Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Falcon2001 posted:

Great, thanks!

Is there a donate button or anything like that on the github version of the game? Would like to kick the guy some cash but hate playing the Kong version.

Export save import save pay money to Kong, Export save import to github. You will be on kong all of 10 minutes. Trimps wiki even has a page about asking the dev to setup another way to donate so Kong doesn't take 25%, even if there would be no bonuses (as in there is currently no other way) just use Kong unless you are thinking of giving him a very large amount so he can quit his job and do trimps full time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Are there any good new short-ish clickers? I tried Get a Little Gold but quit after the first run because the prestigious reward was something incredibly lame like 1 gold per second of passive income or something.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Asehujiko posted:

Are there any good new short-ish clickers? I tried Get a Little Gold but quit after the first run because the prestigious reward was something incredibly lame like 1 gold per second of passive income or something.

Spaceplan is probably your best bet if you haven't played that yet. Get a Little Gold opens up more later... after you've run it two more times to unlock and get through an endless run and receive an actually useful amount of skill points. Then you realize that you can't get better starter items unless you finish the 'challenge' modes faster.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
It's also not very satisfying because what unlocks are buildings that produce more income instead of pivoting into something new. The game loop doesn't change across prestiges.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Does anyone know what happened with Shark Game's site? It seemed to have gone down the moment I prestiged, which is annoying.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

neogeo0823 posted:

Does anyone know what happened with Shark Game's site? It seemed to have gone down the moment I prestiged, which is annoying.

I think his provider has been loving up the DNS.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Asehujiko posted:

Both phone clickers. An Oden Tale is a translated Japanese clicker about running a food cart and getting snippets of heartwarming stories from your regulars. You just click on their gripes untill they get drunker and tell you more. More of the check and swipe type clicker. Just started it 24 hours ago and it seems like it'll be done after another 4 or 5 days.

Older: Kept Man Life is a clicker about being the most productive gold digger in the known universe because working is for suckers. I did an unoptimized run and it was about 2-3 weeks untill I got the last story snippet.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Been a while, and I decided to replay Wall Destroyer.

I remember most resets yielding not-much, when are good breakpoints to reset rather than just resting on laurels until I produce more? Do I have to plow through all the first ten bonus walls for it to be worth it?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Sitting at 234M Helium all-time and I've unlocked Motivation 2 now. Setting up a run for a couple days to go deep in the Spire early on is way better than waiting.

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism

Asehujiko posted:

Infiroad was pretty great if you missed that. What was that little downloadable one with the money making machine and the cats and the loose Victorian-esque setting or something? Expotable Money. Older one but short and good.

the auschwitz diet fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Dec 10, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I unlocked Firefly in Idle Mage Attack yesterday, and my new dream is to get 5 Firefly spellstones and a whole ton of Expedient Recitation and become THE MONARCH!

Also sending a Firefly into a swarm of casters and seeing a dozen purple poofs come off it as they try and fail to dispel it is incredibly satisfying.

E: Is it worth Marking spells at all? I did it with my Shock Net and saw what it does and it seems, well, pretty much worthless unless you have everything at 1.5 already.

Magres fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Dec 11, 2016

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I've been trying out Idle Mage Attack lately, and it feels way too complicated for what you actually get out of it. The first dungeon I tried had floors with different debuffs that applied depending on whether the spells in slots 2 and 4 were above or below a certain rank. I also had to grind in it a while just to get through it, and the reward was.. 10% faster research for two hours.

They seem to want a level of micromanagement that is like the exact opposite of what I want to put into an idle game.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

The biggest reward from dungeons is the increased money/power gain rather than the rewards for actually completing the dungeon. But I still kinda agree, the spells feel so random and chaotic that applying so many nitty gritty buffs/debuffs to them is too confusing to be manageable.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Erebus posted:

I've been trying out Idle Mage Attack lately, and it feels way too complicated for what you actually get out of it. The first dungeon I tried had floors with different debuffs that applied depending on whether the spells in slots 2 and 4 were above or below a certain rank. I also had to grind in it a while just to get through it, and the reward was.. 10% faster research for two hours.

They seem to want a level of micromanagement that is like the exact opposite of what I want to put into an idle game.

Dungeons are better when you have a larger range of spells to choose from, and are much easier after your first meditation where you can receive a passive health regen perk. Even then I usually run it for the inflated power gain (comparable to a raid) and the relics at the end are just a bonus really. If a dungeon takes so long that a raid comes off cooldown I abandon it entirely.

Outside of dungeons the game is very lenient with what you can run, optimized or not you're always gaining power after every recall and you'll break through plateaus eventually, though if you're in a bit of a rush you can always equip 5 firewalls or shock nets and mow everything.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I've read some comments on the Trimps wiki that say Electricity is a worthless challenge because at the point where you can finish Electricity without the challenge slowing you down so much that you actually get extra helium/hour out of it, you are more than strong enough to push for 100 and start doing way more rewarding Daily Challenges. Since I'm at the point where I did a long run and actually unlocked Electricity with around 300-400k total Helium, how true is this? I can hit around Zone 67-68 in reasonable time but it slows way down after that.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Daily challenges, as their name implies, can only be done once per day. Twice if you skipped yesterday's since it has a grace period allowing that. And I guess if you're playing around the time the new day rolls around you could do three in a row: day 1's yesterday, day 1's today, new day rolls around, day 2's today. At this point I'm just devolving into pedantry though, the basic idea of one a day is still accurate.

If you only do one challenge a day anyway, then yeah, make it be a daily challenge. But if you're doing more/faster runs than that, then you'll want to mix in the highest-level non-daily challenge you can do in a reasonable time frame. Which for a while, will continue to be Electricity.

Vil fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 13, 2016

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It depends a lot on the daily. I certainly ran plenty of Electricity.

Pushing to 100 ASAP is good advice, but not for dailies. More because the Frugal challenge gives you the single biggest immediate power boost I've seen in the game.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I hit 100 and have started daily challenges but I find my runs tend to last more than a day.

I don't actively manage the game so I'm not super optimal or anything but my helium/hour keeps going up and up all the way until zone 100 or later, though it takes more than a day to get there. I figure as long as the he/hr is going up though I'm doing it right. I'm about to finish one run at floor 104, I have about 300k helium to my name and this run is going to give 100k helium + 380% for the daily.

I think next run I got to do the frugal challenge though so I can maybe push past 100.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Once you get Frugal you can immediately jump past 110, maybe nearly 120, IIRC. It's insane what a difference it makes.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

jjac posted:

you can always equip 5 firewalls or shock nets and mow everything.

How do you equip multiple of the same spell? I know i read a tip ingame when i unlocked a feature like that but when i try to drag the same spell down to another slot it just moves to that slot and the previous spell appears in the slot the first spell was in.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

How do you equip multiple of the same spell? I know i read a tip ingame when i unlocked a feature like that but when i try to drag the same spell down to another slot it just moves to that slot and the previous spell appears in the slot the first spell was in.

if you craft a duplicate you can use the spell in additional slots

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Ah crap, so "just equip 5 of the same spell" is not really something that is feasible for most players then.

Not sure what the fuzz for "Idle" Mage Attack is. Its incredibly slow progress, needs babysitting all the time and is so complex for what little is going on.

Offline progress is restricted to regaining your power after an enchanting or finishing research. No further power or gold is gained.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Ineptitude posted:

You should see a x2/x3/etc. next to the spell in question. The whole x5 shock nets thing only applies after you either collect some weeks' worth of critical raids or get lucky, but you had the right idea.

Spells do gain experience while you're offline. It's slow, and most noticeable when they're unleveled, but it happens. Critical raids can give you a lot of experience too and if you get enough infernos and shock nets to fill your bar, you can clear even difficult crit raids in less than five minutes and leave it that way if you really want to be able to punch way above your weight for tons more power.

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
Do we have a clan for Tap Titans 2? God drat I need a phone charger at work..

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010

Polish posted:

I'm also wondering this. I'd offer to make one but I'm only at 50 gems so far.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

You should see a x2/x3/etc. next to the spell in question. The whole x5 shock nets thing only applies after you either collect some weeks' worth of critical raids or get lucky, but you had the right idea.

Spells do gain experience while you're offline. It's slow, and most noticeable when they're unleveled, but it happens. Critical raids can give you a lot of experience too and if you get enough infernos and shock nets to fill your bar, you can clear even difficult crit raids in less than five minutes and leave it that way if you really want to be able to punch way above your weight for tons more power.

Not to mention if it is some bullshit raid set, you can just back out and come back 30 minutes later to reroll the monsters. Once you have a critical raid, it doesn't go away until you clear it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Also, once you unlock the Temple you can get a long-term buff that increases your idle XP rate by 25%. You can have it going for like 3 days before having to refresh it.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Polish posted:

I hate you for making me aware this game exists. The first one took up WAY too much time and I'm sure this one will too.

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night

deathbagel posted:

I hate you for making me aware this game exists. The first one took up WAY too much time and I'm sure this one will too.

Yeah I'm full scale addicted to it again. Egg Inc also just updated and now I am so torn..

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Neutral Prestige tier in Realm Grinder is okay. Unlocking it was as much of a pain as climbing the R16 wall. Also, gently caress that Spell Tier cost for its spell. 1 Quadrillion of Dwarf and Drow coins is ridiculous.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Neutral Prestige tier in Realm Grinder is okay. Unlocking it was as much of a pain as climbing the R16 wall. Also, gently caress that Spell Tier cost for its spell. 1 Quadrillion of Dwarf and Drow coins is ridiculous.

Don't worry about tiering up its spell until you get to the researches that start unlocking in R47 through... 55? Some of them (W1325? something like that) are impressively huge boosts to FC chance that'll make the tier costs realistic (still nowhere near instant, but at a reasonable gem level you'll get it in the span of hours, not days or weeks).

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Vil posted:

Don't worry about tiering up its spell until you get to the researches that start unlocking in R47 through... 55? Some of them (W1325? something like that) are impressively huge boosts to FC chance that'll make the tier costs realistic (still nowhere near instant, but at a reasonable gem level you'll get it in the span of hours, not days or weeks).

I'm actually at R53 and getting to 10 Trillion for Spiritual Surge 2 as Titans/Dragon take several hours. There's the Druid/Dragon build that I might shift into if this build starts petering out.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jesus, you're all still talking about Trimps?
Is this like the only worthwhile Inc Game on the PC nowadays?

I feel like I've tried so many at this point and lost interest in most of them but I'm back to Trimps once again.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Deakul posted:

Jesus, you're all still talking about Trimps?
Is this like the only worthwhile Inc Game on the PC nowadays?

I feel like I've tried so many at this point and lost interest in most of them but I'm back to Trimps once again.

Well, it's still updated, so :v:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I got my last mastery in trimps. I scripted a lot of the endgame because im boring (and i could really only check it once a day) but i still found it fairly entertaining to progess through and mess with the script settings and perk ratios to squeeze out the highest he/hr

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Polish posted:

I just made one, pass code can be found here. I was pretty addicted to the first one for about a year so I plan on being pretty active in this one.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm actually at R53 and getting to 10 Trillion for Spiritual Surge 2 as Titans/Dragon take several hours. There's the Druid/Dragon build that I might shift into if this build starts petering out.

I basically run rush titan builds (a few minutes at first right after reincarnating, and capping out at about 1 hour per abdication) up until somewhere in the e30s, at which point I switch to druids because they tier up spells faster. At that point big surges of gem progress are more a matter of hitting points where I get a new spell tier, or spending long enough in the R that I get to GB11.

At some point in the R60s things will get so slow even with GB11 and SS4/DB3 (and SS4/DB3 take quite some time to reach in the first place) that you'll need to go faceless for their buildup/scaling to push you to new limits.

Also somewhere around R58 (or R58's gem totals at lower Rs), you should go for spell cataclysm if you haven't already. Its upgrade is really good.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
For anyone playing tap titans 2, I stumbled on this guide and it has been super helpful.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

The Amaranthine Christmas event is up, so even if you left us please come back for 2 weeks to get stockings. Also a good time to join and get stocked up on festive gear!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

RG update with dragon challenges is out. Challenge 1 is pretty trivial between W400, and dwarf 5, just gotta hit 7500 actual buildings, pretty easy with a standard titan build, and you can add E135 if you need a little nudge.

Challenge 2 is sneakier due to the bloodline requirement in conjunction with the "this game" mana generated. Hint: You don't have to actually affiliate with dragons until the very end. Until then, A400 is your friend.

Vil fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Dec 19, 2016