Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I identify sexually as a Bothan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I hope the ending is basically just movie equivalent of someone on a hot streak with Vader in Star Wars: Battlefront. Just him striding through all the rebels swinging and throwing his saber and never breaking the pace of a brisk walk.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yep that didn't happen. It was awesome. I would not be shocked if it's on Youtube by the end of the week.

He said Darth Vader. :colbert: :spergin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvWv3uosN9E

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chomp8645 posted:

I hope the ending is basically just movie equivalent of someone on a hot streak with Vader in Star Wars: Battlefront. Just him striding through all the rebels swinging and throwing his saber and never breaking the pace of a brisk walk.

Pretty much.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

vyst posted:

I identify sexually as a Bothan

I googled it and you need to cut that out.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I googled it and you need to cut that out.

Don't trigger me pls.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I Am Apoplectic About The Movie

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Rogue One ends with Leia looking at the audience and saying "Hope"

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

No, that's not true. That's impossible.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Chomp8645 posted:

I have seen it and you won't be disappointed at all

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Rogue One ends with Leia looking at the audience and saying "Hope"

That's the last 5 seconds. The previous few of vader murdering hordes of rebels are brilliant

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Felicity Jones's character deserved to get vaporized for her "I rebel" line

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Felicity Jones's character deserved to get vaporized for her "I rebel" line

Does she?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Why are the rebels british this is the ruining my childhood

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Oh, gently caress that. First Rey, now a bunch of others.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
I'm the weedy French dude that looks like he has cancer and would be easy to wedgie acting like a hard oval office the whole movie.

Chomp8645 posted:

Pretty much, dunno why anyone finds that poo poo entertaining though.
He's so powerful he can just stroll by and murder everyone, but he will usually just delegate that work to wave after wave of storm troopers who can't aim instead, I guess most of the time he's not really trying to stop the rebels?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

theperminator posted:

I'm the weedy French dude that looks like he has cancer and would be easy to wedgie acting like a hard oval office the whole movie.

Pretty much, dunno why anyone finds that poo poo entertaining though.
He's so powerful he can just stroll by and murder everyone, but he will usually just delegate that work to wave after wave of storm troopers who can't aim instead, I guess most of the time he's not really trying to stop the rebels?

He has asthma, you rear end in a top hat. Sure, he can do all the work himself, but he'll be really tired after. And he can't just go on vacation to get himself back together. When he's not around to at least supervise everything goes to poo poo.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Look you go in and wipe out a Rebel base all by yourself and suddenly every rear end in a top hat vice-admiral with a problem is blowing your helmet up asking for a bail out.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I enjoyed it quite a bit but it a) could have used like one breather scene somewhere in the middle, like in hyperspace or something, where the characters got to know each other a little better, and b) holy gently caress don't put the weird Tarkin CGI zombie in the movie what the gently caress were you thinking aaaaghhh

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I enjoyed it quite a bit but it a) could have used like one breather scene somewhere in the middle, like in hyperspace or something, where the characters got to know each other a little better, and b) holy gently caress don't put the weird Tarkin CGI zombie in the movie what the gently caress were you thinking aaaaghhh

The first point seemed to be a much larger bone of contetion with the folks I watched it with, I didn't really mind the dense plot given they seemed like they wanted to pack a LOT of stuff into one script. They probably could have skipped the visit to the rainy planet all together, and had that story beat unfold in one smaller scene before everyone convenes for the rising action of the finale.

The whole third act was definitely the best, but overall I think the movie was pretty loving great. No major plot holes, everybody's motivations are clear, it made sense when characters made emotional journeys and decisions, and they didn't pull very many punches with the ending. There was a lot of winking fan service, but at the very least it felt like it was its own story.

Easily the best Star Wars prequel.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Rogue one overall was alright, there's a decent amount of action and there's good payoffs to certain characters, though I'm starting to think it's going to be a christmas tradition for Disney to kill off someone important or cause genocide in a star wars film.

That being said, here's to Empire Strikes Back 2 Episode VIII next year.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
When do we get a Dash Rendar movie?

Or that dude from xwing alliance, Great News Ace!

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Kharnifex posted:

When do we get a Dash Rendar movie?

Or that dude from xwing alliance, Great News Ace!

the outrider was in that rebels show but not dash rendar which was lame

also saw rogue one last night. i liked it. tarkin got promoted

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Saw it and liked it. Not amazing but good.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I thought it was real good and fun. Also S2KO ruled.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The soundtrack was the biggest letdown. This really comes through at the very end. When Vader's Star Destroyer jumps in it should have been a last minute "Oh poo poo!" moment but the music is still in "Job well done heroes" mode and it immediately told me that the movie was just filling in the remaining details to the opening shot of A New Hope.

Aside from that it was a pretty good movie.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

They should just make a Star Wars movie about Han Solo smuggling space drugs and shooting fuckers at bars. Basically Indiana Jones in space but with space adventure instead of regular adventure and space Nazis instead of real Nazis.

Too bad we will never get that.

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

Gammatron 64 posted:

I remember hearing they had to reshoot the whole movie because it ended with Darth Vader stalking and murdering all the characters like he was Jason Vorhees and that was too dark

Uhhhhhh dude, I'd love for them to make an entire movie of just Darth Vader slaughtering people. Make a Star Wars Horror movie with Darth Vader instead of Michael Myers. That would be amazing. Just make a whole movie of Vader being a stone cold evil badass so we can make up for them making him into a pussy in the prequels.

That would be awesome

The Skeleton King posted:

They should just make a Star Wars movie about Han Solo smuggling space drugs and shooting fuckers at bars. Basically Indiana Jones in space but with space adventure instead of regular adventure and space Nazis instead of real Nazis.

Is this a joke

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
They should do a movie focused on that monkey lizard.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Bob James posted:

They should do a movie focused on that monkey lizard.

there was already a 10 part book series

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Wilrow Hood spin off where he and the Cyborg dick off while no one else is in Cloud City when

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I like this movie but the very end of it doesn't make much sense unless you've seen episode IV. Vader being an unstoppable murderfuck machine with a rageboner was really fun in this Disney film.

:yayclod:

They're shooting that in 2017

feller
Jul 5, 2006

That belongs in my veins

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
they could hire vin diesel to voice chewbacca

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The first point seemed to be a much larger bone of contetion with the folks I watched it with, I didn't really mind the dense plot given they seemed like they wanted to pack a LOT of stuff into one script. They probably could have skipped the visit to the rainy planet all together, and had that story beat unfold in one smaller scene before everyone convenes for the rising action of the finale.

The whole third act was definitely the best, but overall I think the movie was pretty loving great. No major plot holes, everybody's motivations are clear, it made sense when characters made emotional journeys and decisions, and they didn't pull very many punches with the ending. There was a lot of winking fan service, but at the very least it felt like it was its own story.

Easily the best Star Wars prequel.

I liked that it didnt pull punches and most of the deaths felt earned or at least worked. yeah most of the characters were simple characters but none of them were awful and had clear motivations and they were likable enough.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I liked that it didnt pull punches and most of the deaths felt earned or at least worked. yeah most of the characters were simple characters but none of them were awful and had clear motivations and they were likable enough.

I liked that one guy who supported the protagonist because he was told to, that way he handled a thrown grenade was baller too.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

They made the South Asian the IT guy and the Chinese dude the kungfu master/spiritual guru

Nice racism star wars

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
That's what the chinese people want though?
The only reason the chinese dude is there, is so it'll sell in China.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Rogue one out of five stars

Is what I give it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Wikkheiser posted:

Rogue one out of five stars

Is what I give it