but it's absolutely terrible.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

12x12 is a lot of fun currently.

:gary:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

XK posted:

I always use "crobbler", instead of the more apparent "crobber". "Crobber" is much closer to the actual name, and "crobbler" adds an 'L' in from nowhere, but I justify it by imagining Chris Roberts as the McDonald's Hamburgler, who always ran around saying "robble robble" while blatantly grabbing and stealing and trying to get away with things. "Crobbler" also has a better mouth feel.

In addition, wearing a striped outfit might be fitting for his future.

Derek, spill some deets or just stop. Those tweets are just about you getting unbanned from fdev forums again, aren't they? Whatever they are about, they won't pay-off unless employees are locked out, there are pictures of people in blue windbreakers with 3 letters on the back carrying boxes of documents out of an office building, or investigation warrants are unsealed.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Hello all, RL has been a bit hectic for the last quite a while... Soooo-oo apropos of nothing, whats new? Are we there yet?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Galarox posted:

Hello all, RL has been a bit hectic for the last quite a while... Soooo-oo apropos of nothing, whats new? Are we there yet?

The “in” is in the wrong position.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Sarsapariller posted:

A forum post quoting your tweet which is responding to your other tweet which links your blog post which is mostly built out of posts from the forums.

Derek waves words the way Chris waves hands.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

The “in” is in the wrong position.

poo poo.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

AP posted:

I bet 2.6 has been pushed back to 2017, CIG are panicking about what to do about the sale as they really thought they'd release it but it's absolutely terrible.
Well it has been already as they close tomorrow and its not even in PTU. The only thing remaining to be seen is if they make the citizens suffer through an unsupported bugass PTU for 3+ weeks just to say they released it.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Galarox posted:

Wow, haven't seen you around in a bit! Welcome back! We have such wonderful things to show you (not really, they're not any closer to having a game than they were this time last year)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Also midway through December and no monthly studio report from Nov.