Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What good does getting mad do me? I've already invested enough emotional and mental energy into this farce, and at this point nothing CIG does surprises or particularly bothers me. If they gently caress me over and don't refund the money then yeah, I'll get mad and do everything in my power to make them return what I'm owed, but outside of that what does it matter? The bottom line is that I've finally accepted that CIG is hosed, Star Citizen is a scam, and that there's nothing that can be done to save it. Given how far down the rabbit hole I went that's a pretty significant thing for me.

This. This anger that has been growing. That's the healing happening. Embrace that poo poo. Then let it go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
because gently caress why not

quote this post with your five best predictions of tomorrows live stream, whoever is most accurate wins wither a copy of elite dangerous or planet coaster or a steam game of equivalent or a donation to some loving charity because its christmas you stupid game addicted nerds

1. vignettes are finally shown for SQ42
2. star marine trailer with boot camp guy video, kinda corny
3. 2.6! amazing stuff that was shown last month
4. ptu announcement for 2.6
5. new features that are coming in 3.0, small demo

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

quote this post with your five best predictions of tomorrows live stream, whoever is most accurate wins wither a copy of elite dangerous or planet coaster or a steam game of equivalent or a donation to some loving charity because its christmas you stupid game addicted nerds

Here's from my earlier prediction:

1: There will be a Sq42 cutscene, this will prove without a shadow of a doubt the game nobody wants is real and is nearly done
2: 2.6 will be released, but it won't have Star Marine, only the usual refactors you know and love
3: we will see more high detail actor models, possibly one of them animated and speaking. This may be part of the Sq42 cutscene
4: We won't see Gillian or Gary, not even as CGI
5: there will be no live play demo of Sq42 gameplay

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TheAgent posted:

Ooh nice.

1. Concept sale is the F8 Lightning or whatever
2. Chris Roberts tries to play some "new" part of the game and can't
3. Lando leaves mid stream to go vomit up cheap bourbon
4. Drill Sergeant is R. Lee. Ermey knock off
5. Not one but TWO helmet flips.

e: forgot a word

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheAgent posted:

1. Chris wears black.
2. The stream starts late.
3. Sandi will wear something that makes us all go "WTF".
4. Chris doesn't go anywhere near the game, instead letting menials be humiliated.
5. Jared dresses up as hobo Santa.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

TheAgent posted:

1) croberts failing to play his own game due to "technical difficulties"
2) someone makes a bad joke and sandi gives them that look
3) citizens posting nothing but praise for the amazing work they've done for 2.6 on r/starcitizen
4) sq42 looks exactly like wing commander 4 HD
5) sale that will bring in a few million $ for croberts cocaine habit amazing game

if i win, please gift me the e:d horizons upgrade, as i already own the original game, tia edit: actually, i don't really play e:d anymore so donate 50$ to the international red cross :)

Das Butterbrot fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Dec 16, 2016

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

TheAgent posted:

1. at some point, lando or lesnick will be on-screen, and someone will come and whisper a change of schedule or bad news in their ears. they will get that glassy-eyed look of depression and sudden intense pressure, like bush jr. in the front of the little kids
2. an exciting new commercial for a new ship, or a reskin of an old ship, or a new ad for an old ship
3. technical difficulties
4. star marine trailer / hype building with nothing released or provided to Joe Videogameplayer
5. sandi will try to smile but will inevitably give us a sneer or scowl worthy of jon voight in 'anaconda'

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

1. Chris wears black.
2. The stream starts late.
3. Sandi will wear something that makes us all go "WTF".
4. Chris doesn't go anywhere near the game, instead letting menials be humiliated.
5. Jared dresses up as hobo Santa.
you already gonna lose lol

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

TheAgent posted:

1. The stream will start late.
2. There will be sound problems. Chris will be heard talking over some other video.
3. They will pretend that something they show is in the real game but something will go wrong revealing it to be scripted/a video
4. Something will get cut off early and Ben will fill in as best he can.
5. They will forget about anything they promised earlier, ignore previous release dates and repackage their old promises as new ones all coming next year.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

alf_pogs posted:

1. at some point, lando or lesnick will be on-screen, and someone will come and whisper a change of schedule or bad news in their ears. they will get that glassy-eyed look of depression and sudden intense pressure, like bush jr. in the front of the little kids
2. an exciting new commercial for a new ship, or a reskin of an old ship, or a new ad for an old ship
3. technical difficulties
4. star marine trailer / hype building with nothing released or provided to Joe Videogameplayer
5. sandi will try to smile but will inevitably give us a sneer or scowl worthy of jon voight in 'anaconda'

alf_pogs posted:

alf_pogs posted:

1. at some point ... lesnick ... will get that glassy-eyed look

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TheAgent posted:

I would love a free game, but I shan't win one as I am unable to shut my forebrain done sufficiently to think at CIG's level. (Despite the damage Obey-The-Fist has done to my cognition on Reddit tonight!)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:vince:

e: goddamn posting on mobile

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

remember the good old days when sandi and the colossus would routinely host the show together

god drat those were some good, simple times. it feels like an eternity ago

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Also I kind of realized that they still have a lot of stuff in their bag to fleece whales for when the times start to get really hard. All they have to do is finally drop a 15 second CGI clip of the Vanduul and that'll get them through at least a fiscal quarter. They really have mastered the art of not releasing content. Honestly I see the funding going up to at least 180-200 million before release. Even if you manage to fool only 0.01% of nerds there are just so many people in the world.

"In the grim darkness of the far future, there is on-paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp!"

Amarcarts fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Dec 16, 2016

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

TheAgent posted:

1) 2.6 for the PTU announced for right after the stream ends (no idea if it'll actually be available then or not)
2) SQ42 stuff shown is just another character trailer
3) Star Marine not shown
4) Chris Roberts dressed as Santa and looking like he hates it
5) I dunno gently caress it show leads with ship sales again

TheLastRoboKy fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Dec 16, 2016

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Beet Wagon posted:

loving lmbo at the future space marine drill instructor they're clearly gonna have in their Star Marine ad.

It's 9 billion years in the future and drill instructors still wear brown rounds because crobberts is a loving hack.

If there's one thing that members of the various armed services enjoy, it's being confused for a member of another service branch. They certainly don't feel an identity that's unique to their branch and would totally welcome having patches that look like all the other patches, except the pointy bits are in different directions.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Amarcarts posted:

Also I kind of realized that they still have a lot of stuff in their bag to fleece whales for when the times start to get really hard. All they have to do is finally drop a 15 second CGI clip of the Vanduul and that'll get them through at least a fiscal quarter. They really have mastered the art of not releasing content. Honestly I see the funding going up to at least 180-200 million before release. Even if you manage to fool only 0.01% of nerds there are just so many people in the world.

"In the grim darkness of the far future, there is on-paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp!"

Heretical scum.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

TheAgent posted:

Well two of the gals here have been lasered, the bros all manscape because gently caress all is lost if my pubic hair is longer than my dick
I take that extra step and botox the ol' sac. Smooth as a tomato.

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

TheAgent posted:

1. ptu announcement for 2.6

3. new features that are coming in 3.0, small demo

4. vignettes are finally shown for SQ42

5. 2.6! amazing stuff that was shown last month

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
  • cig shows a highly controlled / scripted demo of something "cool"
  • cig promises an update / release "soon"
  • cig announces a sale "now"
  • spergs, feeling reassured that progress is being made, open up thier "wallets"
  • nothing significant ever actually gets released

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

TheLightPurges posted:

The only way I can see CIG getting a "win" here is if they release 2.6 to live (only moderately poo poo) and showing a fancy fixed sq42 demo.

- Ship sale.

- Promises of pushing Star Marine to the PTU soon.

- Best drat (well not really) WipeOut Remake Because Real Gameplay Mechanics Are Hard (BDWRBRGMAH--just rolls off the tongue.)

- Bonus: no Chris and Sandi because they are already in Hawaii.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
as i'm not really following this thing that much other than skipping through this thread for laughs every now and then, where/when does the livestream even happen?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheAgent posted:

you already gonna lose lol

LOL no Jared?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

I'd loving bet dollars to pesos the SPACE MARINE DRILL INSTRUCTOR either sounds like or is played by R. Lee Ermey because why the gently caress wouldn't he be.

Stole my thunder son, was just thinking that. I want a Roberts screenplay* for the first half of that movie.

Money playing Snowball
Who knows who would be Joker
Pvt. Pyle...take a guess with a jelly donut.

*From what I read Kubrick just basically let Ermey go off and ran with it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Beet Wagon posted:

So you're the second image result for a google search of "Beanie Baby Collector"?

hosed up if true...

At least he gave five bucks for the further survival of these dying forums

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
There'll be another Top Gear/Grand Tour ripoff. Also Sandi will be caught death staring again (I hope)

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Galarox posted:

Hello all, RL has been a bit hectic for the last quite a while... Soooo-oo apropos of nothing, whats new? Are we there yet?

I have no loving idea who you are but welcome back!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

It is comforting to know a couple of account execs from Intel and TWC are probably now face palming themselves over their business relationships with this utter shitheap of flaccid dreams.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

While watching the White Rabbit Project on Scam artists, the covered The Dale. I was reminded of a single passenger car on display at the mall some time ago; "Early pre-orders get it for $1000" seemed like an appealing deal for a whole car. Didn't go for it but today I went and figured out the name of that company: Elio Motors

quote:

the vehicle, which was initially slated for 2014. The date has once been pushed back to 2015, and again moved to 2016. They are now saying that production will begin in 2017.
:eyepop:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Galarox posted:

Parpa Claus

Holy poo poo!

:master:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

wait i want to change my five:

1 - 2.6 is released as a "treat" at the start of the show - it's also the launch of the new official cig patcher, which is really cool and inventive
2 - derek smart and chris have an arm-wrestling match to settle things once and for all. toast is asked to officiate. it's a draw but everyone laughingly agrees that no matter what, the future of space games is bright
3 - a full and comprehensive breakdown of expenditures is made, and they show us entertaining photos of the team working hard in overalls on the space door. sandi grins and says "working hard, or hardly working?" and winks at the camera
4 - lesnick is revealed to have been a performance art piece, demonstrating new animatronic technology developed for the project. each lesnick unit requires three men to properly operate
5 - in the post-credits scene, lando's dad pulls his son close and says "thank you, son, thank you for what you gave us"

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

TheAgent posted:

• The presentation will start late. Very late. Specifically, on Sunday
  • Until then, streamers will play the same garbage build everyone's seen a million times already, trying not to look too bored. This will fail spectacularly when one dies of boredom on camera
  • Ben will not be present as the building is not rated to handle that sort of load
  • Sandi will give a speech, but not only will her microphone be off, the lights will be off as well
  • Halfway through Chris's presentation, Disco will roll in, piss drunk, and launch into a two-hour rambling monologue which is unironically the most entertaining thing CIG has produced all year. Goons and refundees everywhere will rush to buy back in to the project

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

wait i want to change my five:

Pffft. You don't want to change your five. You want to refactor them.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

TheAgent posted:

Sure, why not.
- Stream will start on time, hosted by [random professional marketer] and Sandi.
- Their will be a year in review video
- Concept sale, christmas discount sales, etc.
- 2.6 is now being rolled into 3.0
- Streamers playing Star Marine, which will be released to the backers as a seperate module Q1 2017.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Drunk Theory posted:

- 2.6 is now being rolled into 3.0

i like this one, i hope this one comes true

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

TheAgent posted:

1) Forty minutes before the stream, a thousand spergs are soiling towels in anticipation.
2) Ramen noodle commodities spike in prices, along with Pesico products.
3) A certain belt is tightened another two notches (3/16" to be exact) so it becomes smug.
4) Random poo poo is demonstrated, ship sale, fleecing of idiots continues.
5) A blog is written.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

alf_pogs posted:

i like this one, i hope this one comes true

except its now called Star Citizen 4.0

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

gonna basically cheat here:

1) Stream starts late
2) No sound/image at some point and chat gets rowdy
3) Adverts for ships that don't exist yet and won't be out next patch
4) At some points the "banter" pauses and everyone seems extremely awkward.
5) Chris (if he's on it) tries to start managing expectations then immediately fucks that up by promising some new wonder.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Can't believe no one's predicted !raffle yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

grimcreaper posted:

The bet was:

I bet you :10bux: that IF Squadron 42 or SC actually release they will be this generations Hellgate: London.

I had to google what Hellgate London was since I never heard about it before. I don't really have a frame of reference for it, so no.